Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-06, 19:16   Link #1641
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Itsuno describes working with Ninja Theory.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/30/393...ja-theory-that

Is it just me, or is there a slight blame-game going on underneath all that politeness?
It feels like at first they're working closely, then NT couldn't get what Capcom wanted and Crapcom just let them be checking every 2 months.
It's like leaving your kids with a bad baby sitter if you ask me.
Old 2013-02-08, 12:48   Link #1642
demino_hellsin
That one guy

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-...y-cry/65391227

I don't want to beat a dead horse or trash this game or anyone involved... But this is just Shakespearean!
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 19:17   Link #1643
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
LOL Nice Castlevania parody there, made my day.

Quote:
Anti: you don't belong in this franchise.

NT: it was not by my hand that i was again given cash, i was called here by capcom, who wish to pay me for a sequel.

Anti: sequel? you steal the franchise' soul, and make casuals your slaves.

NT: perhaps the same could be said of all game developers.

Anti: your words are as empty as your games, Devil may cry ill need a capable developer, unlike you!

NT: What is a video game developer?! a miserable little pile of business men, but enough talk....Have at you !! Wub Wub Wub!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-TPhBIuTJc
Old 2013-02-09, 18:38   Link #1644
Lummie

Was looking for the vids about the silver keys whereabouts in the game but is it me or are there actually more glitch/bug videos on Youtube then gameplay?

To name a few from just this week:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

Will NT bring out a patch or something?
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 19:20   Link #1645
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Here's a fanart to sum up the plot of DmC

http://sadpanda.us/images/1399164-F2Z7JF6.jpg
Old 2013-02-09, 20:19   Link #1646
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Itsuno describes working with Ninja Theory.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/30/393...ja-theory-that

Is it just me, or is there a slight blame-game going on underneath all that politeness?
I couldn't really sense it really? It sounded more like Cashcom having to clean up NT mess and smiling about it when they're doing it. It seemed that poor management and lack of clarity on direction played a part here, but that's what I got from the article. Just being honest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Am I the only one who enjoyed DMC3's story a lot? and I mean a lot?
Still my favourite DMC game and story. God I love that electrical demon guitar scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
It feels like at first they're working closely, then NT couldn't get what Capcom wanted and Crapcom just let them be checking every 2 months.
It's like leaving your kids with a bad baby sitter if you ask me.
Regardless of how bad leaving them with a "sitter" was. It still doesn't change the fact that we're still getting a sequel to a DMC that evidently, many people, were unhappy with. Plus, they went from 2 to 1.2 million. This like with FF13 all over again and... this just kills me inside.
Old 2013-02-09, 20:40   Link #1647
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^Imho they won't. They just killed the reboot with a buggy game and a DLC ending with Vergil.
Even if they announced they would, I think sales said they cannot risk to lose money again over with NT.

I think Ca$hcom might go back to the original series since in Japan sales where sh*t. Hell even DMC-HD is selling better than this one.

EDIT

Looks like Nero

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2013-02-09 at 20:52.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 21:48   Link #1648
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post

Regardless of how bad leaving them with a "sitter" was. It still doesn't change the fact that we're still getting a sequel to a DMC that evidently, many people, were unhappy with. Plus, they went from 2 to 1.2 million. This like with FF13 all over again and... this just kills me inside.
I wonder if 800k less means a comercial failure by todays standards.

The difference doesn't seem that glaring.

Last edited by Tong; 2013-02-09 at 23:13.
Tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 22:34   Link #1649
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I remember when Tales of Xillia sold 500k in Japan during its first week, it was considered a huge success.

Different yardstick I suppose...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 23:21   Link #1650
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
I remember when Tales of Xillia sold 500k in Japan during its first week, it was considered a huge success.

Different yardstick I suppose...
Could it have to do with the fact that JRPGs sell pretty if not extremely well on their home court? I wonder if that's why they're generally reluctant to send their RPG's overseas since it took a while to confirm a NA port for Xillia.
Old 2013-02-09, 23:29   Link #1651
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ah I forgot to mention that it was also a console exclusive while DmC has multiple ports.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 23:33   Link #1652
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^Imho they won't. They just killed the reboot with a buggy game and a DLC ending with Vergil.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did it. They already have overlooked popular opinion by the time people started saying they didn't like the changes. They went down this road regardless.

My guess is, despite the relatively bad sales, they could probably hope for a sequel to sell well if they expect the positive reviews they've got from gaming journalists to have an effect in their favour in the mid-long run, and they could always start some marketing campaign to try to attract potential new customers, and keep exercising some damage control and see if they can have some of the original fans back.
Old 2013-02-09, 23:34   Link #1653
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Ah I forgot to mention that it was also a console exclusive while DmC has multiple ports.
Interesting, and it's to be expected since like I said JPRG's do really well over there and Playstation is sort of the staple for most popular RPG titles ie Final Fantasy etc.

Quote:
I wonder if 800k less means a comercial failure by todays standards.

The difference doesn't seem that glaring.
Considering they went from 5mil to 2mil and now 1.2mil is just to me them just refusing to accept that the game won't reach their secondary sales target and is just attempting to use slight close numbers to even the odds, so to speak.
Old 2013-02-10, 01:46   Link #1654
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they did it. They already have overlooked popular opinion by the time people started saying they didn't like the changes. They went down this road regardless.

My guess is, despite the relatively bad sales, they could probably hope for a sequel to sell well if they expect the positive reviews they've got from gaming journalists to have an effect in their favour in the mid-long run, and they could always start some marketing campaign to try to attract potential new customers, and keep exercising some damage control and see if they can have some of the original fans back.
Dunno but if they keep shoving something not like by fanbase and everyone they got a problem. I'm awaiting the DmC movie if it's true.

http://asia.gamespot.com/dmc-devil-m...face-65391727/
Quote:
[IMG]DMC is not a bad game. It's just published by a very bad company. Here are the stats: -DMC debuted in the UK at #1 but quickly dropped out of the top 5 and is now out of the top 10 -As of today, DMC is not in Amazon's top 100 on the 360 nor in the top 80 on the PS3 -According to VG Chartz (yeah, not the most reliable data but still a decent indicator), after about a month in the wild, DMC hasn't even moved 700K worldwide -Anything that hurts Capcom is not a bad thing People will inevitably respond "but if it doesn't sell well, Capcom won't make any more DMC games!!!!11111" To which I reply that I'm willing to let a favored franchise go on long term hiatus (Capcom will NEVER completely shutter DMC) if it hurts arguably the most consumer unfriendly video game company in existence. As for me, I bought DMC used (not from Gamestop) and have enjoyed it immensely. Not only for the gameplay (although the drop to 30 frames is not ideal) but knowing that I am playing a great hack and slash game while enjoying the fact that Capcom got none of my money in the process. I will most likely sell or trade DMC to the next consumer to pass along a great experience while also letting someone else not put their money in Capcom's undeserving pocket. P.S. DMC's sales flop does not bode well for Revengeance, a similar hack and slash game designed and published by two far more consumer friendlier companies. Unlike DMC, I will buy Revengeance day 1 brand new because I have no problem en
suring that Platinum and Konami get my money for their hard work.[/IMG]
Old 2013-02-10, 07:39   Link #1655
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Sometimes it needs to take a break, or a long break. I believe popular franchise won't be forgotten, as I used to give up on a proper Total Annihilation sequel, just to surprised by the Planetary Annihilation project, or with the recently announced Age of Wonders 3. Therefore it's not bad to have a popular title be on hiatus for a while.
Old 2013-02-10, 08:07   Link #1656
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I personally think that Capcom has just lost it. They're better off moving on to other IP's. Their current way of handling long standing series they have no idea how to continue is just hurting the overall franchises. By moving on to other IP's they can probably stop getting all the heat from milking stuff that was given to them by talented dev's who've left the company for what it's become. It's a "bad company" either way of choice they make, but by stopping this show of milking series' then at least they can salvage their reputation. Newer IP's aren't doing so well because the content is very very half-baked 90% of the time. They can put in that much effort to a known title and get twice or thrice the sales probably. By working on a new IP and trying to make it sell as high as their famous series' they might be able to create a new legendary product as well as return some form of devotion to quality. As it stands, everything I've said is probably impossible and will be rendered moot and pointless by the internet.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 11:26   Link #1657
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

It also doesn't help that many of their important producers are just ragequitting.

But also, which developers are still being succesful at launching newer sequels for older franchises?
Old 2013-02-10, 14:01   Link #1658
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

There's always the buy it used or borrow it from a friend option. Or either one of the two.
Old 2013-02-10, 14:08   Link #1659
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

He's going to torrent it, it's written all over that sentence lol
Old 2013-02-10, 14:12   Link #1660
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Ah, right. That works too. People have done for Amnesia so no complaints there. Or was it originally an internet download game?... Oh well doesn't seem that relevant to me.