AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your Favourite SR Factions (multiple choice allowed)
Flag / Jersey Faction: Harima x Eri 412 63.00%
Oudou / Correct Path Faction: Harima x Tenma 63 9.63%
Onigiri / Riceball Faction: Harima x Yakumo 295 45.11%
Kids Meal Faction: Harima x Eri x Yakumo 157 24.01%
True Oudou Faction: Karasuma x Tenma 89 13.61%
Dream Come True Faction: Hanai x Yakumo 25 3.82%
Flute Faction: Hanai x Mikoto 156 23.85%
Kite / Chocolate Faction: Hanai x Akira 22 3.36%
Glasses Faction: Hanai x Yuuki 28 4.28%
Applejuice / Apple Faction: Imadori x Ichijou 182 27.83%
Banana Faction: Imadori x Lala 33 5.05%
D Faction: Imadori x Mikoto 31 4.74%
Basketball Faction: Asou x Mikoto 75 11.47%
Chinese Food Faction: Asou x Sara 69 10.55%
Cookies / Dynamite Faction: Tani x Tae 45 6.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 654. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-08, 21:52   Link #301
FuzzyWuzzy

I can't believe that the Onigiri Faction is losing.
Didn't you guys watch 2nd Term. This should be the Manga Faction though.
Anyway, Yakumo x Harima all the way.
Old 2007-08-08, 22:01   Link #302
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
They do seem like a good fit.

Just watched episode 19 of the first season. OMG. I love Yakumo even more every episode.

And Harima with the I "I want to be smart" tanzaku on the fishing line. ^_^

Ooooo! >_< They'd be such a nice couple. ^_^

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2007-08-09, 09:18   Link #303
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
I can't believe that the Onigiri Faction is losing.
Didn't you guys watch 2nd Term. This should be the Manga Faction though.
Anyway, Yakumo x Harima all the way.
Season 2 distorted a number of things from the manga. There's some very good reasons why Flag is consistantly at the top, but you probably won't understand them unless you catch up with the manga.

Factions are often named based on their first meetings. The manga development took place quite a while after their first meeting, if you'll remember.
Old 2007-08-11, 13:13   Link #304
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Season 2 distorted a number of things from the manga. There's some very good reasons why Flag is consistantly at the top, but you probably won't understand them unless you catch up with the manga.

Factions are often named based on their first meetings. The manga development took place quite a while after their first meeting, if you'll remember.
I don't really read the manga since I don't really want to pay $10 per vol. right now since I'm already buying manga for another anime and reading the manga in the Internet is just crappy and takes away the illusion for some reason for me. However, I love this story purely based on the anime which gaved me a lot of laughs. So the only Yakumo I know is in the anime and she is the best character IMHO, next to Harima of course.

So Hari x Yakumo all the way..... Come on people.... Got to beat that Eri chick. She has no essence in character. go go super voting machine.
Old 2007-08-11, 17:16   Link #305
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Eri has more essence of the character than Yakumo does, but this is my own personal opinion. so go go super voting machine , have to beat that Yakumo chick in my case. Oh wait... She is already beaten...
Old 2007-08-11, 17:17   Link #306
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Eri has more essence of the character than Yakumo does, but this is my own personal opinion. so go go super voting machine , have to beat that Yakumo chick in my case. Oh wait... She is already beaten...
Awwww..... I think Yakumo is just fine. She's a quiet girl. There's nothing wrong with that.

It's especially interesting when someone disparages Tenma and Yakumo gets hyper-serious by very inconspicuously. ^^;

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2007-08-13, 07:27   Link #307
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
I don't really read the manga since I don't really want to pay $10 per vol. right now since I'm already buying manga for another anime and reading the manga in the Internet is just crappy and takes away the illusion for some reason for me. However, I love this story purely based on the anime which gaved me a lot of laughs. So the only Yakumo I know is in the anime and she is the best character IMHO, next to Harima of course.

So Hari x Yakumo all the way..... Come on people.... Got to beat that Eri chick. She has no essence in character. go go super voting machine.
If Yakumo was really appreciated on the basis of her character, the writers probably wouldn't spend so much of her screentime parading her around in different cosplay outfits. That's more of a marketing gimmick than character development.

We don't get a real sense of her character until a revelation happens, late in the manga. So for all intents and purposes, you probably don't know her personality all that well, yet.
Old 2007-08-20, 17:31   Link #308
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
If Yakumo was really appreciated on the basis of her character, the writers probably wouldn't spend so much of her screentime parading her around in different cosplay outfits. That's more of a marketing gimmick than character development.

We don't get a real sense of her character until a revelation happens, late in the manga. So for all intents and purposes, you probably don't know her personality all that well, yet.
You're misguided. You're looking at it all wrong. I'll fix it for you and let you see the light of YAKUMO.

Quote:
She is already a well developed character. We get a better and real sense of her character especially when the revelation happens, late in the manga.
Old 2007-08-20, 18:20   Link #309
Adam E
Riskbreaker

Quote:
You're misguided. You're looking at it all wrong. I'll fix it for you and let you see the light of YAKUMO.

She is already a well developed character. We get a better and real sense of her character especially when the revelation happens, late in the manga.
Kobayashi would have needed to actually spend time giving her solid development before then for her to be a well-developed character already.
Old 2007-08-22, 02:46   Link #310
phantom_ryder

I happily voted flag first off although I wouldn't mind onigiri... I think Harima/Eri is just much more fun to watch!
Old 2007-08-23, 13:15   Link #311
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:

I'm wasn't talking about how developed or undeveloped Yakumo is as a character. I just pointed out that there are some things that haven't yet been shown in the anime that can really change how her character is percieved.

You'll probably only make sense out of what I'm hinting at after you catch up with the manga, unfortunately.
Old 2007-08-23, 13:43   Link #312
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
While Harima x Eri is more interesting, I really like Yakumo. I feel like the show really sets it up to sympathize with her. Having to deal with her incompetent older sister, Tenma, she really deserves some happiness with Harima.
Old 2007-08-25, 21:15   Link #313
lordjuggernaut
Earl of Yakumon-shire

... Harima does not deserve Yakumo... period. after the last chapter... :lol:
Hanai on the other hand if he opens his mind out to other girls and be less obsessive ( or at least more composed about it..) he may be a good candidate for yakumo...
Old 2007-08-26, 02:10   Link #314
canza

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordjuggernaut View Post
Hanai on the other hand if he opens his mind out to other girls and be less obsessive ( or at least more composed about it..) he may be a good candidate for yakumo...
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .................................................. ................Big nono there imo.
Old 2007-08-26, 05:08   Link #315
aeterna789
Yakumo Fan

Send a message via Yahoo to aeterna789
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
While Harima x Eri is more interesting, I really like Yakumo. I feel like the show really sets it up to sympathize with her. Having to deal with her incompetent older sister, Tenma, she really deserves some happiness with Harima.
Totaly Agree!

Quote:
I Do not agree.

Quote:
Agrees at some point.
Old 2007-08-29, 04:24   Link #316
Arifast

My votes:

Harima X Eri (Flag)-- They just seem suited for each other to me. Eri wants to be with somebody who likes her inner beauty, not the outer ones (her looks). Harima fits this because even when he is in close proximity with Yakumo, he never once came close (i think) to being in love with Yakumo. So it shows that Harima does not go for anybody who is pretty.

Imadori X Ichijou -- School Rumble seems to be moving towards their direction, so that is why i voted for them.

Hanai X Yuuki -- Yuuki does not seem to have any luck with love. So i put in a vote for this faction out of sympathy.

Karasuma x Tenma -- Karasuma has a number of special talents. Tenma has almost no talents. Opposites attract, y'know.

Asou x Mikoto -- No idea who should i pair Mikoto up with. Hanai's taken, so might as well pair her up with Asou.

Personal opinions:

Harima X Yakumo -- Nah, i just cannot imagine somebody gentle and kind as Yakumo being with somebody rough like Harima. She looks like the one who needs defending by another person throughout her life. And Harima is already busy with his manga.

Harima x Eri x Yakumo -- Hell, no. I don't think i want to see 100 chapters of Eri Vs Yakumo and seeing Yakumo so helpless.
Old 2007-09-15, 01:12   Link #317
Darkhope

I like...

Asou/Mikoto
Imadori/Ichijou
Harima/Eri
Karasuma/Tenma

The more minor pairing like Asou/Mikoto has more of a chance than something like Flag or Rice.
Old 2007-09-28, 17:18   Link #318
X10A_Freedom

Flag and Onigiri.

The hate-hate relationship between Eri and Harima are definately the funniest part of this series. I also like the Onigiri because Yakumo is just *soooooo* sweet!

I don't understand the kid's meal faction at all.
Old 2007-09-30, 19:10   Link #319
FLiPMaStAZ

kid's meal faction sounds scrumptious
Old 2007-10-12, 06:51   Link #320
Hikari-Tenshi
~Arch-Angel~

Onigiri All the way~ Go Harima x Yakumo! s2~
Closed Thread