AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-10-12, 14:50   Link #9881
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Fignum?

It's obviously Forwards + Signum. /sarcasm

Seriously, at least think about it a little bit.
Old 2008-10-12, 15:01   Link #9882
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Fignum?

It's obviously Forwards + Signum. /sarcasm

Seriously, at least think about it a little bit.
Signum teaching Erio how to be a man? yummm
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 15:23   Link #9883
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Or Teana being a masochist and Signum being happy to oblige.

Definitely puts a pin on the Signum-punch, doesn't it?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 15:24   Link #9884
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Hey guys, quick question:

Is it acceptable to post a fanfic idea here for opinions and development and/or Plot Bunny Adoption instead of a developed fanfic chapter?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 15:27   Link #9885
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Hey guys, quick question:

Is it acceptable to post a fanfic idea here for opinions and development and/or Plot Bunny Adoption instead of a developed fanfic chapter?
yepper post away.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 16:10   Link #9886
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Okay, let's take the Nanoha timeline and wind the clock back to about a year after A's, before Nanoha has her accident.

There's an incident with one of the TSAB's member worlds which calls for immediate intervention by TSA forces, and Nanoha and the gang go along for the ride with the crew of the Arthra, which gets called in to provide support for the main force. The mission turns into all-out war, and at some point during the confrontation, Nanoha comes face-to-face with the head honcho of the enemy forces while she, the other Aces, and the Ground Forces are engaging the enemy, who is in possession of a particularly nasty Lost Logia about on par with the Book of Darkness in power. The Admiral in charge of the TSAB's main forces panics and pulls out as many troops as he can, while Nanoha goes head-to-head with the guy in question to stall his usage of the Logia for a while. The other Aces and the Wolks successfully retreat from the battlefield, but the guy in charge doesn't wait for Nanoha to disengage, and hits her and the guy she's fighting with an Arc en Ciel, claiming Nanoha to be an "acceptable loss". The others in Nanoha's group disagree very violently, but that's besides the point.

The Arc en Ciel operates by creating a massive translocation field with no single set destination, basically destroying whatever it hits by scattering it over several dimensions. There is, however, an extraordinarily faint chance--as in trillions to one--of a target caught in the attack's area of effect coming through the attack in one piece and simply being shifted several dimensions over. This is what happens to Nanoha; the AeC misplaces her many dimensions away from her starting point, to a part of rural Japan on Earth, as it happens.

Nanoha awakens some time later--at the beginning of the story, with everything before now being spoken of in intermittent flashbacks--with her head somewhat scrambled (amnesia, if you prefer, but the point is she's not entirely mentally unharmed by her translocation), a body that aches everywhere, and a girl who looks kind of like Suzuka standing over her with a puzzled look on her face. The girl helps Nanoha sit up and get her bearings. The two introduce themselves and Nanoha begins asking questions, chiefly "Where am I, exactly?"

The girl smiles and says "You're at the Furude Shrine!"

"Furude...?"

"In Hinamizawa!"

*Cue Comartemis laughing maniacally in the background as he comes up with the most evil crossover since EvaXGouki's 'Nanoha x Evangelion' crossover, while the camera pans up to reveal the hilltop shot of the village of Hinamizawa and the words 'Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni' write themselves into the screen*

For those who do not comprehend the idea as presented thus far, the base concept is placing Nanoha in a situation where her magic is of little use and the bonds of friendship she forges with those around her are strained to and beyond the breaking point. To this end, the situation presented in Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni is perfect if Nanoha replaces Keichii as the main character, going through variations on the Question and Answer arcs. The plot is the same as in Higurashi and HNNKNK, but Nanoha presents a completely different character to take through the scenarios which will result in a completely different sequence of events leading up to the end of the series.

This is mainly a character driven fic, with the focus being on how Nanoha reacts when she and people she cares about are under the influence of Hinamizawa Syndrome. Befriending people the old fashioned way won't work against this kind of rampant paranoia, so Nanoha can't just smack people back into being friends like she usually does, forcing her to develop her people skills a little more, because let's face it: Nanoha may be the sweetest, most caring girl you've ever met, but she has all the social skills of a brick, and she's going to need more than magic to solve the mystery and break the time loop.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 18:35   Link #9887
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Hmmm...

Just wondering, may I also leave a plotbunny/ get some feedback for two very insistent ones I currently have that won't leave me alone even though I haven't actually written anything concrete for them yet?

Also... I was wondering if I could get some feedback for my current MGLN works. How do I do that? Just post the links here and see what kind of responses they get?
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 18:43   Link #9888
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

You are welcome to post your ideas here and you may also link your works here, as long as they follow the rules.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 18:50   Link #9889
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
You are welcome to post your ideas here and you may also link your works here, as long as they follow the rules.
The highest rating I've got for 'em is K+ on Fanfiction.net, so I think they're all right...

Final Blow: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4536259/1/Final_Blow

Ghost: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4553643/1/Ghost

Innocence: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4563951/1/Innocence

Stars and Thunder: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4580230/1/Stars_and_Thunder

I'll wait for reactions to these before I start posting my ideas, since a couple of 'em are actually linked to these one-shots.
Old 2008-10-12, 19:01   Link #9890
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

^ I must say you have an interesting way of writing, even if it is one-shots. But it doesn't matter because I think that this style suits the story pretty well. It gives a sense of being there, reliving the events and I think you succeed on that. Continue to spawn more ideas, post your ideas here etc. This might turn into something good.

Old 2008-10-12, 19:08   Link #9891
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
^ I must say you have an interesting way of writing, even if it is one-shots. But it doesn't matter because I think that this style suits the story pretty well. It gives a sense of being there, reliving the events and I think you succeed on that. Continue to spawn more ideas, post your ideas here etc. This might turn into something good.
Actually, to be honest it's very rare for me to write from second-person perspective like I did for Final Blow and Ghost; the ideas just seemed to flow better that way. And thank you. ^__^

The only one of these that I'm looking to expand on (maybe) is Innocence.
Old 2008-10-12, 19:11   Link #9892
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
The only one of these that I'm looking to expand on (maybe) is Innocence.
Yes, as it is an AU, it allows you greater freedom. Go for that.

Old 2008-10-12, 19:13   Link #9893
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Yes, as it is an AU, it allows you greater freedom. Go for that.
I enjoy writing AU if only because it gives me more freedom as a writer to toy with the characters and the situations; actually, two more of my ideas are also AU. One of them is post A's after Nanoha's injury but with a different outcome, and the other is set post episode 17 of StrikerS (after Ginga was captured) with an AU take on the second half of StrikerS, focusing more on Ginga and the Numbers and Lutecia.
Old 2008-10-12, 19:18   Link #9894
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
I enjoy writing AU if only because it gives me more freedom as a writer to toy with the characters and the situations; actually, two more of my ideas are also AU. One of them is post A's after Nanoha's injury but with a different outcome, and the other is set post episode 17 of StrikerS (after Ginga was captured) with an AU take on the second half of StrikerS, focusing more on Ginga and the Numbers and Lutecia.
AU is (I think), the most usual type around here in FFT together with its more extreme version. You use kind of the same practice as me, using some canon to evolve an AU. Looking forward to more of your ideas.

Old 2008-10-12, 19:20   Link #9895
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Looking forward to more.
Does that mean I can let my rabid AU plotbunnies loose on you now?
Old 2008-10-12, 19:22   Link #9896
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
I don't think it can go up against the crazyness that usually reign here so shoot away.

Old 2008-10-12, 19:24   Link #9897
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
/raise hand

I guess I am another AU "writer" here. Let them loose so long you can make it work. If people like it, it's all the better.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 19:26   Link #9898
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkedcat View Post
Edit: pageclaim for math!
YOU! I miss my L!F quota. =p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Okay, let's take the Nanoha timeline and wind the clock back to about a year after A's, before Nanoha has her accident.

There's an incident with one of the TSAB's member worlds which calls for immediate intervention by TSA forces, and Nanoha and the gang go along for the ride with the crew of the Arthra, which gets called in to provide support for the main force. The mission turns into all-out war, and at some point during the confrontation, Nanoha comes face-to-face with the head honcho of the enemy forces while she, the other Aces, and the Ground Forces are engaging the enemy, who is in possession of a particularly nasty Lost Logia about on par with the Book of Darkness in power. The Admiral in charge of the TSAB's main forces panics and pulls out as many troops as he can, while Nanoha goes head-to-head with the guy in question to stall his usage of the Logia for a while. The other Aces and the Wolks successfully retreat from the battlefield, but the guy in charge doesn't wait for Nanoha to disengage, and hits her and the guy she's fighting with an Arc en Ciel, claiming Nanoha to be an "acceptable loss". The others in Nanoha's group disagree very violently, but that's besides the point.

The Arc en Ciel operates by creating a massive translocation field with no single set destination, basically destroying whatever it hits by scattering it over several dimensions. There is, however, an extraordinarily faint chance--as in trillions to one--of a target caught in the attack's area of effect coming through the attack in one piece and simply being shifted several dimensions over. This is what happens to Nanoha; the AeC misplaces her many dimensions away from her starting point, to a part of rural Japan on Earth, as it happens.

Nanoha awakens some time later--at the beginning of the story, with everything before now being spoken of in intermittent flashbacks--with her head somewhat scrambled (amnesia, if you prefer, but the point is she's not entirely mentally unharmed by her translocation), a body that aches everywhere, and a girl who looks kind of like Suzuka standing over her with a puzzled look on her face. The girl helps Nanoha sit up and get her bearings. The two introduce themselves and Nanoha begins asking questions, chiefly "Where am I, exactly?"

The girl smiles and says "You're at the Furude Shrine!"

"Furude...?"

"In Hinamizawa!"

*Cue Comartemis laughing maniacally in the background as he comes up with the most evil crossover since EvaXGouki's 'Nanoha x Evangelion' crossover, while the camera pans up to reveal the hilltop shot of the village of Hinamizawa and the words 'Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni' write themselves into the screen*

For those who do not comprehend the idea as presented thus far, the base concept is placing Nanoha in a situation where her magic is of little use and the bonds of friendship she forges with those around her are strained to and beyond the breaking point. To this end, the situation presented in Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni is perfect if Nanoha replaces Keichii as the main character, going through variations on the Question and Answer arcs. The plot is the same as in Higurashi and HNNKNK, but Nanoha presents a completely different character to take through the scenarios which will result in a completely different sequence of events leading up to the end of the series.

This is mainly a character driven fic, with the focus being on how Nanoha reacts when she and people she cares about are under the influence of Hinamizawa Syndrome. Befriending people the old fashioned way won't work against this kind of rampant paranoia, so Nanoha can't just smack people back into being friends like she usually does, forcing her to develop her people skills a little more, because let's face it: Nanoha may be the sweetest, most caring girl you've ever met, but she has all the social skills of a brick, and she's going to need more than magic to solve the mystery and break the time loop.
Well this looks very interesting. I say go for it!

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 19:53   Link #9899
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

WHOO!

... *cough*

Anyway, here's one of them, however I only have the bare bones of it and some outlines of character relationships. This one is set post A's after Nanoha is injured, but with a different ending. Basically, in my version she still recovers but her body is so fragile from the trauma and the bloodloss that she can never fly again and she can never use magic; or she can, but it won't take much to push her over the edge and cause her body to collapse again, and if she fails a second time there's no sure bet they can save her.

Nanoha then expresses an interest (or an urge) to try and learn swordfighting like Kyouya and Miyuki, but again, her body is too fragile for it as swordfighting is mainly hand-to-hand combat and... well, yeah, she can't handle a lot of hits. In an attempt to help their daughter the Takamachi family send her to England where she is taken in by two childhood friends of Miyuki and Kyouya, Fiasse Crystera and Elise McGaren. Nanoha herself is taken in by Elise and trained in gun fighting, and the two live on as Fiasse's bodyguards.

Fast foward six years later (like A's). Nanoha is fifteen and quite happy, especially that Fiasse, despite dangerous conditions forcing her to do so, has hired Kyouya and Miyuki to help guard her as she is being attacked by an unseen enemy. However, this enemy has also attracted the attention of the Administration, and Nanoha never told anyone where she was going... thus setting her on a crash course with friends she hasn't seen in six years.

I'm aware of some plotholes and trying to figure them out right now. Also, yes, Fiasse is from the Triangle Heart game; Elise is a character from the OVA. I tweaked their backgrounds and whatnot a bit for the story, but here's what I have for them:

Elise: A serious, quiet woman the same age as Kyouya and Fiasse's bodyguard. She took Nanoha in and has been watching over her ever since. Despite her serious personality and strict rules she is in fact very loving to Nanoha and views her as a younger sister; when Nanoha was younger they used to go on motorcyle rides together to mimic the feeling of flying, though now Nanoha is old enough to do it herself. Elise is extremely protective of her friends and holds a special contempt for the Administration and magic in general; it is later revealed that as a child she was used in an experiment to create an "artifical mage" before the events of Project Fate. However, the idea backfired when Elise couldn't handle the overload of magic in her body and went beserk, attacking anything that moved and killing several people in the process. To this day she still harbors the magic in her body, though she keeps it severely under check. (This is a 'magical' spin on her original past in Triangle Heart, where she was responsible for the death of Nanoha's father)

Fiasse: A kind young woman who is only a few years older than Kyouya and principal of Crystera Music School in her mother's stead; however, she in in truth a mage and one of the last in an ancient line to use songs and chants to activate her attacks. Her device, Sweet Song, bears the form of a cross that she wears around her neck (I haven't figured out its final form yet, nor whether it's male or female; I know it calls her 'ma'am' and that's about it). Her attacks are mainly wind-based and vary in strength depending on how long the activation song/chant is; the longer the song, the more powerful and complex the attack. She has many of the shorter songs memorized, while the longer songs flow through her head naturally when she needs them most. It is speculated that this mystery person is targeting her because of the "forgotten song" of her kind; a song said to be capable of bringing back the dead and reversing time itself.

And that's it for the first one. Thoughts? Comments? Critiques?
Old 2008-10-12, 20:07   Link #9900
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
I'm also one that writes many AU stories. Hell, check my FF.net account (of the same name) or my OC stuff (link is in my sig) and you'll see the craziness.

Edit: Gwargh you ninja posted me.

Quote:
WHOO!

... *cough*

Anyway, here's one of them, however I only have the bare bones of it and some outlines of character relationships. This one is set post A's after Nanoha is injured, but with a different ending. Basically, in my version she still recovers but her body is so fragile from the trauma and the bloodloss that she can never fly again and she can never use magic; or she can, but it won't take much to push her over the edge and cause her body to collapse again, and if she fails a second time there's no sure bet they can save her.

Nanoha then expresses an interest (or an urge) to try and learn swordfighting like Kyouya and Miyuki, but again, her body is too fragile for it as swordfighting is mainly hand-to-hand combat and... well, yeah, she can't handle a lot of hits. In an attempt to help their daughter the Takamachi family send her to England where she is taken in by two childhood friends of Miyuki and Kyouya, Fiasse Crystera and Elise McGaren. Nanoha herself is taken in by Elise and trained in gun fighting, and the two live on as Fiasse's bodyguards.

Fast foward six years later (like A's). Nanoha is fifteen and quite happy, especially that Fiasse, despite dangerous conditions forcing her to do so, has hired Kyouya and Miyuki to help guard her as she is being attacked by an unseen enemy. However, this enemy has also attracted the attention of the Administration, and Nanoha never told anyone where she was going... thus setting her on a crash course with friends she hasn't seen in six years.

I'm aware of some plotholes and trying to figure them out right now. Also, yes, Fiasse is from the Triangle Heart game; Elise is a character from the OVA. I tweaked their backgrounds and whatnot a bit for the story, but here's what I have for them:

Elise: A serious, quiet woman the same age as Kyouya and Fiasse's bodyguard. She took Nanoha in and has been watching over her ever since. Despite her serious personality and strict rules she is in fact very loving to Nanoha and views her as a younger sister; when Nanoha was younger they used to go on motorcyle rides together to mimic the feeling of flying, though now Nanoha is old enough to do it herself. Elise is extremely protective of her friends and holds a special contempt for the Administration and magic in general; it is later revealed that as a child she was used in an experiment to create an "artifical mage" before the events of Project Fate. However, the idea backfired when Elise couldn't handle the overload of magic in her body and went beserk, attacking anything that moved and killing several people in the process. To this day she still harbors the magic in her body, though she keeps it severely under check. (This is a 'magical' spin on her original past in Triangle Heart, where she was responsible for the death of Nanoha's father)

Fiasse: A kind young woman who is only a few years older than Kyouya and principal of Crystera Music School in her mother's stead; however, she in in truth a mage and one of the last in an ancient line to use songs and chants to activate her attacks. Her device, Sweet Song, bears the form of a cross that she wears around her neck (I haven't figured out its final form yet, nor whether it's male or female; I know it calls her 'ma'am' and that's about it). Her attacks are mainly wind-based and vary in strength depending on how long the activation song/chant is; the longer the song, the more powerful and complex the attack. She has many of the shorter songs memorized, while the longer songs flow through her head naturally when she needs them most. It is speculated that this mystery person is targeting her because of the "forgotten song" of her kind; a song said to be capable of bringing back the dead and reversing time itself.

And that's it for the first one. Thoughts? Comments? Critiques?
Nanoha with guns as opposed to beamspam sounds rather scary. Befriending suddenly became a lot more dangerous >_>

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha