Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-02-06, 21:10   Link #1
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
An Idea for a GS3 Story, Characters, and Mecha

Not to be confused with DarkazurESky's fanfic. I started this about two weeks ago and actually got the story, all the characters, and the first three mecha ideas done within the first few days, but hit a roadblock in coming up with new ideas for the other new mecha, as well as names. Realizing that it will still take me forever to think up original names and weaponry for the rest of the suits, I decided to go ahead and post this. I don't know yet if I'm going to start typing a full fanfic on this.

To make it so this one post doesn't take so much of the page since the text is so long, I've put it in spoiler tags.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Shinji103; 2006-04-26 at 15:44.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 21:16   Link #2
NeoHunter
BBAC

I don't think you should name it Athena. (Minerva=Athena in mythology, but you prbly already knew that.)
NeoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 21:21   Link #3
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoHunter
I don't think you should name it Athena. (Minerva=Athena in mythology, but you prbly already knew that.)
Yup. But they're two different names so...

Plus, I can't think of anything better. Really, Gundma is getting to be like a beaten dead horse. We're running out of new ideas/names.
Old 2006-02-06, 22:13   Link #4
lemondude
"super lemon"

I think the GS 3 is suppose to a new story, like a new style of story. Not just a ship owns everyone.
lemondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 22:32   Link #5
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Ironic. Technically, my brother and I have around the same amount of idea you have for a 3rd SEED series, mine revolving around how Coordinators are facing possible extinction around 10 years after Destiny.

With quite a number of ideas, the only writer's block we're facing is we can't make up our mind on whether or not we want a Athrun/Meyrin and Cagalli/Gilbert (( He survived in my brains, though he doesn't appear until like the VERY VERY end. )) or Athrun/Cagalli with Meyrin dead.

My idea involves LOTs of crazy pairings. Gai x Erica, yummy.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 23:15   Link #6
lemondude
"super lemon"

who's Erica man
lemondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 23:15   Link #7
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Ironic. Technically, my brother and I have around the same amount of idea you have for a 3rd SEED series, mine revolving around how Coordinators are facing possible extinction around 10 years after Destiny.

With quite a number of ideas, the only writer's block we're facing is we can't make up our mind on whether or not we want a Athrun/Meyrin and Cagalli/Gilbert (( He survived in my brains, though he doesn't appear until like the VERY VERY end. )) or Athrun/Cagalli with Meyrin dead.

My idea involves LOTs of crazy pairings. Gai x Erica, yummy.
You did know that Erica is married and already have a kid of her own? But, I suppose it doesn't really matter for a pairing idea for a fanfic.

Alright, for your fanfic, Shinji (damn, this name reminds me of Evangelion...), I think you have enough characters to start and more than enough mechas to continue on.

But if the writer's block is the thing that's keepin' you from continuing, you aren't the only one. My DVF project is on a short halt because of a writer's block and my 4-hour-long night school.

But sooner or later, hopefully not too later, you'll get that block bashed down and continue. Good luck with the project.

And why don't you try to post it on the FF.Net? You'll only get a limited responses from the forum but you'll have many people trying out your fanfic.

So far for mine, I have 500+ people tried it and some of them is continued reading them. If oyu plan our the summary you put for your fanfic, you just might have people flocking over to read yours.

And hopefully, I have not let you take whatever readers I have for my own fanfiction if yours become much better than mine. Well, I guess that's a good thing for you while I hang myself in stupidity...
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 23:48   Link #8
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213
You did know that Erica is married and already have a kid of her own? But, I suppose it doesn't really matter for a pairing idea for a fanfic.
Well, that's one of the scenario's I'm capitalizing on. Since Erica's child is clearly still small judging from the way she talked to him, and there's not one single mention of her husband in both SEED and Destiny, I'm thinking going the Getbackers Spiderlady route.

Erica and Gai had a one night stand YEARS back. Sexay.

I may be posting my idea similar to Shinji's here sometime later, maybe a few days as I don't want a bunch load of SEED 3 ideas topics running around. Technically, this was my brother's brainchild which I contributed. Seriously, he's crazy. He wants Canard x Kazahana? Kira x Milly? Even though I can see how he wants to lay out his foundation, he's got to be on crack for even thinking about it.
Old 2006-02-07, 00:59   Link #9
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

My MSN screenname is Shinji103,and I didn't want to bother coming up with some fancy shamncy name, so I decided to use that. And my MSN Screenname is about 8 years old.

Point being, my AP name reminds you of Evangelion because that's what it was indirectly named after.

Anyway, I'll be updating the original post as I come up with stuff.

But no comments directly on my ideas? T.T *sob*

lol
Old 2006-02-07, 01:15   Link #10
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
But no comments directly on my ideas? T.T *sob*

lol
I don't see how we can give much comments, considering it's still pretty basic. Essentially, it's a believable start-up, with a decent start-off of both the new and old cast, but there's too little outline of where you're going to tell how will your idea work out.

Remember when Destiny revealed just as much as you did, minus the fact that yours don't have the character/MS artwork?

Lol, Shinn = Athrun/Kira lovechild. lol Meyrin and Luna is related to Fllay, Impulse rips off Strike, Dullindal is too sexy, he's surely EVIL, all those lame comments.
Old 2006-02-07, 04:30   Link #11
tetsuo69

Shinji103 great job i like it i just hope Seed 3 starts something like that\

Dana Calloc "Her piloting skills and abilities do not appear to be as high as those of past Extendeds"
Colly Nenz " Despite being at such a young age, many say that her skills even surpass those of the ultimate Coordinator, Kira Yamato"

if that was the case the main character wouldnt stand a chance, unless Eternity is just talking big and are just using Freedom/kira History as symbol of strength while saying this girl skills surpass kira/Freedom..but in reality shes at the same Level of the main character no better than the past Extendeds

Last edited by tetsuo69; 2006-02-07 at 07:11.
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 08:16   Link #12
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Keep em coming Shinji, I'm excited how the story would come out....

So, um, is this Gundam SEED Eternity story you posted based on the rumours circulating about GSEED 3 codenamed as Gundam SEED Eternity? Just curious.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 10:27   Link #13
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

tetsuo69: Who said that Colly and Dana face off at the start of the series, or while Dana is still not significantly skilled? And when they eventually do, who says Russan and Samon aren't there to help? I think you're assuming stuff here....

What I'm going to do is I'll make a series summary/overview, kind of like what I did for my GSD ending fanfic, but a bit more summarized, then I might make a full fanfic based off of that when I get some solid time. But first, I need to think up names for at least Shinn, Kira, and Colly's suits.
Old 2006-02-07, 18:09   Link #14
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
it' seem slike i've been gone forever, but i just wanted to know is EA and Zaft lead by lacus and cagalli, or faceless peeps?
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 20:00   Link #15
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Crusader: If you mean officially, then I believe that they're not the unquestioned leaders of their respective nations, they're just the most well-known ones.

If you mean in my fanfic idea here, then Lacus is one of several council members, where there is no suprememe chairman leader anymore. Experience has made it clear to the people of PLANT that having a single overruling chairman = bad. In Orb, the political leadership has not changed, and the EA has a congress-type government.

In answer to Sniper's question, the idea for the name "Eternity" actually popped in my head first, then I remembered the GS Eternity rumor form a while back. So maybe it was partially influenced, but not consciously.
Old 2006-02-08, 02:10   Link #16
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

I actually don't mind a main character who doesn't kick everyone's ass. It is kinda like Ed from Full Metal Alchemist, he is the main character but far from being the strongest.
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 09:28   Link #17
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

It seems interesting and all... But with Dana and Colly... Well, is it just me, or do I see a Kou-Vs-Anavel-style scenario being one of the important plot points? (Ref 0083 if you do not get it. )
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 16:04   Link #18
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

UGH. A new MS for Shinn? What's wrong with Destiny rebuilt and repowered? Nuclear suits everywhere? I really DOUBT Shinn would be on the sidelines if a war would start again. More like he'd be Shinn, power up the Destiny, and just go on a PWN PWN PWN spree since there's no Athrun or Kira to stop him.

What happened to Destiny, Freedom, and Justice? Those designs aren't exactly common knowledge. Add a few improvements to the armor against beam weaponry and you really don't get much better bar psycommu.

Edit: A new cast and rehashes of the same ideas...come on now...go with a friggin' side story.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 17:40   Link #19
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

WarpObscura: Why is it that people keep assuming that Dana vs Colly is going to be the main rivalry? Who says they're going to be rivals at all? >.>
Just because there's a main character pilot and an ace enemy pilot does not mean they're going to duke it out. That's a bad assumption. There is no such law that says this has to be so. As for who Colly would fight then, who says she'll have a rival at all? Or there's always Shinn and Kira.

Demongod86: Yeah I knew you'd show up to degrade this sooner or later. Why is Shinn getting a new MS bad? As for why I don't use a re-Destiny, I guess you were both deaf and blind when a lot of people here and elsewhere complained about the lack of originality in the GSD suits.

Okay, now you are incorrectly assuming stuff and just being blind to others (or maybe you just didn't read the whole thing, to which I'd say "read the whole freaking thing or be quiet"): THERE IS NO WAR. It's TERRORIST ATTACKS. I specifically stated "terrorist attacks." These range from bombs to blitzkrieg attacks utilizing small forces on key military targets in the EA and ZAFT. I said it seems as if Eternity is larger than it looks at first sight. Whether or not Shinn pitches in is moot because the EA and ZAFT don't even know where the Eternity organization is based. They don't know when and where they'll attack next, hence the reason for why they put together a special task force to find them and take them on, while the EA and ZAFT's normal forces continue on.

Umm, I've got a word for you: originality. And since I follow common sense in stuff I create, in ten years, the Destiny, Justice, and Freedom will all be outdated. They may still have better power sources (barring Destiny, since it didn't have a nuclear reactor), but the mechanisms and technology used in the suit itself, as well as the efficiency of the weaponry, will be outdated.

And really, don't go bashing other people's stuff when you don't even know everything about it. And this from a guy who doesn't like people's fanfics. I haven't even said the plot yet. But if you want to go into rehashes, there, isn't Natural vs Coordinator just a rehash of Oldtype vs Newtype from Gundam X?

And I really think you need to refrain from bash statements like the last line of your post, especially after what you said in Darkazure's fanfic thread...

Last edited by Shinji103; 2006-02-08 at 20:08.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 20:02   Link #20
Knightmare213

Even though I've read Demongod's original story, Mythica, the originality of the story kinda lacked through out the story. I know I'm suppose to talk about Shinji103's fanfiction, but let me say this before I get to the main point.

Alright. I've read three chapters of Mythica and sadly, at least for Demongod, I got bored of it. Sure, there is an originality for pairing up a couple of hot babes at the end or during the story but so far, that was about it.

If you, Demongod, want a place to get your originality satisfaction, then go to a book store and buy a book written by a professional author.

But asking for a fan fiction author to give some more originality? Come on! You're the guy who says that fanfictions lack originality and you're asking for some out of it.

If you don't like the level of originality of fanfictions, then don't troll on a thread that's about any kind of fanfictions and discourage any fanfiction writers.

If you have nothing to say but bad things about fanfictions, keep it to yourself. If you just want to torture yourself by reading other people's fanfiction, fine. Go and give yourself a bit of pain now and then just to bash and flame fanfictions.

Seriously, I would not waste my time reading or watching something that I don't like.

Also, Shinji's idea's originality level is pretty good. I'm not saying this just to go against Demongod, but to really say out my feelings. I believe that this is the first time I've ever heard a war against terrorism in any Gundam Universe.

If you want to turn this into a fanfiction story, go right ahead, Shinji103. You have my full support on this.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote