AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 69 58.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 29.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 6.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.85%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-28, 09:20   Link #81
Death Usagi
Banned

Am I reading too much into Ragyo's "It's not over yet..."?

I got the same vibe I got from Lord Genome when he was defeated by Simon in the first half of TTGL where he warned Simon about the Anti-Spirals.

But since the series is over, I may really be reading too much into it. I would just say the series is over but something feels really vague. Guess I will have to wait for Episode 25 in DVD/Blu-ray.
Old 2014-03-28, 09:22   Link #82
Jerseykid

Only thing that was missing was 5 seconds at the very end of something foreboding
Old 2014-03-28, 09:44   Link #83
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Am I reading too much into Ragyo's "It's not over yet..."?

I got the same vibe I got from Lord Genome when he was defeated by Simon in the first half of TTGL where he warned Simon about the Anti-Spirals.

But since the series is over, I may really be reading too much into it. I would just say the series is over but something feels really vague. Guess I will have to wait for Episode 25 in DVD/Blu-ray.
I think it was more like the AntiSpirals going "but you'll bring up the Spiral Nemesis eventually" and Simon answering "if that happens, we'll take care of it". Ryuko is the moral winner there, she's basically saying "yeah, keep 'em coming, think we can't handle them?". It's not like the Life Fibers really have a will of their own imho. I think they're just spores randomly spawning throughout the galaxy. If they were to fall on Earth again, without time to establish an herald like they did with Ragyo, they'll just be eliminated - they don't have a surprise factor any more. So I don't think that'll be a hook for a Season 2. I don't even think there WILL be a Season 2 - imho Trigger would rather cook up some new and entirely different madness than go back on what they already did.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-03-28, 09:56   Link #84
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It was a fun show. The finale was awesome but I think Satsuki backstabbing Ragyo was the series at its best. This episode felt like the finale of Gurren Lagann and Saint Seiya Omega season 1 with the hero fighting in space with new powers. A cliche but still well executed.

It was fun still seeing the Elite Four fighting and not being so overshadowed as in previous episodes.

Also, poor Senketsu ;_;
Old 2014-03-28, 10:06   Link #85
kazuki_yuki92
Lelouch and C.C fans

Send a message via Yahoo to kazuki_yuki92
it been a fun watching this anime..
the ending is so perfect..wishing a slice of life for the ova!!

God bless Trigger
Old 2014-03-28, 10:35   Link #86
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

I want to know what those scars were on Ragyo's back.
How did she become who she was if she was a normal human to begin with?

Never answered at all...
Sam Pinansky
Old 2014-03-28, 10:36   Link #87
Gravitas Free Zone

The handling of Senketsu's, uh, departure sours the ending for me. It felt really tacked on, occurring after Ryuko wins, during a cooldown beat, and with hardly any explanation. If it had happened as, say, a battle sacrifice (like one other prominent example from last year that happened at about the same time during that series), it would have felt much less rushed and pointless.
Old 2014-03-28, 10:41   Link #88
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
(like one other prominent example from last year that happened at about the same time during that series)
Just curious, what show are you talking about? Is it SSY?

Old 2014-03-28, 10:46   Link #89
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Just curious, what show are you talking about? Is it SSY?
Not that one. The title was originally enclosed in spoiler tags, but it seemed to me that the series that I'm referring to had so few characters that would fit an analogous role that it would be far too easy to figure out who died if I mentioned the title.
Old 2014-03-28, 11:02   Link #90
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Not that one. The title was originally enclosed in spoiler tags, but it seemed to me that the series that I'm referring to had so few characters that would fit an analogous role that it would be far too easy to figure out who died if I mentioned the title.
I can only think of

Spoiler for Another guess:

Old 2014-03-28, 11:06   Link #91
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
I want to know what those scars were on Ragyo's back.
How did she become who she was if she was a normal human to begin with?

Never answered at all...
This is probably the biggest unanswered question (besides maybe Houmaru). It's implied the family is a sort of caretaker, but how they got it and why it drove Ragyo to do what she did is not explained at all. Nor do they explain how she ended up becoming a life fiber being. You could infer that she experimented on herself, which is probably the case since she was trying to use her own genes/eggs to create life fiber beings. Perhaps the scars are just scars? Though they were displayed prominently a number of times.

I think this was the biggest issue with KLK. The characterization was great. It gave me memorable people to love and hate. However I wouldn't say the character development was well done. It sufficed in terms of telling a story, but there's not really anything beyond the most immediate explanations of character motivations and progress. Oddly it doesn't really diminish my enjoyment of the story, but it certainly would have enhanced it.

Now that things are established though, perhaps a future sequel (or prequel) to KLK can help flesh out those areas more. There's a lot of potential without needing to retread the previous story.
Old 2014-03-28, 11:13   Link #92
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I could only speculate that those scars on ragyo's back were leftovers from when they were experimenting with life fiber integration, take note that ragyo started those experiments after she was born, which meant opening her up and putting life fibers inside her.

ryuuko doesn't have those since she was born with life fibers, same with nui.

with that said, solid ending, no loose ends, and in a way senketsu needed to die so that ryuuko could live a normal life, I really liked how it was done, seeing all those revocs clothing and senketsu burning up to protect those humans upon re-entry.

I don't know how they survived impact though, all those people were shown floating down like balloons, but ryuuko came down like a meteor and needed an entire army of academy students just to prevent her from crashing and dying, so did all those other people die or not?

seeing the scissor blade combined was something I was looking forward to since episode 1, I thought it would be some kind of ultimate weapon when combined, kind of disappointed that it had no effect on ragyo, although it did serve the purpose of emphasizing that from the start, dr. matoi's ultimate weapon wasn't the scissor blade at all, it was ryuuko/senketsu.

something was also wrong with nonon's hair, when ryuuko absorbed all the goku uniforms, she suddenly had short hair, the next time we see her she has her long hair back, then she loses her long hair again, that was one very obvious flaw, I don't know if it's a joke or what.

I don't want to think about these too hard though, after all, "nonsensical is our thing"

the only question that remains is that will ryuuko ever age and die, we know she's normal in that she is growing like a human should (from a baby to a teenager), but with life fibers inside her, either she will die eventually but before reaching old age because life fibers and humans were "decoupled" and she won't be able to maintain her form, or as a unique life fiber/human hybrid, she will live forever, or maybe until she chooses to kill herself like ragyo.

all in all, Trigger had a solid hit with this one, good for them
Old 2014-03-28, 11:23   Link #93
Tormenk

Given Ragyo's hellbent attitude of worship and spread of the life fibers , I would say a mix of the Kiryuin family's history indoctrination and abuse from her own mother resulted in her own scars before she succeeded in merging her body with life fibers.

Given her track record with Satsuki it seems fairly likely to me.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2014-03-28, 11:37   Link #94
ookamigirl

Honnouji Academy final showdown.
It sure was flashy ^^
Mommy dearest dominated with ease.
That was to be expected.
I only waited to see how what tactics they'll use to bring her down.
Looks like the nudist beach tactics was only a part of the solution.
Ryuko + Satsuki & their "minions" = total victory
Just when I thought they won, a bigger challenge arose.
It was like watching a double trouble challenge. Awesome!
We finally got to see the Scissor Blade in action too ^^
Amazing final episode! Highly enjoyable.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2014-03-28, 11:52   Link #95
Anime Online

The reason why Ragyo choose to help the life fiber take over the world wasn't really explained. Since humans are just sustenance to the life fibers, Ragyo's actions are clearly self-destructive. So what were her motivations? She found a ball of life fiber yarn and just went full bat-crazy? The life fiber don't seem to be able to communicate, so how did Ragyo figure out their entire plan? It's like she's just there because the show needs a wacko antagonist.
Old 2014-03-28, 11:52   Link #96
Death Usagi
Banned

The death of Senketsu felt really sudden and felt seriously vague...
Old 2014-03-28, 12:19   Link #97
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
with that said, solid ending, no loose ends, and in a way senketsu needed to die so that ryuuko could live a normal life
She still would have lived a normal life. Its not as if Senketsu's existence affected her in a harmful way.

Seems like Trigger just wanted throw in a self-sacrifice since it's the thing to do in this scenario regardless of how much it made sense IMO. Well I still found the ending enjoyable anyway despite that.
Old 2014-03-28, 12:23   Link #98
Death Usagi
Banned

Actually I feel it's possible Senketsu was on the verge of death after he absorbed Shinra Koketsu that before he died, he wanted to get Ryuuko back down on earth quickly.
Old 2014-03-28, 12:31   Link #99
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Too Rushed so the ending feel underwhelming.

Should remove some from first half and make last third longer

Still enjoyable at the end thouht
Old 2014-03-28, 12:47   Link #100
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I guess Senketsu going out like that was ok on some level. I mean some sort of consequence for the insane stuff they pulled in this episode was bound to occur. Though they could have easily dodged that if they wanted. Maybe just wanted to clear the slate on the planet of everything unusual (aside from Ryuko herself).

In the end despite all the flags, no one really died here. Well for the good guys anyways. Kind of funny that Nui just kind of was gone at the end. It's not like she wasn't still in existence when she 'joined' with Ragyou. Though she certainly must have died after Ryuko separated all life fibers from humans. In the end the one who killed Ryuko and Satsuki's father never really got a dramatic death (aside from the cutting her own head off business) but that didn't really kill her.

Still some good action. A good laugh from Gamagori being fine though I suspected he would be. I mean who isn't wearing that kind of body armor everywhere ?

Tags
final episode thread, trigger