AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 41 18.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 13.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 11.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 10.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 10.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 29 13.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 12 5.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 2.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 12.11%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-24, 11:46   Link #181
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Oh yea, found this again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEkoLXXoxo

For the tea party (ending)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-12-24, 12:07   Link #182
iKuji

^ This Fanmade animation >>>> DEEN.

This last episode was decent. The animation was great, Beatrice coughed too much blood though.
Oh, I just noticed that Bern had a tail !! MOE~

The whole Umineko first season was rather good, it would have been perfect if they hadn't cut so many things from the VN. I really hope DEEN, or at least Kon Chiaki won't make the second season...
Old 2009-12-24, 12:09   Link #183
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Oh yea, found this again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEkoLXXoxo

For the tea party (ending)
I've loved this since It came out, but DEEN can't compare (and didn't) but at least both used "Thanks for being born", which is one of my favorite BGMs.
And I hope they do Chiru, mainly because I prolly won't get the VNs (I might get EP 5) seeing that I have no money and Mom and Dad seem to think It's stupid and won't get it.

After watching the subs, I understand this episode more.
The Ange scene made me sad..
Old 2009-12-24, 12:15   Link #184
iKuji

If you don't have money (like me), you can at worst buy the EP8. If you have enough patience, that is. You can't miss this epic VN =(
Old 2009-12-24, 12:54   Link #185
blitz1/2

oh yea, forgot to mention this. The video that I posted was actually part 3 of the drama project.

Part 1 and 2 are on a drama cd/project. I am not sure if anyone posted it on youtube though. But I can try to add the audio to the one in the game (if I have time)

Old 2009-12-24, 12:59   Link #186
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I remember seeing those 2 parts on Nicovideo. The only problem I had there was Beato's voice was too high pitched. Battler's was very close to Ono's.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Old 2009-12-24, 13:04   Link #187
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I remember seeing those 2 parts on Nicovideo. The only problem I had there was Beato's voice was too high pitched. Battler's was very close to Ono's.
Really? I thought the voices for the drama project was perfect. And they portrayed more accurate emotions compared to the anime.

But I definitely preferred Ange's and Battler's voices over Rina Satou and Daisuke Ono (his voice is irritable)

One of the prime flaws of the episode is that the emotions fluctuate like a roller coaster.

Like Ange was calm and composed while explaining that Battler has the right to be Beato's opponent, then we have a mood swing when she comforted Battler/restored his fighting spirit.

Old 2009-12-24, 14:50   Link #188
Leinne
Who... am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
oh yea, forgot to mention this. The video that I posted was actually part 3 of the drama project.

Part 1 and 2 are on a drama cd/project. I am not sure if anyone posted it on youtube though. But I can try to add the audio to the one in the game (if I have time)
do you have the links? I suck at looking for things in nico
Old 2009-12-24, 14:55   Link #189
suiryoku
Urusai! (うるさい
*Graphic Designer

edit: Wait I'm puzzled... This can't be the end?
Spoiler for review ep 26:
Old 2009-12-24, 15:02   Link #190
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
This is the end for Umineko No Naku Koro Ni, and its continued in Umineko No Naku Koro Ni Chiru, but whether or not that will get an anime adaption is still questionable. So yes, in a certain sense, it is the end, but only to half of the series.
Old 2009-12-24, 15:17   Link #191
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiryoku View Post
I'm also going to go out on a limb and say Beatrice is Battler's real mom
...Considering I ship those too like hell, I don't think that's possible...mainly because I really don't want it to be..
Old 2009-12-24, 15:20   Link #192
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Considering how many Beatrice's there are, one could be his mom, one could be his lover, and maybe another could be his child! Oh, counting Eva-Beatrice, Beatrice is also his aunt.
Old 2009-12-24, 15:44   Link #193
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
...Considering I ship those too like hell, I don't think that's possible...mainly because I really don't want it to be..
I think half the fanbase would trash their copies of Umineko if that happened lol
Old 2009-12-24, 16:50   Link #194
maximilianjenus
[E]

and a beatrice is his sister. now I think that beatrice = shanon.

What happened there is that battler did beat beatrice, but as we learned in the ???? it is because beatrice pretty much gave up on the game and all of batler's theories were wrong.
Old 2009-12-24, 17:23   Link #195
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet

Send a message via AIM to Kite22
It would be rather difficult for her to be his mother since his "sin" has nothing to do with Beatrice and who his real (probably) mother should be kinda obvious, at least it was in the VN after some thought, Anime cut out nearly everyones back story though so I imagine it difficult to figure it out in the anime.
Old 2009-12-24, 17:35   Link #196
maximilianjenus
[E]

Actually it's easier in the anime since ryukishi messed up a word in the novel.
Old 2009-12-24, 18:30   Link #197
michirusan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Actually it's easier in the anime since ryukishi messed up a word in the novel.
Which one? he messed up a number of times.
My two big bitches are that we never got the declaration of stalemate from Battler.
And then the messed up Battler's english call sign.
Spoiler for non-spoiler:
Old 2009-12-24, 18:44   Link #198
imaginari
Purupurupiko-Man

Location: My beloved hometown, the mackerel river running through it
Ugh. So... the season wasn't "solvable" - I doubt that it could have been with all that stuff cut out - making all of the screen time spent on mystery arguments useless - and with the mood and pacing shot and what's left not enough to carry it as a show, what was the point of adapting the thing to begin with? I feel massively trolled.

Also, given the amount of suspicious Kanon material cut from the episode, which was almost as big as Kinzo in the original, I'm wondering if his real name is that of the screenwriter.
Old 2009-12-24, 18:52   Link #199
Luxa

Just watched the episode after Christmas for a change.
Reading this thread I've realised that I've come for the mystery, not for the characterization. Perhaps that's why I couldn't relate to the characters that much. Let's see some thoughts on the episode:
- Golden land scene was mercifully short, I still can't stand Maria and her stuffed toy.
- I suppose Ange's disappearance meant to be something hugely emotional. I must have missed the part when Bernkastel tells Ange she's not supposed to reveal herself (I thought she had done that before to Battler with something only they would know...), and this entire falling apart scene was just artificial.
- Beatrice vs. Battler fight reminded me the time when I actually liked he series. Sadly Beatrice didn't even try to fight. Why is she suicidal now? Isn't it a bit out of character for her? Am I supposed to detect some hints that the witch who wanted to win the games so much just gives up now for no reason in particular. Oh, one final riddle, and it ends.
- Okay, not so much, there are still some time. Teaparty time. Ok, I get it, Beatrice can't win and so what? They have spent the last minutes on stating this? At least some characterization for the witches at the end, please?
What is this Bernkastel is evil thing you are talking about btw? Was there something else in the novel here? I get that she don't really care about Battle, but this was evident before.
- The End. 5/10 for the episode, pros are nice animation, and a kind of acceptable Battler vs. Beatrice scene. (Hmm, I should have given 4/10...)

As an anime-only viewer I also have to add that this episode really sucked as an ending. I couldn't have any problems adaptation-wise, but if one is making a series, one should at least give some closure feeling, some climax, something special. This simply just stopped. I am going to elaborate on this in the overall impression thread, but I feel this anime has been going down since the beginning of the fourth arc. A shame, I really liked it until then.
Old 2009-12-24, 19:00   Link #200
Ronove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxa View Post
Just watched the episode after Christmas for a change.
Reading this thread I've realised that I've come for the mystery, not for the characterization. Perhaps that's why I couldn't relate to the characters that much. Let's see some thoughts on the episode:
- Golden land scene was mercifully short, I still can't stand Maria and her stuffed toy.
- I suppose Ange's disappearance meant to be something hugely emotional. I must have missed the part when Bernkastel tells Ange she's not supposed to reveal herself (I thought she had done that before to Battler with something only they would know...), and this entire falling apart scene was just artificial.
- Beatrice vs. Battler fight reminded me the time when I actually liked he series. Sadly Beatrice didn't even try to fight. Why is she suicidal now? Isn't it a bit out of character for her? Am I supposed to detect some hints that the witch who wanted to win the games so much just gives up now for no reason in particular. Oh, one final riddle, and it ends.
- Okay, not so much, there are still some time. Teaparty time. Ok, I get it, Beatrice can't win and so what? They have spent the last minutes on stating this? At least some characterization for the witches at the end, please?
What is this Bernkastel is evil thing you are talking about btw? Was there something else in the novel here? I get that she don't really care about Battle, but this was evident before.
- The End. 5/10 for the episode, pros are nice animation, and a kind of acceptable Battler vs. Beatrice scene. (Hmm, I should have given 4/10...)

As an anime-only viewer I also have to add that this episode really sucked as an ending. I couldn't have any problems adaptation-wise, but if one is making a series, one should at least give some closure feeling, some climax, something special. This simply just stopped. I am going to elaborate on this in the overall impression thread, but I feel this anime has been going down since the beginning of the fourth arc. A shame, I really liked it until then.
There's really no closure, because the game is still continuing and the mystery isn't solved! It's really hard to give a closure, unless you like Battler's final words.

The Tea-Party also made me suspicious about Bern's and Lambda's powers:

"Beatrice will CERTAINTLY not win; and a MIRACLE will CERTAINTLY not occur".

Probability of winning = 0?

Anywho; with the continuation of the VN, it adds up to the story etc. etc. The mystery is the key reason why the story is even there; without a Detective, there is no mystery.
Closed Thread