AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-17, 22:43   Link #741
Marina2

(Just want to quote again)

My expectation for next Achiga chapter:

Teru - Her ability might work with everyone but maybe only one person at time. I wonder how this ability will help her making Nine gates/Lanterns hand. I hope we will get to see her teammate chatting i next ch. too.

Kuro - Come to think of it, Isn't this suppose to be the final match for Kuro in Achiga-hen?? Even Kuro lost, I think she will do something remarkable at least. (maybe entire dora hand "kazoe-yakuman")

Toki - Senriyama'ace. I think next ch. will be battle between Teru and Toki with Kuro and other school try to get in or avoid the fight. Toki will probably lost to Teru even though she has the ability to predict one round of discard. Somehow, I think the author might play with Toki's condition (Her poor Health) in this match. Still, trying to image Toki's face when she lost is one of the hardest thing LOL. Toki is one my favorite girl in Achiga-hen afte all.

Other school student - Since she played with Teru before, I think she will do the explanation job for us about Teru ability. I like her, you know. I meant she faced Teru before and she's still can make a smile in this match. She might either has strong mind or just very carefree.

(Continue from the last joke)
Kuro: God, can you help me???
God: NO, I refuse to get in the business between DEMONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
does mangaka even know what she is doing?

12 pages on a monthly scheduled while writing it like it is a weekly serial?
She is focusing on Saki Achiga-hen story right now. When it finished, Saki sholud be released normally. (Saki is bi-weekly manga if you forgot)
Old 2012-02-17, 23:50   Link #742
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Again as another pathetic Saki chapter, the author better pick up their game
Old 2012-02-18, 01:36   Link #743
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
She is focusing on Saki Achiga-hen story right now. When it finished, Saki sholud be released normally. (Saki is bi-weekly manga if you forgot)
No no... She should focused on Saki than Achiga.. Achiga is getting 50++ pages every week, 70+ in one even..

Achiga should only be getting 30+ pages.. The rest of her attention should be given to the main story, Saki..

Kobayashi Ritz seriously need to pick herself up.. Saki have been free falling since her sudden 2 months (or was it 2 weeks?) break..
dingmajiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 13:01   Link #744
King-Slayer

I love Saki more but since Achiga is going to be finished in a few chapter and the anime is appearing soon, she should focus on Achiga.

Again i see nothing wrong with the chapter except it feeling short. I love Miyamori and Toyone and am glad that the next chapter is in two weeks.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 02:09   Link #745
Qilin
Romanticist

So, the finals is looking like it's going to be between:

1. Shiraitodai (Teru is sheer awesomeness)
2. Achiga/Senriyama
3. Kiyosumi
4. whichever other school places after/before Kiyosumi

Dang. I'm all fired up. Now, if the author would just release chapters faster...
Old 2012-02-24, 05:57   Link #746
FateAnomaly

Logically speaking placing the mirror directly behind an opponent is not very useful for looking at their tiles though...She can't really see it as the body blocks the tiles. If she place it at 45 between 2 players that will be more useful. So i think maybe it is not really to see their tiles.

Saki's parents sure have precognitive ability though if they could name their child related to the ability they would gain later in life lol.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 06:52   Link #747
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Saki's parents sure have precognitive ability though if they could name their child related to the ability they would gain later in life lol.
Or alternatively, it might have been the name itself that inspired her to gain such abilities to begin with. lol.
Old 2012-03-07, 11:39   Link #748
Marina2

Hmm......Somehow, I feel that author's decision on Achiga team's member position is strange.

Achiga team #1 goal is to play with Nodoka again ,but from their player position, the person who will get to play with Nodoka is Arata,who doesn't have any relationship with Nodoka at all. (It was said that Arata never show up at club room, so I don't think Arata knew Nodoka before she moved away)
Old 2012-03-07, 23:50   Link #749
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Hmm......Somehow, I feel that author's decision on Achiga team's member position is strange.

Achiga team #1 goal is to play with Nodoka again ,but from their player position, the person who will get to play with Nodoka is Arata,who doesn't have any relationship with Nodoka at all. (It was said that Arata never show up at club room, so I don't think Arata knew Nodoka before she moved away)
You could say that that also applies to Kiyosumi's member positions.

Why is Saki the the last player of Kiyosumi when Teru, her older sister, is the first player of Shiraitodai?
Old 2012-03-08, 02:57   Link #750
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
You could say that that also applies to Kiyosumi's member positions.

Why is Saki the the last player of Kiyosumi when Teru, her older sister, is the first player of Shiraitodai?
Kiyosumi is different case. Saki can meet and play with Teru in individual competition. As for the team competition, author has set Awai as "final boss" for Saki.

But for Achiga, none of their members join individual competition ,so Shizuno,Ako and Kuro won't have a chance to play with Nodoka (in tournament) at all.
Old 2012-03-08, 08:44   Link #751
night_sentinel

Quote:

I think that Achiga's positioning makes sense actually from a strategic point of view. Arata who don't know Nodoka will be the one playing her so though there might not be any emotional catharsis involved at least they won't be fighting their friends and be burdened giving the other teams easy wins.

For example if Shizuno was matched with Nodoka. It would actually be good for the plot but strategically it will not be good for Achiga. We know Nodoka who plays like a computer would perhaps not mind being matched with an old friend and crushing her. But will Shizuno try her best in fighting Nodoka? Perhaps or perhaps not. Better not risk it.

Though, I understand it is more exciting and make sense for the plot for either Shizuno or Ako to be matched with Nodoka.

@ Quilin And yes it is similar to Kiyosumi's lineup. I would really like if Teru moved into the captain position. It would make an awesome finals if that happens. But, strategically perhaps Saki and Teru are better at their lineup Captain and Vanguard respectively. And considering both of them are doing a good job of pretending they don't know each other they can't really say to their team mates that I want to move into the captain or vanguard position...

Of course this whole discussion assumes that the team lineup can be changed perhaps its fixed? If its fixed since they don't know who will be fighting who so most teams will optimize their lineup than try to match a specific person to a particular person in another team's lineup.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 12:13   Link #752
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for Achiga-hen Ch 8 one image:

Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 13:28   Link #753
Marina2

^
^
้How did you get that, isn't the release date is 12th. Not that I don't like, I'm just wonder how can the raw of many manga comeout 1-2 earlier than actual release date.....

Anyway,more images please ^^
Old 2012-03-10, 21:04   Link #754
Peanutbutter

Found another: (not actual scan though)

Spoiler:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 01:27   Link #755
night_sentinel

Peanutbutter thanks for the scans.

Spoiler for ....:
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 02:53   Link #756
dingmajiao

WOW... Teru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /me fanboy.. LOL...
dingmajiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 07:27   Link #757
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

teru huh, i just want to know why she hates saki, itll probally be for some petty reason.
Old 2012-03-12, 09:46   Link #758
Marina2

Does Achiga ch.8 not release on schedule or something?

Normally, I should find some reviews on japanese blog already..,but today I can't find anything related to it...
Old 2012-03-12, 10:48   Link #759
tsunade666

sometimes or more often the release date doesn't reflect on the actual release in stores.

Well nice picture of Teru pawning the match.
Old 2012-03-12, 12:22   Link #760
Marina2

Some more pics for achiga ch.8
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/katsu666/e/7d4...9bc0b255c69633

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri