AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 2 4.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 9.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 53.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 24.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-04, 20:19   Link #41
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I'm glad Goose make his cameo in TE.

Don't forget Yuuya's court scene either. That whole sequence was a copy and paste of Maverick's trial.

The Raptor being on the chopping block is crazy. Yuuya wasn't gonna hear that and it didn't end well for Goose.

Right now, Cryska is leading by a wide margin. If this was a Bishoujo game, Cryska just entered the Yuuya Route.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2012-11-04 at 23:29.
Old 2012-11-04, 20:31   Link #42
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

The cut in funding for the YF-22 and YF-23 was because of the shift in priorities by the US government to newly tested tech. Glad to see the worldwide politics showing up in the anime, even if they did not expand on it.

Also, Goose, yes lol. I was wondering why I keep hearing "Oh my Goodness, Great Balls of Fire!" At the crash screen before the OP. Later, there was no explosion for some reason though, just some rocks and womp rats at Beggars Canyon.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-11-04, 20:59   Link #43
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Good episode. Really shed a lot of light on the relationship between Yuuya and Leon.

Judging by the preview it seems like there's a fanservice-type episode coming up next week.
Old 2012-11-04, 21:53   Link #44
Blonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
And what's the difference of indifference and hate? from the opposite of Love? I don't understand that part.
It's the worst excuse people have for shipping enemies.
Basically, feeling a strong emotion towards someone, even if it's hatred, means you're at least more emotionally involved with the person than when you don't feel anything at all.
Old 2012-11-04, 22:18   Link #45
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

The difference is in strong emotions towards someone, compared to not having any emotions towards someone. Love is the positive strong emotion, while Hate is the negative strong emotion. A person who has strong feelings towards someone would feel either love or hate towards them. Someone who doesn't even care would not give the time of day.

And Sharon in the middle has to deal with both, though she seems to be latching on to the nearest guy.

And poor Leon. He wants to step out of Yuuya's shadow but... He ends up taking over Yuuya's position in the F-22 EMD test phase, and ends up with Yuuya's ex-girlfriend... we can start calling him Leftovers-kun...

He ends up with both of Yuuya's Ex come to think about it...

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-11-04, 22:58   Link #46
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
we can start calling him Leftovers-kun...

Let us have a moment of silence for any of the pride that belonged to Leftover-kun.
Old 2012-11-04, 23:15   Link #47
yankky5

^ or we could laugh our asses off
Old 2012-11-04, 23:24   Link #48
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankky5 View Post
Anyway it might be a misunderstanding but is sandek playing cupid?
also we all know whats gonna happen next week. it wont be a japanese anime if it didnt happen
I wonder if he is trying to do this the way that crazy professor do to complete her project Type 00.

Let them spend time together but in Sandek's case. Spend time together in TSF.
Old 2012-11-05, 00:15   Link #49
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

If you remove the war part and politics, Sandek is acting like a Director of an Executive Corporation grooming his socially inept daughter to take over the business. He uses all his secret security forces to keep track of them, while waiting for the daughter to learn the true face of man.

Old 2012-11-05, 01:44   Link #50
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
If you remove the war part and politics, Sandek is acting like a Director of an Executive Corporation grooming his socially inept daughter to take over the business. He uses all his secret security forces to keep track of them, while waiting for the daughter to learn the true face of man.
lol, personally in my opinion yuuya would be the wrong choice to use for that kind of ploy. though if yuuya was this guy then the plan would be perfect.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-05, 03:31   Link #51
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
The difference is in strong emotions towards someone, compared to not having any emotions towards someone. Love is the positive strong emotion, while Hate is the negative strong emotion. A person who has strong feelings towards someone would feel either love or hate towards them. Someone who doesn't even care would not give the time of day.

And Sharon in the middle has to deal with both, though she seems to be latching on to the nearest guy.

And poor Leon. He wants to step out of Yuuya's shadow but... He ends up taking over Yuuya's position in the F-22 EMD test phase, and ends up with Yuuya's ex-girlfriend... we can start calling him Leftovers-kun...

Pretty much this although I have an inkling it would have been Leon who instigated the relation with Sheryl Nome... I mean Sharon.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2012-11-05, 03:35   Link #52
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
Pretty much this although I have an inkling it would have been Leon who instigated the relation with Sheryl Nome... I mean Sharon.
Did you say Sheryl NOMMED?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2012-11-05, 03:44   Link #53
Raxnom
気疲れ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
5) Cryska in the lead in the harem race. Unless their ability to talk comfortably with each other leads her to become his Noble Confidant.
Oh, don't you even start about that crap. I'm still angry about it.
I'm not really worried about animation since I'm more interested in story. Though, derp faces do surprise me sometimes, I try to ignore them. 1) For now we got some Yuuya background. 2) Cryska got the lead in the race, yay. 3) Sandek is planning something on the grand stage...
Old 2012-11-05, 04:44   Link #54
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Did you say Sheryl NOMMED?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ooh, clever!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2012-11-05, 06:43   Link #55
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Leon wants to step out of Yuuya's shadow.... Well just quit the F-22 Test program and dump Sharon! Unfortunately Sharon cannot be added to the harem.
Old 2012-11-05, 11:21   Link #56
Destined_Fate

Did Vincent just start his own harem and is pulling Tarisa into it unintentionally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
I'm glad Goose make his cameo in TE.

Don't forget Yuuya's court scene either. That whole sequence was a copy and paste of Maverick's trial.

The Raptor being on the chopping block is crazy. Yuuya wasn't gonna hear that and it didn't end well for Goose.

Right now, Cryska is leading by a wide margin. If this was a Bishoujo game, Cryska just entered the Yuuya Route.
Slow and Steady wins the race, Yui just doesn't know yet that she has it in the bag.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-11-05 at 11:37.
Old 2012-11-05, 11:37   Link #57
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Sandek is clearly a Cryska x Yuuya shipper.

And in some parts of this episode Inia was sort of creepy. But it's like one of those "cute but creepy" things...

I know this might never happen, but if they decide to redo TE as a movie someday I hope they choose a really good animation studio to do it.
Old 2012-11-05, 12:01   Link #58
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Satelight is doing alright, it's just that there's practically no goddamned budget.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-05, 13:12   Link #59
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post

Slow and Steady wins the race
Slow and steady isn't always the best course of action. Yui saw it first hand in the park and ran away. lol

It's just that Yuuya hasn't talk about his past with anyone other than Cryska. When they were sharing their personal stories, those two don't even realize that their on the same wavelength.

Inia and IDAR FLIGHT sees it as clear as day. Sandek is a chess master and prepping his next stage for Bridges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post

Yui just doesn't know yet that she has it in the bag.
I don't think it's in the bag for Yui just yet, I want see her change first.

She really needs to grow up since Cui called her out for not understanding where Yuuya is coming from as a person.

I'm pretty sure she never experienced the torment and hate that Yuuya had to go through growing up especially in the deep south. There are times when he brings it on himself, but other times it just cuz he looks different.

In many ways, those two need to meet somewhere in the middle to make it work.

As a whole, I like both ladies equally so it's a win/win in the end for Bridges.

I can't wait to see how Yui retaliates after that talk with Cui. The previews talk about her wearing a towel.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2012-11-05 at 13:55.
Old 2012-11-05, 13:18   Link #60
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

This episode is good enough in my opinion. It really shows the past between Yuuya and Leon, yet they also show the reasons why they hated each other. A deep talk with Natashia surely would fill any customer at the bar with happiness

I really like Lt. Cui, but in this episode, she was out of line. I don't think she had the right to "torture" Lt. Takamura for how she acted towards Yuuya in the first place. I mean, what if Takamura did that on purpose to actually see his full potential?

I don't know about the others, but this episode was good.