AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 23 47.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 27.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-12, 07:18   Link #41
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That wasn't Hecate....
I know it was a container but even knowing that, I don't know why, I ended up not liking her...

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2012-02-12, 08:09   Link #42
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
I know it was a container but even knowing that, I don't know why, I ended up not liking her...
I'm not talking about it being a container or anything...I'm saying nothing about that was related to the entity known as Itadaki no Kura Hecate in any way, shape or form.
Old 2012-02-12, 09:34   Link #43
alvinkhorfire

Hecate did mention about transferring back-up functions to the Conloquiem. What is Conloquiem, by the way? Thanks for the explanation.
Old 2012-02-12, 16:19   Link #44
syke123

Quote:
I have a question though: where are the 3 guys Pheles found? And where is Ernest? ?
Ernest set up the meeting with outlaw that Sophie and Rebecca went to, as for Hyaki Yako I have no idea how they're related to Pheles, but I doubt she killed them.
Old 2012-02-12, 21:15   Link #45
-Urusai-
sleeping shana :3

From the bottom of my heart, i don't want to shana and kazumi sacrifice/lose their lifes in that battle/war. also I really enjoyed this episode, it touched me and i don't know why. ;_;

Mou dare ni mo tayoranai
Old 2012-02-12, 21:30   Link #46
virox

Quote:
Why can humans see Seiren-den, wasn't it supposed to be invisible to regular people, who couldn't feel PoE?
Seirei-den was invisible thanks to the mirror layer that was always around it, but Khamsin Nbh'w destroyed that when he and Rebecca assassinated it.

Solid episode overall, but I do wish J.C.Staff had used a little more money on this series. Some episodes look rather good, but others have really awkward animation.

Anyway, we are about to reach the last volume. Do you guys think the studio had the time to implement everything that happens in the last volume? Since it came out only weeks before the anime started... It would be a shame if it went like ToraDora, where they only had a basic outline of what is going to happen in the last volume and animated from there.
Old 2012-02-12, 23:12   Link #47
Kristen
*Author

That preview... Though Yoshida was wrong. Shana certainly isn't the first thought in Yuji's mind. Silly Yoshida, stop being so humble~

For the episode, I gotta say, only the guy bringing the stars down seemed to be super powerful. The others seemed strong, but not invincible.
Old 2012-02-13, 00:18   Link #48
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know, for a group that stayed out of the Flame Haze vs Tomogara conflict for so long, the Gods of the Earth really have no problem laying the smack down on their enemies Even Westshore seems so insincere Makes me think that we had gotten the wrong idea when they said that Centerhill was the 'easiest to deal with'
Old 2012-02-13, 00:38   Link #49
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
That preview... Though Yoshida was wrong. Shana certainly isn't the first thought in Yuji's mind. Silly Yoshida, stop being so humble~

For the episode, I gotta say, only the guy bringing the stars down seemed to be super powerful. The others seemed strong, but not invincible.
I'm pretty sure she is the first thought on his mind right now.
I don't know what makes you think otherwise. That doesn't mean he doesn't care about the rest, but as of right now, it gotta be Shana.
Just look at their faces.
Old 2012-02-13, 00:40   Link #50
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I think what impresses me the most about Shana III is its ability to handle such a large cast of important characters.

This war has main actors, major secondary players, notable wild card players (like Yoshida), mid-tier players, and grunts. It would be easy for even a slight degree of sloppy writing to result in this coming off as a bit of a mess, but Shana III has skillfully avoided that. No character feels to me like they had more screentime than they should have, or less screentime than they should have. Everything is extremely well-balanced, and the episode/plot pacing is likewise refined to perfection.

It's also a bit interesting and sad to see so many key Shana characters kick the bucket this season, especially on the antagonist side. Hecate and Sabrac... two great villains, kind of sad to see them go. Looks like Yoshida might not be long for this world either, going by the Episode 19 preview.

I continue to love the grand, epic feel of everything in this anime. While it's sad to see major characters be wiped out like this, that also adds to the epic feeling of it all. You really get a palpable sense that everything is coming to a head here, and that this is it. This is the end of the ancient Flame Haze/Tomogara war, one way or another, and at least for a very, very long time. I'm genuinely interested to see who comes out of this alive, and who's going to die. Nothing short of Shana or Yuji dying would surprise me at this point... and even then, Yuji dying with the right setup I could buy without too much shock. Only Shana dying would truly shock me.

10/10 for Episode 18. I really loved this episode. Lots of great stuff, and well-executed action and drama here.
Old 2012-02-13, 08:43   Link #51
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Three episodes this season have already been better than the entirety of season 2 combined, all thanks to Yuji of course. Few series have made their previously weaksauce male leads take so many levels in badass and awesomeness in such a gripping and most importantly believable way.

It's good that Yoshida hasn't followed him out of blind indulgence, and knows that she still has to stick up for what she believes is right even if it means going against Yuji. Whether or not that would require her sacrifice next episode, well, if she does it because she believes it is the right thing to do then she can retain my respect for her when she finally decides to exit the stage.

Poor Hecate though, was actually hoping a more dramatic exit from her, though she'd revive if Xanadu succeeds.

I wasn't the least bit surprised when Shana and Yuji smiled happy smiles when they finally have a chance to cross blades again. It shows that both sides have have come to understand each others intentions and know full well that they have to fight for their beliefs and find a way for the other person as well. Seeing this I sense that Yoshida has finally realized the dynamic that really exists between Yuji and Shana, and that she had already lost (lol).

So the finale to the climax begins. Like RRR nothing really would surprise me at this point, though I'm more than willing to accept Yuji dying than Shana. Yoshida can die and I won't even bat an eyelash.
Old 2012-02-13, 09:46   Link #52
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
I'm pretty sure she is the first thought on his mind right now.
I don't know what makes you think otherwise. That doesn't mean he doesn't care about the rest, but as of right now, it gotta be Shana.
Just look at their faces.
Yoshida is the first on his mind. After all, he needs her. She needs him. They are the perfect couple. But this mutual love leads to Yuji realizing how it is more important to deal with the more unstable Shana and the unstable world. As such, they have come to a mutual agreement (words don't need to be spoken between true lovers) to take care of that first; their love can wait.
Old 2012-02-13, 09:53   Link #53
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Yoshida is the first on his mind. After all, he needs her. She needs him. They are the perfect couple. But this mutual love leads to Yuji realizing how it is more important to deal with the more unstable Shana and the unstable world. As such, they have come to a mutual agreement (words don't need to be spoken between true lovers) to take care of that first; their love can wait.

don't be frustrated.... we already got the winner... Yoshida is only served as Yuji's helper this time... and Yuji even doesn't really need Yoshida to aid him (it's Yoshida who volunteered as well)

just realized that even though Flame Haze already lost many numbers, maybe they're still overpowered. Bal Masque needs more general
now who will fight Sophie and her team??? Bel-Peol??
Old 2012-02-13, 09:53   Link #54
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Hahaha Kristen still staying loyal to Yoshida is quite admirable

Last edited by Hooves; 2012-02-13 at 11:00.
Old 2012-02-13, 12:22   Link #55
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post

don't be frustrated.... we already got the winner... Yoshida is only served as Yuji's helper this time... and Yuji even doesn't really need Yoshida to aid him (it's Yoshida who volunteered as well)
If she had a middle name it'd be "welcome"

On that matter have we seen what happened to Ike?

Quote:
just realized that even though Flame Haze already lost many numbers, maybe they're still overpowered. Bal Masque needs more general
now who will fight Sophie and her team??? Bel-Peol??
Hardly. The Denizens outnumber the flame hazes by a large margin as even Bal Masque was surprised at the turnout. The 3 gods pretty much negate that numerical superiority.

Other than that we know that Syndoney is OP as he can match at least half a dozen of the best flame hazes without breaking a sweat by himself and Bel-Peol made Wilhemia her ***** last time without any effort.
Old 2012-02-13, 12:51   Link #56
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Bel-Peol made Wilhemia her ***** last time without any effort.
That fight in season 1 wasn't considered canon.
Old 2012-02-13, 13:21   Link #57
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Wait so everything that happened in Season 1 wasn't Canon?

Season 3 is completely separate from anything that happened in Season 1 or 2? That's weird. They would've said something about that.
Old 2012-02-13, 13:42   Link #58
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The ending for both season 1 and 2 aren't canon. The fountain and the statue of pride events were nonexistent in the novels.
Old 2012-02-13, 14:03   Link #59
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Doesn't answer my question.

Did the writers ever say that we're suppose to ignore the endings for S1 and S2 then?

Otherwise I'd still say it's canon because it was there and it's part of the anime series.
Old 2012-02-13, 14:22   Link #60
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Hahaha Kristen still staying loyal to Yoshida is quite admirable
I'm surprised she didn't remark upon last episode about it. :k