Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-01, 18:20   Link #501
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I find it funny how a bunch of people get the German tanks thinking they're going to be kickass steel monsters and then forget this game was made by Russians.
And yet at the top tiers the Russian tanks are the worst performing
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 18:33   Link #502
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
I find it funny how a bunch of people get the German tanks thinking they're going to be kickass steel monsters and then forget this game was made by Russians.
More importantly, they don't realize that Tigers and Panthers would be facing equal tanks, and not only the Shermans and T-34s of RL.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 19:05   Link #503
LeoXiao
思想工作

Well...yes that is true. But there are things like the actual penetration values of German guns being nerfed, or the top German heavies having bad guns all around. I don't actually think there's much Russian bias if at all, it's just that people go into the game thinking Germans will always have the best stuff which simply isn't true.

On a side note, apparently the developers noticed that Americans have an obsession with German tanks whereas in Russia they always had a thing for Japanese battleships. I wonder why that is...

Quote:
And yet at the top tiers the Russian tanks are the worst performing
Really? In 7.5 or so I got 8 kills and 4 hero awards in an IS4. And the T-62A has a great gun.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 19:19   Link #504
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Speaking of Germans having bad guns, I'm kind of experiencing some of that right now even on the PanzerIV. I have the second gun (74 was it?), and I've found that most of my shots bounce off enemies of my tier level. Heck to even get a kill, I usually have to circle around or, like what people suggested here, aim at vulnerable tracks.
Old 2012-12-01, 19:47   Link #505
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Speaking of Germans having bad guns, I'm kind of experiencing some of that right now even on the PanzerIV. I have the second gun (74 was it?), and I've found that most of my shots bounce off enemies of my tier level. Heck to even get a kill, I usually have to circle around or, like what people suggested here, aim at vulnerable tracks.
Well i think most tanks are like that if you don't have the best gun. The l/48 in the pzIV should be able to pen the fronts of other t5s easily except the kv5.

When you get to higher tier german tanks have have to grind the top guns, its pure torture.
Old 2012-12-01, 21:24   Link #506
Mow Yun

Quote:
Really? In 7.5 or so I got 8 kills and 4 hero awards in an IS4. And the T-62A has a great gun.
I believe the IS-4 and IS-7 are the worst performing tier 10 tanks. T-62A is literally the only Soviet tank in use in clan wars (the turretless TDs are never used in general and the 261 is obsoleted by the French arty)

Though I am biased since I hated my IS-4, and very much regret going up the Soviet tech tree.
Old 2012-12-01, 21:28   Link #507
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

By the way, I also have a SPG (a Bison), but I've never got how some Artillery players can get super-accurate shots like I've seen. How DO you aim with one anyway?
Old 2012-12-01, 21:31   Link #508
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
By the way, I also have a SPG (a Bison), but I've never got how some Artillery players can get super-accurate shots like I've seen. How DO you aim with one anyway?
Hold shift and get some mods to show you angles or trajectories..

Ultimately German artys are more accurate than others too!

Outlook is .. Explosive!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 22:26   Link #509
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I find the idea of an online game being moddable as... unusual, to say the least. So there are mods that make artillery aiming less confusing? I really want to actually hit something for a change...
Old 2012-12-01, 23:37   Link #510
Mow Yun

Quote:
I find the idea of an online game being moddable as... unusual, to say the least. So there are mods that make artillery aiming less confusing? I really want to actually hit something for a change...
You gotta wait for the aiming circle to close fully. Do you have a 75% crew? High trained crews make all the difference.
Old 2012-12-01, 23:55   Link #511
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I do, and yes, my crew is actually HIGHER than that at this point, yet I have trouble hitting anything.... Which makes it all the more surprising when, playing with my usual tanks, that I have teammates call for artillery fire and then have it hit ON THE DOT from across the map.
Old 2012-12-02, 00:50   Link #512
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Aim a little bit behind the enemy tank, but that actually depend on the line you're using. America one has higher arc, so the circle is tend to be rounder, which make it harder to hit than other lines.

I just hate the current SPG, since I feel like it depends on luck way too much. My shots keep getting hit or miss randomly even if I aim at the same spot.
Old 2012-12-02, 02:07   Link #513
LeoXiao
思想工作

I was thinking that rushing might actually be the best way to play World of Tanks instead of sitting around in the back or generally being slow.

Basically, rushing works if you do it in groups and if you use a little bit of organization. If we platoon or do company battles, we should keep this in mind. When you rush, go wild. Do not concentrate on killing opponents so much as taking positions and THEN firing from them, then taking NEW positions to account for the new environment. If one person does this it is suicide. When a group does it, it is blitzkrieg.

Here's some of my results from today:

- Using my SU-85, I charged across the field at malinovka to the line of houses. At least five enemies were firing at me by the time I was halfway across, and by the time I died right next to the house, they had only hit me twice. Had we had more tanks with me we would've built up a good presence and permanent passive scout (for friendly snipers) near the enemy base.

- With my ELC AMX on Port I got into the enemy quarter of the city, being shot at about four times before getting across the tracks/field. I went directly past three higher tier enemy tanks defending in the city before being killed by a T29. If we had more guys we could've done some serious damage and perhaps changed the course of the battle.

- In my PzIV on Fisherman's Bay, I started in the south and went directly north not to our part of the town, but to theirs, making a beeline to the shoreline in the northeast. I encountered two SU85s, a churchill, and was hit and killed only when I stopped to shoot a Stug. If we had had a few similar tanks, none or few of us wouldve been hit and we still could've done heavy damage to those enemies who were not prepared.

In a game with an AMX 13 75 on Mountain Pass, I went directly into the valley, and supported a platoon of IS7s gong along the eastern route. I took a hit from an IS4 and the swarm behind me rushed forward to kill him and his surprised comrades while we was reloading. We won in two minutes.

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2012-12-02 at 13:09.
Old 2012-12-02, 04:43   Link #514
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
More importantly, they don't realize that Tigers and Panthers would be facing equal tanks, and not only the Shermans and T-34s of RL.
Not only that but medium tanks face a lot more heavy tanks in game than they did in real life. The numbers of medium and light tanks produced dwarfs the number of heavy tanks produced during World War 2.
Yet in game it's the other way around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I just hate the current SPG, since I feel like it depends on luck way too much. My shots keep getting hit or miss randomly even if I aim at the same spot.
I have to agree with this I've managed to hit moving scouts and other times I had zero hits of five on a heavy tank that wasn't moving at all nor behind cover. SPGs can be fun but also a frustrating experience. I'm using the Russian SPGs, rotating turret FTW.
Quote:
On a side note, apparently the developers noticed that Americans have an obsession with German tanks whereas in Russia they always had a thing for Japanese battleships. I wonder why that is...
Speaking of Japanese battleships I can't wait to get the Yamato in World of Warships.
Old 2012-12-02, 11:26   Link #515
Sumeragi
Banned

If you don't mind, my friends, please vote up the following submission in the "November Creative Contest Final". He is a friend of mine who is a great writer.
Old 2012-12-02, 12:38   Link #516
Sumeragi
Banned

Just to clarify: I meant vote for KaiserMartens in the above post.

I've been thinking of going down the Panther line one of these days.
Old 2012-12-02, 13:18   Link #517
LeoXiao
思想工作

Voted. And Panther is badass, you will get it.
Old 2012-12-02, 13:33   Link #518
Sumeragi
Banned

Here's my thought process:

With the Tiger so far, I have been able to bounce shots and also hit at vital points to cause damage. If I get better mobility and a far more accurate gun, combined with almost all the relevant research needed done, why not try out the Panther?
Old 2012-12-02, 13:45   Link #519
LeoXiao
思想工作

Don't you have a Pz III/IV? Get the VK 3001H (it's a fun, fast tank, at least back in 6.x) and then the Panther.
Old 2012-12-02, 13:47   Link #520
Sumeragi
Banned

I would need to sell the Tiger for that. No cash.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks