Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-09, 20:25   Link #25801
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
im going to yodobashi umeda today^^ i dont think i will have money left when the day is over :B
Happy shopping, App ! Make sure you buy nice items! Oh yeah, if you're interested, isn't there a HG Bansheee clear which just got released?
Old 2012-05-09, 21:16   Link #25802
maknaedik

Quote:
im going to yodobashi umeda today^^ i dont think i will have money left when the day is over :B
Now I already started imagining on what things will I buy if I'm ever in Japan.

Why don't you try some resin ones and level-up your modelling skills >

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 23:42   Link #25803
casval cehack

Quote:
I wonder what will be your initial reaction when confronted by shelves upon shelves of gunpla in there...
Old 2012-05-10, 01:38   Link #25804
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
At least you live in Japan and can go to Yodobashi.. >_>
People outside of Japan need to order online or go to conventions and pay crazy amounts of money.

>_<
Appel lives in Germany, he's probably on vacation in Japan.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 02:21   Link #25805
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
I wonder what will be your initial reaction when confronted by shelves upon shelves of gunpla in there...
i probably looked like some little boy in a candy store :B rrobbert on youtube uploaded a video about the store on youtube. i wanted to take pictures as well but i wasnt allowed to do so...
but my dads reaction was even better when i actually started shopping! but his disapproval just made me spend even more money ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Appel lives in Germany, he's probably on vacation in Japan.
yes exactly. my dad invited me. and i heard about yotobashi umeda on rrobbert184s chanel on youtube.

the store is great by the way! very wide selection and most kits 30% off. i even saw a 2 1/144 dendrobiums ^^
but as i said before, im a little limited with how much i can spend and the space i have available. so for now i bought MG zeta 2.0 (3640 yen), HG jesta (1120 yen) and MG AGE-1 sparrow (2940 yen). maybe i will go there again but for now im actually quite happy.
i didnt even see any resin kits. and i dont really feel like building one of those^^

edit: i also got a pack of gundam markers. the regular one with white, yellow, red, blue, grey and a lining marker. the other ones are 150 yen each, maybe i will pick up more of those.
but i mainly want to look into some more HGs or one more MG with a smaller box. i dont know yet^^

Last edited by Appel; 2012-05-10 at 02:43.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 03:07   Link #25806
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

@ Appel
Are there any limited item there . If there are, are they cheap?
Old 2012-05-10, 07:29   Link #25807
Appel

i didnt see any of those. they only had the regular ones there as far as i know. but im ok with that. for example, i dont really want to pay extra for a zeta 2.0 HD color version only because the plasic is molded in a slightly different color.

today i will check how much i can fit into my traveling bag and if i still have enough room im going to check out yodobashi a second time^^ i think i will pick up some action bases and maybe a third MG if i can fit it into the bag.
Old 2012-05-10, 08:21   Link #25808
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I really hope you can buy MG Banshee KA. I want to know how much it costs there.

Oh yeah, I just finished assembling a kit. It’s HG Nu HWS. Maybe it’s time to share?
Spoiler for Warning: It's pretty long ^_^:
Overall, it’s a great kit. It has a lot of features and mode options. Btw, I bought this kit coz I really doubt Bandai will make a MG of it. Even though there’s a chinese bootleg “Gundoom” version of Nu HWS which has more details & weapons than Bandai’s, it doesn’t look that good, especially the face (you can see it on Prime92's review). Also, I bought this Nu HWS when it’s on sale so it’s pretty cheap. I might consider buying the cheaper HG Nu (plain) just to have the Double-Fin Funnel mode.
Old 2012-05-10, 08:41   Link #25809
Appel

i dont really want the banshee ver.ka since i already have an unofficial one at home^^
Old 2012-05-10, 09:18   Link #25810
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I really hope you can buy MG Banshee KA. I want to know how much it costs there.

Oh yeah, I just finished assembling a kit. It’s HG Nu HWS. Maybe it’s time to share?

Overall, it’s a great kit. It has a lot of features and mode options. Btw, I bought this kit coz I really doubt Bandai will make a MG of it. Even though there’s a chinese bootleg “Gundoom” version of Nu HWS which has more details & weapons than Bandai’s, it doesn’t look that good, especially the face (you can see it on Prime92's review). Also, I bought this Nu HWS when it’s on sale so it’s pretty cheap. I might consider buying the cheaper HG Nu (plain) just to have the Double-Fin Funnel mode.
The lack of an actual Nu DFF gunpla forced me to get the Hi-v instead. I also don't like asymmetric look of the Nu but that yellow-black scheme looks terrific...so GBP version then.

The sharp looking Hazel: another kit that deserves an MG.

@Appel - Speaking of rrobbert184, why not a couple of those wind-up Zakus or the light-up Dom (or an Acguy?) if you're going back to the store.
Old 2012-05-10, 10:53   Link #25811
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

After 5 days, I've finally finished building my MG Strike Noir!
Here are some pics.
Spoiler for :

What do you guys think?
Old 2012-05-10, 11:42   Link #25812
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
After 5 days, I've finally finished building my MG Strike Noir!
Here are some pics.

*snip*

What do you guys think?
It’s beautiful. The way you pose it is unique. I’ve never seen it before. You can do a million poses with that cool kit.

Oh yeah, I’m just wondering about something. The eyes look pale. Aren’t they metallics like most of gundam kits? Or is it a regular color just like 1/100 Blitz’ non-metallic blue eyes? I don't have the Noir so I don't know.
Old 2012-05-10, 11:51   Link #25813
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It’s beautiful. The way you pose it is unique. I’ve never seen it before. You can do a million poses with that cool kit.

Oh yeah, I’m just wondering about something. The eyes look pale. Aren’t they metallics like most of gundam kits? Or is it a regular color just like 1/100 Blitz’ non-metallic blue eyes? I don't have the Noir so I don't know.
Haha. Thanks! I actually used Gundam Marker gold for the eyes. I tried using yellow first but I didn't like the result.
Old 2012-05-10, 11:56   Link #25814
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
Haha. Thanks! I actually used Gundam Marker gold for the eyes. I tried using yellow first but I didn't like the result.
Oh, I see. I thought you used the sticker. Well, you can always stick it later on.
Old 2012-05-11, 05:27   Link #25815
casval cehack

MG Marasai's features.
Old 2012-05-11, 05:42   Link #25816
maknaedik

YEAH! MG Marasai FTW!

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 05:43   Link #25817
Appel

picked up the HG AGE-3 normal today. dad raged again because im "wasting my money" =D
and on monday we are close to yodobashi for a third time... but im not sure if i want to pick up any more models. im thinking about getting a danazine but the more i look at the images in reviews the goofier it looks to me :P i think i will pick up an action base for my AGE-1 instead.
Old 2012-05-11, 08:54   Link #25818
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
picked up the HG AGE-3 normal today. dad raged again because im "wasting my money" =D
and on monday we are close to yodobashi for a third time... but im not sure if i want to pick up any more models. im thinking about getting a danazine but the more i look at the images in reviews the goofier it looks to me :P i think i will pick up an action base for my AGE-1 instead.
Yea I'd agree with your dad, your def wasting your money on a AGE-3

Marasai's looking good but them colours look I dunno pale/weak?
Not that I don't like the red but I think it could do with some paint to look more striking.
Old 2012-05-11, 09:04   Link #25819
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Yea I'd agree with your dad, your def wasting your money on a AGE-3
the AGE-3 grew on me a lot! plus if the kit is anywhere near as good as the AGE-1 its worth the money.
Old 2012-05-11, 09:31   Link #25820
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Hey so I kinda gave up on waiting for MG Exia R2 (even though I think it'll be made).
So lately, I've been considering to purchase some HG kits along with Action Base 2 stands.

Where can I get these the cheapest online? I live in the US so choices are eBay (if shipped from US), Amazon, Gundam Guy, etc etc.

1.5 gundam
-- red
reborns gundam
-- red
0 gundam (type acd)
-- green
0 gundam (roll out)
-- green
exia repair 2
-- green

* The color under each kit indicates the Action Base 2 I want for that kit.
* So green is Sparkle Green Action Base 2, and red is Sparkle Red Action Base 2.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy