AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-24, 07:52   Link #801
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

So, thanks for all the hard work here, at last it's finished...

Will miss the whole bunch specially those Shoko scenes, also Hideyoshi too
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-07-24, 15:39   Link #802
theclassIdiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep_ping View Post
Only news is that it would be this year. If there's still no news by October, you can consider 12.5 dead, I guess.
But even now it's starting to seem more unlikely. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that don't keep your hopes too high, otherwise your brain, heart, and either you left knee (females) or your right knee (males) would explode out of Hopetoohigh sickness.

Last edited by theclassIdiot; 2014-07-24 at 19:06.
theclassIdiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 13:58   Link #803
dEEP_frOst

Quote:
Only news is that it would be this year. If there's still no news by October, you can consider 12.5 dead, I guess.
We can only hope for the best.

By the way thank you for the translation of Vol. 12.
dEEP_frOst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 15:49   Link #804
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclassIdiot View Post
Actually, the second one you mentioned was just a test made by the principle, and because of that the future characters were not actually their future selves.
I'm more suspecting the summoning system is based on Magic and fully expect to find out the Principal is really a demon summoned by Ironman.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 12:31   Link #805
theclassIdiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
I'm more suspecting the summoning system is based on Magic and fully expect to find out the Principal is really a demon summoned by Ironman.
Shouldn't it be the other way around? Ironman is a demon summoned by the principle?
Old 2014-08-11, 12:53   Link #806
Ad1411

Hey guys
I'm new to anime in general so i don't know how it works precisely, my guess is that Baka to Test was first a light novel, then a manga and then an anime.

So what i wanted to ask is: the chance for a 3rd anime season is 0%, right?
And how likely is that to get volume 12.5? And 13?

Ty ^^
Ad1411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-13, 10:42   Link #807
khoa258789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad1411 View Post
Hey guys
I'm new to anime in general so i don't know how it works precisely, my guess is that Baka to Test was first a light novel, then a manga and then an anime.

So what i wanted to ask is: the chance for a 3rd anime season is 0%, right?
And how likely is that to get volume 12.5? And 13?

Ty ^^
yes, Baka to test was original a light novel series and then it got popular and also got a manga and anime adaption.
probably 0% consider how low the sales was
there's a chance though small that there would be vol 12.5 though consider it's dead if there's no news about it by October
Old 2014-08-14, 00:40   Link #808
theclassIdiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa258789 View Post
yes, Baka to test was original a light novel series and then it got popular and also got a manga and anime adaption.
there's a chance though small that there would be vol 12.5 though consider it's dead if there's no news about it by October
Wait a minute, isn't there some news on Animenewsnetwork.com? Just look up Greg Ayres (Kouta) on there. Season three isn't dead.

Anyhow, yes, the novels did come first, followed up by the manga, and then the anime. The manga is made to be basically like the novels, but a bit different. The anime is way different. If no news is made by October, the dream is dead, and we must move on.
Old 2014-08-14, 07:58   Link #809
Ad1411

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa258789 View Post
Quote:
Wait a minute, isn't there some news on Animenewsnetwork.com? Just look up Greg Ayres (Kouta) on there. Season three isn't dead.

Anyhow, yes, the novels did come first, followed up by the manga, and then the anime. The manga is made to be basically like the novels, but a bit different. The anime is way different. If no news is made by October, the dream is dead, and we must move on.
Season 3 isn't dead?? :O I would be so happy if that happened
But how likely is that?

So if we don't have any news by october, we can consider the manga AND the anime both dead?
Old 2014-08-14, 21:07   Link #810
theclassIdiot

Quote:
Season 3 isn't dead?? :O I would be so happy if that happened
But how likely is that?

So if we don't have any news by october, we can consider the manga AND the anime both dead?
I'm not all too certain on its possibility, but it's possible. Anyhow, the manga will continue regardless I'm sure of, and if we hear nothing by October, then the novel dream is dead.
Old 2014-08-19, 07:57   Link #811
Ad1411

Quote:
I'm not all too certain on its possibility, but it's possible. Anyhow, the manga will continue regardless I'm sure of, and if we hear nothing by October, then the novel dream is dead.

But anyway, the story won't go over the ending in Volume 12, right? :c
Old 2014-08-20, 23:15   Link #812
theclassIdiot

Quote:
But anyway, the story won't go over the ending in Volume 12, right? :c
It's hard to say. The author could do so much more with the story, and even has plans for a volume 12.5.

Last edited by theclassIdiot; 2014-08-24 at 22:49.
Old 2014-10-23, 23:05   Link #813
Murakami Kai
Jesus Of Cringe

Quote:
Still not official yet, though given the interactions, it's most likely to be Mizuki (I mean, check out the last chapter of 10.5...).

And also, Yuuji suffered quite a lot in 10.5 too. I mean, just look at the dogcollar...

Anyway, since there're people asking me for spoilers now...

Spoiler for I don't always give spoilers, but when I do, there's a lot of stuff.:
Why, in the name of all the fucklords of space, does Miharu have to be such a raging godforsaken piece of Lesbian trash? She's hypocritical and far more disrespectful of Minami than Akihisa. She's completely a typical Tumblr depiction of a raging feminazi. She's as useless as a pile of rocks trying to save the world from Frieza, who intends to steal all of the worlds cheese. You see how useless everything in that situation is? Miharu is even more useless. She has no place in any story if all she exists for is to be treated as an antagonist designed to appease raging man haters and get away with the most heinous of man-hate crimes. She's actually be better off as a character just being some slut after Akihisas dick. Least then she won't be punching people. Cause violence on girls is apparently a sin and violence on men is a virtue in almost any place. Least when it's on men done by women. Kill this fucking loser piece of Lesbo eye candy. She's not needed here. Akihisa already has enough trouble from the Yanderes that make up his harem, and the garbage cult of waifu fanatics that practically run his fucked up life into the ground even more.
Old 2014-10-23, 23:43   Link #814
Pablete
Banned

I know right.

She-who-shall-not-be-named is good as dead.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 21:22   Link #815
ProgressionOverflow

I read again the LN of the Baka to Test and now I'm starting to confused on some things:

1. [From Volume 1 and Volume 3.5] Akihisa's classmates in 1st year were revealed to be Yuuji, Hideyoshi, Kouta, Minami, Miharu (being Minami's best friend prior to the start of the series) and Aiko, being members of Class 1-D.
a. However, I wondered if Mizuki is on the same class as Class 1-D. If not, how does Mizuki make it to his class during the Final Examinations?
b. Moreover, isn't it better for Mizuki to have a best friend before Minami, just like Minami and Miharu, and Yuuko and Miki? Besides, if she is on the same class as Akihisa, their relationship should have been solved as early as in their 1st year. I wonder.

2. [From Volume 6.5] The volume itself contains 1/4 Yuuko-centric story (with some bits of AkihisaXYuuko), 1/4 seaside, 1/4 festival, and 1/4 YuujiXShouko's backstory. At some point, Volume 6.5 actually follows the Test of Courage story/Volume 6, as well as that Yuuko-centric story happens a week before that '1/4 seaside and 1/4 festival'. Then, isn't it better that Yuuko should make an appearance on those two chapters? I know if that happens, I will be aware that the Volume 6.5 will become 3/4 generally about Akihisa and Yuuko's friendly (not merely romantic) relationship and 1/4 YuujiXShouko's backstory, and the other volumes that followed 6.5 might possibly go on a different outcome/conclusion. But then, it should have gone that way than the original, I thought.

3. TVTropes page on Hideyoshi Kinoshita tells that 'he is known Akihisa Yoshii since first grade, and has been with him since then in every class.
a. What is the volume where this fact was shown/revealed?
b. If this is true, then, shouldn't be better if Akihisa and Yuuko are childhood friends too, even if it is just implied?
c. Do you think prior to Yuuji, Akihisa's best friend should be Hideyoshi, perhaps?

So that's all for now. I will have to give other questions in case I will be confused with some other things again regarding the Baka to Test series. Thanks.
ProgressionOverflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 21:44   Link #816
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

1. Miharu only became a fanatic about Minami after Minami insulted a guy in her backstory (volume 7.5). Think of the relationship as Mikoto and Kuroko from Railgun (with less care from Minami's side)

a. Mizuki was in class 1-C. The exams were just a combined group, i.e. a random assortment of classes (as far as I can tell)

b. As far as we know, Mizuki has no best friend, unfortunately. Furthermore, she is not in the same class as the rest of the gang.

2. The season 2 anime adaptation does take liberties with the order. Don't think too much about it. (My thinking is that volume 6 feels more like an ending compared to the other volumes)

1-2. Volume 6.5
3. 6.5, 3.5
4. 7.5 (Two chapters)
5-7. 3
8. 7.5 (Minami's story)
9-10. 4
11. 6.5 (ShouYu)
12-13. 6

3. The entry on TvTropes is a mistake. Hideyoshi only met Akihisa for the first time during High School. Check the last chapter of 9.5.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 23:20   Link #817
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Many times first year high school students refer to it as first grade in Japanese so it isn't 9th or 10th grade it's first grade high school or first grade middle school. Only primary school goes from 1-6 then from 1-3 middle and 1-3 high school. So Hideyoshi has known Akihisa since first grade high school.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 04:55   Link #818
ProgressionOverflow

Quote:
1. Miharu only became a fanatic about Minami after Minami insulted a guy in her backstory (volume 7.5). Think of the relationship as Mikoto and Kuroko from Railgun (with less care from Minami's side)

a. Mizuki was in class 1-C. The exams were just a combined group, i.e. a random assortment of classes (as far as I can tell)

b. As far as we know, Mizuki has no best friend, unfortunately. Furthermore, she is not in the same class as the rest of the gang.

2. The season 2 anime adaptation does take liberties with the order. Don't think too much about it. (My thinking is that volume 6 feels more like an ending compared to the other volumes)

1-2. Volume 6.5
3. 6.5, 3.5
4. 7.5 (Two chapters)
5-7. 3
8. 7.5 (Minami's story)
9-10. 4
11. 6.5 (ShouYu)
12-13. 6

3. The entry on TvTropes is a mistake. Hideyoshi only met Akihisa for the first time during High School. Check the last chapter of 9.5.
Yeah, 1 and 3 are quite understandable but...
I think the number 2 is more of how the anime season 2 has to be considered as the continuation of anime season 1, since the latter ended up in a rematch between class A and class F so they make that kind of order for the former. Otherwise, the anime will get screwed. But, I am trying focusing for the LN this time.

There is one evidence that seaside and festival uproar happens after the switch of classrooms - look at the translation [just realized who you are] of the conversation while they are on their way to the seaside, especially when Minami and Mizuki are jealous on Hideyoshi's gorgeous body in the future. There is another one can be found in the Final Question of the Volume 6 and another one can be implied on the conversation between Takahashi-sensei and the Principal at the beginning of Switch of Classrooms.

So yeah... It appears that it is in indeed in chronological order in LN, while the anime, because of the ending of the season 1, it goes that way for S2, so the fans who have yet to read the LN, will not get confused on what the hell had happened after S1. But then, it has been 3 years, since the last anime episode. I wonder on what are they going to do next. Continuing the anime may result to either on some fans hating Mizuki more or some fans liking Minami, Yuuko or Linne Klein more in the end, or stick to the OTP - Yuuji and Shouko, despite the backstory for Mizuki and Akihisa...

This reminds me of a certain comment elsewhere [I dunno where]... Something like this...

If Yuuji has Shouko ([翔]) (class reps), Muttsulini has Aiko (愛子) (best students in health and P.E.), and Souichi has Youko (洋子) (homeroom advisers), why not Akihisa should have Yuuko (優子) (class ambassadors)...

Actually, I have a new question right now:

Imagine Yuuko made appearances on the following volumes: 3 (where Class A and Class F are studying with each other; Shouko, Aiko and Kubo appeared on that situation, but not Yuuko. She was mentioned but never shown), 5 (let her join in the study group), 7 (where Class 2-A lost to Class 3-A in the baseball tournament; again, Shouko, Aiko and Kubo appeared on that situation, but not Yuuko), and 6.5 (the entire Seaside and Festival Uproar). Will there be any effect on the flow or conclusion of the story if she gets appeared on those volumes? The reason for me to ask this is because I suspect that somehow I felt Yuuko was removed ever since because of Volume 2, when Akihisa and Yuuji were fighting against Yuuko and Shouko in semifinals after Mizuki and Minami in quarterfinals. I am quite aware though that if Yuuko will make appearance in those volumes though, the attention for Mizuki and Minami will be instead go to her. I don't mind about her appearances though. I just give my thoughts about something odd this time.

Last edited by ProgressionOverflow; 2014-11-10 at 09:11.
ProgressionOverflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-15, 01:06   Link #819
theclassIdiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgressionOverflow View Post
This reminds me of a certain comment elsewhere [I dunno where]... Something like this...

If Yuuji has Shouko ([翔]) (class reps), Muttsulini has Aiko (愛子) (best students in health and P.E.), and Souichi has Youko (洋子) (homeroom advisers), why not Akihisa should have Yuuko (優子) (class ambassadors)...

Actually, I have a new question right now:

Imagine Yuuko made appearances on the following volumes: 3 (where Class A and Class F are studying with each other; Shouko, Aiko and Kubo appeared on that situation, but not Yuuko. She was mentioned but never shown), 5 (let her join in the study group), 7 (where Class 2-A lost to Class 3-A in the baseball tournament; again, Shouko, Aiko and Kubo appeared on that situation, but not Yuuko), and 6.5 (the entire Seaside and Festival Uproar). Will there be any effect on the flow or conclusion of the story if she gets appeared on those volumes? The reason for me to ask this is because I suspect that somehow I felt Yuuko was removed ever since because of Volume 2, when Akihisa and Yuuji were fighting against Yuuko and Shouko in semifinals after Mizuki and Minami in quarterfinals. I am quite aware though that if Yuuko will make appearance in those volumes though, the attention for Mizuki and Minami will be instead go to her. I don't mind about her appearances though. I just give my thoughts about something odd this time.
I see where you made these connections, but I don't think they're there just to support AkihisaxYuuko. In other words, there's no pattern to the series with their pairings, nor should there be one. I like the thought behind the thinking, but it's kinda unnecessary. It does make a little sense, but, like I just mention, it serves not as a pattern.

Anyhow, I did think about Yuuko being put in the volumes you mentioned before. Considering that Yuuko wasn't really in the story that much even before volume three, I see one of two things happening: Yuuko being pushed to the side, and Yuuko not being invited in the study group. The same goes for the other volumes, except instead of a study group, she just wouldn't really be there. Like, the reader wouldn't actually acknowledge her presence unless she talks, but she isn't the talkative type if I recall. Then again, I've been watching other anime like Attack on Titan and Log Horizan, two anime that isn't even related to Baka and Test.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be this dick or anything, and I acknowledge you trying to spread your thoughts, but I'm just playing around with the idea a bit, and see what I get. In other words, I'm expressing my thoughts that are based on yours.
Old 2015-01-04, 12:06   Link #820
Ad1411

So we can consider this over?
Is the third season impossible? I guess so

Tags
baka to test, harem, romantic comedy, school life, shoukanjuu, shounen