AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-23, 22:06   Link #1661
Siegfridus
Tlacuilo

Also the rabbit is the one of the five gods of excess in the Aztec Myth (Ahuiateteo). Maybe the share between the rabbit and the human its the 'excess' itself...

Spoiler for space space:

And I always liked this version of the origin of the moon.
Old 2010-01-23, 22:18   Link #1662
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Now, just mind how insane powerful is "that" girl.
*cough* Dragon's Breath *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
BTW, chaos2frozen, what Oriana used really isn't rune magic.
Spoiler:
I haven't reach that part yet but at least it'll make sense when I get to it. I'm currently bogged down by chapter two because of their magic explainations, the trios themselves have been slowed down by Oriana as well.

Interestingly, Tsuchimikado talked more than Stiyl this time. And a slight correction to our impression of "Auto-Rebirth". Tsuchimikado is NOT Wolverine, he cannot endlessly regenerate himself, sometimes the effect doesn't even kick in. He estimate that he has only 5-6 more lifelines.

Also, I guess if I had read sooner, I would come across this part where they talked about the equation that goes into magic. You need a magic source and a technique that works with it. I believe they used a engine-and-fuel analogy but I've been wrapping my head around it the whole day...
Old 2010-01-24, 00:14   Link #1663
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Tsuchimikado is NOT Wolverine, he cannot endlessly regenerate himself, sometimes the effect doesn't even kick in. He estimate that he has only 5-6 more lifelines.
Oh, then it's Godhand from Fate/Stay Night's Berserker. If you can't compare it to one thing, there's always another to compare with... But I was thinking from the start that he wasn't Wolverine, just it only worked after death or near-death. Didn't think it was limited.

And about the naming of Quetzal/Etzali. I was chatting with the guy who translated the majority of the names on Danbooru, and frankly, he didn't see how the person who edited Wikipedia got Quetzal from エツァリ. Ended up assuming that the wiki-editor took a few liberties in his translation.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2010-01-24 at 00:26.
Old 2010-01-24, 01:08   Link #1664
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Oh, then it's Godhand from Fate/Stay Night's Berserker. If you can't compare it to one thing, there's always another to compare with... But I was thinking from the start that he wasn't Wolverine, just it only worked after death or near-death. Didn't think it was limited.

It's not so much about the limit of his power, but rather the limit of his body. The human body can only take so much and sooner or later it will give up completely. Tsuchimikado compares it to playing roulette- Every time he uses magic, he could die. Maybe after 5 times, maybe just the next one, nobody knows.
Old 2010-01-24, 02:13   Link #1665
Avegaille

I have a question, what volume does have Uiharu being dragged by Last Order in the Table of Contents pages... I forgot, but I am somewhat thinking it was Volume 12, but it wasn't there... I really don't know which volume it is...
Old 2010-01-24, 02:42   Link #1666
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
I have a question, what volume does have Uiharu being dragged by Last Order in the Table of Contents pages... I forgot, but I am somewhat thinking it was Volume 12, but it wasn't there... I really don't know which volume it is...
Volume 15.

Spoiler for Image:

Last edited by sasuke706; 2010-01-24 at 03:25. Reason: Fixan
Old 2010-01-24, 02:56   Link #1667
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've just read the translated part 8-9 of chapter 7 by baka-tsuki.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-24, 08:01   Link #1668
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Volume 15.

Spoiler for Image:
Ah thanks for that. Also, did anyone notice how thick Uiharu's eyebrows are in the LN compared to the anime... o__O

(Plus, I am curious to why and how LO and Uiharu met and what for).
Old 2010-01-24, 09:19   Link #1669
LastResolve

gosh i just hope they animate the new arcs in tamni since if we wait for hidoi to translate them it will obviously take more than a few years
Old 2010-01-24, 10:03   Link #1670
tsunade666

don't say that. I was once a member their at their fun forum. And their doing great!

The manga version of index isn't even their yet. Its still in vol 05. The anime is only hope and still hoping that they do it great.
Old 2010-01-24, 10:28   Link #1671
LastResolve

meh i am clearly dissapointed at translating teams having time translating terrible manga's like bleach and dont find greatness in manga's like (The Breaker,Tamni,Alive Final Evolution) also yea hidoi team sucks just because they are terrible at their job : / srs they release 1 chapter every 5 month's
Old 2010-01-24, 11:06   Link #1672
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

they don't owe you anything, you know.

back to motoharu: in a nutshell, magic is still a risky thing for him now?
Old 2010-01-24, 19:53   Link #1673
LastResolve

meh its nothing like owening its more like when you pick something and you got like 200 fans waiting for you at least dont be an ass and say i wont translate the manga some other team should pick it up
Old 2010-01-25, 05:48   Link #1674
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
(Plus, I am curious to why and how LO and Uiharu met and what for).
Pure accident. And I am sure Uiharu didn't like the consequence.
Old 2010-01-25, 07:52   Link #1675
tsunade666

I just finished the part when touma fights an amakusa girl who wields a sword. Even after talking it he still covers its head. Too caring guy. Maybe because the enemies are around his age and unlike sheryl which is kinda too old for him that's why he punch that girl like their is not tomorrow.

But the thing is. I can't understand much what gives time for touma to lunge his attacks to his body. What happen to the sword. Did it got stuck?

And when touma rescue ursula. Geez that guys bad luck miraculously helps him give sweet time. That guy landed on a sweet valley of heaven. I want to kill him. And after this scene. I'm not sure but I read a indirect and what's that indirect is. Is it an indirect kiss? what the heck is touma even doing to turn his bad luck into safe heaven.

Someone give him a REALLY REALLY GOOD LUCK CHARM that really gives him SOME GOOD LUCK.
Old 2010-01-25, 21:04   Link #1676
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
back to motoharu: in a nutshell, magic is still a risky thing for him now?
Very much. He could still die anything he use magic, it's a matter of luck.
Old 2010-01-25, 23:56   Link #1677
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

poor guy sure got the short end of the stick. Accomplished onmyouji reduced to Level 0 with unstable ability who can't even use magic anymore without risking his life.
Old 2010-01-26, 00:21   Link #1678
tsunade666

well if without the restrain I don't see some average magician beating him up. HE completely blasted the whole kamijou house in one strike considering the range. He is one strong ally and enemy its a good thing right now he only use pistols and his kung fu moves.
Old 2010-01-26, 03:15   Link #1679
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
poor guy sure got the short end of the stick. Accomplished onmyouji reduced to Level 0 with unstable ability who can't even use magic anymore without risking his life.
Well, I don't know why he did it, but I'm sure it has something to do with his step-sister Maika being in academy city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
well if without the restrain I don't see some average magician beating him up. HE completely blasted the whole kamijou house in one strike considering the range. He is one strong ally and enemy its a good thing right now he only use pistols and his kung fu moves.
In addition, he has a number of utility spells at his disposal making him very versatile, and not just for combat. He might not be able to use his spells, but he can teach people how to use them in his place.
Old 2010-01-26, 10:00   Link #1680
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But more importantly right now, I've been bugged by many people elsewhere as to why people haven't try simply teleporting a needle into you-know-who's brain so as to avoid redirection altogether. And I can't give them a straight answer.
I'm thinking it's linked to the range limit.

Based on the hypothesis that the range limit is due to teleporters being only able teleport things to locations within the AIM field they emit. [Since if it were an energy state/Vector change thing, Kuroko couldn't pull some of her moves.]

If that's the case Accelerator deflects the AIM they emit and so they can't teleport things inside him because they can't affect the destination.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen