AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-25, 20:29   Link #1
Measural

Very Unique Romance Anime/Manga Request

Are their any Anime/Manga where the main character likes/loves a female character but they do not think much of the him, but after awhile the main character finally stops pursuing that female character and falls in love with another which makes the first female character they were in love with feel jealous/regret and tries to win them back? I'm wondering because I've been reading Open Sesame and just read Parallel and both of them I liked but hated how extreme their devotion was no matter what.

Examples: (And both of these two really are only minor but kinda show what I am looking for)

Suzuka-Where the main starts dating another girl (But where i say "minor" is because even here the main still favors Suzuka

Oh My Goddess- (Better example then Suzuka) Where Keiichi likes Sayoko but moves to Belldandy (Just with this it was more trying to get Belldandy jealous it seemed which I have no problem if that what people give for suggestions)

Sorry if my examples weren't good enough since I can't think of any Anime or Manga that has this sort of plot in it, just I really hope so, since I thought Parallel and Open Sesame would of been so much better if it had this.

Thank you for all Suggestions
Old 2008-07-25, 21:10   Link #2
Arkuatic

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien-something similar to wat you're looking for or maybe a reverse version
Kimikiss pure rogue- again something similar to what you're looking for, love triangles here and there
And i think you'll prob like Unbalance X Unbalance-korean anime about a guy chasing after a girl he falls for, though they haven't released translated series after volume 8 but its around 64 chapters so it'll keep ya busy
Old 2008-07-25, 21:44   Link #3
Measural

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien/Kimikiss pure rogue- I really couldn't stand either of these two which I admit I haven't seen the whole series of either of them just around 5 or so episodes of both of them but how far really would these go to fit my criteria I am looking for? I might try to stick with them if they do have this in it

Unbalance X Unbalance- It is a good Manga I read it but I can't recall it really fitting this criteria since the main character is only interested in the teacher which I have no problem in I can't really put it into words but it doesnt do that whole Oh My Goddess example I gave

Thanks though for the suggestions and all suggestions to come ^_^
Old 2008-07-25, 23:42   Link #4
Arkuatic

How about lovely complex- though personally it wasn't much of my taste it does have the main protag(s) finding someone better if thats what you're looking for. Don't think there are many animes out there where they will provide the protag "giving up" since it would mean the protag is hopless. Though if you're looking for something like in AMG where he does give up on sayoko, can i say almost instantly after getting rejected within that 20 second flash back?
Old 2008-07-26, 00:32   Link #5
Measural

I'll probably try Lovely Complex even though it doesn't really fit what I am looking for at the moment.

I really dont consider it giving up, more or less moving on.

For what I am looking for really is

Main character likes Girl #1
Girl #1 doesn't like Main character at all or thinks she is above him
Main character meets Girl #2
Main character starts liking Girl #2 and vise versa or Girl #2 becomes a good friend and they spend lots of time together
Main starts looking at Girl #1 as just a friend
Girl #1 gets jealous/or realizes they miss/or has feelings for the Main character
Girl #1 tries to get Main characters feelings back towards them instead of Girl #2
Then I don't care who the Main character ends up between Girl #1/#2 or someone else

Only thing I can think of genre wise for romance that what I am looking for above is it would have to be a Love Triangle/Harem

Or a Romance Drama/or Comedy that revolves around jealousy for a Guy/Girl Friendship after they didn't like the guy

But the Romance has to involve the plot I am looking for hopefully if their isnt an Anime out like this their might be atleast a Manga
Old 2008-07-26, 02:10   Link #6
Arkuatic

Zero's Familiar-emmm
Main character likes girl #2
Girl #1 beats Main character out of jealousy
then i didnt really check out the 2nd season
BUT if what you want is jealousy for a guy then zero's familiar is all about girl #1's jealousy for the main character

tbh i didnt like zero's familiar since it was kinda like shakugan no shana(has same cast but thats not it) in some ways.
Old 2010-06-23, 19:09   Link #7
Measural

It's been awhile but i'm still really interested in finding anime/manga that fit this criteria and I havent watched anime or really read much manga in last 2 years with School/Work, but if anyone knows any that is similiar to what i'm looking for please reply ^_^.

But so far i think the best example i can think of for what im looking for kinda is in GE- Good Ending with Shou-Utsumi-Yuki
Old 2010-06-23, 21:38   Link #8
Divini
Senpai!

Kimi no Iru Machi - in spades
GE- Good Ending - seconded. It happens to two girls pretty much
Closed Thread