5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-08-24, 23:58   Link #21
paladinenvec

Hmm i think that the chapter was really good, the pacing was fine i wonder why people thought that it was feeling slow, to me at the very least it was fine, probably a matter of tastes maybe?.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 00:25   Link #22
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
Hmm i think that the chapter was really good, the pacing was fine i wonder why people thought that it was feeling slow, to me at the very least it was fine, probably a matter of tastes maybe?.
For me, it was that the show went from "We just captured the Female Titan! Let's find out who is inside!" to ten minutes of all of the other characters just standing there while they puzzled out Erwin's thought processes. The previous episode reached a climax, the tension from which was not really dissipated normally. (An alliterative term involving the color blue comes to mind.) For a couple of minutes while the talking heads were going on, I thought that maybe they were just building up more tension by having the characters relax, and then there would be a surprise attack, but after a couple of more minutes it was just more talking... and then still more talking on top of that.

I recognize that it was important to have the other characters get into Erwin's head a bit, but... I waited a week for them to try to crack open the Female Titan, and I got fifteen minutes of talking heads first.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 00:47   Link #23
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
For me, it was that the show went from "We just captured the Female Titan! Let's find out who is inside!" to ten minutes of all of the other characters just standing there while they puzzled out Erwin's thought processes. The previous episode reached a climax, the tension from which was not really dissipated normally. (An alliterative term involving the color blue comes to mind.) For a couple of minutes while the talking heads were going on, I thought that maybe they were just building up more tension by having the characters relax, and then there would be a surprise attack, but after a couple of more minutes it was just more talking... and then still more talking on top of that.

I recognize that it was important to have the other characters get into Erwin's head a bit, but... I waited a week for them to try to crack open the Female Titan, and I got fifteen minutes of talking heads first.
I think we got a lot of character development for commander Erwin from all the conversations because it prove he a great leader and a wonderful strategist. We also learn he was willing to do anything to improve mankind change of survival no matter the cost.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 01:31   Link #24
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Intense episode!

Erwin's plan to capture the Female Titan/mole was a success.
Too bad he didn't count on the Female to give a call for the other Titans to come and eat her.
And now that mole is attacking Levi's squad.
Old 2013-08-25, 02:44   Link #25
Parchevich

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
There are a few things that bothered me this episode.

1) They mentioned that they did not know where Krista was, and then she appears in the end.
2) Mikasa mentioned that Armin predicted that Eren was in the mid-back of the formation, yet I don't believe she met up with Armin at any point in the expedition.
3) The supposed female titan human form person in the end has a Recon Corp uniform.

For the third point, I believe that it is another traitor, and not necessarily the female titan in human form. To prepare clothes, she would have needed to place it somewhere where she can access it, and which she could have worn it, but it seems unlikely with the hood and cape. Also, every time Eren transforms, he loses his 3D gear. Hence, if she has 3D gear, she would have stashed it somewhere in the forest, assuming she knew that they would end up in the forest. So yeah, I think this traitor is a different person.
She might have scavenged an uniform and maneuver gear from one of the dead. It's not like the RC would have had the time or ability to gather and bring all corpses back with them.
Parchevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 02:55   Link #26
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Episode 20

Back to plan A... what a disaster.... She's no Titan! She's a mutant!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 03:01   Link #27
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
3) The supposed female titan human form person in the end has a Recon Corp uniform.

For the third point, I believe that it is another traitor, and not necessarily the female titan in human form. To prepare clothes, she would have needed to place it somewhere where she can access it, and which she could have worn it, but it seems unlikely with the hood and cape. Also, every time Eren transforms, he loses his 3D gear. Hence, if she has 3D gear, she would have stashed it somewhere in the forest, assuming she knew that they would end up in the forest. So yeah, I think this traitor is a different person.
This has already been mentioned, but Eren's just a beginner. This female titan person seems to be much more adept at using the form, so perhaps she can transform while keeping the gear intact. As for the clothes, she either could have scavenged the cape, or just prepared it beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
So next episode we will finally, for the first time, see a 3DMG vs 3DMG fight? Interesting. Eren's 3DMG titan kill count is still 0 though.
If that hidden person is the female titan I think she will transform again. She has much more of an advantage in titan form than in human form against some of the best members of the recon squad without the element of surprise.
Old 2013-08-25, 04:22   Link #28
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by zRichard View Post
>Mikasa mentioned that Armin predicted that Eren was in the mid-back of the formation, yet I don't believe she met up with Armin at any point in the expedition.

That wouldn't be such a glaring plot hole if the line hadn't been so badly translated.

Manga fan-TLd version is: "Armin's supposed to be to be around the back of the central rows, and Eren is likely to be, uh... Where was it again?"
Unfortunately, the anime translation wasn't wrong. Mikasa really did say "Didn't Armin mention Eren was in the center rear?" She said the exact same words in the Raw Japanese version of the manga as well. So it's actually the manga translation that was wrong. This is a plot hole. In consequential, but a plot hole.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 06:27   Link #29
ookamigirl

Feels like they're wasting too much time on the road.
It should be about time they arrived to that basement.
And now they even took a break in the forest..
The idea of a spy among them seems plausible enough.
Wonder who it'll turn out to be in the end.
The female titan's strategy was rather shocking.
Even more shocking was the appearance of the traitor.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 06:36   Link #30
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

prepare your maneuver gear, these commanders are somehow psychic

this would mean that levi would be fighting FT sometime soon. and to be fair, this episode was titled "Erwin Smith". so all those people talking about him seems appropriate.

it was interesting to see the titan's herd instincts. from the start I was thinking that they were just machines on autopilot, but it looks like they could learn, like climbing trees, and then with just 1 scream from another titan they become abnormal and go after that titan.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 07:13   Link #31
AntonKutovoi

After this episode I consider Erwin to be the best Daisuke Ono's role so far (well, at least until Stardust Crusaders shall be animated). Great commander's voice
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 10:28   Link #32
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
I really liked the Titan's scream. It sounded terrible; like how a book would describe a sound that could make everyone shiver in fear.

There's too much worthless chat imo. Most of the episode seems wasted.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 10:35   Link #33
yankky5

Man, the hwacha certainly is cool if they ever beat the titans maybe the survey corp can have a healthy life style of hunting whales if they ever reach the sea..... anyway as I said this before but screw them for having no two way radio!!
Old 2013-08-25, 10:38   Link #34
BoyTitan

Quote:
There are a few things that bothered me this episode.

1) They mentioned that they did not know where Krista was, and then she appears in the end.
2) Mikasa mentioned that Armin predicted that Eren was in the mid-back of the formation, yet I don't believe she met up with Armin at any point in the expedition.

Either way, this episode was exciting. If the titans were ignoring the corp, I wonder why they didn't just chase after them and cut them down? So does this mean that the female titan cannot control the normal titans, and they all chase human titans regardless of who is inside? Or did she specifically give them all a command when she yelled?

I'm looking forward to the Levi versus assassin next week.
Maybe she just ate some one with 3DMG titans don't digest what they eat remember :v.
Old 2013-08-25, 10:54   Link #35
ReddyRedWolf

I have to bring this out of my chest...

Levi you ass! You had to just provoke the Female Titan indulging in schadenfreude.

Now the operation messed up in more ways than I can count. You just had to taunt Murphy!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 11:16   Link #36
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I have to bring this out of my chest...

Levi you ass! You had to just provoke the Female Titan indulging in schadenfreude.

Now the operation messed up in more ways than I can count. You just had to taunt Murphy!
He had to try to get her out of the titan somehow. It could have convinced her to get out of the titan to try to escape.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2013-08-25 at 13:02.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 11:45   Link #37
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I really liked the Titan's scream. It sounded terrible; like how a book would describe a sound that could make everyone shiver in fear.

There's too much worthless chat imo. Most of the episode seems wasted.
I believe attack on titan isn't just a series based on fighting. It a mystery and action manga at the same time. And yes it a pain to wait for it weekly but each episode make us wanting more, thus it a good anime.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 11:49   Link #38
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
it was interesting to see the titan's herd instincts. from the start I was thinking that they were just machines on autopilot, but it looks like they could learn, like climbing trees, and then with just 1 scream from another titan they become abnormal and go after that titan.
I guess this episode puts the ep 18 discussion about humans living on trees to rest. :P
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 11:59   Link #39
richardtengcy

I`m pretty mindfuck that Nanaba is a female in the anime cuz i`m pretty sure in the manga that this character is a male.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 13:08   Link #40
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
I`m pretty mindfuck that Nanaba is a female in the anime cuz i`m pretty sure in the manga that this character is a male.
The Shingeki no Kyojin Wikia says Nanaba is a female.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote