Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-01-22, 22:15   Link #7801
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Spoiler for 350:

Thank God that's over. Can we go back to the adventuring or whatever now?
Actually,
Spoiler for 350:

It's times like this that I wished that the "fake" spoilers that were posted on 2ch were the real ones (in the case of 350, the fake spoilers talked about Luna/Shiori transferring to Mahora).
Old 2012-01-23, 01:11   Link #7802
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Actually,
Spoiler for 350:

It's times like this that I wished that the "fake" spoilers that were posted on 2ch were the real ones (in the case of 350, the fake spoilers talked about Luna/Shiori transferring to Mahora).
It's moves like this that just makes me go just... "What the Hell?" Seriously, that's it? Nothing in between? What about those talks Negi was gonna have with Makie, Yue & Nodoka? What about the resolve regarding the remaining girls that don't have a pactio card with him?

Nope, we just go straight to graduation time. Thank you, Akamatsu-sensei. You're starting to make me lose hope in what you do. That says something about the things he do.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 16:19   Link #7803
kwendy

Some old dialog in Skype (crappy translation from Russian)
Quote:
[15.08.2011 6:47:00] Danstep: Negi's sister isn't in love with Negi
[15.08.2011 6:47:16] Danstep: Only she is like that.
[15.08.2011 6:47:36] Kwendy: Such a confidence
[15.08.2011 6:47:54] Danstep: Well, probably not fell for him....
[15.08.2011 6:48:42] Kwendy: That concidering Negi crawling into girls beds, hugging Asuna, stripping her while she is asleep and trying to kiss her only on the basis of she remindes Nekane
[15.08.2011 6:49:27 | Edited 6:49:53] Danstep: SHI THAT'S IT! WHAT DID THIS PERVERTED HAG DID WITH NEGI FOR HIM TO DO ALL THIS STAFF UNCONSCIOUSLY!
WHO DID SHE CREATED!!!!!!!!!!
[15.08.2011 6:50:43] Kwendy: She wants to overtake the world, make it into love polygon for Negi's and then to manipulate the master of the harem
[15.08.2011 6:50:49] Danstep: In short - I am jealous Т_Т
Exactly... Her opinion will always be above even Chisame's... She certainly plotting something Т_Т
And making Negi into a living weapon.
[15.08.2011 6:52:21] Kwendy: The Lifemaker is in the past, the world shall belong to Nekane!
[15.08.2011 6:57:37 | Edited 6:58:01] Danstep: She was traning Negi since he was 4, shoved him books about combat magic, supported him. And in the nights did some other things for him to withstand the harem of more then thirty girls....
And noone shall ever notice anything...

Last edited by kwendy; 2012-01-23 at 16:32.
kwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 14:29   Link #7804
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for 350:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 18:32   Link #7805
Shadow5YA

Ugh... I don't like this. Asuna was asleep for a large portion of the Magic World arc, and now she has to go back to sleep again?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 19:48   Link #7806
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I'm a bit confused here... Where did Yue learn about Negi's project and that 100-year thing?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 20:00   Link #7807
DKN117

...Is Akamatsu losing his spark? Is he in some hurry to finish things sooner than we'd all like? Is he setting up a humongous trolling of the entire Negima fandom? Is he out of ideas?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 21:16   Link #7808
AlaAlba

haha, I also have to say I don't like it, I always look forward for the next chapter every week.... that was a few years ago
now? negima is just one of another manga I follow every week, not more.
oh a break? oh well. oh a sports festival? yeah right. oh negi is dead? oh right...
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 22:36   Link #7809
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

My take on this after thinking about it: I pretty much feel that Ken Akamatsu did screw up somewhere in the story with it resulting in some of the disappointment that I have with 350. However, the big question is: Where did he screw up? The three main possibilities:
Spoiler for Where Did Ken Akamatsu Go Wrong?:
Old 2012-01-25, 01:21   Link #7810
Merctrin
Immi

I still haven't gotten over the Setsuna/Tsukuyomi fiasco.
Merctrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 01:33   Link #7811
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Whatever else the silly arc that just passed was, I am glad of one thing: I am glad Akira has finally entered into a contract with Negi!

I was waiting a long time for that one....

In answer to one of TnAdct1's querries though ... for me the exact point that the manga kinda destructed was the timing with the movie release. I really felt that the deadlines from the movie and the manga coincided and the two endings (both in the movie and in the manga) while different were both rushed.

Everything up to the last conflict in the magic world (i.e. after Negi finally beat Fate) was enjoyable imo. But something happened right around that time....
Old 2012-01-25, 01:49   Link #7812
Sumeragi
Banned

I have a feeling we're not going to be seeing this end anytime soon. No plan goes according to the plan.....
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 04:37   Link #7813
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I have a feeling we're not going to be seeing this end anytime soon. No plan goes according to the plan.....
Spoiler for Hopes:

And I agree, trying to tie it with the movie, which turned out raping the manga material anyway, was a mistake.
Old 2012-01-25, 06:28   Link #7814
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Spoiler for Hopes:
Spoiler for Continuing:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 09:27   Link #7815
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

A bit? This story won't end until we know just what the freakin' hell happened to his parents. They can't just say "hey, btw your parents are XXX" in one speech bubble without elaboration.
Old 2012-01-25, 11:33   Link #7816
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
In answer to one of TnAdct1's querries though ... for me the exact point that the manga kinda destructed was the timing with the movie release. I really felt that the deadlines from the movie and the manga coincided and the two endings (both in the movie and in the manga) while different were both rushed.

Everything up to the last conflict in the magic world (i.e. after Negi finally beat Fate) was enjoyable imo. But something happened right around that time....
You're definitely right that part of the problem had to do with the movie, especially given the way the ending to the Magic World arc was severely rushed in order to have it done just before the film's release. Had production for the movie had not taken place, I could have easily seen a less slopppy version of the final conflict, a few aftermath chapters to clear up the loose threads (and to set up Asuna being sealed away for 100 years), and some of the worst moments from the period between the end of the Magic World arc and the time skip not taking place at all in the manga (I'm looking at you, Sports Fesitval arc).
Old 2012-01-26, 14:21   Link #7817
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Oh, my goodness. The most recent chapter actually made me tear up a bit. ^^; Those two girls. So stupid. So sweet.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 16:18   Link #7818
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

So Mahou Sensei Negima will end

and

Mahou DaiMaoh Negima will start.
Old 2012-01-26, 16:24   Link #7819
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Aren't we being a bit too fast in jumping to conclusions here? Asuna being sealed, even if it all does go correctly, doesn't automatically mean a 100 year timeskip. It just means Asuna exits the stage for a while. Horribly for people who like the character (me being one of them) but in no way preventing the story from continuing where it is now.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 17:56   Link #7820
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Aren't we being a bit too fast in jumping to conclusions here? Asuna being sealed, even if it all does go correctly, doesn't automatically mean a 100 year timeskip. It just means Asuna exits the stage for a while. Horribly for people who like the character (me being one of them) but in no way preventing the story from continuing where it is now.
Of course, if the events of the manga are going to follow in the footsteps of the Xebec anime and the neo manga, then it looks like we're about to reach the final storyline, which involves Negi trying to save Asuna from a certain fate (in this case being sealed away for 100 years).

Tags
action, fantasy