AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-26, 22:03   Link #1
Akamaru_kun

Question I need new....

Im searching for new animes to watch (so far I get Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist). I would like to have suggestions if you have any. I started to watch Madlax but I don't know if it's going to be good, so far it's "so-so".

Thanks for incomming suggestions.
Old 2004-04-26, 22:18   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Well, if you want anime that is great instead of just "so-so," I think that any of these would satisfy your taste in anime.
  • Condor Hero - Think of the best Hong Kong martial arts movie that you've ever seen. This is strong on characterization and drama with some really kick-ass fights thrown in for good measure. If I was going to liken it to anything in particular I would say that it most resembles "Crouching Tiger, Hiden Dragon."
  • Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu: The ultimate choice if what you want is meaningless violence and lot of falling over laughing humor. I've never seen any other show that has ever made me laugh as hard and as often as this one.
  • Konjiki no Gash Bell!! - While on the surface it seems to be a bizarre Pokemon rip-off with little demon kids, it is much more than that. All of the elements of this seem designed to turn out something utterly trite, but the way that they are used makes this into something entirely unpredictable and utterly fun.
  • One Piece - Fun action anime with lots of battles featuring outrageous powers and shocking brutality. Topped off with lots of outrageous physical humor. It is just plain one of the most purely fun anime I have ever watched.
  • Tenshi na Konamaiki - Some serious gender wierdness, but strangely this isn't a wierd show. This is a romantic comedy whose theme is exploring the underlying differences between men and women. This is fun and romantic and sometimes very insightful. Definetly not a harem show!
  • Mermaid's Forest - A dark and twisted tale about the evils that men might do in quest for immortality. Just when you think you've seen the worst, you'll discover that there are depths yet to be plumbed. This is seriously messed up. Curiously, it is by Rumiko Takahashi, the creator of Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, Inu-Yasha and others. It proves that she can create something very serious and deep when she tries.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-04-26, 22:43   Link #3
Akamaru_kun

lol Some series are pretty advanced (are far in the story). I have a bandwidth limit so I won't be able to get them for years O_O hehe.

Thanks for replying so fast by the way.
Old 2004-04-26, 23:05   Link #4
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Sure you can get them. It will just be years before you are caught up to the most current episode. Look at it this way: Instead of being limited by the schedule of the fan group, you are only limited by your bandwidth. This means not wishing the fangroup will hurry up and finish the next episode because you are dying to find out what happens next!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-04-28, 23:09   Link #5
Akamaru_kun

I might change connection soon so the bandwidth problem might get solved by itself hehe. About having to wait for fansubers I don't say a word and wait cuz I know they are doing that for their own fun and + they do it free. Thanks for the suggestions again.

By the way do you know where I could get "Princess Mononoke" ? It's a good anime movie (old). I didn't see it on animesuki (I'll check again).
Old 2004-04-28, 23:41   Link #6
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

You will never see Princess Mononoke on AnimeSuki because the license was bought out by Disney. If we dared to list it, Disney would have us shut down so fast it will make your head spin. Never mess with the mouse.

Old 2004-04-30, 10:32   Link #7
Akamaru_kun

Yes I know about that I had it for quite a while. I tapped it on TV and numerised it when the tape was starting to break
Old 2004-04-30, 13:36   Link #8
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

madlax was so bad ... I watched some of it ... and it was garbaaaaage. That's what I think at least ... there was nothing remotely interesting about it.
Closed Thread