AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 11 7.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 17.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 27.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 39 26.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 21 14.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.68%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.68%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-20, 08:31   Link #21
7Th
Mixtape

Gundam00 keeps itself fairly unimpressive thus far, competent technically but still fairly soul-less and even forced to certain degree. Hopefully the fact that Setsuna is now established as a "cover-up" agent in Japan will amount for some decent character development.

Still, looks like next week the animation drops a notch...
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 08:33   Link #22
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The IRA was mentioned in the story, apparently, though not relevant to the main plot.

Today's main theme is
Spoiler:

I don't know which side CB is taking, but since they kill everyone, it probably doesn't matter that much.

Oh, and accroding to 2chan, the High Mobility Terien is 6 times as fast. Eat that Char!
So wait if it was colored red then it would be 18times faster then regular Tieren
Back to the topic I thought the battle between Graham and Setsuna ended too quickly though. It's interesting how they bring up the conflict in Ireland, which is happening today from what I know. Wonder if 00 would show more conflict that are similar to the conflict today.
Old 2007-10-20, 08:49   Link #23
inkphoenix
++ The FABULOUS ++

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Spoiler for BREASTS?:
I watch Gundam 00 episode 3 already...

Hmm...It's a cute episode Many cute scene in this episode.
Well animated in this week.But next week. Oh no! I hope this is a one scene in next episode is animation error. T_T

Spoiler for episode:

Next episode.White hair girl is here!.I can't wait because She's nice same Wangryumin.
inkphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 08:53   Link #24
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
Back to the topic I thought the battle between Graham and Setsuna ended too quickly though. .
This is what i feel also....the starting seems kinda abrupt also.....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 09:09   Link #25
Wen
Chocolate Filled

The episode was very busy...It was still pretty good, however. It's kind of hard to keep pace when the episode keep jumping around.
Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 10:31   Link #26
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Holy CRAP you know a guy's got this much guts when he does this.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...Large%2020.jpg

Reminds me of Zechs
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 10:47   Link #27
Blaat

So basically we have a middle eastern main character who can pilot a mecha, has a team mate who is a designated marksman
Spoiler:

wait... does this mean there's going to be a love triangle between Louise Halevy, Sumeragi and Setsuna?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 11:00   Link #28
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
So basically we have a middle eastern main character who can pilot a mecha, has a team mate who is a designated marksman
Spoiler:

Hey, at least he LOOKS like he has common sense about him, he has a neighbour of some significance in the show and he there isn't someone he's protecting...Or so it seems thus far.

Actually it doesn't seem so bad. IMO, at least you know he lives somewhere normal, and the other pilots probably are doing that as well under the guise of their aliases and fake primary occupations. I'd like to see how the lives of the four Meisters play out a little while they aren't out there fighting.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 11:04   Link #29
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

A pretty good episode. I like that the 3 power do try to know more about the Gundams and investigating the Celestial Being. If this is other series, they probably just do nothing until it's too late. I can see some anti Gundam MS coming soon.

Exia VS Flag is pretty exciting, although short. Graham is definitely interesting. His interest on Exia starts to become some sort of 'love' . The battle against Tieren High Mobility Type is good too. It doesn't seem very fast but is powerful. The Gundams seem to have weak armor, the Tieren HM almost crushes Exia's head during their battle. It's weird that Exia's GN Sword can't cut through Tieren's arm but the beam saber can.

The most hilarious scene in this episode: Dynames 'fighting' against the Workloaders

Tieria dislikes being on Earth and likes space. He also sees Setsuna as some unstable factor. Maybe one day this small tension will turn into a huge fight. Setsuna also has a thing against other MS touching his.

Finally there's some positive results from Celestial Being's armed intervention. Apparently they scare Ireland into stopping its war. The world is changing

The next episode looks interesting. We have more politics going on. Appearance of Union Realdo (the red MSs?), Dynames's new gun and Marina!
Old 2007-10-20, 11:05   Link #30
Kohitsuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post

Actually it doesn't seem so bad. IMO, at least you know he lives somewhere normal, and the other pilots probably are doing that as well under the guise of their aliases and fake primary occupations. I'd like to see how the lives of the four Meisters play out a little while they aren't out there fighting.
I'm sure the names Lockon and Allelujah won't raise eyebrows while they're laying low.
Kohitsuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 11:07   Link #31
Nvis
Where are the good animes

So is the truth revealed about white-hair?

I guess maybe next episode(when the person speaks).

Louise seems 'extra' special this episode.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 11:16   Link #32
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohitsuji View Post
I'm sure the names Lockon and Allelujah won't raise eyebrows while they're laying low.
What's to say that those aren't the only aliases they are using?

Well, not like I think anyone would really notice, since strange names go with weird people. I've got this feeling girls would be swooning too much over one of them to notice it anyway.
Old 2007-10-20, 11:18   Link #33
Elehayym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Spoiler:
The marksman teammate has also the same voice actor in both shows!

Anyway, I did like the episode, the fights were short but interesting enough and we get to see interesting bits about the characters. I actually think they're doing a good job with the characters, considering that they introduced a very big cast in the first few episodes - especially the enemies were very effective in this episode imho :O
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 11:20   Link #34
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Just watched the episode.

So now we've seen what Graham and Sergei can do. They can put up a fight if not a short one but that's expected since their suits are outmatched.

The High Mobility Tieren was signifcantly a lot faster than the ground pounding unit. It's armor was tough as Exia's blade couldn't cut through the arm when it was grabbing his head. In fact if I read it right, the Exia's armor was close to breaking point which means that these Tierens are quite powerful in terms of strength.

Though is it just me or is CB's killing rate quite low? Exia cuts the Tierens in half but this usually leaves the pilot unharmed(Since he's in the upper half). I have nothing against it, just that I noticed a lack of explosions.
Old 2007-10-20, 11:28   Link #35
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The killing rate is not low, it's just inconsistence. The explosion rate of this series seems pretty random. The last episode, everything explodes, even a slight hit is enough (Exia lands on an enemy and it explodes ), and in this episode, some explodes while some don't. I see Exia sliced a Tieren into two and it explodes, and then it slices another in the same manner, but this time only the lower part explodes. Weird
Old 2007-10-20, 11:33   Link #36
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Well yeah, what Lightning Zero meant.

I mean last episode we had Tierens blowing up when sliced in half. Now we get a different result. I suppose you could chalk it up to Random Chance.

The Tierens in this episode only had their lower half explode when sliced in the same manner. Sergei got lucky as Exia only sliced off his arms and right leg.

You can say character armor but when other grunts get the same treatment...
Old 2007-10-20, 11:36   Link #37
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I mean last episode we had Tierens blowing up when sliced in half. Now we get a different result. I suppose you could chalk it up to Random Chance.

The Tierens in this episode only had their lower half explode when sliced in the same manner. Sergei got lucky as Exia only sliced off his arms and right leg.

You can say character armor but when other grunts get the same treatment...
Plot device will probably never cease to exist in Gundam...Unless you include the original first Gundam series, of course.

Perhaps the randomness might be explained in the way how things explode. I'm not even close to being a novice in pyrotechnics, but what I think is that perhaps sometimes the reactions that cause explosions as parts of a suit get cut off might not occur, simply because they can't happen. Maybe one factor wasn't there, and what we get is simply a muted defeat from the grunt suit.
Old 2007-10-20, 11:39   Link #38
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Oh, Graham's zodiac sign is Virgo, if anyone cares
Old 2007-10-20, 11:40   Link #39
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Well the plot armor is irrelevant in that case. So in this case it's random chance. Some grunts survive, some grunts don't survive (I just mentioned the plot armor just for fun because grunts just don't get it at all)

But I do agree that not all things explode when attacked.

BTW, is it just me or does the preview show some sort of pink mobile suits?
Old 2007-10-20, 11:49   Link #40
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Hey, at least he LOOKS like he has common sense about him, he has a neighbour of some significance in the show and he there isn't someone he's protecting...Or so it seems thus far.

I'll probably puke my guts out laughing...
Spoiler:
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote