AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-31, 14:43   Link #21
broken270
Defying gravity

Just a few hours remain until we flood this with who we nominated for 2012. I have a pretty decent list here myself, but, of course, I hope that all of the girls I have nominated make it this year. One can only hope.
Spoiler for Wrestling Reference:
Old 2011-12-31, 14:50   Link #22
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Or the Inner Sphere and Clans from Battletech?
Old 2011-12-31, 15:07   Link #23
Team Rocket Elite

Will returning iDOLM@STER characters be considered Stella or Nova? It was a gap of slightly under 4 years between the end of Xenoglossia and the new series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/f...php?f=2&t=2628
(see first post)

I was thinking the same thing that the top 24 should auto-qualify regardless of which division they qualify to. Instead, it will be the top 12 equally for each division. There were more representatives with winning records in the stella division. The Nova division still had a few spots available.

Only one that got a second chance despite her record that I wanted to see in the preliminaries <My opinion> is Haruna.
That only works on this transition year to two divisions. There won't be a combined top 24 at the end of 2012 to use for 2013 preliminary auto-qualifications.
Old 2011-12-31, 15:13   Link #24
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Will Nova and Stella not face off in the end to get a final winner?

If not, why? Is there such a huge fanbase behind certain old characters?
Old 2011-12-31, 15:19   Link #25
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Will returning iDOLM@STER characters be considered Stella or Nova? It was a gap of slightly under 4 years between the end of Xenoglossia and the new series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012
Series which are set in alternate universes and may have characters who share the same name but differ in other traits will be considered on a case-by-case basis by Staff.
I'm going to assume that this rule will come into play when determining idolmaster characters's status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post

The necklace showdown is common, so the top 3 characters in both divisions, plus the better ranked of the 4th character in either division will all compete for a single necklace. There will also be additional 1v1 exhibition matches between characters of two divisions that do not affect anything. Also, after each division's own SE tournament come to an end, the top 8 participants in both divisions will join together for a single SE tournament aiming for the tiara.
Old 2011-12-31, 15:21   Link #26
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post

The top 8 from Nova and Top 8 from Stella was face off in a final single elimination tournament to crown the champion.
Old 2011-12-31, 15:28   Link #27
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Hmmm, who to nominate...

I think Madoka and Homura will get in without my nomination vote.

Spoiler for Certain to Nominate:

That leaves me with four slots left.

Spoiler for 27 on my maybe list:

A big mix of old and new in there. The new split divisions is giving me the feeling that some new "old" characters might be viable this year. Last year you only needed 93 votes to make it past the nomination.

I'm wondering if most of the nominations are made in the "Nova" field, if that will leave the "Stella" field with a lower nomination threshold. Or will it be vice versa?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-12-31, 15:43   Link #28
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
So guys, Fate will make Top 16 this year!

@Sackett: Some of us think that Stella will have more nominations.
Old 2011-12-31, 17:02   Link #29
wontaek

Quote:

That only works on this transition year to two divisions. There won't be a combined top 24 at the end of 2012 to use for 2013 preliminary auto-qualifications.
They will be considered as Nova. Also, if we waive the alternate universe rule to force Idolmaster to be placed in Stella ( thus meaning proper interpretation of the rules says Idolmaster is Nova ), I know several Koreans and also several other people from English Anime fans that will threaten to harm all the staff members.

Last edited by wontaek; 2011-12-31 at 18:08.
Old 2011-12-31, 17:06   Link #30
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Nova might have more nominations since people will probably have the mindset of nominating new characters(And the fact that most of the top tier stella characters are already auto qualified...while I imagine a few new Nova characters might be heavy hitters...but only a few), but they'll have fewer overall votes otherwise. They will win 2 necklaces at most with Kanade guaranteed to win one of the two.

That's my prediction anyways.
Old 2011-12-31, 17:14   Link #31
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

While the old characters now have their own section to indulge themselves, I like to keep my nominations fresh every year even if I like some of the older characters and will most likely support them more overall.

These are my confirmed nominations
1. Elsie - Kami nomi
2. Haqua - Kami nomi
3. Kanon - Kami nomi
4. Yune - Ikoku Meiro
5. Sana - Mashiro Iro
6. Sena - Boku wa Tomodachi
7. Ohana - Hanasaku Iroha

8-12 are open slots if anyone wants to remind me of good characters (keep it 2011) I might like to add (or trade if you nominate some of the ones I picked above SPECIALLY THE TOP 3)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2011-12-31, 17:38   Link #32
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
They will be considered as Nova. Also, if we wave the alternate universe rule to force Idolmaster to be placed in Stella ( thus meaning proper interpretation of the rules says Idolmaster is Nova ), I know several Koreans and also several other people from English Anime fans that will threaten to harm all the staff members.
Xenoglossia exists! Don't let the haters say otherwise! But seriously, I think it's probably the right the decision to have them in Nova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Nova might have more nominations since people will probably have the mindset of nominating new characters(And the fact that most of the top tier stella characters are already auto qualified...while I imagine a few new Nova characters might be heavy hitters...but only a few), but they'll have fewer overall votes otherwise. They will win 2 necklaces at most with Kanade guaranteed to win one of the two.

That's my prediction anyways.
There's only 5 necklaces so a 2-3 split between Nova and Stella is pretty much the ideal with neither side dominating. Well maybe not if the two Nova winners are Kanade and Kuroneko who have both won necklaces before and no one else for Nova gets close.
Old 2011-12-31, 17:59   Link #33
chaosprophet

Quote:
It still won`t be simply if the priority is an equal number of contestants for both divisions. After all, some of the Nova characters of an year becomes Stella characters in the next.
Old 2011-12-31, 18:02   Link #34
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
There's only 5 necklaces so a 2-3 split between Nova and Stella is pretty much the ideal with neither side dominating. Well maybe not if the two Nova winners are Kanade and Kuroneko who have both won necklaces before and no one else for Nova gets close.
That's pretty much what I'm expecting since I think Homura will be the strongest new contender this year...Even if I think her performance against Kuroneko is way above what her norm will be in the regular season...But if I consider that to be her true strength, then I think she will be the best of the new contestants. If it's not...then I don't really know.

But even Kuroneko has a good chance of not winning a necklace when there is only 5 necklaces to win. I don't think she's the fifth strongest character...Close, but not quite.
Old 2011-12-31, 18:16   Link #35
ppaaccoojrf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
These are my confirmed nominations
1. Elsie - Kami nomi
2. Haqua - Kami nomi
3. Kanon - Kami nomi
4. Yune - Ikoku Meiro
5. Sana - Mashiro Iro
6. Sena - Boku wa Tomodachi

7. Ohana - Hanasaku Iroha
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
8-12 are open slots if anyone wants to remind me of good characters (keep it 2011) I might like to add (or trade if you nominate some of the ones I picked above SPECIALLY THE TOP 3)
How about Yuru-Yuri characters? Though I'd think they'd get there anyway... I would seriously appreciate Wanko from Majikoi or Minami from BakaTest.

Spoiler for Confirmed List:
I'm not including Kurisu because I figure she doesn't need my vote, but I hope not too many people think that way.

Spoiler for "Maybe" List:
Old 2011-12-31, 18:18   Link #36
Eater of All
NOM

Five years... I remember when I used to be young.

So for nominations, my list is already set.

Makise Kurisu - Steins;Gate
Christina - Steins;Gate
Assistant - Steins;Gate
2channer - Steins;Gate
The Zombie - Steins;Gate

What? What do you mean, that's illegal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
That's pretty much what I'm expecting since I think Homura will be the strongest new contender this year...Even if I think her performance against Kuroneko is way above what her norm will be in the regular season...But if I consider that to be her true strength, then I think she will be the best of the new contestants. If it's not...then I don't really know.

But even Kuroneko has a good chance of not winning a necklace when there is only 5 necklaces to win. I don't think she's the fifth strongest character...Close, but not quite.
If Kuroneko isn't 5th this year, I highly doubt she will be in 2012. Newcomers always weaken at a faster rate than veterans.
Old 2011-12-31, 18:28   Link #37
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
If Kuroneko isn't 5th this year, I highly doubt she will be in 2012. Newcomers always weaken at a faster rate than veterans.
This isn't always true. Sometimes exceptions show up.

2009 - 7th
2010 - 6th
2011 - 5th

And Taiga did that with absolutely nothing in terms of new material.
Old 2011-12-31, 18:32   Link #38
ppaaccoojrf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
So for nominations, my list is already set.

Makise Kurisu - Steins;Gate
Christina - Steins;Gate
Assistant - Steins;Gate
2channer - Steins;Gate
Za Zombie - Steins;Gate
Laboratory Member No. 4 - Steins;Gate
Chestnut Rice and Kamehameha - Steins;Gate
Fix'd and improved.
Old 2011-12-31, 18:52   Link #39
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

All veterans were new at some point in time, remember.
Old 2011-12-31, 19:10   Link #40
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Closed Thread

Tags
isml, saimoe, tournament