AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-05-16, 02:50   Link #981
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

OMG What am I seeing with my mind's eye? Deformed Fates? Mutated experiments a la Alien Resurrection?! AH! MY MIND! ARGH!!!
Old 2007-05-16, 03:40   Link #982
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Let not go there, just because she has red eyes doesn't mean anything.....

A bunch of other characters have same coloured eyes and/or hair...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 04:42   Link #983
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Let's kick start a new dot point. When was Erio discovered from a facility? Cos from what he said in epi 5/6, it's seems to be an awfully short time for him to "learn magic" from the time he "became aware of his surroundings" if he was discovered only 2 years before StrikerS. I read that somewhere, but need confirmation.
According to JP wiki, StS Starter book and SSM stated that Erio was "rescued" at MC-age 69.
As anime's time-frame is set to MC-age 75, that means Fate rescued Erio 6 years ago, and he's supposedly 4 yrs old by then.

Of course, me not having these source myself means I can't confirm them right now... so it's up to you to trust it.

Oh by the way, 2 years aren't exactly short considering when Fate herself was only trained for 2 years, and she was already exceptionally good mage at 1st season.
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 14:28   Link #984
Same_Shark

Does anyone get the feeling that Ginga may become more important throughout the series.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 16:46   Link #985
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Does anyone get the feeling that Ginga may become more important throughout the series.
Nah, not really...

... Unless the main plot of StrikerS is link with what happened to thier mother, I'm saving that feeling for Erio and Carol, whose past are unknown, as well as Chrono who is mentioned several times but not seen...
Old 2007-05-16, 17:42   Link #986
KempoCatholic
GaoGaiGarMOE!

Well, with 26 episodes they seem to have enough time to explore the backgrounds of all of their characters to some degree. Obviously Fate and Erio are gonna be a major plot point with Project F, and Lutecia goes without saying, but I'm sure Mrs. Nakajima's death, Teana's brother's death, and Nanoha's injury will all have some part to play, even if its just in the form of a flashback.
KempoCatholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 05:23   Link #987
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

wait Teana's brother's death??
woah now thats interesting to know as the upcoming episodes will play a hard role on Teana...
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 05:35   Link #988
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
wait Teana's brother's death??
woah now thats interesting to know as the upcoming episodes will play a hard role on Teana...
IIRC, Teana's brother dies pre-StrikerS, so whatever effect it'll have on Teana will be in the form of flashbacks.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 05:38   Link #989
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

but I think it might have an effect after this episode...how did he die anyways??

sorry i've only seen the manga chapters of StrikerS from 1-3.
Old 2007-05-17, 06:06   Link #990
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
but I think it might have an effect after this episode...how did he die anyways??

sorry i've only seen the manga chapters of StrikerS from 1-3.

Nobody knows...

... In fact, we could only take Teana's words for it...
Old 2007-05-17, 06:09   Link #991
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

so it wasn't mentioned...hhmmm, that could be interesting seeing as to how Teana is acting after episode 7....it could be a clue to something that she was the cause of her brother's death?
Old 2007-05-17, 06:14   Link #992
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
so it wasn't mentioned...hhmmm, that could be interesting seeing as to how Teana is acting after episode 7....it could be a clue to something that she was the cause of her brother's death?

Brother died protecting her? Sure why not...

But I believe it's more got to do with her wanting to be an Enforcer specifically.
Old 2007-05-17, 06:20   Link #993
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

man theres alot of back stories to these new rookies...Elio's past, Caro's past and connection with Lucetia, Teana's past, and well maybe Subaru's past also....i dont know if there was anything life changing events that happened to Subaru except for the fire incident in episode 1.
with so many back stories, its a good thing its a 26 episode season. (even though people complain about it being too slow in terms of action and stuff)

anyways, people were talking about thisguy's spoiler back in the episode 7 poll thread and i decided to have a look at it by PM "this guy"...nothing much about the future episodes and ending, but there was alot about Teana and made me wonder alot about her background story now....
Old 2007-05-17, 06:42   Link #994
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
man theres alot of back stories to these new rookies...Elio's past, Caro's past and connection with Lucetia, Teana's past, and well maybe Subaru's past also....i dont know if there was anything life changing events that happened to Subaru except for the fire incident in episode 1.
with so many back stories, its a good thing its a 26 episode season. (even though people complain about it being too slow in terms of action and stuff)
Without a doubt there's no shortage of unknown background stories...

... What exactly happened to the Tome of Night Sky so many years ago...

... The *cough* bloody incident...

... How did they first meet other Ancient Velka users...

... The Scryas...

Most of which we may never get a straight answer...
Old 2007-05-17, 06:50   Link #995
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

ahhh yes, the infamous bloody incident...i will be very disappointed if they never clearly explain this throughout this season...26 episodes, one of them must explain this incident...it was hinted alot already in the past episodes...we should get an explanation soon, well, with Teana's incident and all
Old 2007-05-17, 20:52   Link #996
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nah, not really...

... Unless the main plot of StrikerS is link with what happened to thier mother, I'm saving that feeling for Erio and Carol, whose past are unknown, as well as Chrono who is mentioned several times but not seen...
It makes sense to involve Ginga since she has the Revolver Knuckle for the left hand.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 21:20   Link #997
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
It makes sense to involve Ginga since she has the Revolver Knuckle for the left hand.
To involve her? Sure.

But to make her an important character? Only if the plot somehow swings towards their mother's death... Or at least something life changing that happened to her...
Old 2007-05-17, 21:24   Link #998
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A lot of unanswered background stories. Really hope they can solve a few of them for us. Certain most want to have the bloody incident explained. I guess there is only so much they can explain, but some of those things, along with the mysteries surrounding the rookies would be nice.

Yeah I think Ginga will be around, but probably won't be central to the plot as it moves forward.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 21:38   Link #999
Meophist

I think Ginga will be an important character. She appears in the opening at an interesting time.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 23:42   Link #1000
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I think Ginga will be an important character. She appears in the opening at an interesting time.
Well, there's that too...

... But base on the current situation, there's no reason to believe she'll be an important character, just involved.

EDIT:

WOOHOO! 1000!

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-05-17 at 23:54.