AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-01-24, 07:42   Link #5141
Amario

Well Aoi pretty much told Oga straight, even as far as confessing to him but I don't think he was listening when she way saying it since Satan appeared right behind her....
Hilda is back! and once more the father and son duo are back together! should be awesome what happens next.

Another note was surprised by the ranking that Beelzebub is getting.....
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 07:57   Link #5142
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

~_~ if this will ended prematurely, I'm still curious of Behemoth's real power (only a glimpse how powerful really is.... and also I'm also curious on his speculation about Furuichi before [when he fought Oga] ) tsk... this is the problem when a manga will be getting axed lots of question will be left.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-01-24, 15:05   Link #5143
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Curse you! How DARE you interrupt Nee-san at the most crucial moment!
Old 2014-01-24, 15:08   Link #5144
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I kinda get the feeling when everyone gets de-petrified Oga will look at Aoi and btw what was that you were saying before you got turned to rock? and she will go back to our normal shy queen.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 15:14   Link #5145
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Or he will not understand what she meant.
Shounen protags are almost always like that... still, it felt good to see her confess ;P
Old 2014-01-24, 15:23   Link #5146
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Or he will not understand what she meant.
Shounen protags are almost always like that... still, it felt good to see her confess ;P
If he understood then that means the series is really going to end soon, if not... there is still a chance it might end, but there is a bigger chance it will continue on.
Old 2014-01-24, 15:23   Link #5147
Amario

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I kinda get the feeling when everyone gets de-petrified Oga will look at Aoi and btw what was that you were saying before you got turned to rock? and she will go back to our normal shy queen.
Most likely this will happen. After all if you look back when she is confessing his focus was on Satan behind Aoi.
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 15:26   Link #5148
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Chances are she'll be the one to propose to him...

And the Misaki beats the snot out of him, saying that he has to do it.
Old 2014-01-24, 15:30   Link #5149
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
If he understood then that means the series is really going to end soon, if not... there is still a chance it might end, but there is a bigger chance it will continue on.
If that happens, I will go to the Church and tell the Priest that I want to thank God because Beelzebub's father accepted/rejected a love confession from his schoolmate ;P (okay, I really do want to do this...)
Old 2014-01-24, 15:34   Link #5150
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Beelzebub ain't ending until there a proper wedding for Hilda and Oga!
Old 2014-01-24, 15:37   Link #5151
Noble101

OGAXHILDA ENDING is my hope
Noble101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 18:56   Link #5152
Casshern

OgaxAoi, or did you not see the confession that got Oga to call for Beel?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 20:31   Link #5153
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

It's following hitman reborn route. This series was also fun to read but suddenly turned into serious tone and then ended. Beelzebub is also going through same phase. I am expecting to see "the end" text before summer.
Old 2014-01-25, 00:20   Link #5154
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Not always, long standing series often times get a pass on this "last place axing" deal they usually have. Newer series, even those ranked one or two spots ahead of much older/longer series are often cut first.
You have to take into account that while at the start a manga usually survives mostly on its popularity within the magazine, eventually things like merchandising and anime adaptations and so on start to help out the series stay clear of an axe.

Although Beelzebub doesn't have an anime anymore (a sure-fire way of not getting axed) and is currently in the bottom of the weekly rankings, it's still a popular series that held top spots for a while now. That doesn't necessarily mean it can't/won't get axed but it does give it an edge over newer series when spots are needed in the magazine.
It's also possible it could continue in another magazine, change from weekly to monthly, or maybe the writer/artist are just on good terms with the magazine and have worked something out to let it conclude within a reasonable time. It could also be revamped to try and draw in more readers. Also while it isn't in high rankings, that doesn't mean it's not pulling cash in through other sources like merchandising. So it may not profitable in itself, but it has a supportive enough ecosystem to justify keeping awareness going through the manga.

Not much different than anime, really. There's tons of poor selling anime that only exist because of deals, friendships, and/or merchandising offsetting the costs of production.

Anyway, I've seen zero announcements of a cancellation and this isn't the first time rumors like this have spread for popular manga. So I'd definitely take it with a grain of salt.
Old 2014-01-25, 02:59   Link #5155
zibi88

It would be funny if at the end after defeating satan... people dont return back from beign stone... and it will turn out that the only way to cure them is beels urine xD which is said to heave some healing properties.... so this time he has to flood the whole town with urine (not just ocean like last time) XD

but aoi can only be healed by a kiss.... this one would be a hard one for oga...as he is too shy for such stuff... like last time when yolda teased him about kissing hilda to bring back her memories he destroyed the computer...sacred yolda shitless and pretended that the quetion never landed xD

and the funny part would be that the urine did work for aoi too but satan had to use more power on her so it takes a little longer for healing then the rest... and people were just teasing oga about kissing aoi statue...and he buys that and does the kissing but it turns out that as he does that she is already not a statue and kisses the already alive aoi xD

well there are many ways to end manga... like iris moves in next to ogas house... so bell is staying with mother (and hilda who takes care of iris) and is close to oga so no death-shock for oga... aoi gets to win and both are going out by misakis aproval :P....furuichi with nene (while alendion crys at night that taka choiced someone else xd)

anyway we will see how it turns out...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 08:00   Link #5156
blade82

i hope we can see for the next arc a trip to the demon world or something with the other Hilda
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 08:14   Link #5157
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

What makes me sad is that it is going to end without us seeing the awesome face of Demon Lord :<
Old 2014-01-25, 08:31   Link #5158
Casshern

I will be happy if this manga ends after this arc or maybe after one more as an epilogue. I've never felt let down at all by the pace or storytelling throughout the whole series. Unlike a couple of other shounen manga that have continued for so long that they've become outright idiotic, I will greatly respect the creators if they decide to end Beelzebub here. It's had a beginning, a middle, and it's at a good place to have an end.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 14:59   Link #5159
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It's also possible it could continue in another magazine, change from weekly to monthly, or maybe the writer/artist are just on good terms with the magazine and have worked something out to let it conclude within a reasonable time. It could also be revamped to try and draw in more readers. Also while it isn't in high rankings, that doesn't mean it's not pulling cash in through other sources like merchandising. So it may not profitable in itself, but it has a supportive enough ecosystem to justify keeping awareness going through the manga.
Better selling Manga didn't get such a treatment (including those that hit top 15 best selling Manga in year they were canceled) so don't expect more than maybe a few chapters in Jump NEXT. Beelzebub whose ratings and sales were both mediocre won't get any special treatment, especially not from the most brutal magazine in the Manga industry.

Quote:
Not much different than anime, really. There's tons of poor selling anime that only exist because of deals, friendships, and/or merchandising offsetting the costs of production.
Thats what makes WSJ so special in this industry: they don't allow that to happen unless you are someone on whom they depended over decades (like Togashi and Kokehime). That brutality is what made them the most popular magazine in the first place.

Quote:
Anyway, I've seen zero announcements of a cancellation and this isn't the first time rumors like this have spread for popular manga. So I'd definitely take it with a grain of salt.
In WSJ, cancellation is announced only if around 3 chapters remain... and thats if they feel like it. Often however, they just say "This has been the final chapter, goodbye guys!"

I'd like to be optimistic as this is one of the last few WSJ series I still read (and the only one I honestly enjoy), but I we have seen many times how WSJ treats even its former hits. Beelzebub will most likely end with Satan's and Fuji's defeat.
Old 2014-01-25, 23:47   Link #5160
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

No doubt, WSJ has a reputation for being brutal to their mangas, I was just trying to offer some optimism against the doom and gloom fears that Beelzebub might be ending soon. As a long time manga reader, I know the fear and frustration of seeing titles you like get rushed or left unfinished because of publisher problems.

I think some of this fear is being led by a number of titles ending or nearing their end soon, however. Rumors like this tend to pop up a lot, so like I said, I take it with some skepticism even if there is a history of it happening.

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence