Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-07, 17:08   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Romance in Bleach

So who are these Bleach-fans feeling a bit... hmm... how shall I put it... ah yes... tired of reading the Ichigo-Rukia-Orihime thread? I'm not naming names.

Why should those trio get all the attention where romance is concerned? A solid question to ponder about, yes? Hence, the thread! Go ahead, work on your wildest of fantasies where you may pair up your favorite characters in Bleach from A to Z and where the sky is the limit.

I just have one rule in affect for this thread:
  • Discuss and not list!

If you are just going to list your pairing and not going to bother with an explanation to support your pairing, then don't bother posting in the thread. If I see such post, I'll delete it.

Also, don't turn this thread into another Orihime-Ichigo-Rukia thread. The punishment will be harsh.

Have fun, and try not to get on each others' nerve.
  • Additional Note: Please use spoiler tag when needed (i.e. when an event has yet to be animated).
    Inability to follow this simple rule will result in a ban.

Last edited by Hellychan; 2009-03-20 at 19:36. Reason: Added some extras =D
Old 2008-07-07, 17:59   Link #2
Langus
Optimus Prime

To get things started I'll re-hash my old post about Ichigo and Nel. If you only watch the anime please be conscious of the fact that there are manga spoilers below.

Which female character (or character in general) has Ichigo spent the MAJORITY of his time in HC with?

The answer would be Nel!

I could post manga scans and reference anime eps but it's the whole arc pretty much so that would be redundant. Many of you have suggested that this arc is the Orihime/Ichigo arc...well you are wrong my friends. The ONLY time these two have been seen together in the entire arc is episodes 164-167 so maybe it's not the Orihime/Ichigo arc then? Hers might come in time, but HC is clearly the Nel/ Ichigo arc. During it they've built up their friendship, risked their lives for one another, and fought side by side just like Ichigo does with all his other women (Orihime and Rukia).

***The rest of this post contains manga spoilers. You've been warned.***

So Ichigo Nel... Am I insane? I think not. Please see the selection of images below...images which CLEARLY show that there is an affectionate bond between Ichigo and Nel, a bond which rivals that of BOTH Rukia and Orihime...

Figure 1.): Nel expresses jealousy towards Rukia. Why would she care unless she's interested in him for herself?
Spoiler:

Figures 2 & 3 (manga chapter 271): Is that a smile on Ichigo's normally brooding face? Looks like he's pretty happy to see Nel...
Spoiler:

Nel cries over Ichigo because she's worried about him getting hurt. Ichigo apologizes and his look can't be described as anything but tender. A true sign of love? Tearful concern for their safety and well being.
Spoiler:

Figure 4.) Manga 276: Another tearful goodbye... Reminiscient to any other tearful goodbyes to a sleeping/dead Ichigo that we know of? Hmmm...
Spoiler:

Figure 5.) Ichigo is pretty quick to jump to Nel's defense. Sort of reminds me of the time he went after Ulquiorra when he mentioned a certain someone's name....Hmmm...
Spoiler for Bleach - Ichigo defends Nel manga 290:

Poor Ichigo...he must really care about Nel to get that worked up about it.

Figure 6.) So Ichigo and Nel...a love that reads more like that of a big brother to a little sister until you see this...
Spoiler for Bleach - Nel and Ichigo meant to be?:

And I'm done...
Old 2008-07-07, 18:35   Link #3
Formely_anon
Missing an "R"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Figure 6.) So Ichigo and Nel...a love that reads more like that of a big brother to a little sister until you see this...
Spoiler for Bleach - Nel and Ichigo meant to be?:
As much as it would otherwise seem clear to me that that pairing is never going to happen a hug like that is pretty much like reaching 3rd base in Bleach.
Old 2008-07-07, 18:50   Link #4
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I don't why its so doubt full.. it might be one of those relationships like that filler guy and Rukia.

Nell "I have to stay here"
Ichigo "Are you sure?"
Nell "Yes"
Ichigo *sad face*
Old 2008-07-07, 19:00   Link #5
Langus
Optimus Prime

Alright so Ichigo Nel has been demonstrated as a definitely possibility. Now for those of us who prefer something a little different, let's look at the plausibility of Orihime/Tatsuki. A pairing which I think has definite merit. Don't agree? Let's read the evidence shall we?

In Bleach there is a certain re-occurring theme. When characters see the people they love/deeply care about in trouble they get a power up. Ichigo is famous for this. For him it's a visible pattern from the very beginning and it's the same with other characters too. Take Orihime for example. She openly admits that she loves Ichigo, but isn't it interesting that her first power up explodes to life when it's Tatsuki who is being threatened?

Spoiler for Spoiler for space:

Orihime and Tatsuki are best friends, but they're also quite fond of their alone time. How often do we see Tatsuki heading over to Orihime's with dinner or to hang out. And when everyone else in their group decides to go watch fireworks at the festival, only those two stay behind to have a nice heart to heart.

Spoiler for For Space:

Here too- replace Tatsuki with a man and the sentiment is fairly obviously romantic. Why should we read it any differently because she's a girl? It's obvious she and Orihime have deep emotional bond. Who's to say that bond can't extend or grow into a romantic attachment?
Old 2008-07-07, 19:16   Link #6
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Romance in Bleach is subtle at best. KT hasn't put much effort into developing romance; at best he's openly given us one sided love. Perhaps there are subtle hints hidden beneath the layers, but those are subject to interpretation and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Now here's a few on the topic of things.

--

Ichigo and Rukia -

First off I do not, absolutely do not want this to become a debate up the arse. But I'd like to point out this is one of the most popular and a very possibly a canon pairing. She's been with Ichigo from the start and has "changed his world." She's drawn him out of downs and has been his inspiration to strive for greater power. He's saved her and she's helped him. He's very close to her, but maybe a little too close to be considered on a lover’s side.

Why it would work: Ichigo and Rukia are extremely close to each other. They fit together well and their abrasive personalities are clash in a rather “love hate” relationship.

Why it wouldn’t work:
The same closeness that brings them together acts as a buffer towards a brotherly sisterly connection. Also, both have not outwardly shown any interest in each other than friends.

Ichigo and Orihime -

The other half of the Ichigo supposed triangle. It is the only other possible pairing that could somewhat be considered plausible. Orihime has known Ichigo since they were kids and it’s no secret that she likes him. She’s an outward ditz but is in fact very deep and thoughtful. Unfortunately there has always been an awkward "I'm not sure" air between them and therefore are just friends.

Why it would work: It’s the only admitted love in the series and there is a great possibility for development in the future.

Why it wouldn’t work: I’ll be honest, as it is now this pairing won’t work. KT has neglected to develop Orihime until this current arc, but due to a twist, Orihime is regrettably on the backburner once again.

Ichigo and Tatsuki -

She’s the popular underdog in the series, in my opinion anyway. Tomboyish and at times abrasive, she cares deeply for her friends. She and Ichigo are actual childhood friends since meeting in a karate class as kids. She is good friends with Orihime and adamantly defends her innocence from Chizuru.

Why it would work: Play the tomboyish childhood friend turned beautiful lover card. She is also the closest person to Ichigo outside of Rukia.

Why it wouldn’t work: There’s Orihime and she’s been out of the loop for so long. Plus KT hasn’t given a us a lot to work with except childhood.

Ichigo and Nel -

The “what the heck where'd she come from” pairing. I am actually surprised that I’m pretty open to this. Nel’s real persona is a beautiful strong woman with a kind personality to boot... unless angry. While she has only appeared in this current arc, she seems pretty taken by Ichigo.

Why it would work: They’re cute, it’s new, and it’s open to further development.

Why it wouldn’t work: No idea? I suppose it’s too new.

--

Lol, those are what I have atm…

As you can see my posts focused on Ichigo and possible pairings. In later posts I’ll focus on other non-Ichigo pairings.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-07, 19:23   Link #7
Calca
Expressionless

I always figured Ishida and Orihime would get closer to each other the way they stuck around in SS arc. Nothing really played out though.

It would be a good alternate for Inoue.
Old 2008-07-07, 20:23   Link #8
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
I always figured Ishida and Orihime would get closer to each other the way they stuck around in SS arc. Nothing really played out though.

It would be a good alternate for Inoue.
Just an alternate? What is he, a consolation prize? XD

I've always wanted moar IshidaxInoue, they've had very little interaction since the SS arc ended. He's so much better for her than Ichigo--they seem to bring out the best in each other, they share some of the same interests, and they're so adorable together. Not to mention that Orihime is more herself when she's around Ishida. She doesn't feel as inadequate and useless, she's more cheerful and talkative, and she seems to bring out a different Ishida than we see when he's with everyone else. They understand each other too--he knows how much she hates fighting and doesn't blame her for it (in fact, he doesn't think she should fight at all), and she always knows when something's up with him (like when he lost all his Quincy powers and why he wouldn't train with her and Chad). I think they're perfect for each other.

Fangirling over.

Last edited by blue skies; 2008-07-07 at 20:45.
Old 2008-07-07, 20:24   Link #9
Langus
Optimus Prime

TwilightHack: Good post! I look forward to reading what else you come up with!
Old 2008-07-07, 20:29   Link #10
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post
Just an alternate? What is he, a consolation prize? XD

I've always wanted moar IshidaxInoue, they've had very little interaction since the SS arc ended. He's so much better for her than Ichigo--they seem to bring out the best in each other, they share some of the same interests, and they're so adorable together. Not to mention that Orihime is more herself when she's around Ishida. She doesn't feel as inadequate and useless, she's more cheerful and talkative, and she seems to bring out different Ishida than we see when he's with everyone else. They understand each other too--he knows how much she hates fighting and doesn't blame her for it (in fact, he doesn't think she should fight at all), and she always knows when something's up with him (like when he lost all his Quincy powers and why he wouldn't train with her and Chad). I think they're perfect for each other.

Fangirling over.
I Agree, Ishida does look and is better with Orihime But I doub't it will happen.

It makes me sad that Chad gets no love what so ever hes such a awesome character.
Old 2008-07-07, 20:34   Link #11
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I Agree, Ishida does look and is better with Orihime But I doub't it will happen.
Oh, I don't actually think it's got a good chance anymore. But if it did happen, IchiRuki could just go to hell. IshidaxInoue's all I need, lol.

Quote:
It makes me sad that Chad gets no love what so ever hes such a awesome character.
I always imagine him with Tatsuki. Not that it's gonna happen. But they both kick ass, it could work XD.
Old 2008-07-07, 20:39   Link #12
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

that would be pretty fucking weird and awesome at the same time X'D a tough girl and a tough guy.
Old 2008-07-07, 20:39   Link #13
Langus
Optimus Prime

I kinda like him and Orihime together to be honest. Chad - tall, dark, handsome & Orihime - small, fair, and bubbly. Complete opposites but they'd kinda be cute together.
Old 2008-07-08, 00:24   Link #14
Jays

This is all wishfull thinking.

Romance in Bleach? What's next, Aizen hax fails?

What's the world coming to these days.
Old 2008-07-08, 00:31   Link #15
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
This is all wishfull thinking.

Romance in Bleach? What's next, Aizen hax fails?

What's the world coming to these days.
hahaha, After a few mins of thinking in the shower.... Bleach Romance is a bunch of wishful thinking. I mean they leave holes in so many of the relationships of the characters that there can be lots of possible couples... especialy except Chizuru.. I belive her love interest is dead set on Orihime
Old 2008-07-08, 00:46   Link #16
Langus
Optimus Prime

That's exactly why this thread is fun. There are so many plot holes at this point you could make a decent pairing case for almost anyone.
Old 2008-07-08, 06:50   Link #17
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Even IshidaxNemu? I thought i saw some small sparks fky in SS and HM arc..
Old 2008-07-08, 07:09   Link #18
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Even IshidaxNemu? I thought i saw some small sparks fky in SS and HM arc..
I was hoping that one would spark but I don't think it will happen.
Old 2008-07-08, 07:14   Link #19
kidashka

Argh IshidaxNemu....

I don't think that pairing /can/ work...

Nemu is already like Kurotsutchi's toy-thing, he wouldn't LET her, and she kinda seems to be incapable of any emotion whatsoever...

Huh.

I personally like GinxRangiku... Because it's kinda obvious something happened in the past.... from what they've said to each other and stuff, and how Matsumoto was all upset in 63 becauseof Gin leaving...
Old 2008-07-08, 08:34   Link #20
Langus
Optimus Prime

Really? I've always taken them as having a special bond but never a romantic one. They just strike me as very close friends - people who understand each other on a level no one else does. Kind of like how it is so far with Ichigo/Rukia.
Closed Thread