AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-22, 02:59   Link #101
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Will you get your wish by contracting with frustra?
That depends. I have a list of characters on my list other than Ika-chan, such as Hinagiku and Shana.
Old 2011-06-22, 06:08   Link #102
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

My first Saimoe post

I'm definitely rooting for a Mikoto Misaka win but as for predictions, it has got to be Kuroneko of Ore no Imouto. Being the top runner this year though, Kuroneko has a big target on her back which also makes it very dangerous.

New series that will probably do well in this tournament: Ore no Imouto, Infinite Stratos, Gosick (Victorique), Steins; Gate, Hanasaku Iroha, Anohana, maybe Madoka Magica. I say maybe to Madoka because while the series was a big hit, the characters weren't as much. Also they did bad in ISML but then again so did Saki and we all know their records in this tournament.

Big names: Mikoto Misaka of Index, Victorique of Gosick, the whole K-on Cast, the whole Angel Beats cast, Infinite Stratos especially Charlotte, Ika-musume, the whole Ore no Imouto cast (I might have forgotten some)

For dark horses: Makise Kurisu of Steins;Gate, Erio Touwa of Denpa Onna, and Eucliwood Hellscythe of Kore wa Zombie desu ka.
Old 2011-06-22, 06:52   Link #103
mechdra

Based on what I can see from previous years, there is a few criteria for a character to go very far. First, These criteria include one must be a loli with a height below 150cm, voiced by a popular VA that is treotypical, tsundere and related to anime produced by JC Staff and KyoAni. I find these factor affect pevious tournament and I hate to admit it but it is true.
Old 2011-06-22, 07:31   Link #104
Liddo-kun
is this so?

It's time of the year once again.

Going to vote for Victorique, Ika Musume, and the Madoka girls if my I.P isn't blocked.
Old 2011-06-22, 08:13   Link #105
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I always though cardboard and bleach bets were something that shouldn't be considered until at least the nominations period is over, since it is "difficult" to gauge the relative strengths of all these girls in Japan (+ whatever other nations can get past their firewalls and whatevers). After nominations one can get at least an idea of how thing might workout (aside from poor block placements that is).
It's more interesting if there is a certain unknown factor involved

By the way:

Saimetagamemoe:

Group A:
Seishi
overfunk
Eisdrache
Liddo-kun
mechdra

Group B:
uis
0R 0rz
Eater Of All
ando
klare

Group C:
Kyuu
Kholdstare
Game8910
chaosprophet

Group D:
Ithekro
ion475
ahelo
timbits

Group E:
Xellos-_^
Team Rocket Elite
frustra
anisu

Group F:
wontaek
Aya Reiko
Cloudy
hinakatbklyn

There are still spaces open for people willing to join! Groups will be first filled up to 5 people/group and then continue with new groups starting with G. If you would like to participate you can always post in this thread. Due to the lack of better conditions (and because it's the easiest way) the winner will be the group with the most posts at the end of Saimoe 2011.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2011-07-26 at 20:14.
Old 2011-06-22, 09:19   Link #106
anisu

Quote:
the winner will be the group with the most posts at the end of Saimoe 2011
What have you done!? So, are we measuring the time until page 100 in days or hours now?

Quote:
Also they did bad in ISML but then again so did Saki and we all know their records in this tournament.
It never ceases to amaze me how different the voting from each region can be. Madoka is definitely one of those shows where Japan diverges from the rest of the world, and we might see matches influenced by the percentage of foreign voters involved. I wonder how tight-fisted the code generator is going to get this year.
Old 2011-06-22, 09:42   Link #107
OverFunk
It will never be the year

My Saimoe 7 this year would be Erio, Char, Eu, Ika, Index, Nanasaki and Yuuko. Yeah, I'm not looking to win this year. Char and Eu maybe.

Never forget
Old 2011-06-22, 09:55   Link #108
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post

the winner will be the group with the most posts at the end of Saimoe 2011.
Very interesting. Anyway... despite Hina not being around this year, I still have some favorites to support, but only a few who have a chance at making the top 8 or better:

Mikoto (#2) To be objective, not being the main character of the Index series could be to her disadvantage. I still think a lucky draw should be enough to get her to the block finals.

Ruri (Kuroneko) (#4) The 4 extra Oreimo episodes should help alot. At least block finals, with a chance to reach the top 8.

Akemi Homura - Could be a contender to reach the top.
Charlotte - IS may be represented in Saimoe, but I think Charlotte would be the only one to get a win or two

Not holding out much hope for Merry Nightmare, but I doubt she would be denied entry into the main tournament.
Let's see if they group Mikan and Yami again this year.
Old 2011-06-22, 12:30   Link #109
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

The only cardboard I'd be willing to wager at this point is that at least one character from either Madoka or Oreimo will place in the Top 3 in their prelim. Beyond that, anything goes.

Coin flip of the moment: Whether or not any HSotD character makes it in on the first round or not.

Last edited by Aya Reiko; 2011-06-22 at 12:49.
Old 2011-06-22, 12:45   Link #110
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Oh shit forgot about Merry, how could I? /wrists

She's got a decent chance to go far.

Never forget
Old 2011-06-22, 12:52   Link #111
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
My first Saimoe post

I'm definitely rooting for a Mikoto Misaka win but as for predictions, it has got to be Kuroneko of Ore no Imouto. Being the top runner this year though, Kuroneko has a big target on her back which also makes it very dangerous.

New series that will probably do well in this tournament: Ore no Imouto, Infinite Stratos, Gosick (Victorique), Steins; Gate, Hanasaku Iroha, Anohana, maybe Madoka Magica. I say maybe to Madoka because while the series was a big hit, the characters weren't as much. Also they did bad in ISML but then again so did Saki and we all know their records in this tournament.

Big names: Mikoto Misaka of Index, Victorique of Gosick, the whole K-on Cast, the whole Angel Beats cast, Infinite Stratos especially Charlotte, Ika-musume, the whole Ore no Imouto cast (I might have forgotten some)

For dark horses: Makise Kurisu of Steins;Gate, Erio Touwa of Denpa Onna, and Eucliwood Hellscythe of Kore wa Zombie desu ka.
You do realize that Japan in general has a pretty small voting block in ISML, and international vote is all but non existant for Japan Saimoe. Add that to the fact that Madoka anime is huge in Japan, and they are a stronger force then you think. I wouldn't be suprised to see Homerun-chan or Madoka win it all.
Old 2011-06-22, 13:03   Link #112
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

ISML and KBM seem like relatively good indicators as to how thing might work out...but Japan usually has a fanbase that doesn't exist outside the county (Saki for example) that throws a wrench into predictions. This extra group is usually the one that does a lot of the sniping and shifts the results around. Otherwise the two international saimoe tournements come across with close results to Saimoe itself (last year's winner in ISML and KBM....Mio. Saimoe's winner...Azusa, after a forced sniping of Mio in order to beat Mikoto in the three way group finals). The year before that the double Taiga victory in Saimoe and KBM with Taiga doing very well in ISML.

The shift for some series will be for the late ones...those that couldn't get into ISML for one reason or another. Those are the unpredictables in terms of relative strength. The currect girls that are in ISML can be at least measured somewhat. That means Angel Beats might still have Saimoe's number...or be the largest target since Mio in 2009.
Old 2011-06-22, 13:04   Link #113
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Hm, I never thought Saki was a serious contender, ever. I see it that people used Saki's mild popularity to troll vote (knock out) some popular characters and then when it got real, they died.

EDIT: I would also not be surprised if Homura wins. ISML-fags were too focused on Angel Beats! or some shit.
Old 2011-06-22, 13:19   Link #114
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Kanade perhaps depends a lot on the Starcraft fanbase, which I don't think is all that high in Japan (huge in Korea). However she fair last year in Saimoe (mid to high 600s range).

Trouble with Saimoe now is that is seems to be dying the slow death. Mostly due to the mass IP blocks I think. It cannot expand, and thus potentially suffers as a result. Also there is the other potential loss of voters in the large amount of dead following the Earthquake. No telling how many voters lived in those areas hit hard by the Tsumani. Someone posted not that long ago some Saimoe stats that had top voted matches, and all where 2007 aside from two, one of which being the highest match ever...in 2006. After 2007 the number drop off heavily.
Old 2011-06-22, 13:24   Link #115
uis

Saki not a serious contender... this is a joke rite...

I always see Saki as strong fanbase even ppl said they will not doing well in 2010... this is because saki is strong in material and fans that always support them (that exist so much fan made MAD and pic to support saki)

I don't see this a joke because MAD is hard to make and they willing to do it and we get thousand saki MAD because the fanbase is big...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2011-06-22, 13:30   Link #116
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

All that shows is Saki fans are good artists... The reason that Saki isn't a serious contender is that I have a gut feeling their fans are not the most loyal. Unlike RM fans who would rather vote for Souseiseki, when it got down to Nodoka in the QF, who the hell would vote for that? It certainly doesn't help that both Saki characters in the QF has boobs.
Old 2011-06-22, 13:40   Link #117
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

One day the flat chested group will fall to the boobs group in Saimoe.
Old 2011-06-22, 13:41   Link #118
uis

Lol saki have 4 chara go to QF in 2009, 2 SF in 2009 and 2010. Why you said saki is not good contender ??? Saki fanbase is large but saki antivote also large when in SF too...

ANd not OTHER ANY ANIME THAT CAN PUT THEIR 4 CHARA IN QF EXCEPT SAKI...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2011-06-22, 13:42   Link #119
matteas
Member Member

Saki girls were formidable contenders the past 2 years. Saki might not be that popular outside Japan - I wonder how much is it because of the element of mahjong, a game rather unknown in Western world - but those girls has always been huge in their homeland. I bet that if some Saki girls were eligible this year due to some cameo appearance for example, at least one of them would get into the last 8. Don't forget that the manga is still ongoing and is likely to continue for about a year, in my opinion.

When the second season comes, I expect them to play a major role in AST once again.

By the way, I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned A Channel characters as possible black horses.
Old 2011-06-22, 13:46   Link #120
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

I'm not disagreeing that Saki is strong, but I never once thought they would win. It's sort of like we know that no one from SnS or HnG will win Saimoe ever... Saki belongs in that category for me.
Closed Thread

Tags
2011, saimoe, tournament