AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

View Poll Results: Utawarerumono Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 40.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 38.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 13.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-21, 20:29   Link #21
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
No.

The direction and mood transition flows better this way.
No, in reference to?
Old 2006-06-21, 22:45   Link #22
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Sir, I am disagreeing with you.

The anime handles the scene better. The mood transition flows better and is less hackneyed.
Old 2006-06-22, 12:41   Link #23
Rafal

Quote:
The anime handles the scene better. The mood transition flows better and is less hackneyed.
Well, I don't care about mood transition or whatever, this simply was a nice and funny scene in the game and feel it's a shame that this wasn't the case in the anime. The battle and the music itself was good, but they failed to show a funny dialogue and a few charming aspects of Touka's character here imo.
Old 2006-06-22, 17:45   Link #24
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Touka has natsuki crisis... but she is NOT wild e coyote
Old 2006-06-22, 21:28   Link #25
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Even if her portayal was closer to the game's she's hardly a Wily E. Coyote (sp?). Natsuki has at least a couple of "crises" so you'd have to be a little specific. She's quite tsun-dere (though not quite in the usual sense), but she's not a lesbian in the purest sense, if that's what you were referring to. She is definetly a

Spoiler:

Anyway, the game portrayal may have been jarring for the mood transition and direction, but it develops Touka's character. This is an anime, not an artistic film. Mood transition and direction would be very important in the latter, but the former doesn't really have to follow those filmmaking standards anywhere close to the letter.

Utawarerumono is a work that bets big on its story and characters, so developing those characters would be paramount. It's an anime, so it doesn't have to bet big on direction and filmmaking qualities. They help, but they're not as necessary as in an art film, or even a typical film created in Hollywood.

I think you're taking Utawarerumono a bit too seriously for the wrong reasons.
Old 2006-06-23, 03:32   Link #26
Takemi_Ikazuchi

she's not tsundere

she's a quasi airhead with questionable luck

Aruru is a tsundere
Kuuya is a tsundere
heck, oboro is a tsundere

but not Touka

Natsuki crisis basically means life screwing over your otherwise oh so cool image and person

Wild E Coyote refers to that particular bridge scene in the game. Though you wouldn't know about it SINCE YOU HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED IT YET

Yes, I am at fault for bringing up the accursed game topic, but I did not start this.
Old 2006-06-23, 05:17   Link #27
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
she's not tsundere

she's a quasi airhead with questionable luck

Aruru is a tsundere
Kuuya is a tsundere
heck, oboro is a tsundere

but not Touka
Aruruw may be a tsundere... but barely. The others don't qualify <_<

Quote:
Wild E Coyote refers to that particular bridge scene in the game. Though you wouldn't know about it SINCE YOU HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED IT YET

Yes, I am at fault for bringing up the accursed game topic, but I did not start this.
I *have* played the game and I thought the game handled it better. I seriously hope they don't pluck all the comedy out of Touka's character, as most of her important character development in the game is done through comedy.

EDIT: Maybe a mod can move all the posts starting at PGilis's post (excluding Srin Tuar's) to the game thread, as I think we're heavily derailing this one...
Old 2006-06-23, 06:36   Link #28
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

...Aruru so isn't a tsundere.... She's too affectionate to people she likes

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2006-06-23, 07:00   Link #29
Rafal

Quote:

I have played the game and I'm not sure I understand your Wile E Coyote reference.

Spoiler for game:

Also, none of the characters are tsundere imo, though Kuuya might come close (but not really).

And what do you mean with you being at fault for bringing up the accursed game topic? Where did you bring this up?
Old 2006-06-23, 08:44   Link #30
Takemi_Ikazuchi

It is frowned upon to talk about the game in episode threads.

No, not even when comparing differences... there is a seperate thread for that, plus it's generally counter productive. Go to the Fate Stay Night anime forum and you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, I'll just say this.. those of you who know the game beforefand.. don't jump the gun too soon. Complaining about this alteration is equivalent to complaining on why the chose to make the twin flowers non identical, or how nuwangi cheated death, or how they omitted the first bee hive scene, or how they didn't explain Karura's mercy kill, where the heck is Kuuya, ect..

There is a rhyme and reason to this.. let the show go on first. From my experience these concerns are usually wrong, and Utawarerumono seems to be handled by someone who understands the story.
Old 2006-06-23, 10:14   Link #31
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

*sigh* Here I wanted to discuss the anime and all I hear is "ZOMG!The anime is not like the game!"

I liked this episode,I was getting forward to when we'd learn more about Hakuoro's true identity.And it seems he did something really evil,especially to have soldiers thrown so recklessly against him!
Old 2006-06-23, 10:26   Link #32
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
wth is tsundere anyway?
Old 2006-06-23, 10:59   Link #33
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Sanctisstessa
wth is tsundere anyway?
Happen to know because of this link in a recent Haruhi thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...light=tsundere
Old 2006-06-23, 18:25   Link #34
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Sanctisstessa
wth is tsundere anyway?

*sigh*

Kids these days, how it hurts me they don't know the classics....

*sobs over Akane/Asuka/Misa Hayase the forgotten Tsundere *

Old 2006-06-23, 21:44   Link #35
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Like the others said, Aruruu's not tsundere. Kuuya comes close, but not really there. Oboro, not really as well.

Touka isn't really tsundere either. There's most definetly a whole another anime archetype for her, I just don't know what it's called.

And besides, you only got the tsun-tsun, not the dere.

Quote:
Not entirely correct. I do have the game, but I haven't played it yet cause 1. I'm on a trip and 2. I have a bunch of other games I wanna finish first.

I am following Mastress Alita's summaries of the game. They are quite good and detailed, so I do know about the particular scene (otherwise how would I be comparing this episode to the original scene?) (not the exact dialogue, but that's not needed here).

I haven't played the game. But that doesn't make what I say any less valid if what I say is accurate and informed, which it is.

And yeah, what exactly do you mean by "Wile E. Coyote?" Her cartoonish hanging in the air? Probably not, as that's just a simple anime and Japanese game convention. Do you mean her silliness? Well that's part of her character, after all.

(I'm on a really shaky internet connection, hence the attempt to predict your questions in advance).
Old 2006-06-24, 04:41   Link #36
Takemi_Ikazuchi

let me put this in the most gentle way possible...

I know you haven't played the game
I know you've been basing this mostly on Alita's synopses (who while dedicated, has a limited understanding of Japanese)

so you see.. you really... don't have the right to compare anything to the game... at all...

that's equivalent to someone browsing moonlit world, reading about fate stay night, and complaining how the anime buthered scene xyz... it doesn't work that way.. and they're always wrong because they're basing it on a made up interpretation.

If you want to talk about this further feel free to private mail me
Old 2006-06-25, 22:43   Link #37
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Takemi's ad hominem aside (commence PM war!!)

Onto the episode:

There's a chance they may come up with a better way to do Touka, so I'm going to see what happens in tomorrow's episode. Maybe it'll be better. Maybe not.

Spoiler for light game spoiler:
Old 2006-07-01, 10:34   Link #38
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Happen to know because of this link in a recent Haruhi thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...light=tsundere
I remember that

12 is out
Old 2006-07-01, 13:28   Link #39
masakenji

WOW! good episode, but i think theres a explanation for hakuro past, cause he cant be that bad, can he?
Old 2006-07-01, 16:18   Link #40
Mandrake

whether or not he was that bad or not, it's not who he is now. Experiences and the enviroment play part in the grow of a person. Now...what I do find disturbing...he did have a wife and children, what made him snap? Something sinister I bet, but I'm not sure if it was his fault. (all speculation at this point)
Closed Thread