AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 7 12.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 30.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 21.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-07, 13:42   Link #61
Senshigeia

I was like WTF when Yuji/SnH said in the end of episode 4 that the Haridan belonged to him in the first place. Now I get it!
Old 2011-11-07, 22:32   Link #62
Headgamer

As many others have said, I was kind of expecting more Shana X Yuji interaction and a lot more explaining of the basic construct said plan or at least flash back to explain how Yuji became SotF. Maybe it was wishfully thinking on my part, but it would have been so much nicer if they had.

I was very surprised to see Yuji's seeming lack of sensitivity with Shana. I expected him to be waiting bed side for her to wake up (or at least go to her as soon as she was awake) so they could talk and he could explained himself and apologies for beating her to a pulp and imprisoning her. I meen, he couldn't have expected this to go well with strong willed Shana. She's not good at losing.... I expected him to be concerned and be there to make it up to her. But no, he's too busy waging war agenst his past allies to pay her much mind. Not very bright Yuji.

So then when he finnaly gose to see her he gose up as if everything was fine and she would just be ok with him beating her to a pulp and imprisoning her. So then when she's most deffinitly not ok he gets mad and for a moment there I though he was going to beat her again until Alastor yells at him and he comes back to his senses and gose "WTF am I doing?"

Good question Yuji. WTF are you doing? Saving Shana or raping her? Getting closer to her or alienating her? He may win the war, but what dose it mater if he looses Shana's heart?

Ofcouse, this is an anime. He'll come around and She'll come back to him one way or the other. But still Yuji.
Old 2011-11-07, 22:39   Link #63
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Here's how I viewed that scene for a second time in a more comical way. It's poor I know.

Spoiler for Reviving an old joke:
Old 2011-11-07, 23:19   Link #64
Dark Wing

Good one Hooves good one!
Old 2011-11-08, 00:06   Link #65
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Can Flame Haze even reproduce ?

I was under the impression that they could go at it for centuries like rabbits without a care in the world...
Old 2011-11-08, 00:11   Link #66
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Shakugan no Hentai eh?

Drain your power of existence!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-08, 00:42   Link #67
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Hm, I wonder what Shana and Yuji's child would look like

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
Old 2011-11-08, 00:56   Link #68
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Honestly, for me, it's hard to imagine what their child would be look like....

it's hard. Argghh!!!!!
Probably, it would be like the the eyes and length of hair Shana plus that hair sticking up on the head then with the color of hair of Yuji.... That would the best thing I can think of...
Old 2011-11-08, 01:02   Link #69
rakusukira

I say Yuji's brain has twisted too far. he thinks that Shana will be okay with this as long as they are together..

I cringe at every episode
Old 2011-11-08, 06:17   Link #70
Senshigeia

Well, I kind of agree wih everyone, but then again...

Yuji went really far for his loved ones, especially Shana, and when he tried t touch her she was scared of him. I understand the poor lad.
Then again, Shana is scared and confused. She became stronger because Yuji was with her in the first place, and not he beated her, and is on the "bad" side. I find that scene not so crazy as some might think...

Hooves: when I first saw the episode without subs, I really thought that scene was quite ecchi... ^^
Old 2011-11-08, 11:34   Link #71
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
when I first saw the episode without subs, I really thought that scene was quite ecchi... ^^
well, it's not like it isn't...

Before:

After:
Old 2011-11-08, 14:22   Link #72
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Here's how I viewed that scene for a second time in a more comical way. It's poor I know.

Old 2011-11-08, 15:58   Link #73
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I don't know the whole Shana and Yuji scene didn't seem that bizarre. Too much going on at the same time right now. Captured and in enemy territory, beaten by someone she loves/trusted who is suddenly the leader of those she's been fighting against, and is cut off from her abilities, sword, and until Yuji showed up Alastor. There's a great deal of feeling vulnerable and quite honestly the ability to trust Yuji is damaged by everything that has happened.

Everything seems to be going bad right now though. Satou may be held hostage to try and force Carmel back, Carmel is struggling to find anyone to help in what could turn into a solo rescue mission, and Margery is still unconscious....

Rough times.
Old 2011-11-08, 16:17   Link #74
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I don't know the whole Shana and Yuji scene didn't seem that bizarre. Too much going on at the same time right now. Captured and in enemy territory, beaten by someone she loves/trusted who is suddenly the leader of those she's been fighting against, and is cut off from her abilities, sword, and until Yuji showed up Alastor. There's a great deal of feeling vulnerable and quite honestly the ability to trust Yuji is damaged by everything that has happened.

Everything seems to be going bad right now though. Satou may be held hostage to try and force Carmel back, Carmel is struggling to find anyone to help in what could turn into a solo rescue mission, and Margery is still unconscious....

Rough times.
FlareKnight, that has to do with the fact we didn't have any detail about Yuji's thoughts about Shana, his conversations with SnH and also some details about other Frame Hazes, Crimson Denizens and such: now it seems everything is turning upside-down! I pity Carmel, she is struggling so hard to get help and no one agrees...
Old 2011-11-08, 17:33   Link #75
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
I say Yuji's brain has twisted too far. he thinks that Shana will be okay with this as long as they are together.
Well, that may be probably true but. But seeing Yuji liked that seems.. how can I say this...appreciating..it's not because he goes to the bad side, but, look at it, he is now more passionate, more aggressive than before and more focus to an aim disregarding whether the road he will take is right in the eyes of Shana.

"The ends justified the means."

If going to the bad side will change the tragic fate of the one he loves...well, who care about the world....

"Shana is his world"

Oh Shana Aishiteru!
Old 2011-11-09, 15:25   Link #76
Kaskodiona
Let's all love Shana-tan.

Location: Location? LOCATION YOU SAY?! ...I won't be a bot and say it like a bot.
Quote:

I remember that joke! Just with the novel pictures ^^ And most of the people didn't know the dialouge, so they had the same idea as we have here.
Old 2011-11-09, 17:20   Link #77
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

After watching this episode , i can't help but to think that Yuji is dumb & selfish.
Old 2011-11-10, 19:27   Link #78
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
Hm, I wonder what Shana and Yuji's child would look like
You mean Kazumi and Yuji's. :3

Anyways, as expected after a thriller of an episode 4, this one seemed a bit stale. But it wasn't as bad as it could've been, so I give them props. I'll give it a 7.
Old 2011-11-10, 23:56   Link #79
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:

nice one.....
Old 2011-11-11, 12:26   Link #80
klare

so this is what will happen when the balance of power between Shana and Yuji is reversed, Shana is the one end up crying...

Margery should untie her hair more often