Old 2007-11-17, 23:52   Link #241
Rasengan2theface
Yuriholic

Send a message via AIM to Rasengan2theface
Quote:
Originally Posted by deffusse View Post
Of course it is
Spoiler for manga:
once you finish watching anime, just read manga.. btw I can't wait till the last volume is released[vol. 9]

and my rating for ep.6 >>9/10<<
I had no clue vol. 9 was the last one...I've had it preordered since summer, is it still coming out in December or did they delay it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sinclair View Post
Add me to the Ogiue fanclub. Love her seiyuu. Actually I love all the seiyuu in this show.
Add me too, I was so disappointed when they didn't get to her character in the first series, but I was kind of concerned about her seiyuu at first since a lot of the time the really screw up what you think the voice should sound like, especially if you've read the manga first

but I can honestly say that I'm really please thus far

oh yeah, I don't think this is against the rules, anyone know where I can find some .gifs of the episodes thus far? I'd really like to make an Ogiue icon, but I'm not sure where to look other than Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
I must say I blinked twice when I noticed who picked this up tho. It does appear to be reasonably accurately fansubbed though, it's not another one of their joke subs. I nearly added it to AS too, until it occurred to me this is a MFI series Interestingly this group seems to have brought their own "fan crowd" to Genshiken, as download numbers seem quite insane -- bigger than what I've seen for Clannad or Gundam 00 for example!
quality.
I was totally shocked too. I had completely stopped going to their site to get torrents because I get them elsewhere, but a friend told me they were subbing it and I thought he was lying until I went to go look. The download numbers are huge because of them. This is the first thing they've done in a long time that I don't hate them for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
I don't have the first season around anymore to compare, but yes, you're right: when comparing the character designs from the OVA to the first ep of the second season, the second season looks way better.

Spoiler for Big Pics:

I should note that OVAs usually have more a bigger than TV series, so they should look better. Then again, these OVAs were extra's on the Kujibiki Unbalance DVDs iirc, so they might have to have made them with an "extras" budget, which I can imagine is not big.
wow...I had never seen the OVAs. I really kinda want to look for them now, even if the quality is kinda...odd...compared to how nice it looks right now.

Last edited by Rasengan2theface; 2007-11-18 at 00:24.
Rasengan2theface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 09:18   Link #242
deffusse
otaku[SK]

delray says, the release date of vol.9 is "November 27, 2007".... I haven't ordered it yet, but I go for it.
deffusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 16:45   Link #243
Rasengan2theface
Yuriholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deffusse View Post
delray says, the release date of vol.9 is "November 27, 2007".... I haven't ordered it yet, but I go for it.
no way...I thought it wasn't supposed to be until Christmas...I hope I get it over thanksgiving break

nothing better than Genshiken for Thanksgiving
Old 2007-11-18, 17:28   Link #244
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Be sure to tell us how the series ends.
Old 2007-11-18, 17:52   Link #245
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
Better still, don't. If you wish to post (or discuss) the manga, then please do so in the manga thread, not here. Please do not spoil it for those who are following the anime.

Please keep the anime thread for discussion concerning the anime
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 18:05   Link #246
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Well, I meant more in the form of a PM. Not the anime thread. I was saying to just share the information in general.
Old 2007-11-18, 22:15   Link #247
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan2theface View Post
Add me too, I was so disappointed when they didn't get to her character in the first series, but I was kind of concerned about her seiyuu at first since a lot of the time the really screw up what you think the voice should sound like, especially if you've read the manga first
Ogi required a VA who could convey a great deal of emotional vulnerability and still bite the opposition when pissed off [something like Fushigiboshi's Altessa ] . Out of the working seiyuu today who "do" such conflicted characters, MK here has done the closest to the type on a regular basis. Saito Chiwa is too much of a tomboy to take the job, Rei Kugimiya's Shana clones are entirely too militant

The story for the first season essentially ended with Saki cosplay and her reluctant acceptance of the geek crew. The second season of genshiken has the perfect setup for humour when sexual fantasy and guilt clash. All this through the eyes and interaction of a highly creative but emotionally repressed girl. The really funny thing is, the whole club's values is one that doesn't judge who comes in [except when Saki puts a hand in ] . Poor Ogi can't decide to be either angry or shy around them because of it- in ep6 she does both at the same time

Probably why Ono like to poke the girl so much, the target becomes cuter when pissed off.

Now, with all the additional material included I'm hoping for an expansion on why Ogi and Keiko don't particularly like each other.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 01:29   Link #248
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Well, I meant more in the form of a PM. Not the anime thread. I was saying to just share the information in general.
Well ok,... That is, if you don't mind. It's quite straightforward actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Now, with all the additional material included I'm hoping for an expansion on why Ogi and Keiko don't particularly like each other.
At most, they can probably make an entire episode just for this. But then again, one can always assume that they just don't go well together. It's kind of funny if you place Sasahara right at the middle, as if he were the hapless manga hero stuck between the heroine and his sister.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 09:28   Link #249
Rasengan2theface
Yuriholic

Quote:
I'll be sure to, in the form of a pm of course, so long as you remind me, I have quite a terrible memory
Old 2007-11-20, 15:50   Link #250
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep7:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 00:52   Link #251
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

hmm, it seems like in order to wrap the series up in the next 6 episodes, they are cutting out all the stuff with Sasahara's sister.
I guess it's logical choice.
She's one of my favorite character, so I'm a little sad that with her airtime getting axed though.

Spoiler:

Animation and art quality was noticably down from previous episodes, and with some re-touched recaps, this episode seems to be the "break time" for the staff. But still a very good episode.
Oh yeah, last but not least.... The OP changed a bit. Nanoha-ish parodies added.
Old 2007-11-21, 01:28   Link #252
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I have alot of complaints with this episode

first of all, www.spacer-s.com does not exist!

and why go back to the older kujian drawing style? was that a re-cap from the first season, because I don't remember that happening in any of the episodes

they always hint that madamare has the hots for saki. i wonder what will happen at the end.
madamare always gets the short-end, he deserves more1
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 09:42   Link #253
Rasengan2theface
Yuriholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
they always hint that madamare has the hots for saki. i wonder what will happen at the end.
madamare always gets the short-end, he deserves more1

They do hint at that a lot, I'm pretty sure there's an entire manga chapter dedicated to that too, but I don't think anything comes of it because he realizes that she just makes him feel uncomfortable, or something along those lines, then again I'm not sure what happens in the final vol either

Spoiler for A Bit of a Request:
Old 2007-11-21, 13:21   Link #254
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 7
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 16:31   Link #255
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasengan2theface View Post
They do hint at that a lot, I'm pretty sure there's an entire manga chapter dedicated to that too, but I don't think anything comes of it because he realizes that she just makes him feel uncomfortable, or something along those lines, then again I'm not sure what happens in the final vol either
Uncomfortable in a good way though. The whole Madarame-has-a-crush-on-Saki subplot is a significant part of his character development.

But for now, anything said more on this will be getting into manga spoiler territory.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 16:45   Link #256
Rasengan2theface
Yuriholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 7
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Uncomfortable in a good way though. The whole Madarame-has-a-crush-on-Saki subplot is a significant part of his character development.

But for now, anything said more on this will be getting into manga spoiler territory.
Yeah, that is very true.

Spoiler for Possible Manga Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-23, 02:13   Link #257
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for ep 7:
Old 2007-11-23, 06:42   Link #258
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

The self references were a bit too much with the OVA stuff, I agree.

Show seems to be stuck in self reference mode inbetween the next big comedic angle.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 08:10   Link #259
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It was nice to see some flashbacks from the first season, especially with the second season style. The Kujian scene had me all <3 --- i've missed it's original style so much.

I'm happy they left in Madarame's "Saki's wearing stockings". Not only does that carry on his hidden love for her, it's just so typical of his character. & yes she does look rather hot in stockings.

Spoiler for Episode 08 preview:
Old 2007-11-23, 16:48   Link #260
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm happy they left in Madarame's "Saki's wearing stockings". Not only does that carry on his hidden love for her, it's just so typical of his character. & yes she does look rather hot in stockings.

Spoiler for Episode 08 preview:
oh yea...saki's stockings just invoked the otaku that is within me

but im not sure if i can look forward to kuchi cosplaying...even now i find that guy dam annoying >.> (not to mention the scarr he left on my with his last cosplay )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arms, comedy, romance, seinen, slice of life