AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-28, 02:28   Link #41
kgptzac
Summoner of the Third Eye

Quote:
Overall though an excellent start. But the ton of characters could really be the shows biggest downside.Thankfully they all seem interesting and excellent realised in their own way, but as it's only 13 episodes how each of these 20 odd characters get fleshed out is going to be a huge task for the script writers. I wouldn't be surprised if this series has a second season by virtue of its sheer scale. We'll see.
So Baccano thread is still at Unaired section... I just watched the Chinese sub, and it definitely worth watching it (though i might consider switch to English subs for the character names if the Chinese subs being generally faster released...). Anyway, it's violent, brutal, thusly something can be attracting and perhaps beautiful. The Seiyuu list is pretty luxurious since I would just try out this show for Takehito being in it >__< and of course other CV aren't bad either. The music is fine and falls into the stereotype of 20's and 30's American shows =__=.

The sotry. I'm worrying about the same thing for cranking stuff up. I didn't like the "compacting" done in Mushi-uta as I think it has too much of gap everywhere especially in character development. Given the length Baccano certainly can make the same mistake, although Baccano's first episode has given me a much better impression than Mushi-uta. The center plot revolves a bunch of seemingly unrelated people being unable to be killed, which inheritedly attractive at least to me. Since I sense the whole show will be very fast paced I would actually consider watch the episode twice and watch the entire show altogether sometime after it finishes.

Only if the quality doesn't take a downward spiral like in some other shows. But I have trust in Baccano... (and I really want to hear Takehito's voice...)
kgptzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 12:48   Link #42
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I downloaded the raw though I know that I wouldn't understand a thing xD

But even if I just guessed whatever's going on (most of them I think are self-explanatory or the actions can show what they say) . . . I really find it awesome! I don't mind extreme violence and bloodshed in anime . . . so I enjoyed Baccano xD

I totally can't wait for the subs =3 OMG!
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 13:14   Link #43
Same_Shark

The ending theme, Calling, fits with the series. It's a very haunting song.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 13:21   Link #44
NeoSam

The first volume of the shounen manga (based on the shounen light novel) has been released yesterday (27/7/2007).
Cover:

Shounen manga.
Serialized in the shounen manga magazine Dengeki Comic Gao!
Old 2007-07-30, 09:50   Link #45
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
The first volume of the shounen manga (based on the shounen light novel) has been released yesterday (27/7/2007).
Cover:

Shounen manga.
Serialized in the shounen manga magazine Dengeki Comic Gao!
Waaahh . . .no Firo on the cover xD hehe . . .

Thanks for sharing the cover The art looks great If it's alright, is there a larger version of this? ^^;
Old 2007-08-01, 14:52   Link #46
Jerseykid

Compared to what i usually watch this anime should come with an instruction manual, I can see why the OP was the way it was at least now
Firo's voice sounds just like something else I am watching, Yoshimori from kekkaishi?
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 16:11   Link #47
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
First episode was damn good, if completely baffling.
Quoted for truth.

I am not really into mafia stories and not that fond of superpowers (or immortality or whatever it is in this case) but this series grabbed my attention from the start and kept it to the end...apart from some skipping back to the OP to see who is who. But I really like the art style and the seiuu list is too good to miss, so even if the story turns out not so great I guess I won't ber that disappointed with it all.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 18:09   Link #48
Elehayym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Compared to what i usually watch this anime should come with an instruction manual, I can see why the OP was the way it was at least now
Firo's voice sounds just like something else I am watching, Yoshimori from kekkaishi?
Yes, it's Yoshino Hiroyuki (I haven't watched Kekkaishi but checked seiyuu name and previous roles ^^; )

I just watched the first episode without knowing anything at all about it, and was really impressed. Not only animation and chara design are awesome but the story and characters seem really interesting too o: Definitely looking forward to more of it now. It's true that the huge cast is a bit confusing at start, but every character looks pretty unique, so I'm sure the confusion won't last too long
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 19:06   Link #49
karumofin

sweet, this one looks like tis going to get really good. i do hope it doesnt stay THAT confusing all the way through though, near the end it almost got exhausting to watch this...
also i loved the way they used violence, both times i was actually shocked, i guess because it was unexpected and scarcly used.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 19:11   Link #50
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
also i loved the way they used violence, both times i was actually shocked, i guess because it was unexpected and scarcly used.
And don't forget the goriness...
Spoiler for episode 1 bloody scenes:
Old 2007-08-01, 21:28   Link #51
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Holy freaking hell was that alot of characters. I feel like I need to read up on all of these people just to even approach making sense of that first episode...

On the plus side it had great music and overall style to put it mildly. Aslong as the story becomes abit more cohesive and the ridiculous amount of characters put to good use I may come to love this one.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 04:44   Link #52
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
very promising anime.
awaiting episode 2.

my only fear is that it s being made from an ongoing manga so the ending will prolly be either an open ending or an alternate ending that 99% of the time just plain and entierly suck.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 05:31   Link #53
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

The first ep's weird structure was interesting.The maffia stuff is a little cheesy but the characters look fun.

I will watch it.
Old 2007-08-02, 06:43   Link #54
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
very promising anime.
awaiting episode 2.

my only fear is that it s being made from an ongoing manga so the ending will prolly be either an open ending or an alternate ending that 99% of the time just plain and entierly suck.
ive checked up the wiki and i can tell you dont worry about that. theres about four times as much material then what will be shown in this anime.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 07:35   Link #55
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
4 times as much material then what will be shown in the anime...
then does that mean there will be like a huge lot of unanswered question? does that mean the plot will not be fully resolved when the serie will stop?

that s the reason why i m scared, an anime that will only deal with 1 part of the story.
i just hope the point they ll stop at will be decent.
i dont mean to sound pesimistic but after having seen many promising anime that failed to deliver just cause the books werent finished yet i have some reason to be slightly dubious.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 13:56   Link #56
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep2:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:21   Link #57
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Episode 1:

This, surprisingly, gave me a good first impression. I wasn't jarred with the amount of characters, although I have doubts that the series can flesh all of them out, I'm looking forward for a good story that (hopefully) delivers. We'll see.

Oh! Am I the only one psyched with the time period and setting? Early 20th century + America + mafias= I AM SOLD
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 05:51   Link #58
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Seen the raw and sub of eppie 1 . . . I'm in love with Baccano xD

I'm now downloading the raw of eppie 2 . . . .*waits impatiently*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka View Post
Oh! Am I the only one psyched with the time period and setting? Early 20th century + America + mafias= I AM SOLD
You're not alone xD Hehe xD but I'm more on the mafias part xD
Old 2007-08-03, 07:07   Link #59
max2k

I see no Rule "dont ask for raws" in this thread. So i think i am on the save side asking this questopn.

I am now loading a raw of episode one frome share, but dont manage to find one for episode 2. Can you please say me wher you load the 2nd?

I hope is it not one of the moyism (91mb) raws.
max2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 15:44   Link #60
taikx

hm.. i really like the choices in color ^^... i like my anime not too bright. Ah, and the reporter guy. Mafias = <3... ah, and i love how Firo tips his hat in the OP... can't get over that....

and raw i found was

http://www.btmon.com/Video/Unsorted/...w.torrent.html
taikx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, brains-base, crime, historical, shounen, supernatural