AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-11, 23:00   Link #3321
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

To be honest, Lelouch probably wouldn't have to do many atrocities. If you threaten to blow up anyone that opposes you w/ big ass bombs, even stories of atrocities, even ones that aren't true would almost certainly make the world hate you more and more. Lelouch is in charge of the world and just Geass people into making up stories about him. Word of mouth and some cleaverly staged 'acts' (literally) of violence is all it would really take.
Old 2008-10-11, 23:01   Link #3322
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
These things they did in an age where communication, records, and other means of information gathering were horribly primitive by comparison. In the digital age, Lelouch's actions, his deliberately tyrannical actions, would be known to all. The Sum of All Fears conveys this point rather well.
For some reason, the ending to Code Geass and Lelouch's actions felt more like a mix of 1984's concept and Frank Herbert's Dune.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 23:05   Link #3323
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
For some reason, the ending to Code Geass and Lelouch's actions felt more like a mix of 1984's concept and Frank Herbert's Dune.
It's been a while since 1984. I don't remember that too clearly. With Dune I assume you mean the God Emperor, and there I can certainly see the resemblance.
Old 2008-10-11, 23:09   Link #3324
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
To be honest, Lelouch probably wouldn't have to do many atrocities. If you threaten to blow up anyone that opposes you w/ big ass bombs, even stories of atrocities, even ones that aren't true would almost certainly make the world hate you more and more. Lelouch is in charge of the world and just Geass people into making up stories about him. Word of mouth and some cleaverly staged 'acts' (literally) of violence is all it would really take.
I am just saying that Lelouch predecessor was his father Charles, a man who conquered many countries preformed massive atrocities,, and caused deaths in the millions.

Lelouch is an improvement.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 23:22   Link #3325
scifijimmy

Quote:
Quote:
It's been a while since 1984. I don't remember that too clearly. With Dune I assume you mean the God Emperor, and there I can certainly see the resemblance.
Either that Sequel or the one before it, Children of Dune, show prime examples of preparing the way for a better world but not being there to enjoy it.

Though this becomes kind of dumbed down again in the recent "DUNE 7" finale books in which I understand Paul get ressurrected as a ghola.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 23:36   Link #3326
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifijimmy View Post
Though this becomes kind of dumbed down again in the recent "DUNE 7" finale books in which I understand Paul get ressurrected as a ghola.
He actually planned that, too, if I'm not mistaken. In fact the better world was itself merely a preparation for a conflict yet to come that would have destroyed a civilization so heavily dependent on a single commodity concentrated to a single planet.

Lelouch's plans aren't so far reaching, though. He's just made peace likely to last a few generations beyond him.
Old 2008-10-11, 23:53   Link #3327
scifijimmy

Quote:
He actually planned that, too, if I'm not mistaken. In fact the better world was itself merely a preparation for a conflict yet to come that would have destroyed a civilization so heavily dependent on a single commodity concentrated to a single planet.
As i said I've only read up the "Legends of Dune" trilogy, so I know that the thinking machines are out there during much of the story up to the conclusion, but my parents have read and discussed it in my presence. Thus my actual knowledge is limited.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 23:57   Link #3328
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifijimmy View Post
As i said I've only read up the "Legends of Dune" trilogy, so I know that the thinking machines are out there during much of the story up to the conclusion, but my parents have read and discussed it in my presence. Thus my actual knowledge is limited.
Same here. Going off summaries for the books.

Back on topic, somewhat, Dune does make an interesting parallel for the end, at least when Leto II comes around. Arguably he was a lot more persistent, though.
Old 2008-10-12, 00:07   Link #3329
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Lelouch's plans aren't so far reaching, though. He's just made peace likely to last a few generations beyond him.
Honestly, I doubt that. As much nice a thought as it would be, Lelouch's work will only last while those carrying his dreams are alive. That basically entails all of four people: Suzaku, Nunally, Kallen, and C.C.. With C.C. being immortal there is a plus, but she alone can't do anything.
On the other hand, Dune's plot was a bit more far reaching and elaborate. It is similar but Lelouch's is rather short sighted relativistically speaking.
Old 2008-10-12, 00:13   Link #3330
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Honestly, I doubt that. As much nice a thought as it would be, Lelouch's work will only last while those carrying his dreams are alive. That basically entails all of four people: Suzaku, Nunally, Kallen, and C.C.. With C.C. being immortal there is a plus, but she alone can't do anything.
On the other hand, Dune's plot was a bit more far reaching and elaborate. It is similar but Lelouch's is rather short sighted relativistically speaking.
I think the overall peace will last for a few generations but degenerate bit by bit each generation until a new war breaks out.

Who knows though. Depends on what you think of humans in general.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 00:19   Link #3331
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
I think the overall peace will last for a few generations but degenerate bit by bit each generation until a new war breaks out.

Who knows though. Depends on what you think of humans in general.
I won't deny being a bit of a cynic. But it is a peace built on mutual hate. While its nice in theory, it's not the greatest of plans in application. People will not be held together by hatred for someone who is dead for that long. Zero/Suzaku are a nice counter measure, to keep people reminded of everything, but that will only really last as long as Suzaku is alive and healthy. C.C. and Kallen will also likely do their best to maintain Lelouch's dream, but what can they really do aside from forming a contract and having a girl's night on the world.

That'd be a nice sequel now that I think about it, Kallen and C.C. form a contract to keep Lelouch's world intact. Then we can continue the love triangle with the ghost/voice of Lelouch. Win.
Old 2008-10-12, 00:23   Link #3332
Charred Knight

Quote:
I won't deny being a bit of a cynic. But it is a peace built on mutual hate. While its nice in theory, it's not the greatest of plans in application. People will not be held together by hatred for someone who is dead for that long. Zero/Suzaku are a nice counter measure, to keep people reminded of everything, but that will only really last as long as Suzaku is alive and healthy. C.C. and Kallen will also likely do their best to maintain Lelouch's dream, but what can they really do aside from forming a contract and having a girl's night on the world.

That'd be a nice sequel now that I think about it, Kallen and C.C. form a contract to keep Lelouch's world intact.
I would give it a few years at most. Hitler killed millions and right after he was defeated the Cold War began.

The heavy duty work is going to have to be done by Suzaku, Nunnaly, and Ougi. Lelouch just gave them a chance, now their going to have to finish it.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 04:00   Link #3333
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I would give it a few years at most. Hitler killed millions and right after he was defeated the Cold War began.

The heavy duty work is going to have to be done by Suzaku, Nunnaly, and Ougi. Lelouch just gave them a chance, now their going to have to finish it.
Well, not technically a "war." More like a long period of tension and hostility. At any rate, though, people have always been fighting somewhere in the world. We just can't get enough of it.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 07:53   Link #3334
toru310

Sorry, I don't want to make a new thread since my question is simple..so here goes does anyone know where I can get hold of "Geass Contact Lens" there so damn cool!!!...Again sorry I don't know where to post this kind of things
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 08:42   Link #3335
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

It still makes me sad inside that none of Lelouches allies save for Karen realized that he sacrificed his life for the happiness that they are now experiencing... *sob
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 08:55   Link #3336
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It still makes me sad inside that none of Lelouches allies save for Karen realized that he sacrificed his life for the happiness that they are now experiencing... *sob
You give Kallen too much credit, and the others too little credit. For example: what is there to stop Nina from telling Milly and Rivalz about it? And there is atleast some implications that other people figured it out.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 09:15   Link #3337
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
While it's true that Kallen first realized what was about to happen, I'm pretty sure by others reactions as/after the fact, at least Ougi, Tohdoh and Kaguya figured it out (probably Cornelia, too).
Old 2008-10-12, 09:44   Link #3338
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
While it's true that Kallen first realized what was about to happen, I'm pretty sure by others reactions as/after the fact, at least Ougi, Tohdoh and Kaguya figured it out (probably Cornelia, too).
I think Ougi, Tohdoh and crew still think Ill of Lelouche especially Ougi, I ended up hating him. I haven't seen any indication that everyone else figured it out. It was too bad that Karen figured it out when it was already too late.

I just find it tragic when a noble sacrifice is made and everyone is ignorant about it... but I suppose that was Lelouchs plan afterall.
Old 2008-10-12, 10:03   Link #3339
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
I haven't seen any indication that everyone else figured it out.
Well:

- The talk between C.C. and Kaguya.
- Todou's line when Zero stabs Lelouch.
- Their general reactions, some of them look pretty sad.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 10:05   Link #3340
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
Well:

- The talk between C.C. and Kaguya.
- Todou's line when Zero stabs Lelouch.
- Their general reactions, some of them look pretty sad.
They seemed more confused than sad. I'll have to rewatch it again, but Kaguya still appeared as jaded as everyone else.