AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2015-01-07, 16:29   Link #1
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Updated GPU drivers recently, now there is a certain 'flicker' when booting up

So, I updated my GPU drivers around Dec. 20. I updated them when I bought MGS V Ground Zeroes on PC. Everything seems fine and well, but ever since I put in these new AMD drivers for my Radeon, when I boot up the computer, at one point when it is booting Windows, the screen is black, but a portion of the screen has a white coloration, the white appears on the black screen for like a fraction of a second and it is what I guess is just flicker.

I remember on another message board (I saw this months ago, probably well over a year ago), someone wrote in a tech support board about such a thing on their computer, and they expressed concern, and people answered his questions, but I can not remember what the answers were. For a few weeks, I have wondered "What if this is indicative of something bad (for my computer)?"

That is the question, could this be indicative of a problem or potential problem, something that could be bad for my computer, or should this be completely harmless? Before the GPU drivers were updated, at this part of the boot sequence, I believe there was some flicker of some sort, but the screen was more black and less color, and the color was a dark green. It seemed..."softer", this new flicker comes off as 'harsh'.

I followed the instructions from AMD on how to uninstall and install new drivers when I updated drivers, so I'm sure I did that correctly.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2015-01-07 at 16:49.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 05:27   Link #2
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

AMD hae shitty drivers. This is why I always wait a month before I update.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 15:48   Link #3
Tiberium Wolf

More like don't update unless you really need it. Like a game won't run because of old driver.
Old 2015-01-13, 16:50   Link #4
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
AMD hae shitty drivers. This is why I always wait a month before I update.
Agreed, I have AMD on another computer and it would bsod due to driver problems always no matter what new release you picked.

Getting the newest is not always the best. Though to be certain also make sure you install them properly: that is remove the old display driver and run a cleaner to make sure all the shit is gone proper before rebooting and installing the new.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 07:50   Link #5
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

This is why I'm switching to NVIDIA when their new 900 series goes down in price. Great driver support, and the new patches for the new cards keep introducing new features to help you maximize the card's capabilities.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 19:36   Link #6
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Yeah, I like AMD as a company. I like that they offer cheaper CPUs than intel but they are still quality. I like AMD GPUs.

But I'm switching over to intel and nvidia. I have a quad core intel i5 in my computer now, but a Radeon card in my computer; not a Geforce. The Radeon card is really good...I got the Radeon because it was the only card with higher than 2 GB of VRAM (it has 3 GB of VRAM) that was a card in my price range.

When I get a new computer/do a big upgrade, I will go with an intel CPU and an nvidia GPU.