AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-31, 12:05   Link #101
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon_Blues
Hey, first post here. That aside...

I actually got into all this just over a week ago, and I've already watched all 3 seasons and cleared a few novels. I stayed away from anime after Robotech, and thankfully I was turned on to something that I could really relate to and enjoy. That said, I was really impressed with where TSR took things.

I would have to say one of my favorite parts was when Kaname was on the rooftop after her battle and everything finally sank in. She had gone through the past day or two finally seeing things through Sousuke's eyes - Everyone is a threat, people actually are out to harm/kill you, and there is a time when you can't hesitate to pull the trigger. It's one thing to be targeted and rely on someone's expertise to protect you, but in this scene she finally realized what it's like to have to be the protector, to live the way Sousuke lives every day of his life. Though he may do strange things and get irritating at times, now she fully realizes just why he does those things. ...maybe why the hit from the shoe never came in the end, and she broke down in front of him?

The other thing I liked was at the end when he was practically standing beside himself when facing his teammates in the road. They could have shot him, and he would have had absolutely zero reaction to it. Then the ARX-7 comes crashing in and he didn't even flinch, looking back only to acknowledge it as a piece of junk - halfway because it didn't kill him in the process of crashing past him.

The character development in TSR was very well played, even giving another side to people like Kurz. Now if only he could have at least given her that hug...
Well at least his motive was to give her a hug......though yea, wish he woulda done it lol
Old 2006-07-31, 22:51   Link #102
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Another kindred soul acknowledging FMP's greatness? Can I get an Amen, brotha'!?

You have most of the same reactions that I did. The first season got me hooked by leading me on with a carrot of maybe, just maybe, something happening between the two hopeless main characters. The second season didn't mean much to me, but it made alot of new fans for the series as a whole. With TSR, I finally get the drama I wanted, with even better mech fight scenes (although a little spread out between the real gun fight scenes, lol).
Old 2006-08-02, 14:24   Link #103
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
Wow, I haven't posted here in a bit, but I've been reading the posts on email.

I want to know if he hugged her in the novel? In this scene. I'm sure there is major anticipation for anything FMP related, but it seems that Sagara not being able to engage her creates even more anticipation for another season.

And jeeze, I've been reading the manga's from the library, and I just have to say that, the art is awesome; swimsuits are great! Anyway, I'd suggest checking it out if possible. Though the story is really slow. Like even after 7 or 8 volumes, the first part of the series isn't even over. Sorry if that's off topic.

Decon_Blues: the rooftop scene is probably my fav as well. I'm going to have to re-run TSR and AIR sometime sooon!

also,
Masanori I like the sig!
Old 2006-08-02, 19:05   Link #104
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Thanks!

Anyhow, the manga is so long because it combines the first two seasons together!
Old 2006-08-03, 18:28   Link #105
ryaken

Yes, that's true. And then some extra little stories. Like the haunted island? I guess that was the haunted hospital in Fumoffu, but who knows...
Old 2006-08-03, 19:24   Link #106
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

I got bored of FMP: F! a little more than halfway through, so I skipped about 3~5 episodes and watched the last few. Most of it I can't remember anymore (it's on some DVDs in my room somewhere). My manga hold a much more prominent position in my room, since I can read them anytime (I need my computer to watch FMP, lol).

I also hold the manga in higher regard, since the editor threw in some stuff that I think should have been in the anime.
Old 2006-08-03, 19:25   Link #107
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Angry Pissed

I REALLY HATE SAGARA FOR NOT CONTINUING THIS "MOVE"!!!

--->sagara<---me

DAMMIT!!!
Old 2006-08-03, 19:33   Link #108
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater_81
I REALLY HATE SAGARA FOR NOT CONTINUING THIS "MOVE"!!!

--->sagara<---me

DAMMIT!!!
lol spaz hug
^_^
Old 2006-08-03, 19:52   Link #109
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Maybe there's a way to explain this off, like Kaname's shirt was magnetically similar to Sousuke's hands?

Hopfully that'll change soon.
Old 2006-08-04, 17:20   Link #110
ryaken

Haha. I'm sure something will happen. With Sousuke though, who knows... He's a pretty suprising character.
Old 2006-08-04, 23:36   Link #111
gencbiba

I think its been said before but I was really pissed when Tessa's brother got first dibs on Kaname's lips!! WTF was that all about... Now she isn't a total virgin in my mind because her lips have been disgraced by another. Heh, I guess I'm into the story too much and I regard it as real life.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2006-08-05, 07:11   Link #112
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Same here. Almost my same exact train of thought.

I bet Kaname's memory gets wiped or something...
Old 2006-08-05, 09:34   Link #113
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
I think its been said before but I was really pissed when Tessa's brother got first dibs on Kaname's lips!! WTF was that all about... Now she isn't a total virgin in my mind because her lips have been disgraced by another. Heh, I guess I'm into the story too much and I regard it as real life.
If you feel really involved with the story, the anime is doing what it's supposed to, so I wouldn't worry.

Yeah that kiss annoyed me too.
Old 2006-08-05, 20:31   Link #114
gencbiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota
I bet Kaname's memory gets wiped or something...

That would suck... I first was afraid of that when she was being tested by the terrorists in the first FMP, the airplane episode... However, now that you mention it, Tessa's brother seems creepy and maybe he can do such a thing to her if possible just to steal her away from Sousuke.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2006-08-06, 08:56   Link #115
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Very true, since that one Whispered engineer chick later on in the storyline (forgot what book) tries to make Sousuke forget Kaname (almost succeeds). Too bad she dies. When she resonates with Kaname (after she's dead, oddly enough), she tells Kaname that she tried to replace her but failed (no one can replace Kaname, lol), and Kaname thanks her.

So perhaps Whispereds can mess with other people's heads? Or their crazy inventions can...
Old 2007-02-15, 02:09   Link #116
Sakuya
*Artist

Sorry to bring back an old thread but I'm curious, since it takes place in Hong Kong, does anyone actually speak Cantonese in this anime? It'd be cool if they did since I'm originally from Hong Kong.
Old 2007-02-15, 02:41   Link #117
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Sorry to bring back an old thread but I'm curious, since it takes place in Hong Kong, does anyone actually speak Cantonese in this anime? It'd be cool if they did since I'm originally from Hong Kong.
I know Mao spoke either Mandarin or Cantonese when she was talking to one of the guards. All the guards were speaking their native language as well. There was also one instance that a storekeeper spoke to Sousuke in Hong Kong in his native language as well. You might want to check it out, considering I don't now which language they spoke exactly. I just know that the language is of Chinese origin.
Old 2007-02-15, 02:45   Link #118
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
I know Mao spoke either Mandarin or Cantonese when she was talking to one of the guards. All the guards were speaking their native language as well. There was also one instance that a storekeeper spoke to Sousuke in Hong Kong in his native language as well. You might want to check it out, considering I don't now which language they spoke exactly. I just know that the language is of Chinese origin.
That's cool. What's even more cool is the DVD's bonus segments featuring location hunts in Hong Kong. It's too bad I won't be able to see those but it's not important anyway I guess.

Edit:
I just checked out YouTube and found that scene where Mao talks to the guard. Out of all her lines, I recognized only 2 words and that is "open the window." XD The rest was undecipherable. Can't blame her though.
Old 2007-02-15, 04:00   Link #119
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

just a little question...
anybody knows if there is any plans on making more FMP Anime?
or does the Manga stop after Second Raid too?
I just felt like there really was no ending there :/
I want more of FMP!!

Old 2007-02-15, 04:13   Link #120
Tomislav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areguzanda View Post
just a little question...
anybody knows if there is any plans on making more FMP Anime?
or does the Manga stop after Second Raid too?
I just felt like there really was no ending there :/
I want more of FMP!!
Eh, you just made a few "billion dollar" questions

Let's say that the Author makes books, not mangas. And yes, there are several books already published that can be animated anytime. And yes, we all hope there will be a lot more of FMP anime but nobody knows for sure, as things are now.

My personal opinion is that there will be more fmp anime, because there is a lot of material ready to be used for it, and the first series went pretty well also abroad (I speak for Italy) and people is just like you and me: wanting more of FMP

Tags
action, kadokawa, mecha, school life, shounen