AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-18, 22:27   Link #1
solarknight123

Somethng intresting

Hey i found this pic on the mai-otome site

it looks like it could be a couple of new things coming out for mai-hime and otome. What do you guys think? (sorry if this has been posted before)
Old 2006-12-18, 22:38   Link #2
solarknight123

sorry bout that but i just found out the pic i got can't be converted or something
if you still want to see it, is in the mai-otome zwel site like on the front page, you click on it and it will appear. it looks like mai and arika in a differen

Last edited by solarknight123; 2006-12-18 at 22:49.
Old 2006-12-18, 22:41   Link #3
Zelene2004

I don't see anything still.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 2006-12-18, 22:52   Link #4
AnimaniacForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelene2004 View Post
I don't see anything still.
i don't see anything either
Old 2006-12-19, 00:28   Link #5
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
YOU LIE!

*hits himself*

Sorry that was my other way thinking about what you said.
Old 2006-12-19, 01:51   Link #6
UrielMatt

I think he mean this: http://www.my-zhime.net/img_top/bigbang2.gif

(Mai and Arika from the new manga and other stuff)

There's a blank gif over this pic in the site, then yuo can't link properly...
Old 2006-12-19, 17:35   Link #7
solarknight123

yeah, thats the one im talking about. so does anyone know what it means?
Old 2006-12-19, 18:09   Link #8
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
yeah, thats the one im talking about. so does anyone know what it means?
#1 on that page is just advertising the My-Otome Zwei manga published in the Champion RED anthology starting on November 18. Only the first chapter and a preview chapter has been released online so far (in raw format).

#4 talks about a My-Otome manga adapted from the My-Otome spin-off novel "Ayane Hazakura". Pardon my translation... XD Slated for release in February 2007!

But what is of noted interest is the novel of My-HiME Destiny ~Priestess of the Dragon~ (temporary title) slated for release in February 2007. That is #5 on that page. It will feature a new main character with reoccuring characters such as Arika, Natsuki, Shizuru, and Nao in the backdrop of Fuuka Gakuen, this time located in Hokkaido. This is labeled as Part 3 of the My-HiME Project.

The rest are short stories and events. And that sums up their "My-HiME Big Bang Project." Maybe they will add more stuff on in the future.
Old 2006-12-19, 19:47   Link #9
solarknight123

thanks for translating, so now there's mai-hime sequel! ^_^, although i am kinda bummed it will focus on a new character, well not that im against new characters but im kinda afraid this new one will be the center like arika was, but its all good, im glad there's gonna be some kind of sequel to mai-hime. Btw is the zwel manga connected to the mai-otome manga or its just simply an adaptation
Old 2006-12-19, 19:54   Link #10
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
Btw is the zwel manga connected to the mai-otome manga or its just simply an adaptation
The Zwei manga is not drawn by the original Otome/HiME artist but is drawn by the person who created the Otome hentai manga in Champion RED. This Zwei manga does have nudity but nothing sexual. The Zwei manga is weird because

Spoiler:

So I guess you can consider this Zwei manga as a sequel to the My Otome anime, not the manga. So far, it is practically the same as the My Otome Zwei first episode.
Old 2006-12-19, 20:36   Link #11
solarknight123

oh ok thanks ^_^
Old 2006-12-19, 20:42   Link #12
Sakuya
*Artist

I am wondering if they will include a Hokkaido tongue to their dialogue like in Saikano. But is there really a Hokkaido dialect out there? In Saikano the VAs talked about it and it seems "gomen ne" is part of Hokkaido dialect. But it seems normal Japanese to me, like it's not as evident as Shizuru's dialect.
Old 2006-12-25, 15:18   Link #13
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
http://www.my-zhime.net/bigbang/index.html
Now Big Bang Project had his own page
Old 2006-12-25, 16:23   Link #14
Fukiri
Lazy ass

Send a message via MSN to Fukiri
*points to the last pictures of the site* That's Mayo? Now I don't know if I should be scared or amused...
Anyone knows if the first pictures refer to the Otome OVA or to the upcoming novels? Maybe they'll do a mix between the two....
Old 2006-12-25, 16:41   Link #15
Sakuya
*Artist

The first row of pictures is for the short stories and the short story adaptation manga in Dengeki G's Magazine. They are in order:

1. Ayane
2. Ayane (6 years old)
3. Nicora (Nicolla?)
4. Clarissa (Ers clone )
5. Sophia
6. Boy of the Promise
7. Ayane's Element
8. Ayane's Meister Robe

The second row of pictures is for the novel My-HiME Destiny. They are in order:

1. Mayo
2. Shion (Nao clone )

Very interesting. And they're all designed by Hisayuki again! Does that mean he's in charge of both of these projects? I can't wait. Especially for the manga spin-off.
Old 2006-12-25, 16:53   Link #16
Fukiri
Lazy ass

Send a message via MSN to Fukiri
I've also noticed the clones XD Maybe they're planing on doing "The attack of the clones" Hime/Otome version... Well, maybe they just swaped the original Himes by similiar characters like it was an alternate universe or something...

Really, I don't know what to expect from that... Me being a huge Hime fangirl doesn't help either... Then again, I hope that at least they put someone smiliar to each Hime girl. And if it's Hisayuki in charge, at least the artwork won't disappoint us. ^_^

Thanks for the data Sakuya.
Old 2006-12-25, 17:00   Link #17
Sakuya
*Artist

I'm still surprised at the similarities of Clarissa and Erstin. The sort of pose and eyes is practically the same. I wonder if she has yellow hair?

Did anyone else notice that the official site's main page has new screencaps from OVA Vol.2? Chie in a Meister Robe?! I didn't think she became a Meister as well!!! And Sara materializing! This second one doesn't seem bad now. I am excited once again.
Old 2006-12-25, 18:01   Link #18
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
I'm still surprised at the similarities of Clarissa and Erstin. The sort of pose and eyes is practically the same. I wonder if she has yellow hair?

Did anyone else notice that the official site's main page has new screencaps from OVA Vol.2? Chie in a Meister Robe?! I didn't think she became a Meister as well!!! And Sara materializing! This second one doesn't seem bad now. I am excited once again.
Dang she looks good in that robe, I look at the Big Bang project website and saw the screencaps of the manga of both novels. Could it be possible that My-Hime Destiny and manga be animated for 2007? I just hope it still possible for My-Hime sequel after the OAV of Mai-Otome.
Old 2006-12-25, 18:14   Link #19
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Dang she looks good in that robe, I look at the Big Bang project website and saw the screencaps of the manga of both novels. Could it be possible that My-Hime Destiny and manga be animated for 2007? I just hope it still possible for My-Hime sequel after the OAV of Mai-Otome.
Only the short story spin-off about Ayane will be adapted into a manga. The novel, My-HiME Destiny, was only announced a novel at this point. The designs are probably for insert illustrations or the cover.

But yeah, it would be awesome for them to animate these two given that HiME and Otome were such big hits. They wouldn't skimp out on another big cash-in would they? In a way, I am actually sort of glad that the OVA is being released every 2 months. It gives us something exciting to wait for throughout the new year along with these interesting releases. I just hope it keeps on coming.
Old 2006-12-25, 20:04   Link #20
Highman

Hey in your own opinion, should we have third series by next year?