AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 33 26.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 16.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 8.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.81%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.61%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.42%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 6.45%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-19, 07:08   Link #361
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

I wonder why people don't criticize the glasses-asshole guy. He has already proven that he isn't worth his weight in crap in the previous episodes and he could atleast redeem himself by executing Arisa the moment he found out she was up to something.
Old 2012-02-19, 07:22   Link #362
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
I wonder why people don't criticize the glasses-asshole guy. He has already proven that he isn't worth his weight in crap in the previous episodes and he could atleast redeem himself by executing Arisa the moment he found out she was up to something.
What the point? We already know that he is trash.
Old 2012-02-19, 08:27   Link #363
Aqua Knight

The glasses-guy is badass. He managed to rise from one who bullied Ayase to Shu's discipline force, then screw Arisa and then help with the coup d'etat. And stay alive.

But yeah he's trash
Old 2012-02-19, 08:34   Link #364
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

There's a lot of blame being thrown around at the students, whether it's Shu or the people who betrayed him but personally I'm sympathetic to all of them (well except for the ponytail and glasses dickhead, but they seem more contrived plot devices than actual characters). I just don't think there should be much blame towards people making mistakes in situations they should've never been put under in the first place. Perhaps some measure if responsibility but not blame, hatred and punishment. My hatred is thus entirely reserved for the GHQ. It was the GHQ that killed Hare and it's the GHQ that's slowly turning them into monsters. The students should be helped, not hated.

However it's certainly a welcome change to see a resistence with infighting and corruption as opposed to the classic moral, charming and patriotic "NIHON BANZAI" type that we've usually been forced to swallow, even in this show.
Old 2012-02-19, 08:48   Link #365
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
There's a lot of blame being thrown around at the students, whether it's Shu or the people who betrayed him but personally I'm sympathetic to all of them (well except for the ponytail and glasses dickhead, but they seem more contrived plot devices than actual characters). I just don't think there should be much blame towards people making mistakes in situations they should've never been put under in the first place. Perhaps some measure if responsibility but not blame, hatred and punishment. My hatred is thus entirely reserved for the GHQ. It was the GHQ that killed Hare and it's the GHQ that's slowly turning them into monsters. The students should be helped, not hated.

However it's certainly a welcome change to see a resistence with infighting and corruption as opposed to the classic moral, charming and patriotic "NIHON BANZAI" type that we've usually been forced to swallow, even in this show.
The reason why I hate them is because they said that Shu way is wrong yet they wait till they succeed in breaking through than they betrayed him.
It's like they already know that it's the only way for most of them to survived yet they act as if Shu was monster (They just force the hard part on him and when they are sure that they don't need him anymore they throw him away.

If they hate his way that match they should betrayed him before they success and search for another way to get out, but because they know that it's the only way for them to get out they wait till that moment....

Shu should just let Arisa stay president and leave.
(Which all she will do is waiting for help from outside that we all know that will never come unless you mean Arago only saving her as one.)

Edit: About comparing him to Lulu... Lelouch was master strategy who his mind was his strongest point don't to mention that he have clear goal before he even have his power.
Comparing Shu to him is totally unfair since Shu was nothing but normal student without any care or trouble.
(Normal student = are not chess master you know.)
And physical strength =/= leader (Suzuka was physical stronger than Lelouch but that doesn't mean he can be better leader than him)
(ACE =/= commander unless you are Char
For example look at Kamil)

Last edited by Gundamx; 2012-02-19 at 08:59.
Old 2012-02-19, 09:01   Link #366
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

If not for Shu,Mr.Glasshole would have killed Arisa long ago.

Okay maybe Arisa would let him "pull her Void" instead.
Old 2012-02-19, 12:40   Link #367
coroloro

I think it is interesting how in this episode, Shu feels badly for feeling like he is using them as pawns, when in fact HE is the one being used BY them in a sense, as he can take all the blame for doing what had to be done. That's pretty much how life is- people who want REAL power don't take first place, they take SECOND or THIRD place behind the one with it and then let that guy take the fall. I was REALLY dissapointed in Guilty Crown, which till the last ep has really been an almost perfect series for me. While I see the whole 'bringing him to a low' as part of the plot... I feel like I don't like where Gai has gone, nor where Shu is left, and if they don't make the right choices in the next ep or two I won't even bother watching the last episodes. They will have lost me completely. They'd better do something REALLY good to balance things out or else they've pretty much spoiled it for me.
Old 2012-02-19, 17:38   Link #368
syke123

Because of 10:43-11:12, I kind of don't care if Arisa dies next episode. I also hope that bastard Nanba gets a stick up his ass.
Old 2012-02-19, 17:54   Link #369
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by coroloro View Post
I think it is interesting how in this episode, Shu feels badly for feeling like he is using them as pawns, when in fact HE is the one being used BY them in a sense, as he can take all the blame for doing what had to be done. That's pretty much how life is- people who want REAL power don't take first place, they take SECOND or THIRD place behind the one with it and then let that guy take the fall. I was REALLY dissapointed in Guilty Crown, which till the last ep has really been an almost perfect series for me. While I see the whole 'bringing him to a low' as part of the plot... I feel like I don't like where Gai has gone, nor where Shu is left, and if they don't make the right choices in the next ep or two I won't even bother watching the last episodes. They will have lost me completely. They'd better do something REALLY good to balance things out or else they've pretty much spoiled it for me.
i kinda feel the same way. series was good up to until recently where i've been feeling kinda awkward watching.

my thoughts watching the past few episodes are filled with 'wow this guy really has shit luck'

he's doing the best (given his character flaws) with what's given to him, and people are screwing him left and right.

i don't really get what emotion the series is wanting to get across to the viewer at this point. the kid is given a stacked deck and it's just starting to turn into a pity fest.

i hope shu has some random miracle happen to him because "logically" he should die within the first 5 minutes of the next episode, or else all the foreshadowing/clues in the previous episodes have been wasted, b/c i've been lost in this quagmire of random events.
Old 2012-02-19, 18:57   Link #370
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
Because of 10:43-11:12, I kind of don't care if Arisa dies next episode. I also hope that bastard Nanba, Gai and Arisa gets a Wave Motion Cannon Void up their ass.
Corrected for you >_0
Old 2012-02-19, 19:01   Link #371
errorrrr

wow... I am glad I am not the only one thinking this anime is filled with random events that tried to be "serious" and deliver some "meaningful". Perhaps social commentary or something...

The more I watch this anime, the more I think of Code Geass, and how this try so hard to give off that Code Geass vibe but fails so horribly in crafting a coherent story.

Seriously, at this point I kind of think:

Shuu - Lelouch
Gai - Suzaku
Arisa - Karen
Inori - CC

i know it's kind of losse comparison especially Arisa to karen, but that Arisa from "Enemey' to "allie" then to "Enemy" again really makes me feel taht she is like Karen (or maybe that dark-skinned Britannia women, i forgot her name...)

Anyways... I hope some random miracle happens to Shuu, and better yet BRING HARU BACK alive...

Seriously, Shuu watched one of his closest friend, and a girl that confessed to him in the same episode just to DIE IN FRONT OF HIS FACE TRYING TO SAVE HIM...

Seriously, if Shuu dies/crippled, It's totally injustice and imbalance plot that all of Haru's existence was nothing but to serve a emtional stunt...

I watched the anime for 16 weeks to see Shuu "grow up" and ppl dying left and right trying to hep him grow up just to have all that work wasted in such a random way. Worst episode of anime i've watched the past 3 years to be completely honest.
Old 2012-02-19, 20:02   Link #372
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

WTF!!??

Turn Arisa isn't a broken whore!? WTF!?
Bring Gai back, with his memories and evil!? WTF!?
Someone else use Inori's Void, again!? WTF!?

WTF!?

... Monomyth comparison to follow after my anger subsides.
Old 2012-02-19, 22:04   Link #373
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorrrr View Post
Shuu - Lelouch
Gai - Suzaku
Arisa - Karen
Inori - CC

i know it's kind of losse comparison especially Arisa to karen. . .
If we are doing more Geass comparisons, it's more like Kallen=Ayase. There is basically zero comparison between Arisa and Kallen. Arisa isn't even a main character.
Old 2012-02-19, 22:23   Link #374
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Now then... since our dear writer loves the monomyth so much I want to discuss it again. I am going to say we are about to enter the transformation part of our story now. Specifically, Atonement with the Father. I have to wonder how losing his arm will lead Shu to transform mentally and physically and how he will challenge Neo Gai.
Old 2012-02-19, 22:39   Link #375
justsomeguy

Episode 17:
* Arisa has turned into a psycho bitch after Inori's attack on her.
* Shuu has become even more tyrannical, imprisoning people on the flimsiest grounds.
* Interesting enough, Yahiro is the only person with his head screwed on tight and has non-evil motives.
* Shuu's plan sucks. Having the students charge right at enemy robots? No use of cover nor tactics? Quite frankly, the kind of stuff Shuu pulled off with Inori's Void shows that he could have soloed the situation himself, which he almost did do at the end. Never mind that this operation was too simple, why did he spend weeks inside the quarantine before getting this over so quickly?
* At first I thought it was ridiculous how quickly the students turned on Shuu after breaking out of the red zone, but now that I think about the erratic behavior they've put up with and how they were angry enough to plan it ahead of time, it makes a lot more sense.
* Souta, that self-righteous prick. As much as Shuu deserved the coup, Souta caused all this and did not have any right to participate in it.
* When's the last time any writer abused their main character so much? After 17 episodes, Shuu still has no net rise above where he started. His high point was 11-14, and he's going down at the end here?
* Shuu's lost his arm/power, evil Gai and psycho Arisa have taken the reigns, and the UN is going to destroy Japan. 5 more episodes to resolve and explain everything. How the f___ is that possible?

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2012-02-19, 22:48   Link #376
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Corrected for you >_0
Actually I'm just mad he took her virginity, I don't really have a problem with everyone else. Except Souta, hate that kid too, killed Hare and still backstabs him.

What intriguing characters.
Old 2012-02-19, 22:56   Link #377
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorrrr View Post
wow... I am glad I am not the only one thinking this anime is filled with random events that tried to be "serious" and deliver some "meaningful". Perhaps social commentary or something...

The more I watch this anime, the more I think of Code Geass, and how this try so hard to give off that Code Geass vibe but fails so horribly in crafting a coherent story.

Seriously, at this point I kind of think:

Shuu - Lelouch
Gai - Suzaku
Arisa - Karen
Inori - CC

i know it's kind of losse comparison especially Arisa to karen, but that Arisa from "Enemey' to "allie" then to "Enemy" again really makes me feel taht she is like Karen (or maybe that dark-skinned Britannia women, i forgot her name...)

Anyways... I hope some random miracle happens to Shuu, and better yet BRING HARU BACK alive...

Seriously, Shuu watched one of his closest friend, and a girl that confessed to him in the same episode just to DIE IN FRONT OF HIS FACE TRYING TO SAVE HIM...

Seriously, if Shuu dies/crippled, It's totally injustice and imbalance plot that all of Haru's existence was nothing but to serve a emtional stunt...

I watched the anime for 16 weeks to see Shuu "grow up" and ppl dying left and right trying to hep him grow up just to have all that work wasted in such a random way. Worst episode of anime i've watched the past 3 years to be completely honest.
rolo = yahiro

you know its true. just wait for next episode to see him bust out lelouch shoe even after the guy insulted his "help" and hated him, cause they're brothers "friends"...
Old 2012-02-19, 23:06   Link #378
Crontica

I wish you people would stop trying to compare Shuu with Lelouch.
Lelouch wasn't a shy stuttering highschool girl with moral complexity issues, it has always been Shuuzaku and will always remain Shuuzaku.
Old 2012-02-19, 23:26   Link #379
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
I get it people, now stop comparing Guilty Crown to Code Geass.

I don't get why people compare a good anime (code geass) to this horses**t (Guilty Crown).

All I saw from this anime was a big F.U. to the main character, who never even learned and grow up as a person that we can all get behind.

With 5 episodes I wonder how this will end for the obvious characters in this little story.

As far as I know, unless there's some turn around and a decent ending...

This anime is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r3ey6qWlBs
Old 2012-02-19, 23:39   Link #380
andy

If Shu kills everybody and goes with Inori some where then that would be okay to me to tell the truth .
To hell with him trying to save Japan\anybody .
Closed Thread