AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-03, 01:55   Link #421
GundamZZ
残念美人

OK. New speculation time. This rumored "new contract" looks lame compared to what Weekly Jump had done in the past decades. They dictate their mangaka's story and career. Weekly Jump even use whiteout to erase "end". So, the mangaka had to continue the series. It's no surprised that Jump SQ will do something like this. However, I don't believe it's the case here.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 10:16   Link #422
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yagi closed off the big story with the island and the Organization but left things with Clare open. So let us all pray. All we really needed was another volume or two to finish things.
Old 2012-05-03, 10:26   Link #423
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Maybe a squeal with only focus on Clare (200 years later)?
Old 2012-05-03, 13:22   Link #424
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
But Claymore's mature but don't age, so they'd be around 200 years later too... so even if Dae steals the blob away and we have dozens of chapters without any cast members except Clare, eventually the rest of the cast will show up trying to save Clare and stop Priscilla/Dae since that is just what they do.

Well, I suppose Raki's harem and Miata will have undoubtedly grown up by 200 years later too, so they'll still be there too... but in hot adult forms. If your theory is true then all the humans and Raki would have died from old age... unless Raki's temporary infection kept him alive somehow. I can hear it now "he's a human, but not a Claymore either... but can fight like one (mostly) and doesn't age like either but he can't be a Claymore or else then he'd awaken since he's male (even though he should have been turned into a hellcat but resisted it longer than Miss Partially Awakened Deneve could when it infected her arm, that is until Priscilla finished blabing and give him her arm to resist being turned into one... however this does imply Raki could resist awakening even though he's a male... can anyone say plot shield) So that is why Raki is still around... and he loves Clare... and lolis"

Miria will still be around though sadly there is no escaping Dr Deneve but at least this time now Miria will be around to so Deneve isn't explaining everything that everyone else is thinking and figure out powers and such too, now she'll only read other warriors emotions and Miria will reveal all the plot twists/new powers unless Miria is busy fighting in which case Deneve will explain what Miria has already figured out in her fight. Did I leave out anything with that?
Old 2012-05-03, 19:20   Link #425
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Someone needs to clear up the reason of why Yagi suddently finished this...
But I agree, I'm also hoping for another manga that followup the history. Though, I've never seen this done before.
Old 2012-05-03, 19:31   Link #426
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Someone needs to clear up the reason of why Yagi suddently finished this...
But I agree, I'm also hoping for another manga that followup the history. Though, I've never seen this done before.
Dragon Ball to Dragon Ball Z for instance or Naruto to Naruto Shippuden (anime only name change though, though the spin of the volumes did go from white to black for the manga at the same part pretty much)
Old 2012-05-03, 19:56   Link #427
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Dragon Ball to Dragon Ball Z for instance or Naruto to Naruto Shippuden (anime only name change though, though the spin of the volumes did go from white to black for the manga at the same part pretty much)
No. Those are animes. Both manga series continued under the same name.
Old 2012-05-03, 20:01   Link #428
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Examples of manga sequels that continued under different titles:

Rosario to Vampire went to Rosario to Vampire II

GANTZ went to GANTZ Catastrophe
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 20:04   Link #429
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

thanks for wasting 7 years of my life Yagi.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 20:06   Link #430
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Examples of manga sequels that continued under different titles:

Rosario to Vampire went to Rosario to Vampire II
That changed because the series went to a different magazine. It didn't end abruptly like this.

Quote:
GANTZ went to GANTZ Catastrophe
Don't read that, so I dont' know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Damn, I haven't been following this for THAT long, lol. I know how you feel though. I am sad.
Old 2012-05-03, 20:16   Link #431
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I kinda want this manga to end. (Been dead to me since Riful's death)
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 20:31   Link #432
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Damn, I haven't been following this for THAT long, lol. I know how you feel though. I am sad.
my friend and i joked when we entered high school that at the rate of one chapter per month, Claymore wouldn't be over until we graduated college. Now i'm almost done with my first year of grad school. the prediction was true

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2012-05-03, 20:39   Link #433
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
why blame yagi? this chapter basically only ends the arc. if the whole series end because of ridiculous contract demands by publisher, i would blame the publisher.
Old 2012-05-03, 21:00   Link #434
deathcoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
That be sad man. Raki is one of the main reasons i read this manga, no homo. He is the only human character that is part of the core story, sort of balances out monster heavy cast, if you know what i mean.

The 7 years time skip, i had a lot of expectations from Raki. It was a bit disappointing he didnt have much screentime, couldnt display all his badass-ness.

I just hope sequel has him as main lead, since Claire is incapacitated...
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 21:00   Link #435
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

or i could blame Yagi for ridiculously screwing up the series after the time skip. "lets put the whole core story to the side. and while we're at it, why not ridiculously skew the power level."

Old 2012-05-03, 21:28   Link #436
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
No. Those are animes. Both manga series continued under the same name.
Oh, so the manga got a name change, at least here in the US, after the anime... but was originally called just Dragon Ball all the way through (reminds me of the first time I saw the book Rocket Boys being sold as October Sky after the movie ). Learn something new every day.

----------

Anyways saw this on tumbler and decided to post it just cause

However based on ch 126 i thought is was described more like this

Discuss...

-------

EDIT

Bad news (well maybe bad news, too soon to tell yet)... http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...quare-magazine

Fuck... anyways... moving on before I go nuts. Maybe hopefully he's just changing publishers or something since his editor upset his stomach
Old 2012-05-03, 23:42   Link #437
Gooral
Banned

There's nothing new in this ANN news (at least to those who followed what was going on). In fact it's encouraging that they state there's still no official statement from Yagi. My guess is, he's negotiating a better contract once the old one expired (BTW, it's very close to those 25 volumes Yagi said he was planning on doing), i.e. you give me more freedom of what I write and more percentage of the profits and I'll stay.

I also suspect that Yagi was prolonging the Hysteria fight for so long only to fill volumes and reach this point. He planned this long ago and didn't want to start Clare thread since that would require many more chapters.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 02:36   Link #438
Blaat

Quote:
Damn I thought I had it bad but I'm only at five years.
Old 2012-05-04, 03:32   Link #439
potchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
There's nothing new in this ANN news (at least to those who followed what was going on). In fact it's encouraging that they state there's still no official statement from Yagi. My guess is, he's negotiating a better contract once the old one expired (BTW, it's very close to those 25 volumes Yagi said he was planning on doing), i.e. you give me more freedom of what I write and more percentage of the profits and I'll stay.

I also suspect that Yagi was prolonging the Hysteria fight for so long only to fill volumes and reach this point. He planned this long ago and didn't want to start Clare thread since that would require many more chapters.
If that's the case he sure isn't making his case easier. To be honest after the time skip the series has been shit (and despite theories, is there any evidence it's due to directions from the magazine?), no sugar coating it. And instead of riding on the anime for popularity, I can expect a dropping fan base. Hardly foundation to open new negotiations.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 05:11   Link #440
DemonOfWrath

Quote:
or i could blame Yagi for ridiculously screwing up the series after the time skip. "lets put the whole core story to the side. and while we're at it, why not ridiculously skew the power level."
I'm not sure the increase in power level is as bad as you're making it out to be. Provided we exclude Priscilla of course (I think everyone agrees she's absurd and I hated it as well, thank god she got blobbified), I don't see how it's gotten rediculous, it seems rather consistent to me.

The current gen of warriors are at around the same level as the previous gen roughly, a bit worse imo but it's debateable: Claire/Miria/Galatea/Ophelia/Flora/Jean (pre-skip for the first three of course, and I'm not counting Rafaela) seem to be stronger than Dietrich/Anastasia/Rachel/Nina/Audrey. The only wild card is Miata really, physically she's been stated to be number 1 potential and none of the previous gen had that, and she was even with post-skip Galatea.

The Abyssal ones, well, we never saw them fighting pre-skip, and we all knew they had to be seriously strong (strong enough that the organisation didn't want to risk fighting them, even with say Teresa's generation), and the results of the few off-panel fights they had always left the battlefield wrecked. I don't see a huge problem with the Cassandra/Roxanne/Hysteria awakened compared to Isley/Riful/Luciela.

Those three not awakened doesn't seem too bad either. They're number ones, of course they were going to shred the current gen (if Teresa can demolish Irene/Priscilla/Noel/Sophia it'd be seriously off if Cassandra couldn't do the same to Audrey/Rachel/Nina). The only possible problem I'd see is Hysteria outclassing Miria so badly, but personally I think that was just a really bad matchup as their techniques were so similar that whoever's was worse was at a huge disadvantage. I'd have loved to have seen Miria against one of the other two.

Ok, finally the ghosts. They had 7 years of stat-grinding as a team (important, having 7 of them would've meant it'd be more efficient than being alone). I don't think most claymores live anywhere near that long, of course they were going to be really strong. I don't think there's much I can say about this, Miria (and I presume Claire) ended up around number one level post-skip with the others at high single-digits, and anything less would have been too weak considering what they would've had to potentially fight, even if they ignored Isley/Riful they still had to consider Alicia/Beth.

I think everyone needs to sit back and calm down over the ending. It's so rediculously open ended, and we've been left with only one vague sentence from Yagi. It's probably best to wait a month or two for news on what's going on before we all get in a rage and go all doom and gloom on everything. Personally I think it may just be a publisher change, it certainly wouldn't be anywhere near the first time that's happened to a manga. Besides, it could be worse; any other Negima fans here? That ending was simply catastrophic.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote