AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-30, 15:59   Link #1
raptured

Action, Romance animess!!

I'm at loss, I just finished watching Rahxephon (<rocked.) and I need a new anime!

I need something with TONS of ACTION, or MYSTERY, or SUSPENSE or FANTASY or something, with TONS of ROMANCE. So any genre + romance. The whole anime can be based on romance, and have magic/fantasy/mecha/action/etc. or vice versa.

Just ANYTHING that was a good watch, with a genre + romance. It must be balanced! or just a little unbalanced.

Please, please, please, please don't give me something that is completely romance... that is really boring, and hardly entertaining, as it becomes tirelessly repetitive.

Thanks so much! Your suggestions are boring life savers!

Watched & Liked: Rahxephon, Mai-Hime, Fate/Stay Night, Shakugan No Shana, Card Captor Sakura, Full Metal Alchemist, Eureka 7, InuYasha, Gunparade March, Full Metal Panic / Second Raid, Fushigi Yuugi, Gundam Seed, Zero no Tsukaima, Good Witch of the West, and others that are not coming to mind at the moment.

Last edited by raptured; 2007-12-01 at 12:06.
Old 2007-11-30, 18:24   Link #2
SkyDragon
Addicted To Anime

Death Note is a must see. Every episode has action, suspense...
Old 2007-11-30, 18:31   Link #3
raptured

OO I read the manga for that one. And i'm a one media person. But it was really good. ;D
Old 2007-11-30, 19:31   Link #4
eyysae
n00b -__-'

blood+ has action, suspense, & romance. it's a great series
Old 2007-12-01, 08:12   Link #5
Saleh
Inactive

Perhaps Romeo x Juliet, Clannad, Ef ~ A tale of memories, Shakugan No Shana season 2, Zero no Tsukaima season 1 & 2, Prism Ark, Tsukuyomi, Vandread ...
Old 2007-12-01, 10:23   Link #6
miaka

good witch of the west - it has fantasy, action, adventure with romance.
Kaze no stigma - action based
zegapain - mecha
Old 2007-12-01, 10:57   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Saiunkoku Monogatari is a feminist adventure set in a fantasy Asian empire. It mixes action and politics with a substantial dash of romance as well. SaiMono has, by far, the most romance of shows in its genre like Junni Kokki or Seirei no Moribito. It's licensed, though. The link to its Wikipedia page is in bottom row of my signature.
Old 2007-12-01, 20:16   Link #8
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Suspense: Kaiji, Death Note

Romance: Kanon 2006(has a little bit of action and supernatural happenings), Clannad(same as Kanon) and perhaps Air.

Action: Samurai Champloo, has tons of action, plenty of comedy and is very episodic.(wtf rapping samurai)
Old 2007-12-01, 22:30   Link #9
Eternal_destiny
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Eternal_destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by miaka View Post
Kaze no stigma - action based
i second kaze no stigma! it really picks up later on the series
Old 2007-12-02, 10:36   Link #10
psgels

Send a message via MSN to psgels
Kaiji and Death Note have romance? Especially Kaiji surprises me. There hasn't been an entire female in the entire series. :P

Anyway, you might want to check out The Third (although the amount of romance is quite low), Simoun (although the romance is part-yuri), Revolutionary Girl Utena, Now and Then, Here and There, Kemonozume or Sci-Fi Harry.
Old 2007-12-02, 13:17   Link #11
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I definitely second Zegapain - among the two of my favorite mecha animes. SciFi/action/romance

Basilisk should be worth checking out - action/fantasy/adventure/some romance

Erementar Gerad should fit the bill very nicely - adventure/fantasy/romance. Unlike most shounen shows, this has a romance that actually goes somewhere.

You can give Sola a try - romance/drama/fantasy

Starship Operators perhaps ? Not that high on the romance side, but should be decent overall. SciFi/adventure/action/some romance

Futakoi Alternative is something i would readily suggest. A very weird and unique mixed bag that works out very nicely in the end. Among my top 5. Romance/Drama/comedy

Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu - SciFi/romance/drama. Only 6 episodes, and one of the best deals you can ask by watching 6 episodes of something
Old 2007-12-06, 08:34   Link #12
ainekaikan

Ranma 1/2
Inuyasha
Fushigi Yugi
Ceres
Alice 19th
Closed Thread