AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-26, 15:52   Link #7001
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Most bets would be than few high level players have done the new Deadmines on normal (at the correct level) so they might not have any idea what they are going into inheroic mode. That and heroics are suppose to be hard.
Old 2011-01-26, 16:00   Link #7002
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Most bets would be than few high level players have done the new Deadmines on normal (at the correct level) so they might not have any idea what they are going into inheroic mode. That and heroics are suppose to be hard.
I did it on normal twice on my worgen druid while leveling them and aside from the trash set-up really heroic bosses were almost completely re-done, and honestly I still think it's the worst HC atm [though Grim Batol is a close second].
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 20:41   Link #7003
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Deadmines was actually too easy for me and my guild leader who went in their blindly when Cataclysm was still brand new and we just hit 85 and got normal gear. Only until we reached the worgen boss. But it was kinda disappointing to my guild leader that deadmines was not all that fun till we got to that boss.
Old 2011-01-27, 05:45   Link #7004
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Deadmines was actually too easy for me and my guild leader who went in their blindly when Cataclysm was still brand new and we just hit 85 and got normal gear. Only until we reached the worgen boss. But it was kinda disappointing to my guild leader that deadmines was not all that fun till we got to that boss.
I could assume neither of you were healing it? Cause Deadmines HC was beyond awful to heal before the trash was reduced/nerfed some . Not as bad now, but I still hate the instances none the less . In other news got my alt to 82 today did Hyjal on this char and it seemed a good bit faster than Vash'jr did, though it could just be feral being so enjoyable that it seemed faster to me, also starting deepholm at 82 shouldn't be an issue generally, correct or should I be waiting until 83? [given Hyjal was pretty easy since I had bought/crafted some gear to help start off]

On raid this week we managed to down 1st boss on Throne of Fours again and we beating first try, and then did Magmaw and Iron Council Defense System[first time for the guild] downed both on 2nd~3rd attempt this time, which netted me a nice i359 int/spirit/crit ring from the Council and enough Valor Points to pick up my Tier 11 legs. We also tried the first boss of Bastion of Twilight, but we had shadow nova + 100% attack speed increase + Healing down drakes which according my guild is the second hardest combo and having 4 wipes without any real progress we decide to call quits on him.

P.S. If there really is a combo worse than that, then I don't want to attempt it .
MAL
Old 2011-01-27, 10:48   Link #7005
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I could assume neither of you were healing it? Cause Deadmines HC was beyond awful to heal before the trash was reduced/nerfed some .
Outside of General Ripsnarl and Captain Cookie, I didn't really find it difficult to heal at all, and that was more than a month ago. Granted, my yardstick for comparison was HC Stonecore, so that might explain things...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 13:06   Link #7006
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Outside of General Ripsnarl and Captain Cookie, I didn't really find it difficult to heal at all, and that was more than a month ago. Granted, my yardstick for comparison was HC Stonecore, so that might explain things...
Stonecore ranked 3rd on HCs "I hate to heal" especially if you lacked CC ugh, where as Deadmines you can't CC much anyways, so yes it might .
MAL
Old 2011-01-27, 23:23   Link #7007
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Haven't posted here in a while so here's my experiences in the last month:

- Mage DPS is okay but still nowhere near what Death Knights, Warlocks and Rogues are capable of pulling in raid fights. Frost PvP I like the CC/survivability.
- Mage sitting on about 358 ilvl. Waiting for a spot to open in the 10m group or for 25m GDKPs to get going again.
- Druid tank at 349 ilvl, all 346+ gear after 5 days. Tanked Argaloth in Baradin Hold with ease and 1-shotted. Healers said I was very easy to heal.
- Managed to reach 1601 in Rated Battlegrounds, but I've been forced to do with randoms, guildies are burnt out with PvE progression (4/12 HM in 25m so far, leading Barthilas guild. In fact, Alliance PvE is way superior to Horde PvE numbers at present, it's scary). I need to somehow find 15 players that are truly capable, I've only found about 7 so far. My win-loss ratio is going to hinder how high I can reach. Hoping I can pull in guildies soon because despite high number of Gladiators we have in our guild, none of them look like reaching 2.2k this season let alone Glad in Arena.
- PUGs are BAD. BAD! Examples of the idiocy I've seen:

- A Tol;vir Heroic where a DK and Warlock both couldn't pull 3k.
- Heals that oom on a single pack/one boss fight.
- Tanks that can't do Ozruk in Stonecore AT ALL - I was able to do it on my tank Druid....What is so hard about it?!
- People failing at Throngus in Grim Batol...
- People failing at Naz'jar in Throne of the Tides...
- People failing at Coria in Blackrock Caverns...
- People failing at ANYTHING in Halls of Origination...
- I'd be lucky if 1 out of 10 groups can finish a run

This is really putting me off from levelling any more alts...I can't believe how many bad players are out there. Especially from Uldum and Malorne...

Found about 5 rare spawns over the last week. Including a 25.7 million HP one in Hyjal - Garr (yes, MC Garr). Took 10 people about 10 minutes to down him. And all it drops is a 346 plate belt...48 gold was okay though.

After having next to no gold a few weeks ago, I've figured out there is a persistent bubble economy on Barthilas for Herbs. So I've spammed Herbalism and Alchemy transmutes on my Druid. Now sitting on about 200k gold.
Old 2011-01-28, 00:19   Link #7008
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
- A Tol;vir Heroic where a DK and Warlock both couldn't pull 3k.
That's pretty sad on the DK half... Unless if he was the tank, there would be no way he could not pull 3k in Cataclysm at all..

Quote:
- Tanks that can't do Ozruk in Stonecore AT ALL - I was able to do it on my tank Druid....What is so hard about it?!
It's hard to move away from his Cone spikes without getting it to face the raid. Although when I always did Ozruk as a tank, I couldn't see the problem in coordinating the timing of moves, and apparently it's also hard to get away when he ground stomps.

Quote:
- People failing at Throngus in Grim Batol...
- People failing at Naz'jar in Throne of the Tides...
- People failing at Coria in Blackrock Caverns...
- People failing at ANYTHING in Halls of Origination...
- I'd be lucky if 1 out of 10 groups can finish a run
Throngus does have an annoying element when he has the shield up. Naz'jar is a pain when the adds come out, especially if the group can't CC atleast one of the witches in a coordinated manner. Coria is.... I don't see how, unless someone gets feared and it was at like 90 stack. Halls of Origination is actually quite hard (well at the first boss atleast)

Quote:
This is really putting me off from levelling any more alts...I can't believe how many bad players are out there. Especially from Uldum and Malorne...
Well if they are all in Heroics, there is nothing I can really say. They should have gotten the experience from the bosses in normal only with a few changes since it's Heroic.
Old 2011-01-28, 00:27   Link #7009
Xacual

For the first boss in Halls of Origination, when the shield goes off, I jump down on one side and just run around grabbing all the snakes before I run back up, no one kills the snakes so that when second time shield goes up two can just jump down and hit levers right away. There is also the way of grabbing the snakes before fight even starts and just telling people not to aoe them so they last the whole fight.

The only reason i ever die on Ozruk is a tank is if I zone out because I'm there with a shitty pug and I've probably been there for over an hour because of shit dps that can't handle the simple mechanics of the first two bosses or the trash. Run out as soon as he casts paralyze and run straight through him when he casts ground slam. Only problem I ever had was when I used charge after a shatter and he went through me and then casted ground slam at group

Edit: I personally think there is a ton of people that are queuing for heroics that shouldn't be anywhere near them. I joined a Tol'vir city group earlier, at the croc boss. They were all standing on the statue to exploit the croc adds during the fight. I told them to get off the statue but they didn't want to listen to me so I just did it their way. They probably had less than 10k dps between the 3 of their dps. It took probably about 4 minutes for the croc to die, I was appalled. It was so slow compared to my kills doing it the proper way with killing all the croc adds. I pretty much just said you know you guys aren't ready to do heroics and left after the fight. It was a guild group so there was no way to kick or replace bads.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 00:47   Link #7010
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I really am starting to dislike Blizzard's new mechanic that calculates gear score... Not trying to sound mean, but if they win a roll of a gear that they don't even need, and it's better then what they are wearing. It actually increases the Gear Score... So they can eventually sneak into Heroics.
Old 2011-01-28, 00:47   Link #7011
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The only reason i ever die on Ozruk is a tank is if I zone out because I'm there with a shitty pug and I've probably been there for over an hour because of shit dps that can't handle the simple mechanics of the first two bosses or the trash. Run out as soon as he casts paralyze and run straight through him when he casts ground slam. Only problem I ever had was when I used charge after a shatter and he went through me and then casted ground slam at group
Oh Ozruk that reminds on that fight; twice I've had all the DPS die from getting hit by his move from above 60% and then me and my tank friend precedent to be awesome and duo the remaining some 2m HP because we both had the pattern of the fight down that well since I figured out how to avoid paralyze as holy paladin. Note on one of the fail DPS groups we got to last boss after that, and ALL 3 DPS got hit by the same boulder and died, it was both sad yet completely hilarious at the same time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I really am starting to dislike Blizzard's new mechanic that calculates gear score... Not trying to sound mean, but if they win a roll of a gear that they don't even need, and it's better then what they are wearing. It actually increases the Gear Score... So they can eventually sneak into Heroics.
I rather dislike how it seems to also be based off both of your specs when you have two, rather than your active one.
MAL
Old 2011-01-28, 01:08   Link #7012
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I rather dislike how it seems to also be based off both of your specs when you have two, rather than your active one.
It's not about specs, it's just about gear you're carrying. I believe it checks anything that you have in your bags and bank combined, and puts the highest ilvl piece that the character can wear (rather than should wear) for each slot into the calculation.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 01:22   Link #7013
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's not about specs, it's just about gear you're carrying. I believe it checks anything that you have in your bags and bank combined, and puts the highest ilvl piece that the character can wear (rather than should wear) for each slot into the calculation.
I am not sure about that as, for example when I got upgraded a slot for my retr. from 333 to 346 despite having a 346 for that slot on holy, I would still see my ilevel go up sometimes.
MAL
Old 2011-01-28, 01:26   Link #7014
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Ground Spike by Ozruk is easy to avoid. You stand close to the hitbox when you know it's coming. Then when the cast comes, run through him and you're safe. As for Shatter, melee/tank have to run the exact instant Paralyze is over or Shatter will kill melee/tank.

And yes, even blue posts have said 'Just because you reacjed the cap required to enter Heroics doesn't mean you're ready.' I made sure my Druid had 333 in every slot until I dared to tank Heroics. No point in forcing other people to suffer because of an undergeared character.

Onto something earlier - Druid heals DON'T need buffing. They're incredibly OP in PvP and in raids, especially the LOL Druid spam heals on Nefarian. The only heals that needs buffing is Disc Priest.

By the way, anyone read the Curse of the Worgen comic? It tells a MUCH fuller story of what happens in Gilneas - ESPECIALLY the Night Elves' side of the story. I am really liking it.
Old 2011-01-28, 01:26   Link #7015
Xacual

It doesn't check your bank I'm pretty sure, it's just bags.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-01-28, 01:51   Link #7016
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Onto something earlier - Druid heals DON'T need buffing. They're incredibly OP in PvP and in raids, especially the LOL Druid spam heals on Nefarian. The only heals that needs buffing is Disc Priest.
Really?, as for raids our druid healer has been saying it seems lacking atm, and they were able to heal as there holy paladin alt[with a good bit less gear] easier it seemed. And by the first raid clears on MMO champions resto druids haven't seen used even in 25 man.
MAL
Old 2011-01-28, 02:45   Link #7017
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Mathematically speaking, the only healers that need some loving are the Shamans. Pugs-wise, maybe I'm lucky, but generally speaking, I complete most of my Heroic pugs. I would say only about 5% of them end up uncompleted.

It is usually the case that when things goes south, people are more than willing to listen on how to do the fights. It is rare to encounter complete window-lickers, and when they do appear, there is always the vote-kick option (got to love instant vote-kicks, I very seldom use it).

Heroics are not easy, and neither should they be. They are however, not "insanely hard". I think of it as riding a bicycle. You may get a few scraps and bruises from falling down as you learn how to cycle, but once you get it, you get it.

The fight mechanics are very straightforward once you are aware of them.

It is my belief that most of the frustration caused by Heroics is self-inflicted. A very common theme I see in most complaints is that there is a lack of communication. People step into Heroics assuming that the rest of the party are well-versed in the fights. This is a recipe for disaster and hair-munching.

People complain about others not doing things that they themselves do not want to do or are too lazy to do so themselves. Again, self-inflicted torture and misery. I have little sympathy for such people.

We have the tools and means to make the runs easier. Use them. Communicate.

Cheers.
Old 2011-01-28, 03:33   Link #7018
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I think the gearscore thing takes an average to get into heroics. I was carrying roleplay gear for when I would quest in low level areas (so I wouldn't stand out, and so I didn't hit too hard if I needed to not kill something on the first hit). I was considered undergeared for heroics...then I put that stuff in the bank and I was geared for heroics. :shrug:

I've still not done a heroic since I don't feel ready, plus we've not done every dungeon on normal yet since we use the random for only one a day...more or less.

I did do better this time around in HoO doing over 6k dps (6.4k I think) and topping the total damage meter again (barely...probably because out MAge died once during the first boss fight because the healer followed me to the left while the mage went right...then the healer managed to get the snakes on him and we didn't notice until he died that we missed a snake. I guess he wasn't healing himself. The mage died right after that. My mistake was that I forgot to pull out my Voidwalker to take the snakes, but shadowfury, then aoe them down worked for the ones on me after I got back up to the top.
Old 2011-01-28, 11:57   Link #7019
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

The party shouldn't split up on those snakes (unless you are gunning for achievement) - Have everyone jump down on the left side, tank picks up snakes, moves to the right side, picks up snakes, and proceeds upstairs to the boss. Someone stays behind to pull the levers obviously. AOE the snakes along the way or once you reach the boss, doesn't matter. Voila, instant profit. Don't attempt jumping down on both sides, it just makes a mess of things
Old 2011-01-28, 12:35   Link #7020
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
The party shouldn't split up on those snakes (unless you are gunning for achievement) - Have everyone jump down on the left side, tank picks up snakes, moves to the right side, picks up snakes, and proceeds upstairs to the boss. Someone stays behind to pull the levers obviously. AOE the snakes along the way or once you reach the boss, doesn't matter. Voila, instant profit. Don't attempt jumping down on both sides, it just makes a mess of things
Easiest way it to just leave the snakes on the tank, they don't respawn until killed so it lets second shield only two have to jump down to hit the levers.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows