AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-02-16, 23:57   Link #381
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
I can see Guilty Gear Accent Core coming out as a cross platform game. It's been doing that so far. As for PS2 or PS3, my bets on PS2.
Y'know when it comes to Guilty Gear... considering it's srpite based and all, how much use could it get out of a high end machine, like PS3 or 360 anyway?
The Wii's lower end is just more suitable when you think about that... though i'd be willing to bet that Accent core playing with the wii mote just like the Mortal Kombat is going to do...

Frankly, i've never been much of a fan of Fighting games... haven't played one in a long time actually. To me, memorizing a long list of button combos just to pull off the best moves, is just plain not fun... so i might actually be more interested in the wiimote controlled fighting
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 00:04   Link #382
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Frankly, i've never been much of a fan of Fighting games... haven't played one in a long time actually. To me, memorizing a long list of button combos just to pull off the best moves, is just plain not fun... so i might actually be more interested in the wiimote controlled fighting
Have you played DBZ : BT2 on the Wii? Good controls for the most part, despite what some reviewers said, they just take some getting use to. But man will your arm cry
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 00:13   Link #383
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Have you played DBZ : BT2 on the Wii? Good controls for the most part, despite what some reviewers said, they just take some getting use to. But man will your arm cry
well, the wiimote is design to detect pretty sensitive motions~ unless your batters were low. It happened to me once when my battery started to die and i was waving my arm and was getting tired, but felt nice lol. Even if little motion is required i still find my self waving pretty hard time to time(when i get into the heat of things!). I wish they would change the "pound A button like a madman" for recovery to "wave the wiimoote for recovery!"... it be so much easier on my poor thumb!
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 05:17   Link #384
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Weeeeell, I think I'm leaning more on playing fighting games the old fashioned way if ever on a wii-mote since actually doing or a move or something close, might not be such a good idea. 30 second, 1 point battles cos' nobody's is gonna last longer than that xD In addition, reacting to mixups is easier on a pad. Like, you can block high with just a flick of the thumb.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 09:16   Link #385
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaOH View Post
well, the wiimote is design to detect pretty sensitive motions~ unless your batters were low. It happened to me once when my battery started to die and i was waving my arm and was getting tired, but felt nice lol. Even if little motion is required i still find my self waving pretty hard time to time(when i get into the heat of things!). I wish they would change the "pound A button like a madman" for recovery to "wave the wiimoote for recovery!"... it be so much easier on my poor thumb!
Its DBZ, you know you can't play that game calmly

Its Real Life! :P
Old 2007-02-18, 13:03   Link #386
Zoe

Is there anybody in Japan who could help me buy Mainichi Issho cosplay packs?

I'd buy it myself, but who knows when they'll actually release the PSN cards
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 13:39   Link #387
Fome

I'm just wondering, is the net browsing really as sluggish as I've heard? Or has it been improved via updates since then? How reliable is the wifi in general?
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 16:20   Link #388
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
Net browsing isn't exactly speedy but it's not terribly slow either. But really that's more of a "Wow look at what I can do, isn't that neat" kind of feature, no real use for it.
The WiFi is perfect, I love it. Running an ethernet cable into my room would have been a huge pain. Speeds are fast. As long as you have a good router you shouldn't see much of a difference between ethernet and WiFi.
Not being able to transfer files to your PS3 from computers on the same network is very annoying though. Having to transfer files with flash based media isn't fun.
Old 2007-02-19, 02:39   Link #389
Lebron
I hear voices

I actually think the Wii's internet brower is a lot better than the PS3's. Just from my experience of course.

Now the Wifi when playing games, is pretty good for the most part. Few lag sessions on our side. Kayos is an exception, because he has crappy DSL :P
Old 2007-02-19, 10:19   Link #390
Zoe

Quote:
I actually think the Wii's internet brower is a lot better than the PS3's. Just from my experience of course.
I haven't used it very much, but I would never be able to think of a browser as "good" unless there is keyboard support for it. Wii's point-and-click keyboard is just too slow and clunky (really bad for somebody with shaky hands).
Old 2007-02-19, 18:10   Link #391
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Who really cares about the internet browser. You bought a system to play games online not surf the web. That's why you have your pc and what not. Game consoles for gaming and computers for non-mentionable things.

The only online you should be doing with a ps3 is online gaming or browsing ps3 network store. If your off checking your emails or looking at non-mentionable sites, you're wrong.

Yes my dsl is crappy, I'm with earthlink and the tech support are all in India. I called them to upgrade my service, the guy said 15 days it'll be up. 3 months go by and nothing. Funk earthlink and their tech support.
Internet Browsing from your TV is the next big thing. *remembers back to the time of WebTV....sigh...*

Wow Earthlink eh? I had them way back in the day, hated it, but it was like a free trial, so wasn't that bad. All computer related CS lines are like in India. I remember I had to call Microsoft and HP, when i was trying to install my new PC and Vista. What gear grinding experience that was....

let me redirect you, oh ok let me redirect you, oh really let me redirect you, hi what is your problem? Oh ok let me redirect you...never ending cycle
Old 2007-02-19, 21:14   Link #392
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Yes my dsl is crappy, I'm with earthlink and the tech support are all in India. I called them to upgrade my service, the guy said 15 days it'll be up. 3 months go by and nothing. Funk earthlink and their tech support.
Try qwest I pay $90 a month for 56k/b speeds and wireless, I get no more then 56k/b down and 15k/b up.
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 03:36   Link #393
Lebron
I hear voices

I should be picking up VF5 either today or tomorrow. Have to finish my English paper before I get it. They ticking me off though, I can't seem to find a Horistick with VF5 included pack, like the Japanese got. Owellz just will have to buy them together then, $110 spent :/
Old 2007-02-20, 09:46   Link #394
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Now that's pretty bad, that's like double my dsl cost for dialup speed.
It's not all bad[/sarcasm] I also get little treats like, my internet going out at random intervals, poor custmor service, horrible internet blackouts, and (My favorite) "Well it's not our fault, let me redriect you"-quest 'professional'.
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 18:30   Link #395
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Often the games are shipped on their release date, so you can only find them one day later, if not later.
Old 2007-02-21, 00:35   Link #396
Zoe

Quote:
I should be picking up VF5 either today or tomorrow. Have to finish my English paper before I get it. They ticking me off though, I can't seem to find a Horistick with VF5 included pack, like the Japanese got. Owellz just will have to buy them together then, $110 spent :/
How much is the combo? All games are region-free (and the big ones seem to have English options), so you could always get the import if it's cheaper.
Old 2007-02-21, 01:15   Link #397
Lebron
I hear voices

Technically yeah, but Sega recalled the High Grade Stick's in Japan, so they're like impossible to find right now. I hear they started shipping the new updated ones back to retailers and consumers this week in Japan, so still, I think it will be hard to find. Play-Asia has had them on backorder for a while.

The arcade stick they have over here in America, which is the $50 Hori one, is pretty basic. I have like 5 others that look just like it, really don't want to have to buy it
I hope Sega will ship the High Grade Sticks to NA around next week or the following. Then I'll be able to hold off for the time being, and just tough it out with the PS3 pad--which sucks nuts for playing VF
Old 2007-02-21, 01:39   Link #398
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Gamespot gave VF5 an 8.1, citing "poor singleplayer options."
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/v...;picks;title;5

Masterful review by our lovable Jeff Gerstmann.

I'm not going to comment much on how ridiculously stupid this review is, but it's pretty damned stupid.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 01:58   Link #399
Lebron
I hear voices

It's ok, thats the lame duck in the pond. All others have mostly been solid, and 8.1 isn't a bad score, but for VF it is, thats DOA worthy scores :P

The amount of SP options, can get kind of dull to the non-hardcore, and the lack of any Online features is a let down. I don't care if they didn't want to put online play in, they could added some online integration, like leader boards, replay shares, or something. Come on Sega
Old 2007-02-21, 19:11   Link #400
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Question.

Why is it that the import VF5 is 1080p while the domestic version is 720p?

Because 720p in English is spelt as "High Definition" and 1080p in Japanese is spelt as "Hi-Vision"?

lol. who knows?
maybe Japanese market users have more 1080p HV displays.

meh, why care? 720p is still HD, not like your eyes can tell the difference anyway

Tags
console, ps3, sony