AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-08-26, 22:16   Link #19101
yggdrasil325
Hikikomori in a box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Hey guys, remember this request?

Please?
I posted yesterday that the multiverse would be a good basis for Itsuko technobabble. If you're looking for a write-up, though, I'm not the guy for the job. It would probably be something along the lines of "There are infinite parallel universes, differing mostly on the quantum level, and through the subconscious powers of one Suzumiya or the other, we seem to have been dragged to the universe where certain specific people's gender's are reversed."

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN.
yggdrasil325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 01:12   Link #19102
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Idea overshaodowed by a pointless debate.

Great. JUST GREAT.

It was HEISENBERG UNCERTAINTY PRINCIPLE.
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 01:16   Link #19103
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Hey, that was discussed... then... forgotten. It's not like we completely ignored it.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 01:46   Link #19104
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Originally Posted by yggdrasil325 View Post
I posted yesterday that the multiverse would be a good basis for Itsuko technobabble. If you're looking for a write-up, though, I'm not the guy for the job. It would probably be something along the lines of "There are infinite parallel universes, differing mostly on the quantum level, and through the subconscious powers of one Suzumiya or the other, we seem to have been dragged to the universe where certain specific people's gender's are reversed."
I can see that tying in nicely with the constant, varying iterations from Endless Eight...

And, actually, given Kyonko's earlier theorizing on the existence of an infinite number of universes spawning from the varying choices she has made throughout her life (Trousers of Time, anyone?), I can see her joining in for once instead of being a bemused listener.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 04:54   Link #19105
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
The way I roughly see that discussion going;

Kyon first brings up the idea of alternate universes.

Koizumi chimes in by expanding that into Everett's multiverse theory.

Asahina, the time travellers, points out that theory cannot be proven, and that Einstein's special relativity are all solved by assuming a single universe. When pointed out that time travellers violate/severely bend relativity theories by NOT being close-to-massless-at-speed-of-light, they go "classified information".

They then hit upon the idea that one of the universes were created; and Itsuki points out that since they all are in a universe where HARUHI is goddess; they are for all intents and purposes, the original. ("Her will is Imperative, Her reality is Law")

They then go to the aliens for their data analysis to confirm. Aliens reply that it is impossible to tell from available data, (This could be where we insert Heisenberg, though it'll be a stretch) but Yuuki admits that Itsuki's logic is sound, as far as Suzumiya is concerned; scaring the seitenkan SOS members.

We could also have a scared Mitsuuru asking Nagato to gather more data to confirm that deduction, and Yuuki offers to vaporize an experiment subject into quantum bits to cast into the quantum foam for more data. Obviously, there's no takers.

That's all I could figure for now.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 05:13   Link #19106
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
By 'Itsuki' you mea Itsuko right? Because only he seitenkan brigade is awere of the two universes so far.

Also, just to make clear, Mitsuuru can't contact his future right? It don't exist in that world. Can he contact Mikuru's future insted? Th same goes for Yuuki, he can contact Yuki's ata Overmind, and even use it to jump around with Kyonko on his arms. But can he ask things to then, like in otai idea, or they wouldn't answer because he is a stranger. Or they misstook him by Yuki (as they are very similar)?

Asking it because some ideas (like scyfi's and otai's) are based on that questions.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 05:29   Link #19107
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

If Mitsuuru or Yuuki were able to contact their counterparts' groups, it really wouldn't do them a lot of good. Mitsuuru probably wouldn't be believed and Yuuki... would most likely be considered an anomaly and have several interfaces after the group, provided they don't take the direct approach of "Delete."

This is just how I see the scenarios happening, mind you. This is in no way indicative of the VN.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-27, 05:35   Link #19108
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
If Mitsuuru or Yuuki were able to contact their counterparts' groups, it really wouldn't do them a lot of good. Mitsuuru probably wouldn't be believed and Yuuki... would most likely be considered an anomaly and have several interfaces after the group, provided they don't take the direct approach of "Delete."

This is just how I see the scenarios happening, mind you. This is in no way indicative of the VN.
I agree with you. Tough the IDE probably is curious about the short appearance of Yuuki in Day3. Obviously, their 'curious' is probably a bad thing.

A scenariou of Yuuki protecting the Seitenkan brigade of attack from many interfaces wouldbe alsome, btw. And sad (cause he would obviously fail).

PP:
By the way, reposting the wikipedia article of Heisenberg uncertainty principle (from besieger idea).

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-08-27 at 06:34.
Old 2009-08-27, 08:08   Link #19109
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Hey, are you sluts making a visual novel? I'm a programmer.
Old 2009-08-27, 08:13   Link #19110
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

You'd have to ask Heatth, since he seems to be in charge of the programming that gets done around here.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 09:07   Link #19111
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

If you're skilled in... whatever Ren'py uses, I'm sure you'll be allowed on the programming staff. As far as I know, the only role we have less people assigned to/volunteering for is audio, but we aren't worrying about that part just yet.
Old 2009-08-27, 09:12   Link #19112
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Python? Shit, any shmuck can pick up a high-level programming language.
Old 2009-08-27, 09:22   Link #19113
Heatth

What this mean, exactly?
Old 2009-08-27, 09:23   Link #19114
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
What this mean, exactly?
... You don't program much, do you?

Wait never mind, Ren'Py has it's own script. This can be so incredibly easy for me.

ALSO

Whoever is in charge of audio (Danchou?), I make music. Talk to me.

Last edited by Dakota; 2009-08-27 at 10:07. Reason: post-post
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 10:08   Link #19115
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
What this mean, exactly?
I think he's saying that anyone can learn programming. He goes on to brag that he's the best thing to happen to programming since Donald Knuth.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 10:23   Link #19116
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
I think he's saying that anyone can learn programming. He goes on to brag that he's the best thing to happen to programming since Donald Knuth.
Anyone can learn Ren'Py, it's painfully easy.

AND DONT YOU TAKE HIS NAME IN VAIN
Old 2009-08-27, 10:28   Link #19117
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Send a message via MSN to CanadaAotS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I was trying to avoid playing up the yuri aspects of the scene.
Really? Good thing I wear my yuri goggles ALL THE TIME at maximum power.

That said, I quite enjoyed the scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
I was thinking about something.

Is Kyonko just a Tsundere archetype instead of being an actual Gender-bent Kyon?

Convince me otherwise.

/EDIT Alternatively, is Kyon a male tsundere unrecognizable as a tsundere due to gender?
You could say that they're both tsundere (Kyonko more so) but it's not a defining characteristic for them. Being snarky defines them a lot more then the odd tsun and dere moment they may have.

I'd take this moment to say the same applies to Haruhi. I've never thought of her as a tsundere really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Asahina, the time travellers, points out that theory cannot be proven, and that Einstein's special relativity are all solved by assuming a single universe. When pointed out that time travellers violate/severely bend relativity theories by NOT being close-to-massless-at-speed-of-light, they go "classified information".
Time travelers can be annoying sometimes lol. "I can talk physics until you mention that time traveling should be impossible, then suddenly LOL CLASSIFIED"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
To be fair, anyone can learn high-level language programming. It's like writing in fairly careful, unambiguous English. You just got to read up on what the specific "rules" are.

Not saying it's a cake-walk, but anyone should be able to pick it up. Heatth is one of the main programmers, and the guy didn't know any languages till this project lol. Ditto to Danchou iirc.
CanadaAotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 10:49   Link #19118
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Anyone can learn Ren'Py, it's painfully easy.

AND DONT YOU TAKE HIS NAME IN VAIN
The only people who can't are people like me; as in people who are too lazy to even go look up how Ren'Py works (ノ゜ー゜)ノ

EDIT: Oh, and CanadaAotS? Nice avi. I just hope that isn't directed at me.
Old 2009-08-27, 11:14   Link #19119
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Here's my try at writing something, based off of several of the ideas we've put forward. If you use it, it'll probably need to be edited to sound more like the characters, though:

Spoiler for My poor attempt at writing:

Thoughts?
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 11:29   Link #19120
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
Here's my try at writing something, based off of several of the ideas we've put forward. If you use it, it'll probably need to be edited to sound more like the characters, though:

Spoiler for My poor attempt at writing:

Thoughts?
I for one think it's pretty good, although you're right on Kyonko not exactly sounding like herself.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan