AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-16, 13:48   Link #41
saner

Does it mean that Shirou had sex with Saber in the shed in the forest? When did they had again?
saner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 23:42   Link #42
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by saner
Ending was good. Shirou has got clear purpose - he just want to be with Saber. Unluckily Rin and Sakura love Shirou who won't quit looking for Saber.

Edit:
Spoiler for anime/game:
And as I pray...unlimited riposte works!

Counter spoiler!

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-20, 03:04   Link #43
kamikazex

thats pretty long
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 11:22   Link #44
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I'm just sad that Archer was wasted in the anime. You can play the game over to get the extra story about Archer, but there's only one anime series... ;_;
Spoiler for game, UBW, etc:

I want characters to be able to redeem themselves, not doomed to a particular fate. But I guess that's just the price to pay to look that cool. The other Servants got nothin on Archer. =D

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2006-08-24 at 14:34.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 07:06   Link #45
anim4niac

there wont be a 2nd series but ima still hoping theres an ova or 2 (to at least explain events without us needing to link it to the game)
Old 2006-09-19, 07:11   Link #46
Choki
I believe i can fly

I think i would prefer they would leave the anime as it is....argh my heart....this kind of endings really make me wanna cry =(
Choki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 15:26   Link #47
SCKnight
Mecha Pilot of the South

I liked the anime, but they could have made the ending better (some of us Americans just like happy endings ):

Spoiler:

That's what I think should have happened.

They also should have had the Black Knight and Red Knight as enemies in the anime! Those two, along with the Green Knight, were extremely hard to beat in Legion: Legend of Excalibur (Yes, I've been playing that game too much!) I wonder why they weren't in the anime?

Last edited by SCKnight; 2006-09-23 at 16:44.
SCKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 23:53   Link #48
jtrog

After a time to think about it:

I do not think there will ever be another show as good as it is unless Type-moon does another like it. I give it the Best anime show of 2006 vote.

The loss of air at the end of a ep., almost loss of sleep waiting to see the next ep., it was never ending.

Now it has the Opening songs and Ending songs to go with it. the Op1 and ED1 were the best in my thoughts. I believe that music was the Icing on the cake to make it a perfect 'THRILLING" show. It still some of the best music/VOICES I have ever heard with out even understanding what they say it was beautiful to the point of tears. (joyful happiness).

I knew nothing of the manga or 'game' info, just as it was and then what was on forums here and still didnt make it any less exciting.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 01:51   Link #49
Duralath

Wow...simply wow.

I've been lurking these forums for quite a while and only now have decided to post.

Well, basically, I began watching Fate/stay night at the request of my two friends. Ever since the first couple of episodes, I've been hooked on all the action and the storylines, so much that I dove into the backstory of how everything went and into the backstory...trying to find every little detail.

I don't recall having been addicted to an anime ever like I have been with Fate/stay night. Heck, I loved it so much that I went to Anime Expo '06 as Archer (and my now-ex-girlfriend went with me as Rin).

Admittedly, I did find backstory a bit lacking in the overall anime, but nonetheless, that only prompted me to search for it myself. The music was beautiful, of course. And I liked the fight scenes.

Right now, FSN's my anime of choice.
Duralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 16:05   Link #50
Spudawg

I will say one thing: This anime is my absolute favourite. Granted, I havent watched a TON of anime, but as much as I have watched until now, this takes the cake.
I know nothing of the game, in fact a friend of mine informed me of it, I thought that this was just an original anime, which, i guess it is, but is based off a game (am i even right?)
From start to finish this anime had me, I LOVED the animation, action, storyline, everything was just top-notch. Everything on my comp is now fate/stay night, wallpaper, screensaver, its great. I just wish i wasn't so damn short Would have loved to have seen it go on and on, but i guess that just didnt happen. I didn't think an anime being over could make me feel like this, (i know, i know, this is boarder line cheesy) but its true. I just loved watching it so much. I can't get that last scene of saber under the tree saying "My slumber this time...might be...a bit long..." then closes her eyes. /sob
The characters were fantastic as well, <3 saber so much, by far my favourite female character of ANY anime, And the awkward relationship she had with shirou, which, of course in the end, made me almost cry -_- so sad.
But anyway, that is how i feel about it, I would love to see a second season, but i dont really know how that would start...

(on a complete side note, being somewhat new to anime, what does OVA and all those other abbreveations mean? I have no idea, if someone could fill me in, that would be fantastic, thanks!)

Last edited by Spudawg; 2006-09-26 at 16:47.
Spudawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 11:42   Link #51
Esayah

Hullo,

new guy here just finished the FSN series!

The anime was decent, nothing mind blowing or anything, but definitely a solid watch. What makes this anime really shine, however, is the reverse role relationship between Shiro and Saber. Those two gave major points to the anime and were basically the only reason I kept pushing the anime (even after ep. 14, where everything starts to be bleh!).
I usually don't obsess over animes like this, but Saber has got me on a fever! The whole "I can't be with you even if I want to" thing really turned me into a fanatic haha.

As for a sequel or whatever, I personally don't think it can or should happen. The anime leaves a lasting impression and they should keep it that way. A side-story or OVA or maybe even a complete revamp (a remade anime with each different storyline?) would work, but definitely not a continuation of the current storyline.
Esayah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 20:23   Link #52
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esayah
As for a sequel or whatever, I personally don't think it can or should happen. The anime leaves a lasting impression and they should keep it that way. A side-story or OVA or maybe even a complete revamp (a remade anime with each different storyline?) would work, but definitely not a continuation of the current storyline.
/Agreed, especially on the alternate storyline idea. To my knowledge, few studios have taken a game like F/SN, with its alternate endings, and actually made multiple versions of the same anime. It could be quite interesting to see how that turns out, commercially at the least, creatively at the most. At worst, the fans could hate the new version and ignore it, and the studio would take a financial hit and learn from it. At best, the fans would love it, the studio would make a killing and continue making more, while the other studios would start running around looking for a similar hit. Imitation is the best complement, neh?
Old 2006-10-04, 04:06   Link #53
tommyr

I have never played the game. Honestly watching the anime i thought it was pretty good, one of my favorites. Now that i read the forums and im seeing stuff about how shiro is archer and all these other stories. i REALIZE that i am missing out on ALOT of things. I feel cheated. So atm there is no OVA in the works?

I just finished watching the last episode today, im pretty behind i know =P. I wish saber stayed with shiro. i had to say it. thankyou.
tommyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 09:49   Link #54
mlai

I don't think *more* heroes from Arthurian legends need to show up in the story. There are plenty of legendary/historical heroes from different sources to draw from, and everyone has his favorites. Personally I'd even want Archer to be a historical hero rather than an adult Shirou; I actually feel the "self vs alternate self" or "evil twin" plot device is overused.

This story can't have a sequel. A major reason it's so beautiful is because it's self-contained. I also love Saber and Shirou most, but it may be because I only know the other 2 scenarios thru game summaries. I also support a rendition of the other 2 scenarios; they'are all different enough that there shouldn't be any scene redundancies.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 15:23   Link #55
AKDieseL

I must say that I absolutely hate Type moon. I've just seen all of fate/stay night for the first time and I must say that i'm seriously dissapointed.

Type moon first destroyed my life for a good two weeks after I had seen Tsukihime cos I was so depressed and now they've gone and done it again with Fate/Stay Night. All throughout FSN I was like, "They made a sad ending for Tsukihime, surely they wont do the same thing to us again" Making me even less prepared for what was about to happen, I just dont understand why the writers felt the need to have another sad ending.

ARRGGHHH.
AKDieseL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 16:02   Link #56
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Because sad endings are more memoriable (at the moment) than happy ones.

Although I believe this deluge of unhappy endings will backfire, creating a massive demand for an ending where the characters are genuinely happy. Just my opinion though, most likely wrong.
Old 2006-10-07, 16:09   Link #57
AKDieseL

Maybe so but that still dosent change the fact that I hate Type Moon with a passion :@
Old 2006-10-07, 16:34   Link #58
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well if depressing ending make you unhappy then look for happy ones simple really...type moon loves tragic ends
i dnt mind sad endings as long as its well done...and F/SN is a masterpiece in that aspect

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 11:06   Link #59
AKDieseL

aye forget type moon tbh. Never again will I watch any of their anime
Old 2006-10-08, 11:40   Link #60
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

I should have stopped watching on episode 22. That's the height of the anime, in my opinion. 23 and 24 just bring it down to its knees. I'll watch more TYPE-Moon anime, as long as I know which episode to stop on before it self-implodes.

The secret to pulling yourself out of the depression F/SN attempts to force upon you is watching Black Lagoon, Haruhi, and FMP back to back. Trust me, it works!