AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-20, 18:57   Link #141
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistypearl View Post
Also I was wondering if anyone new if the new release included all of the extras? I heard it didn't so I was reluctant to pre order the new one. Thanks
An ADV rep stated on another board that the new release WILL have all of the extras included.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 16:34   Link #142
KimmyChan

I'm so hoping that this will get a UK DVD release very soon as I'll buy it right away if so
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 17:21   Link #143
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well, I finally got my copy of the DVDs back from a friend. I believe I loaned them to her back in January or so but her little sister ran off with them and refused to give them back! XD I have resorted to loaning them out one at a time now, I might re-watch them myself soon.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 04:22   Link #144
KimmyChan

You're so lucky! I'm determined to get the DVDs myself soon, sometime soon anyway
Old 2009-04-22, 07:17   Link #145
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
An ADV rep stated on another board that the new release WILL have all of the extras included.
That's great! Now I have to convince my sister to get it for me
Old 2009-04-22, 08:53   Link #146
KimmyChan

I've seen the front cover of the USA Region 1 Princess Tutu box set and it looks so good!
Old 2009-06-25, 15:57   Link #147
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

After 8 excrutiating days of waiting, I've finally gotten my very own copy of Princess Tutu Hoorah!! (Since borrowing my sister's dvd set was no longer an option due to her *selfishly* going off to college )

And now, pictures

The cover art is much improved than the last version, really give a feel for the series, and I'm very fond of the DVD's look. Though sometimes the first DVD pops out when I open it, it's case serves its purpose, though I'm not a fan of having all of the DVD's on top of each other. It also says on the back that the extras are still included which is great! (So LKK was right!)

Spoiler for A bit long:

Well that's it, I'm pretty pleased, though my sister's old version of the box set feels sturdier. Also her's has the wings so the DVD's are seperate, but I guess that cost more money. Oh well, besides that I go for aesthetics I guess.
Old 2009-06-26, 13:25   Link #148
FireChick

A new boxset? Cool! I better get my hands on it once I get to Otakon!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 18:05   Link #149
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Hmm, I might try my luck at printing out that new dust jacket and sticking it over the one I have for the old box. That art was so fugly...
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 15:52   Link #150
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistypearl View Post
Spoiler for A bit long:
That Princess Tutu DVD box set looks lovely! *Is so jealous*
Old 2009-06-28, 02:41   Link #151
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm actually regretting the earlier boxset edition. Don't get me wrong, Rue (or was it Kraehe in the box?) is IMO the prettiest character in the series, but the series is named Princess Tutu for crying out loud. Whoever decided to put Rue in the earlier edition should get shot lol.

Then DVD 6 shows Ahiru/Fakir together dancing the pas de deux? Man, talk about rubbing salt on an open wound, as they are my OTP of the series....
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 09:15   Link #152
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Ach mein Gott, a new boxset? I'm so buying this.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 05:21   Link #153
KimmyChan

It's always a good thing to buy a really good anime series as a re-released boxset

Even if you've already got the first originally released boxset release from a while back

Especially if it's a series that you really enjoy, such as this one
Old 2013-06-29, 07:19   Link #154
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

First post in the topic 4 years to the day? Maybe there's some kismet in my finishing this series today at last.

Pretty wonderful show, all things considered. The staff list is long, but Princess Tutu has Satou Junichi's spiritual fingerprints all over it. I love him when his work is tempered with a bit of an edge, which mostly seems to be when he's directing someone else's material. I doubt I could mine anything new to say about the show so many years after most people have seen it, but I really love the sense of humor mixed with the sense of tragedy - a potent combination. It's an explosion of whimsy and pure imagination of the kind we don't see too often in anime these days. And obviously, the music is superb - not that you could go wrong with that soundtrack. And while the cast is generally great, Katou Nanae is unbelievably good as Ahiru - why in the world has she not been in more series in major roles?

As for the ending, well... I'll just say I had a growing inkling over the last several episodes that
Spoiler for just in case:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 09:19   Link #155
Kirarakim

Glad you enjoyed it, it is one of my absolute favorites

As for Ahiru's ending I think it is bitter sweet but I think she did find happiness and

Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-29, 09:37   Link #156
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for quack:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 16:52   Link #157
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler for quack:
Pretty old, but I want to address it. Ahiru's a magical duck who can live 100 years. This is a world of fairytale and
Spoiler for ending spoiler:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote