AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2010-01-25, 00:08   Link #1261
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
Well, that fan site should be well over 10k by March. Maybe they should make a new goal of 25k to 50k. Still doubting another season will happen, but one can only hope.
Old 2010-01-25, 13:15   Link #1262
Vantek
Asleep Being

I don't think that petition will grow very fast anymore actually. The boost happened when it was first introduced to English, then other language forums. By now probably most of the languages are covered, and most of the already existing fans have already signed. So I think the growth has slowed down to just people who discover Claymore. But at least the 10K mark was filled... Don't think there will be a 2nd season either... But we Claymaniacs can now at least rest in peace knowing we did all we could ^^
Vantek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 09:33   Link #1263
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

Does anyone know when is the second season for claymore with continuity to manga. I read on an japanes website that Nagi-sensei planned to continue he he gets 10,000 votes before march 2010, asking who wants a 2nd season, which he got long time ago so is there any confirmation for the 2nd secon anywhere???....hmm maybe we'll know after march
sonotme_9FedriqSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 04:45   Link #1264
warrior

Her people, no one knows when season 2 will be? Just who might have heard something.
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 15:16   Link #1265
Nowusee
Total Coolness

meh. its sorta boring.
Old 2011-01-31, 07:11   Link #1266
ashe
くぽ!

damn it! it's been years already and i'm running out of patience! haha season 2! damn, reading the manga made it even worst to bear.
Old 2012-03-14, 12:25   Link #1267
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe View Post
damn it! it's been years already and i'm running out of patience! haha season 2! damn, reading the manga made it even worst to bear.
When the manga has gone further maybe they might do some more Claymore anime.

The anime had a ending which went against the manga plot line so they will either have to redo the last few Claymore episodes or redo the whole anime from the start which seems more likely.

Most the of the Claymore threads are locked and some of the ones that aren't locked aren't at the front so I will try to post in them to bring them to the front...
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 12:34   Link #1268
Domvina

A few months ago I injected my opinion into a discussion about the way the anime ended. Several posters informed me that the way the anime ended essentially destroyed continuity for a second season if the second season deemed to follow the manga at all and that the last six episodes of the current anime would need to be completely redone to fix the problems. Having not read the manga I could neither support nor go against their statements. Having now read the manga several times up to volume 18 (I only read / speak English) I now feel prepared to voice a more educated opinion as well as put together a plan to create a season two without redoing or ignoring the final six episodes of the anime.

My personal rules for what I’m proposing below were simple:

1) No “undoing” the anime. What happened happened and cannot be explained away as a dream or some other nonsense.
2) The way the anime ended would need to be stitched together with the start of the story after the Time Skip in such a way as to minimize changes to the story in the manga.

To that end there are five “problems” I see between how the anime ended and the way the manga presented that “ending”. In no particular order they are:

- Too many Warriors survived the battle at Pieta
- Four of the Seven Ghosts go their separate ways/there are no Seven Ghosts
- Clare and Raki are reunited
- Raki, Priscilla, and Isley aren’t traveling together
- Clare “defeats” Priscilla (To me this is more of a minor issue but I know it will be brought up.)

Too many Warriors survived the battle at Pieta
That too many Warriors survived is actually an easy fix. As Miria makes her way back South from the confrontation with Priscilla she decides to check in on the Warriors at Pieta. (This fits her personality as a responsible leader.) She discovers the town utterly leveled with numerous dead Warriors. As she searches she finds Cynthia, Tabitha, and Uma still alive. They tell her that after she and the others left a horde of Awakened Beings attacked. (Viewers of the anime will recall a brief scene showing Isley at the head of a large force of Awakened Beings when Priscilla “reawakened”.) They tell her they never stood a chance and that it was only by her plan to use the half doses of the suppressant that they managed to survive at all. (A brief flashback could be inserted here to expound further on the plan.) Miria tells them she is glad they survived but that she’s leaving the organization. The three Warriors pledge their loyalty to Miria and join her. (A sentiment echoed after the Time Skip when the Ghosts decide to leave the North.)

Four of the Seven Ghosts go their separate ways/there are no Seven Ghosts
After hearing Cynthia, Tabitha, and Uma’s tale of the slaughter at Pieta Miria realizes this presents a perfect opportunity to escape the Organization. She catches up to Helen and Deneve, tells them what happened, and convinces them to join her. The six Warriors then do the same with Clare. This leaves the “Raki Problem”…

Clare and Raki are reunited
That the pair is reunited isn’t the problem. Getting them separated again is. Clare being Clare she would be persuaded by Miria’s argument. Raki not so much. The others would explain that in order to escape they’d need to go deeper into the North to an area ordinary humans could not survive. Raki wouldn’t be convinced. I’d have Deneve, the most “plain-spoken” of the group, call him an idiot and ask if he was trying to get Clare killed. She’d tell him that if they didn’t separate Clare would have to go South and that would mean the Organization would find out she was alive and send enforcers to kill her. At that Raki reluctantly agrees (cue tearful separation, Raki promising to become stronger, blah, blah).

Raki, Priscilla, and Isley aren’t traveling together
With Clare and Raki separated again getting these three together is a snap. As Raki makes his way back South Priscilla and Isley find him as he emerges from the rubble of a town. Priscilla is back to her child-like state and hugs Raki the moment she sees him. Isley explains Priscilla had insisted they find him. Raki is understandably hesitant. Isley tries to convince Raki to rejoin them for Priscilla’s sake but he isn’t persuaded. Isley then stares off towards the North and says he senses the auras of seven Warriors. He says there are still many Awakened Beings in the North and it would be a shame if those Warriors met their end fighting those Beings. However, if Raki joined them he was certain he could ensure the Awakened Beings left the Warriors alone. (After all, it would be the civilized thing to do.) Raki agrees.

Clare “defeats” Priscilla
“ZOMG Priscilla is teh most powerful being in Claymore! Clare can’t beat her!!11!”

I would argue (and have it mentioned later in the second season) that the Priscilla Clare fights isn’t the same Priscilla she would later encounter. Viewers will recall Priscilla calls Miria, Helen, and Deneve fellow Warriors. Mentally she’s at the same point as she was just before she awakened. While she will fight to defend herself she’s hesitant to kill other Warriors. (Remember she didn’t kill Irene/ Ilena even though she easily could. Having rendered Irene a non-threat by removing her arm she then wounded her deeply enough to incapacitate but not kill. Unfortunately Sophia and Noel, as present and direct threats, weren’t shown such mercy.) Not only that but Priscilla experiences numerous flashbacks of Teresa during the last portion of the fight. In that frame of mind she is still deeply terrified of Teresa which plays in Clare’s favour. At the end of the fight Priscilla is back to human form frozen with terror, just as she was when Teresa was about to behead her the first time.

The Priscilla Clare will face later in season two is a fully aware Priscilla who has shed those fears.

How I would insert this into a second season
I’d start right where the manga starts after the Time Skip. When it is revealed who the Seven Ghosts are after saving the Warriors battling the Awakened Beings in the North I’d have the first three “problems” resolved in a flashback then move ahead with the story. The fourth “problem” I’d wait to resolve, again as a flashback, when the older Raki is reintroduced into the story. (This would mean leaving out the scene in the manga where Isley is sparing with Raki at the inn. Not a big loss in my opinion.) Also, I would cover the battles between Isley and Luciela as well as the introduction of Alicia and Beth as flashbacks during Riful’s dialogue with Clare after they save the Warriors from her in the West. The story of Rafaela and her reunion with Luciela I’d inject into the anime either when Renee initially probes the pair or when Clare is pulled into Rafaela’s mindscape just before the Destroyer awakens.

This is what I’ve come up with as my solution for knitting the anime with the manga to create a post Time Skip season two without invalidating season one. I’m sure there are those who will disagree with my analysis and I welcome discussion.
Domvina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 12:42   Link #1269
Domvina

One other note, in the scene where Sid speaks with Clare and mentions seeing Raki come through Rabona with a girl I'd simply not have him mention the girl.
Domvina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 19:44   Link #1270
ShadowStrykr

Season 2

When are they makng season 2, It ended in a cliff hanger.
Old 2012-03-19, 01:40   Link #1271
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowStrykr View Post
When are they makng season 2, It ended in a cliff hanger.
It's unlikely and unknown if they're making a second season.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 08:52   Link #1272
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Um, so I'm guessing just because the forum was retired doesn't mean that people stopped reading the manga, right?

Because, am I going crazy/ was the translator crazy or did the manga just end with millions of unanswered questions such as a conclusion for the long-disappeared MAIN CHARACTER?? What did I just read?!
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 15:15   Link #1273
Catdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Um, so I'm guessing just because the forum was retired doesn't mean that people stopped reading the manga, right?

Because, am I going crazy/ was the translator crazy or did the manga just end with millions of unanswered questions such as a conclusion for the long-disappeared MAIN CHARACTER?? What did I just read?!
Seems like the just ended it without cleaning up loose ends in the story. Bummer.

"Claymore -- END" is the final line.
Catdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 16:52   Link #1274
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdog View Post
Seems like the just ended it without cleaning up loose ends in the story. Bummer.

"Claymore -- END" is the final line.
That would be so wrong. I've thought about it after the initial shock of suddenly reading "the end" and even though I can see that maybe the most important things have been taken care of- e.g. defeating the organisation, there is a load of unfinished story lines, most importantly that of the main character not tied up.

Yes, you could argue that Clare and Priss' story was ended when they were sealed inside the destroyer. But that is intensely dissatisfying, from a reader's perspective and it wasn't really written like that until the end:

On one hand, it would be very brave to show that sometimes life just does that- you set out to do something, and just die doing whatever. Not many authors would dare go down that path with their lead. But it doesn't feel like that, since they're alive, and the remaining organisation members even HINT at going to find it. And what with Raki reuniting with the cast last chapter.
This didn't feel like a rush job final chapter because the series got canned, it literally felt like any other chapter to be continued.

So... I sit here, asking "what the hell?"

This better be the setup for a sequel a la "we can't call it Claymore anymore since the organisation fell and the concept died with them, so we're calling it Ice Cream Sandwich from now on"

Otherwise this was the most frustrating release I've followed for several years EVER.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 19:36   Link #1275
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
i was shocked too, i didnt even remember Clares died or something, oh well ill have to give the manga an other go because i think i forgot a lot of things. we switched from Clares as the main focus to Miria... We better get a new chapter soon because it's an interesting manga and i really enjoy it
Old 2012-05-03, 23:20   Link #1276
Catdog

Was bad enough to wait a month between new chapters but to leave the story unfinished kind of makes me upset, about like it did when they just randomly ended the anime after 24~ episodes and changed the story to make it end.

Maybe it will be continued and it was just the end of that story arc
Catdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 13:38   Link #1277
Nidhogg

What?

According to the site I read chapter 126 on, chapter 126 is the first chapter of volume 23. Remember volume 22 ended with that flashback bonus chapter of Riful meeting Dauf.
There are way too many unfinished storylines in the series for Yagi sama to simply drop it. It's quite possible that Yagi ended the "Organization rebellion" story arc and is embarking on the next one. (Gawd, I hope so!)
Nidhogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 18:54   Link #1278
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Boy, reading this chapter sure brought back some memories.
I remember first hearing about the Dragons all those years ago and how much we speculated when and if we would ever see one.
I am glad at least one of our theories was right. Dragons are the source of the Claymores.

Well, I really hope this is not the end of Claymore. Too many unfinished storylines.
Old 2012-05-09, 13:20   Link #1279
Nidhogg

Lifespan?

Chapter 126 cleared up one thing and in a way, upset some notions about the warriors. Rimuto tells Miria that the hermaphrodite dragonkin have life spans of about 200 years, but don't age and get stronger with time.
Several fanfiction stories out there have dealt with the idea of the surviving warriors still being alive and living amongst us. I guess now these stories are all moot now.
Well, I for one, intend on continuing to read the manga as it is released, for as long as it is released!
AND, I will read the fanfiction and write some myself. (Eventually, I'll work up the nerve to post it.
Now if I can just hang on until the next chapter comes out!
Nidhogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 20:55   Link #1280
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Boy, reading this chapter sure brought back some memories.
I remember first hearing about the Dragons all those years ago and how much we speculated when and if we would ever see one.
I am glad at least one of our theories was right. Dragons are the source of the Claymores.

Well, I really hope this is not the end of Claymore. Too many unfinished storylines.
Too disappointing an ending unless, if reading Bakuman taught me anything, Claymore did not receive enough votes from readership to remain in Jump SQ. Honestly, the storyline felt like it was all over the place but I still held out hope some loose end could be tied up AND Clare could actually return.

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote