AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-27, 01:40   Link #3221
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I don't know how can Mio get so strong? she defeated Azusa and Shana... omg...

well, I'm okay with this final.... Kanade and Eu are my favorite though...
so this year is Kuudere's year....
Eu maybe is one of the best contender because she rarely talks but still considered moe...
Old 2012-10-27, 02:22   Link #3222
HasuMasu
*Artist

To avenge our loss from last year.

#KanadeISML2012

Though I quite like Eucliwood too, but this...I cannot pass up.
Old 2012-10-27, 02:32   Link #3223
Sphire

Ok, so we're finally down to it. The match to see who the strongest girl is. What started in post-season has come to an exciting end:

Eru vs Kuroyukihime

No doubt people are buzzing with anticipation of the outcome. I know where I'm voting.

As for the other match, Kanade vs Eu seems rather straight forward. It is what it is, AB and Kanade just have an insane backing for whatever reason. I'm happy for Eu though, at least I somewhat like her. I doubt the Zombie OVA would've affected things much, but it might've helped Eu had it been subbed by now.

Pity for Kuroneko, if she had decided to lose her circlet semi, she would've likely gone on to reach the tiara finals. She ended up facing the known enemy, whilst Eu faced the unknown enemy. She seems on par in strength with Eu, although she failed miserably against Kanade. At least we get to see what Eu can do against Kanade. It was also great fun seeing Eu romp through Stella's finest.

I'm voting Eu. I don't care for the Rei Ayanami archtype, but at least Eu pulls it off somewhat differently. Forced silence, but still gives plenty of insight with her notepad. Aizawa's constant moe-fication of Eu probably helps too. I'll never forget the episode where Eu tells Aizawa to do it too. Golden. And at least there was no randomly forced romance.

As for the final 2 exhibitions, everyone's lamenting the choices, so is it bad that I've watched and know 3 of the 4 girls duking it out? Compared to how I barely know anyone else (or care about them) from other exhibitions. Although, to be fair, I don't care for those 3 girls either.
Old 2012-10-27, 02:49   Link #3224
Team Rocket Elite

Another amazing performance by Eucliwood. Taiga just couldn't do anything at all. Eucliwood has now defated Shana, Mikoto and Taiga to get here. I was hoping Taiga would do better but I guess it wasn't realistic considering what Eucliwood did to Shana and Mikoto. Now that she's done beating on the Stella competitiors, Eucliwood is going to need everything she's got to take down Kanade.

Mikoto just isn't trying anymore. Just 3 weeks ago she was able to put up 59.7% on Yuki. Now, she can only do 51.6% which is a huge step down. As always a win is a win but losing the match wasn't out of the question when the characters are this close.

Shana on the other hand seems to have a bit more fight in her. With how Shana has looked recently, I expected a much closer match. Instead Shana didn't even let Yuri get close to her. If she keeps this up, beating Yui isn't a problem. However, it Shana had put in this effort a round ago, maybe she wouldn't have lost to Mio in the first place.

At one point, Chitanda lost an exhibition match to Ariel and Chris. It was a result I was really disappointed in since it meant Chitanda wasn't that strong. It's pretty amazing how much she has improved since then. I really should have taken a hint when she easily defeated Nyarlathotep. Since I didn't, her huge win over Sanka Rea
was my wake up call. I'm looking forward to seeing if she can take down Kuroyukihime and her performance in ISML next year.
Old 2012-10-27, 09:05   Link #3225
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
As for the final 2 exhibitions, everyone's lamenting the choices, so is it bad that I've watched and know 3 of the 4 girls duking it out? Compared to how I barely know anyone else (or care about them) from other exhibitions. Although, to be fair, I don't care for those 3 girls either.
I had heard of Cross Game and Manabi Straight. Doesn't makes them less obscure in the eyes of modern day voter (Just look at the amount of vote of every matches that feature 2 girls from older series, automatically 1/3 less vote...). My main complaint is mainly "Why throw this really obscure girls into exhibition in the last round"...

Quote:
By the way guys, we split up the exhibitions this year. We thought that the SEASONAL tournament should provide the "familiar" faces, but we had to balance that out with "more obscure" characters like in arena 9-10. So in short, the reason you don't recognize the exhibitions is because most of our exhibited characters this postseason are from 2012.
Exactly why I suggest 4 girls from this season. It's not THAT hard to throw in Natsume Rin, Shiina Mashiro, Takanashi Rikka, and umm...Mizutani Shizuku in there, right? (Or one of the Girls & Panzer girl, someone from K, Psycho Pass, Magi, Robotics Notes, OniAi, etc...no Hidamari, TLR, or SAO makes this a little bit harder...)
Old 2012-10-27, 09:49   Link #3226
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
By the way guys, we split up the exhibitions this year. We thought that the SEASONAL tournament should provide the "familiar" faces, but we had to balance that out with "more obscure" characters like in arena 9-10. So in short, the reason you don't recognize the exhibitions is because most of our exhibited characters this postseason are from 2012.
Honestly, this doesn't make much sense to me.

The ISML event in which you have the Tiara finals match should be the WrestleMania of ISML, imo. In other words, I think that now is the time to bring out a lot of "big name" matches (KYH vs. Eru is a great example of this) to really showcase this big finale.
Old 2012-10-27, 10:16   Link #3227
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Honestly, this doesn't make much sense to me.

The ISML event in which you have the Tiara finals match should be the WrestleMania of ISML, imo. In other words, I think that now is the time to bring out a lot of "big name" matches (KYH vs. Eru is a great example of this) to really showcase this big finale.
The rational side of me agrees with this,you need big names,either seasonal or even if you want to reach into older anime you could go for a sort of "legends" tournament that features big names that have already been eliminated this year.

The complete and utter Tsukishiba Aoba fanboy that I am though says "screw that!I get to vote for Aoba!Awesome" I don't care if she's obscure,she's my favorite tsundere character of all time and I'd vote for her even if she was in the arena 1 match
Old 2012-10-27, 10:49   Link #3228
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
The rational side of me agrees with this,you need big names,either seasonal or even if you want to reach into older anime you could go for a sort of "legends" tournament that features big names that have already been eliminated this year.

The complete and utter Tsukishiba Aoba fanboy that I am though says "screw that!I get to vote for Aoba!Awesome" I don't care if she's obscure,she's my favorite tsundere character of all time and I'd vote for her even if she was in the arena 1 match
Well, of the four girls in the final two arena matches, I think the one that could possibly fit with my preferred approach to the Tiara finals event is Aoba. At least Cross Game is pretty well-known, unlike some of the other anime shows represented here.

Personally, what I'd most like to see is "Past vs. Future" exhibition matches, where you take one of the "legends" of previous moe competitions (Sakura Kinimoto, Nanoha Takamachi, one of the Rozen Maiden girls, Rika Furude, etc...) and put her up against one of the strong newcomers of the current year in anime (a SAO girl, a Little Busters! girl, Chunnibyou's Rikka, etc...). Imagine ef's Chihiro vs. Rikka... now wouldn't that be fun?!

These matches would have value because...

1) They involve characters that people are likely to be familiar with.

2) They'll feel nicely nostalgic for veteran followers of moe competitions, while also feeling a bit fresh.

3) They'll involve matches that we're not likely to see in the future, certainly not in the ISML regular season.
Old 2012-10-27, 11:58   Link #3229
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:

They could have put Aoba in an earlier exhibition, and I doubt anyone would complain (I know I won't...). And yeah, at least Cross Game is fairly well known.

On a side note, agree with Triple_R in regards to "Past v. Future" matchup. It's always good to see how new girls fared while they're at the top of their strength (i.e. having an ongoing series) v. a group of proven, although somewhat forgotten, groups of veterans. Hack, they can always throw LB v. LB (Rin v. Kud? No clue...), SAO v. SAO (Asuna v. Suguha, although Asuna will probably destroy Suguha...).
Old 2012-10-27, 13:10   Link #3230
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Exactly why I suggest 4 girls from this season. It's not THAT hard to throw in Natsume Rin, Shiina Mashiro, Takanashi Rikka, and umm...Mizutani Shizuku in there, right? (Or one of the Girls & Panzer girl, someone from K, Psycho Pass, Magi, Robotics Notes, OniAi, etc...no Hidamari, TLR, or SAO makes this a little bit harder...)
July and October characters WILL be featured too, just not right now.
Old 2012-10-27, 13:48   Link #3231
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Yes, with all summer/falls ineligible for exhibition, there's not much else. In fact, exhibiting Akarin was a huge mistake that we should've reconsidered... Exhibition is supposed to be about giving more obscure series some spotlight, and we made sure that with the sole exception of Rakka, all of our exhibition characters have never been in regular season nor exhibited before. That's why you see characters such as Akai Ringo instead of Ryouko, Aoba Tsugumi instead of Nagi/Zange, and so on.
Old 2012-10-27, 16:39   Link #3232
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I say congrats to Eu for getting this far. I'm glad she won since a Taiga vs. Kanade final would have been a bit underwhelming for me. Can at least go all out for Eu and wish her the best in taking this whole thing.

Also I'll give credit to Chitanda for another overwhelming victory there. Has looked good in these recent exhibitions, though personally can't go against the hypno eyes .

Nice little note for Akai Ringo's win, battle of the Ringo's was somewhat interesting.
Old 2012-10-27, 20:42   Link #3233
broken270
Defying gravity

Since I am slow:

16. Kashiwasaki Sena
15. Kousaka Kirino
14. Hasegawa Kobato
13. Suzumiya Haruhi

Filling up the rest when this comes to a close.
Old 2012-10-28, 10:05   Link #3234
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

ARENA 01: [Tachibana Kanade] Eucliwood Hellscythe
ARENA 02: [Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko)] Aisaka Taiga
ARENA 03: [Akiyama Mio] Misaka Mikoto
ARENA 04: [Nagato Yuki] Nakano Azusa
ARENA 05: [Yui] Shana
ARENA 06: [Nakamura Yuri] Saber
ARENA 07: [Shirakiin Ririchiyo] Araragi Tsukihi
ARENA 08: [Chitanda Eru] Kuroyukihime
ARENA 09: Solty Revant [Abstained] Inamori Mika
ARENA 10: Tsukishima Aoba [Abstained] Rakka
Old 2012-10-28, 10:10   Link #3235
Sik-07
Chuu~

ARENA 01: Tachibana Kanade [Eucliwood Hellscythe]
ARENA 03: [Akiyama Mio] Misaka Mikoto
ARENA 04: Nagato Yuki [Nakano Azusa]
ARENA 06: Nakamura Yuri [Saber]
ARENA 08: [Chitanda Eru] Kuroyukihime
ARENA 09: Solty Revant [Inamori Mika]
ARENA 10: Tsukishima Aoba [Rakka]

Old 2012-10-28, 10:11   Link #3236
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

ARENA 02: Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) [Aisaka Taiga]
ARENA 03: Akiyama Mio [Abstained] Misaka Mikoto
ARENA 04: [Nagato Yuki] Nakano Azusa
ARENA 05: Yui [Shana]
ARENA 08: Chitanda Eru [Kuroyukihime]
Old 2012-10-28, 10:15   Link #3237
hinakatbklyn

* (If kanade's opponent was Taiga, it would have been a tough vote for me. Against Euu however, I know who I want to see win the tiara.)
ARENA 03: Akiyama Mio [Misaka Mikoto]
(Both Eru and KYH get my support, but against each other, Hime gets my support alittle more.)
ARENA 09: [Solty Revant] Inamori Mika
Old 2012-10-28, 10:17   Link #3238
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ARENA 01: Tachibana Kanade [Eucliwood Hellscythe]
ARENA 07: Shirakiin Ririchiyo [Araragi Tsukihi]
ARENA 09: Solty Revant [Abstained] Inamori Mika
Old 2012-10-28, 10:20   Link #3239
Hachiko
The Akita

Old 2012-10-28, 10:25   Link #3240
broken270
Defying gravity

It's Angels vs. Necromancers. The ancient battle still continues to this day...
Spoiler:
Closed Thread

Tags
isml, saimoe, tournament