AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-22, 16:52   Link #1
blahblahmaster

Does Naruto underestimate his own fate?

Naruto seems to believe that he is changing his own fate by doing the things he is doing, but is he really?

I mean, he was born with Kyuubi sealed in him, thus giving him an incredible untapped source of chakra. Not everyone is just born like that, so obviously he must be destined for something, whether it be Fourth Hokage or whatever. Unless he decides to become a normal person with no special qualities about himself, I don't think he's changing his fate at all.
blahblahmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 17:17   Link #2
Satoru

Well, actually he does change his fate. It's not an illusion.
His dream is to become Hokage and make everyone acknowledge him.
The kyuubi is the reason for this dream. (Everyone hates the foxkid)
Therefore, he can change his fate of the foxmonster and use an evil power to protect the village.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 18:25   Link #3
Etheralking

Fate is nothing. Fate, if we are to call something fate, would be what you are doing the second you are doing it. Nothing ever can have a predetermined fate, unless it is a thing of no will. If one believed in fate, one could just lie down and rot, but one would still be the US president, because it is ones fate. Naruto knows this, so therefor does he not use the ninetails in him as a cause for wanting to be hokage. He knows it's a lot of work, and that he might not actually become one.

That's my interpretation of it at least.
Etheralking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 18:29   Link #4
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
yeah I agree with satoru. @ first I didn't get your question, I was like, Naruto changing his fate by being a normal person? wtf? O_o;; Then after reading satoru's reply, I finally got your question. To add more to satoru's reply, keep in mind that Naruot doesn;t know that becoming hokage is his "fate" or whatever u call it. If he was born and ppl tells him that his fate is to become hokage and he sticks to that, I guess he wouldn't be changing fate. With people telling him that he's a loser and is not worthy of the hokage name, then he is changing his fate by proving them wrong. makes sense?
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 19:08   Link #5
wb_hicks

well one thing seems fated is that he seems to be both the prison and prison guard of kyubi. thats the fate the 4th gave to him, but ya i would say naruto is not only changing his fate but of those around him.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 20:47   Link #6
Arti

Overanalyzing.
Arti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 23:23   Link #7
Zetrio
The Knight!

I think naruto's fate is more than just being a hokage. He will become a ninja who owns all.
Zetrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 23:43   Link #8
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
I don't think 'fate' is an appropriate term here, from you people's posts, 'fate' seems more like 'evil-preconception' (From Naruto's POV), thus Naruto is trying to prove everybody who hates him wrong, it's like revenge if you want to put it that way.

Regarding 'underestimating his own fate', (I'm interpreting 'fate' here as 'destiny') well, yeah I guess he is underestimating his own fate in the sense that he isn't fully aware of his potential.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 00:30   Link #9
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Naruto's fate, or as Inuzuka put it: destiny, is not to be Hokage. That's his ambition, dream, goal etc...

Naruto's is destined for a bleak future because of what the Yondaime was forced to do to him. I guess you can say that by the time Naruto was born, he was destined for three fates; the second and third totally dependant on the first. First, he was fated to become the container of the Kyuubi, whether by chance or luck, we really dont know. The reasons why isnt really important anyways, just the results.

The Yondaime thought that the people would accept Naruto as a hero because of his sacrifice, but instead, they ended up hating him; projecting their hate and misery on the only thing linked to the cause of their suffering. That's the second fate he was given. But, from the events of Chuunin exam and later, we can infer that the people's opinion on Naruto is slowly changing, thanks in large part to Naruto's attitude towards his life, from one of hate to respect.

Ok, now on to his third fate. Naruto was given a few gifts in exchange for being the container for the demon. One of which is an almost unlimited supply of chakra when needed. Because of this power, he's a rich commodity for those who desire absolute power. And we know from reading the manga, that when people desire power they'll do almost anything to get their hands on it, from kidnapping to murder.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 04:13   Link #10
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

+extreme healing abilities
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 04:27   Link #11
PsiNide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arti
Overanalyzing.
Agreed.

(what do you mean my post is too short, stupid PHP)
PsiNide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 06:57   Link #12
The Great Yuri
Dis-Member

Chill out kids.

It is a 'cartoon'

:P
The Great Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 09:08   Link #13
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Does Naruto underestimate his own fate?

Hmmm well, and these are his words. "Don't worry; I can't die until I become Hokage!"

Or something along those lines.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 14:22   Link #14
Cotaa

socomberetta explained it all.
Cotaa is offline   Reply With Quote