AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-29, 22:33   Link #11781
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I usually assumed stories where Vampires have childen of their own, aka fertile, implies that they are living.

Here, Reproduction of Vampires in folklore and fiction
I guess it depends on the story or it's something you don't really think about when seeing a vampire with children. Like what you say has never once popped in my head.
Old 2011-06-29, 22:38   Link #11782
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Wasn't Izzard going to have a vampire bite index so she doesn't have to worry about death from the spell that kills her every year?
I'll have to wait for the volume 2 to be fully translated for confirmation, but if the anime adaptation had it right, then it wasn't to make her immortal but rather to modify her brain so it could store an unlimited amount of information, and thus preventing her from dying by information overload (poor naive alchemist.)

Quote:
I guess it depends on the story or it's something you don't really think about when seeing a vampire with children. Like what you say has never once popped in my head.
Just from the top of my head, in the manga Karin vampires are a race, so they reproduce among themselves (though half breeds are possible.) There no conversion there.

Of course, the link Chaos has a lot more info.
Old 2011-06-29, 22:41   Link #11783
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
I'll have to wait for the volume 2 to be fully translated for confirmation, but if the anime adaptation had it right, then it wasn't to make her immortal but rather to modify her brain so it could store an unlimited amount of information, and thus preventing her from dying by information overload (poor naive alchemist.)
I am not sure what a vampire would have to do with that.
Quote:
Just from the top of my head, in the manga Karin vampires are a race, so they reproduce among themselves (though half breeds are possible.) There no conversion there.
It still depends on the story whether vampires are alive or not. Supposedly the traditional Dracula was undead.
Old 2011-06-29, 22:46   Link #11784
leukrota

Quote:
I am not sure what a vampire would have to do with that.
Me neither, but that's what Izzard said... Or rather, what I understood.
Quote:
It still depends on the story whether vampires are alive or not. Supposedly the traditional Dracula was undead.
True, true.

Hopefully, Kazuma will some day explain more about his vampires.

Last edited by leukrota; 2011-06-29 at 22:47. Reason: Clarification
Old 2011-06-29, 22:48   Link #11785
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Wasn't Izzard going to have a vampire bite index so she doesn't have to worry about death from the spell that kills her every year?
Aureolus wanted to extract from the vampire the quality of storing an infinite amount of knowledge in their brains for all eternity. If that characteristic couldn't be inherited or couldn't be passed down into a human, then he would convert Index in a vampire.
Old 2011-06-29, 22:50   Link #11786
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post

Hopefully, Kazuma will some day explain more about his vampires.
They wear red clothes and carry guns.
Old 2011-06-29, 22:56   Link #11787
leukrota

Quote:
They wear red clothes and carry guns.
And transform into shapeless shadows with multiple eyes.
Old 2011-06-29, 23:06   Link #11788
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

All right joke time.

I remember around October we had a Ten Commandments of Touma and some Touma jokes that were like Chuck norris ones. So lets make some funny shit with this quote.
Quote:
“Between me and you, there is an impassable wall.”
Basically all you have to do is put

x said this to y when z
Old 2011-06-29, 23:15   Link #11789
leukrota

... For example?
Old 2011-06-29, 23:18   Link #11790
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

I couldn't do it any better than the Crack King

Quote:
That was Accelerator's classy way to taunt Kakine about his smaller dick.
Old 2011-06-29, 23:46   Link #11791
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm only going to do this once:

Quote:
Hamazura said this to Dress no Shoujo while standing behind a wall -_-

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-06-30 at 00:00.
Old 2011-06-29, 23:55   Link #11792
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
What Aleister thought before Touma's dragonhead arm ate his Windowless Building whole.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-06-29, 23:59   Link #11793
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

It what the person on the other side of the wall said to Awaki.
Old 2011-06-30, 00:23   Link #11794
Sumeragi
Banned

What Touma would say to Mikoto......

*Destroys the thought*
Old 2011-06-30, 04:25   Link #11795
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
Oh! Forgot to ask: Does anybody know more about the life force used to generate mana?
The novels described as magicians using their own body to act as a energy converter (life force -> mana), like how raw fossil fuels gets transformed into various materials like diesel, raw materials for plastic, and so on. Different systems (eg Shinto, Buddhism, Christianity) uses mana processed at different levels, like how cars run on different types of fuels.

This is all from Vol2 IIRC.
Old 2011-06-30, 04:35   Link #11796
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
The novels described as magicians using their own body to act as a energy converter (life force -> mana), like how raw fossil fuels gets transformed into various materials like diesel, raw materials for plastic, and so on. Different systems (eg Shinto, Buddhism, Christianity) uses mana processed at different levels, like how cars run on different types of fuels.

This is all from Vol2 IIRC.
What I'm curious to know though, is whether this is like a gauge where it empties over time (empty tank = death), or it's fixed according to your lifespan, meaning that it will never decease so long as you're healthy (magic stat points = 100)

Either way would explain how Vampires and other immortal beings have the edge.
Old 2011-06-30, 04:41   Link #11797
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
What I'm curious to know though, is whether this is like a gauge where it empties over time (empty tank = death), or it's fixed according to your lifespan, meaning that it will never decease so long as you're healthy (magic stat points = 100)

Either way would explain how Vampires and other immortal beings have the edge.
Empty tank does equal death. Oriana's spell in Vol9-10 that worked on Fukiyose was supposed to target a magician's mana store, but it works on normal people as well since life force is the basis of mana. Not too sure on upper limit, however.

It's been stated vampires have infinite 'MP' (using gameplay terms), but human mages can't reach that level. That's why people die when they try to fight vampires.
Old 2011-06-30, 05:11   Link #11798
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Empty tank does equal death. Oriana's spell in Vol9-10 that worked on Fukiyose was supposed to target a magician's mana store, but it works on normal people as well since life force is the basis of mana. Not too sure on upper limit, however.

It's been stated vampires have infinite 'MP' (using gameplay terms), but human mages can't reach that level. That's why people die when they try to fight vampires.
Hmmm, so it does work like that, and so for each spell they cast, it chips a portion of their life... But it doesn't seem to have an obvious side effect most of the time.... Does it mean humans have a large capacity for power?! Could it be enough to save the Universe from Entropy ?!
Old 2011-06-30, 05:54   Link #11799
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Hmmm, so it does work like that, and so for each spell they cast, it chips a portion of their life... But it doesn't seem to have an obvious side effect most of the time.... Does it mean humans have a large capacity for power?! Could it be enough to save the Universe from Entropy ?!
*harisens Chaos*

NANDEYANE!
Old 2011-06-30, 07:13   Link #11800
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

By analogy, Kyuubey is useless in the Index Universe.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen