AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-18, 18:33   Link #981
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 18:56   Link #982
Awrya
U mad?

A wild Sindbad appears!
It uses scare.
It's super effective!

I totally missed that Masrur has a lip piercing until this episode. I double checked with the manga and can't believe I just noticed now

Quite a difference in size between showing Sindbad and stopping the thieves, not sure if in the manga Aladdin could manipulate Ugo's size that well.

Balbadd arc starts now. How many episodes was this again? I heard someone saying 25, but they might be able to squeeze it into 13 episodes, unless they continue a bit further?
Old 2012-11-18, 19:05   Link #983
OPN

Its either 25 or 26 episodes judging by the solitications for the dvd and blu rays.
Old 2012-11-18, 19:46   Link #984
mistress_kisara

Yay for Alibaba's reappearance and LOLz to naked Sinbad!! ^_^
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 22:05   Link #985
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Oh my there's a nekkid drunk afoot...Oh wait, that's just Sinbad.

ROFL at the kids reaction to seeing the Mighty Sinbad wearing only a leaf.

Goddamn Aladdin is cute...and so is Mor's pouty face.

I already like Sinbad. He's a hoot!

Jun Fukuyama is using his DARK SWORD MASTER voice for Kassim.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 23:00   Link #986
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
A good picture about Sinbad and his generals
Images
Sinbad and generals
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
DAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I WANNA SEE THE REST OF THEM SO BADLY! HINAHOHO AND DRACON FTMFW!>V<. Anyhoo, what have we learned this week kids? If Morgiana wants to lend you her aid, you better effing take it, unless you want her to stomp a literal mud hole in your ass.
Old 2012-11-19, 00:13   Link #987
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Freebie avatars of Aladdin and Morgiana:

And group signatures:

I can make small changes if you want to add something to it.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 00:24   Link #988
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
Freebie avatars of Aladdin and Morgiana:
Thanks will be getting this one
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 00:29   Link #989
monir
cho~ kakkoii

More I watch Aladdin, more I think Aladdin is a girl. If Aladdin turns out to be a girl after all, her diving into waiting boobs will do nothing for me.

Please don't confirm or deny my above observation in the thread.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 00:56   Link #990
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkyWinky View Post
This last episode wasn't really rushed at all in my opinion ; they needed to show alibaba's face to create a good climax at the end of the episode. That's rather well made, no?
You would have a point if nearly every episode wasn't churning through 5-6 chapters of the manga. It's not like they had to put more material in to get to a good stoppage point, they've been consistently using that many chapters per episode. Sometimes they do a good job(4-6), others time they do a poor job (1-3)., I haven't seen 7 myself yet but opinions seem a lot more mixed than the last 3 episodes...

It's hilarious when you see stuff like To Love Ru (original series) get single chapters padded out to fill an entire episode yet the best shonen manga since FMA has to go through 5-6 chapters per episode.

And for what reason? Covering upto Balbadd alone would've been more than enough, they pretty much came out and said the first arc was going to be compressed so they could do Balbadd justice.. yet it looks like going @ the exact same rate and we either get the next few arcs rushed like everything else or some original material helmed by Yoshino.

Lets be reality, if this was a an ongoing series like One Piece or Bleach you wouldn't have seen this episode until the late teens.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 01:02   Link #991
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You would have a point if nearly every episode wasn't churning through 5-6 chapters of the manga. It's not like they had to put more material in to get to a good stoppage point, they've been consistently using that many chapters per episode. Sometimes they do a good job(4-6), others time they do a poor job (1-3)., I haven't seen 7 myself yet but opinions seem a lot more mixed than the last 3 episodes...
I agree with TinkyWinky that they needed to show Alibaba at the end to have a good climax for the episode. I honestly don't see any other stopping point before that moment, so there was no way to cover less chapters imo.
Old 2012-11-19, 01:06   Link #992
Lota

You really can't complain about this episode in that aspect. They adapted only 3,5 chapters and perfectly well, IMO, and it was a really good stopping point. I only saw the raw so far, but I really really enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
And group signatures:
I-I'd like to have that one
Lota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 01:10   Link #993
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

hmm, so Aladdin can control ugo's size
that's new
Old 2012-11-19, 01:19   Link #994
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Really, really liking the developments in this series. For as much as this show goofs around, it does a magnificent job of building a serious mood when it wants to. Quickly too; just like that. The balancing act between action, drama and comedy has been great so far, which is something I particularly appreciate. Sinbad's character design looks fan-freaking-tastic (especially decked out in jewelry before he got robbed ), and I concur with aohige; Balbaad in full view was splendid to behold.
I just want to agree with all of this. Episode 7 was highly enjoyable, with good character design and backgrounds; quick, deft story development; good new characters and some character development for one of the old ones; and an interesting cliffhanger (especially Ali Baba's grim expression). To me, this seems like a really high quality anime, despite -- and because of -- its simplicity.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-11-19 at 13:20.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 01:48   Link #995
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Lets be reality, if this was a an ongoing series like One Piece or Bleach you wouldn't have seen this episode until the late teens.
The animation also wouldn't have been as consistently good as it is so I think it's just a necessary compromise to cover enough material in 25 episodes. I'd imagine they want to do more than just one major arc in this anime..I'll admit as an anime only viewer it would feel weird to me if they stayed in Balbad for the rest of the season.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:22   Link #996
Westlo
Lets be reality

lol @ this on gaf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
The animation also wouldn't have been as consistently good as it is so I think it's just a necessary compromise to cover enough material in 25 episodes. I'd imagine they want to do more than just one major arc in this anime..I'll admit as an anime only viewer it would feel weird to me if they stayed in Balbad for the rest of the season.
They will still only do one major arc this season.... (you could argue the second major arc only recently started in the manga...) Balbadds also a way better ending point than what they may do if they go further as opposed to add original stuff.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 03:00   Link #997
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I'll admit as an anime only viewer it would feel weird to me if they stayed in Balbad for the rest of the season.
But they said Balbad would be the main arc, so unless they were trolling we're staying in Balbad till the end.
Old 2012-11-19, 03:37   Link #998
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well I enjoyed the episode but the pacing really upsets me at the same time, so mixed feelings here.

I will say that for some reason Morg had much more personality in this episode than last episode. She's better when she has good characters to bounce off of.

Quote:
Every Weeks I always see a lot of guys who have read the manga complaining about the adaptation and it pisses me off.
Source material readers tend to be a whiny bunch, but I think in this case it is wholly justified. I am quite shocked how fast this episode was myself. We barely had time to feel out the new cast members, then at blinding speed we're jumping to this new conflict already. It is going WAAAAAAY too fast.

I would have preferred if the material was better paced and I am not a reader of the manga. This anime is just encouraging me to read the manga instead.

Quote:
Anyway Magi is without a doubt the shonen of the year!
As a Hunter x Hunter fan, I emphatically disagree .

Quote:
It's hilarious when you see stuff like To Love Ru (original series) get single chapters padded out to fill an entire episode yet the best shonen manga since FMA has to go through 5-6 chapters per episode.
Well it's been a good commercial for the manga for me...

Quote:
Not sure this is a good argument. Hunter x Hunter is much longer as a shonen anime so far and it has fantastic visuals, at times just clearly blowing away anything magi's done so far out of the water.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 08:09   Link #999
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But they said Balbad would be the main arc, so unless they were trolling we're staying in Balbad till the end.
With this speed, they may actually finish Balbadd at 13th or 14th episode and end the series after Zagan's Dungeon ( Assuming this series will have 24-26 eps ).

I'm not saying the anime adaptation is bad but the pace is really fast.
Old 2012-11-19, 08:55   Link #1000
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As an anime only watcher, I didn't find this episode all that rushed. Fast paced, sure - and sometimes that can be a good thing. They introduced us to new cast members and a new conflict arose, leaving no time to get bored. The cliffhanger was pretty neat.

I'm liking Morgianna more and more. Loved her pouty face when she told Sindbad she would fight as well. You'd better no get on that girl's bad side.

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen