AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-22, 22:36   Link #621
Shadow5YA

Sawa's family sure likes Konatsu's ass.

While understandable, I hope there is a deeper reason to Wakana quitting music other than just her mother's death.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 23:03   Link #622
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Sawa's family sure likes Konatsu's ass.

While understandable, I hope there is a deeper reason to Wakana quitting music other than just her mother's death.
No kidding, I absolutely lol, when that happened.

I agree, at the moment, at least to me, she comes off as a sympathetic character with personal emotional issues. In her case family ie her mother, who was obviously important to her, and safe to say the role model in her life. I wonder how they'll explore her backstory so that it'll make her reasons for quitting music reasonably justified. There are many scenarios, but I wonder what Wakana's case is...this is getting interesting.

Too bad the choir's performance was small, but the song they sung was really amazing, in my opinion.
Old 2012-07-22, 23:07   Link #623
novalysis

Another strong showing by Tari Tari. It's very fortunate that we get two good Slice of Life animes this season - Tari Tari and Kokoro Connect. And to think that so many predicted that this would be a horrible season.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 23:37   Link #624
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol Wein the White Knight. Flag #1 raised from Wakana? XD

And gotta love the bonks Konatsu is giving Taichi. Though from the looks of it of the preview, it seems Sawa is going to get her own 'time' with him.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 00:11   Link #625
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Lol Wein the White Knight. Flag #1 raised from Wakana? XD

And gotta love the bonks Konatsu is giving Taichi. Though from the looks of it of the preview, it seems Sawa is going to get her own 'time' with him.
I wonder if the next episode will go into a possible romance route, considering with the next preview has Sawa and Taichi sitting next to each other. A possible love triangle...who knows.
Old 2012-07-23, 00:32   Link #626
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, with Episode 4, some solid signs of potential romance are finally taking rise.

Wien clearly has a crush on Wakana. Even putting aside his rather impressive heroics for her sake, he's also going out of his way to talk to her in brief one-on-one moments (there was one scene like that in an earlier episode to).

However, Wakana appears to be oblivious to Wien's interest in her. It'll be interesting to see what will happen if/when that changes. There's honestly no knowing how Wien might try to start up a romance given his misconceptions about Japanese culture.

Meanwhile, Konatsu seems to like teasing Taichi. There might be something there too.

The episode had some nice, cute, and heartwarming moments, aside from the potential romance. The pacing was also very good this episode.
Old 2012-07-23, 00:53   Link #627
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, with Episode 4, some solid signs of potential romance are finally taking rise.

Wien clearly has a crush on Wakana. Even putting aside his rather impressive heroics for her sake, he's also going out of his way to talk to her in brief one-on-one moments (there was one scene like that in an earlier episode to).

However, Wakana appears to be oblivious to Wien's interest in her. It'll be interesting to see what will happen if/when that changes. There's honestly no knowing how Wien might try to start up a romance given his misconceptions about Japanese culture.

The episode had some nice, cute, and heartwarming moments, aside from the potential romance. The pacing was also very good this episode.
I think it'll be interesting to see a romantic development between someone "out of place" and the person "in tune" with everything. Plus Wein's awkward misconceptions of Japanese after living in Austria for so long is really amusing to watch, at least to me. It just shows the uniqueness of his character, because having a "out of place" person in an setting that he's lost his touch with, definitely adds humor and creativity in terms of a persona for a said character. Plus he saved her from a "stalker" so flag raised...? Who know? "shrugs shoulders"

Yeah, this episode really showed a lot of development for each of the characters, and Konatsu's surely finding herself in terms of her dreams and what she want to do in the present. Wakana's mother's past played an interesting role in this episode, and it looks like we're definitely going to explore her back story much sooner than we think. Wein singing falsetto...that still make laugh.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-07-23 at 01:05.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 01:46   Link #628
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

We certainly have an interesting trio of school series to ponder over summer weekends this season. In Kokoro Connect we have a show that’s extremely content-based, very much character and plot-driven. In Hyouka we have a show that at its best is almost perversely trivial, glorying in the time-wasting minutiae of school life. And in Tari Tari, it seems to me we have the show that’s trying to get it just right, Goldilocks style – a breezy and whimsical tone, with just enough plot and character dynamic to add a little spice to the stew.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 02:36   Link #629
EroKing

Episode 4
This week we have...
Images
Yuri
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Sawa's face when thinking about smacking dat ass
Images
More hips
Images
Teh Dance

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-29 at 13:01.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 03:23   Link #630
hai_san

Another beautifull ep, Tari Tari is atm the serie i look most forward to.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 03:30   Link #631
tsunade666

Nice episode with development for all characters.

I didn't expect for Taichi to actually like singing and I finally notice their is another character which is name Wienn and doesn't mean annoying. Nice job their Weinn!

And if that weird stalker of what ever nation he is can speak Japanese. He should speak so from the beginning!!!! and if did then he won't scare Wakana away.

Nice development for Konatsu. Stop being a fan girl and stepping up her game if she really wants to sing. Also Sawa's family really love butt smacking or is it that Konatsu's butt is simply irresistible. lol on the part where Sawa tried to smack that ass again but Konatsu evaded and form it into a 'hi five, yey!'

Lots of good parts too with Wakana looking back on her mother which is a composer and a singer? or a composer.... she really is talented but why does Wakana said that she doesn't have talent? I wonder why...

Next episode looks like shows individual character development aside from singing and possible romance?

I don't see (yet) a possible romance between Weinn and Wakana but good job Weinn for saving her.
Old 2012-07-23, 05:43   Link #632
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm totally shipping Taichi and Sawa together. I noticed Taichi blushed in the beginning scene when looking at Sawa. And judging by the next episode preview, it looks like they have a scene together too.

The episode itself was nice though it did seem to fly past like episode 2. But I liked the way they've developed Wakana's character this episode.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 06:05   Link #633
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Man, Sawa is just so perfect and Konatsu is so damn cute.

I'm liking this show so much better than Hanasaku Iroha.

Damn, that Weinne has balls. I can't believe he dive tackled some guy while jumping out of a taxi, that was seriously bad ass.

But, are we never going to see any more Konatsu butt spanks? It looks like she's learned to dodge!

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 06:17   Link #634
Qilin
Romanticist

This is probably one of the more soothing shows I've seen this season.

I'm still looking forward to more development on Wakana's part.
Old 2012-07-23, 07:03   Link #635
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I still think there won't be any romance in this anime. The only real hint of romance for me was Taichi blushing after looking at Sawa, but it might have been because he looked at her ample cleavage. Wien's rescue of Wakana was a huge opportunity to start something, but they didn't take it.

Overall, this was another great episode. Good development for Konatsu and Wakana. I'm curious to know what was in that letter the old man gave her. Sadly, it seems like this wasn't enough to get her back into music, as I heard her saying in the preview that she wants to throw her piano away.

Wien was amusing as usual, and he was pretty cool when he jumped on stalker-san. He's a really nice character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Images
More hips
I lol'd at the ending sponsor thing having that on loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Images
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

By the way, Konatsu's reaction when Sawa's mother slapped her ass was adorable.
Old 2012-07-23, 08:00   Link #636
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I still think there won't be any romance in this anime. The only real hint of romance for me was Taichi blushing after looking at Sawa, but it might have been because he looked at her ample cleavage. Wien's rescue of Wakana was a huge opportunity to start something, but they didn't take it.
Who says it won't lead into something later on?

These sorts of narrative developments don't always have to be super-straightforward VN-style. Perhaps this episode simply makes it clear that Wien has a crush on Wakana, and future episodes might build upon that foundation.

Quote:
Overall, this was another great episode. Good development for Konatsu and Wakana. I'm curious to know what was in that letter the old man gave her. Sadly, it seems like this wasn't enough to get her back into music, as I heard her saying in the preview that she wants to throw her piano away.

Wien was amusing as usual, and he was pretty cool when he jumped on stalker-san. He's a really nice character.
I agree with you on all of this, though.
Old 2012-07-23, 09:08   Link #637
ookamigirl

Konatsu found her childhood idols LOL
She was really fired up about those Condor Queens.
Sawa finally resolved things with her supposed stalker too ^^"
Her mom's connection to them was a surprise to Sawa.
At least Konatsu learned she needs to follow her own path and not someone elses.
Their little Hawaiian setting was pretty nice.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 09:33   Link #638
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
First it was the manservice. Now, it's Konatsu ass-slapping. Oh PA, so end of episode PVs weren't enough trolling (remembers True Tears and Hanasaku Iroha PVs in which they were total trolls) so you had to resort to this now do you . Not that I hated it or anything, I lold when that attempt by Sawa turned into a hi-five. Classy!

As for the rest of the episode, it was pretty much standard good ol' Tari Tari. Nothing balls to the walls amazing, but a great way to put a smile on your face. It's like the opposite of Hanasaku Iroha. Iroha had some very good highs and some dirt low lows (leading to fanboyism one episode whilst pulling your hairs out in rage in the next), but so far Tari Tari has been consistently very pleasant to watch. I expect this trend to continue.

One thing I'll say again is that seriously, Konatsu is just a moe version of Chihaya. Same personality, same voice style, but can also be ridiculously moe at times, in a good way (i.e. lacking the "derp" element that gets you labelled you as moeblobs).

Though focus is slowly shifting to Wakana lately. I'm 95% sure that the series will end with Wakana taking up singing again and leaving the "mother" issue to rest.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-07-23 at 10:14.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 09:35   Link #639
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Images
I could watch this all fucking day, it's not even funny...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 09:35   Link #640
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

[QUOTE=Triple_R;4269143]Who says it won't lead into something later on?

These sorts of narrative developments don't always have to be super-straightforward VN-style. Perhaps this episode simply makes it clear that Wien has a crush on Wakana, and future episodes might build upon that foundation. /QUOTE]

I suppose it could lead to something later on, but I just don't feel it will. Tari Tari doesn't strike as a romance show at all. Besides, I can't imagine Wien and Wakana in a relationship... it would probably be very entertaining to watch though.

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works