AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-24, 23:18   Link #1201
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Miraluka? They do seem interesting. I like their racial skill.

My mains a Twi'lek Sorcerer, played it light side. But I get so much grief from the guildies and friends, always calling me slave and alien scum. Most of the guild are Humans and Sith with the odd Zabarak, I think I'm the only Twi'lek. So I guess I cop all the bashing the Gnome players used to get in WoW lol.

Spoiler for My toon's:
Old 2012-01-24, 23:30   Link #1202
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

But I asked how he looked >_>

Not much to say about female characters, they all seem to be prettied, i dont see many scary or any pure siths.
Old 2012-01-25, 00:56   Link #1203
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post

Not much to say about female characters, they all seem to be prettied, i dont see many scary or any pure siths.
Chiming in all late, as I took a break from forums for a while
I'm playing my free month, as I got a copy of the game for free, and well.. it comes w/ a free month I'm playing a Sith Pureblood Inquisitor, Sorc spec. Hubby's got a Sith Pureblood Inquisitor, Assassin spec. Our free months are up uh... in a couple of weeks? so we'll see how far we get in that time, as we won't be subbing.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 01:50   Link #1204
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post

Ah heh, well I thought he looked fine to me. I like the blindfold he had though, I thought I said that in the other post but I guess I deleted it. What about if he had the spiky hair, or too 'emo'?

I don't think I've seen many Miraluka around, but I guess they are kind of hard to tell apart from normal human characters.

The agent has scaring on the left side of her face. >.>
The marauder, I was going for the darker disposition with her complexion. The Jedi I deliberately went for the cutsey pure look.

I find it hard to make evil characters for the sake of being evil. I do have a male bald human warrior, who I was thinking of going pure dark side with, since I think he'd end up looking like Malgus at Dark 5. I was gona make the Marauder evil, but got side tracked. I'd make the agent evil but I don't want the corruption showing up on a non-force character.
Old 2012-01-25, 06:43   Link #1205
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I'd make the agent evil but I don't want the corruption showing up on a non-force character.

You know you can turn that off, right?

Old 2012-01-25, 07:08   Link #1206
Mr Hat and Clogs

Yeah, but it turns it off for everyone. It's not just a toggle for your character. That and its bugged anyway, and keeps turning itself back on.
Old 2012-01-25, 07:28   Link #1207
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Yeah, but it turns it off for everyone. It's not just a toggle for your character. That and its bugged anyway, and keeps turning itself back on.
Ahh; I didn't realize it was a global thing (not that I wanted corruption to show anywho lol)...

Bugs? in TOR? NEVER!

That's actually 1 reason we're playing our free month and leaving it for a while.. between the bugs/glitches and the ridonkulous PR mess (forum bannings, origin issues, etc etc), we'll wait and see how Bioware (or EA, I should say, since they call the shots) handles it... I'm also with another company, so my time is scarce (and I am obligated to be playing another MMO so I know wtf is going on with my players, LOL) and playing more than 1 MMO +job +kids +hubby +gf is stretching it a bit thin!

Old 2012-01-25, 13:14   Link #1208
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
The later bug's been fixed, though.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 08:46   Link #1209
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Wait... why does EU get more Kotor 2 name inspired servers?

Yep, this the biggest issue right now. US servers has one called Fatman, but Kotor 2 referenced severs? Nooooope.

This is the last straw Bioware.
During the betas I got on there was a ton of US servers with kotor 2 names but they practicially all disappeared after the betas . I got really upset when there I tried to get on a kotor 2 named server upon early release but they where all full.

Then the name MeetraSurik was taken... so I named my JC MeetraRand (I always wanted Exile and Atton to hook up any ways at the very least I'll claim my character is a decedant of theirs ), and all my characters since have either Meetra or Surik in their name.

I would say take that bioware, but Meetra is a horrid name and Surik is pretty bad too... why did the book Revan have to give her such a lame name? (Asked rhetoricially, most of us already have our supisions why and I'm not trying to start a flame war)
Old 2012-01-30, 15:43   Link #1210
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Okay, so, seeking opinions...

It's been a month and I am considering buying some of the Collector's Edition extras on eBay.

Soundtrack - Worth it? Like, is it just a bunch of :30-:40 second clips or are they longer, drawn out, orchestrated pieces like you expect out of Star Wars music?

Journal - Someone here or on another board said that the journal has notations by Satele not seen in the online database. Are these notations worth buying the journal instead of just rewatching the Master Gnost-Dural clips on the SWTOR website?

Map - How big is it? I was considering buying the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE last night on Amazon, but I saw the size of the Map of Rome in a photo on eBay and I'm glad I just got the regular edition; the map was pretty small and lacked a lot of detail. I don't want to drop money on the galaxy map if it's just this 8.5 x 11 (or even smaller) thing with just some planets and no real detail.

Thanks for the input!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 15:59   Link #1211
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Would all that be cheaper than just buying a CE new?

I haven't listened to the soundtrack, but can weigh in on the rest...
The Journal's kinda neat, if you're into lore... Offhand I cannot recall if it mimics the online one, but some people really like a BOOK format as opposed to the holo's..

Map: Unfolded, it's approx 22" x 15", shows the galaxy and lists planets and a few stats, it's just on glossy paper, IMO not worth $$ unless you *really* like that stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Okay, so, seeking opinions...

It's been a month and I am considering buying some of the Collector's Edition extras on eBay.

Soundtrack - Worth it? Like, is it just a bunch of :30-:40 second clips or are they longer, drawn out, orchestrated pieces like you expect out of Star Wars music?

Journal - Someone here or on another board said that the journal has notations by Satele not seen in the online database. Are these notations worth buying the journal instead of just rewatching the Master Gnost-Dural clips on the SWTOR website?

Map - How big is it? I was considering buying the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE last night on Amazon, but I saw the size of the Map of Rome in a photo on eBay and I'm glad I just got the regular edition; the map was pretty small and lacked a lot of detail. I don't want to drop money on the galaxy map if it's just this 8.5 x 11 (or even smaller) thing with just some planets and no real detail.

Thanks for the input!

Last edited by cheyannew; 2012-01-30 at 16:35.
Old 2012-01-30, 16:50   Link #1212
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
Would all that be cheaper than just buying a CE new?
Very yes. Even if I do the Buy-It-Now prices, it comes out to a reasonable price (for all three items I listed).
Quote:
I haven't listened to the soundtrack, but can weigh in on the rest...
The Journal's kinda neat, if you're into lore... Offhand I cannot recall if it mimics the online one, but some people really like a BOOK format as opposed to the holo's..

Map: Unfolded, it's approx 22" x 15", shows the galaxy and lists planets and a few stats, it's just on glossy paper, IMO not worth $$ unless you *really* like that stuff.
Thanks for the info. The map is probably the least valuable item to me, but it'd be nice to have. Did the map come packaged with the journal? Because the eBay entries all seem to have the map and the journal together. The other items from the CE are listed in separate entries.

Old 2012-01-30, 17:08   Link #1213
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Did the map come packaged with the journal? Because the eBay entries all seem to have the map and the journal together. The other items from the CE are listed in separate entries.

Errrrm.. I honestly cannot recall; but it can't hurt to have them together; the poster certainly isn't worth $$ by itself, IMO

Old 2012-01-30, 20:42   Link #1214
Mr Hat and Clogs

i dont think the map was inside the journal, pretty sure it was separate. But they are about the same size when the map is folded.

I liked the journal, was kinda interesting.

<3 my Malgus statue.
Old 2012-01-30, 21:37   Link #1215
JagdPanther

Quote:
<3 my Malgus statue.
If it had been a Satele statue, I probably wouldn't have canceled my CE preorder. lol

Old 2012-01-30, 21:51   Link #1216
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Since i have crap internet and computer can i ask a couple of questions?

Spoiler for Only if you beat the game:
Old 2012-02-10, 02:53   Link #1217
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Just got back in to the game, and hello, Founder.

Also, I've started playing an IA, going for maybe an Operative? But I'm still juggling the choice to go Sniper (since I'm a lazy huntard). But a stealthy healer is quite refreshing and tempting to me too. Anyone here with experience on an IA and what are the issues still plaguing them?

I must say though, Kaliyo perhaps counts as a tsundere. She's bi, unpredictable, and yet from her companion mission videos she sounds like she's just short of stammering like Ueda Kana in Material-D voice at times. XD
Old 2012-02-10, 08:06   Link #1218
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

What makes you think she's Bi?

and how does Bi make someone Tsundere or am I miss reading what you mean.
Old 2012-02-10, 09:20   Link #1219
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Its an old joke since Fate/Stay Night, and reinforced by CLANNAD, that tsunderes are bi--

*KALEIDO-BLASTED*

But yeah, its mostly the unpredictability that makes her seem tsundere in my eyes. She even has a 'dere' moment after all the tsun she throws you all game - the conclusion of the marriage proposal. That look, for a moment, she actually looked innocent!
Old 2012-02-10, 13:05   Link #1220
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Not a very funny one... and you can't reinforce something that's not there.

Anyways, I've taken a break from TOR to play Twisted Metal and Kingdoms Of Alamur. Hopefully some new stuff comes out and fixs.

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows