AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-02, 03:33   Link #21
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
Ok this thing I'm going to say is NSFW. Not Safe For Life too =/ And Not Safe For Relationships and Kids.
Spoiler:

Just a note, things I did in that 'spoiler' note is not meant for kids who've got bad relations with parents.

On the side note, I do like the various girls from CLANNAD too.
Each with their own good and bad points.
Nice <3
Old 2007-12-20, 01:47   Link #22
Dark Wing

Yea know Tomoya actually reminds me a lot of Kyon form Haruhi.

- The only member of the main cast who seem to have common sense

- His quick jabs and comebacks

- His ability to attract the weirdest people.

Yup totally a screaming parallel of Kyon...
Old 2007-12-20, 06:35   Link #23
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Yea know Tomoya actually reminds me a lot of Kyon form Haruhi.

- The only member of the main cast who seem to have common sense

- His quick jabs and comebacks

- His ability to attract the weirdest people.

Yup totally a screaming parallel of Kyon...
Kyon is not a prankster.

Kyon does not have a dysfunctional relationship with his father.

Kyon does not have a disability.

Tomoya makes things happen. Things happen to Kyon.

I can probably go on, but the gist of the message is... Tomatoes and Apples are not the same, even if they are both red and juicy. Superficial similarities are just that, superficial.

Cheers.
Old 2007-12-27, 11:55   Link #24
hachihachi
i've been nell-ed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
And I also like Tomoya/Nagisa much more than Yuuichi/Ayu or Yukito/Misuzu. Their relationship feels a lot more natural than the other two. Yuuichi/Ayu seemed to come out of no where, and I never really saw Yukito/Misuzu more than a friendship sort of bond.
totally agree with you about the natural part.
nonetheless, another lucky bastard with a harem at this point
Old 2007-12-27, 13:32   Link #25
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
And I also like Tomoya/Nagisa much more than Yuuichi/Ayu or Yukito/Misuzu. Their relationship feels a lot more natural than the other two. Yuuichi/Ayu seemed to come out of no where, and I never really saw Yukito/Misuzu more than a friendship sort of bond.
While I agree, I can't figure out whether it's because NagisaxTomoya has more chemistry or it's just that Ayu and Misuzu are Lolis. They seem totally innocent and not a prospective gf/lover/whatever. Maybe that's why Nagisa is even older than Tomoya? He's doubly lucky for having an older woman
Old 2007-12-27, 14:56   Link #26
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

So true about the superficial comparisons, Skane. I guess people like things that are familiar, and will try to justify any parallels they might conceive, regardless of whether it's really appropriate or not. Makes me wonder what people would say about shows like this if they were to refrain from referring to any other shows...eh, whatever.
Old 2007-12-27, 16:09   Link #27
GreatTeacherKen

^^ well at least s/he didn't say Tomoya was a rip off of Kyon.
Old 2008-02-09, 17:33   Link #28
Divini
Senpai!

Tomoya is either not interested in girls, or totally devoted to Nagisa.

I mean, look at ep17, it wasn't until halfway through the gym storage scene that he thought "Crap, what's with this mood" and even then he didn't seem to be inticed by Kyou at all.

And then he's annoyed that Tomoyo's waking him up every morning!

... and of course Ryou fawning over him... and Kotomi's kawaiiness as well.

GAHHH <- half-joking
Old 2008-02-10, 01:15   Link #29
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

I know I wish I had his troubles.
Old 2008-02-10, 01:24   Link #30
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Your condition is known as the secondary character syndrome, otherwise known as the Sunohara complex. Don't worry, 90% of the male anime population suffers from it, so there's plenty of treatment centers and help groups for it.
Old 2008-02-11, 12:39   Link #31
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
hes probably my favorite male lead out of all the romance/comedies ive seen after rin(shuffle) turned out to be a bust

sorry still a kaede fan :P

anywho while he doesnt always do whats best he seems to always do whats right
heehee i was wondering if i should put this up. tomoya is pretty rin-esque isnt he? and his situation is turning into a shuffle situation as well.. but tomoya>rin any day hes wayy cool

i actually burst out laughing when he plays pranks on people, i.e sunohara or fuko
Old 2008-02-13, 10:38   Link #32
Malzar
Dark Watcher

1)He's a lucky bastard for having so much nice girls that adore him even when he's not giving them attention
2)He's rly the perfect main character
3)He looks a bit like the main character from shakugan no shana =p
Old 2008-02-13, 12:51   Link #33
*Forte*
~ 長門 有希 ~

Well, Okazaki is a cool guy, I can see his feelings about Nagisa and it's much stronger than "friends", which is his relationship with other girls. He may be a delinquent, but very kind person and it would be better if he's with Nagisa.

I'm a Tomoyo's fan, what did I just say....
Old 2008-02-16, 00:31   Link #34
Hell2shin
Higurashi addict

Tomoya is a good main character... He actually deserves that harem since he's done so many nice things lol. You can tell he's starting to develop feelings for Nagisa and already has some for Kyou. Lol, he's so similar to the other 'Key' anime main characters.
Old 2008-02-16, 00:52   Link #35
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well indeed...he is quite similar, but at the same time he is fundamentally different. Their cynical, I barely care about everyday life personality kind of resembles each other, but I think that by now we can all already see that there is something essential that is different between Yuuichi, Tomoya and Yukito.
Old 2008-02-16, 05:28   Link #36
The_TempesT

There really isnt much in this thread about Tomoya but I'd just like to say I find him one of the best male leads I've ever come across. He might seem dense as hell when it comes to women but deep down I think he can probably tell what some of they are thinking (i.e Ryou's feelings when she blushes at him) and his attitude is probably one of the coolest I've seen from male leads, and unlike alot of male leads I've seen, he doesn't cause me to rip out my hair in frustration by his actions.
Old 2008-02-16, 19:43   Link #37
Joachim
et tu, brute?

tomoya, yea he's a cool man, almost all key's main lead are a cool and responsible one add manly looking there.. oh wait there's little busters riki

i love how tomoya crack some jokes, especially some of his pranks which seemed kinda spontaneous but well have devastating result

one of the most humorous guy in key universe thats for sure, oh wait we have sunohara for that lol
Old 2008-02-19, 04:46   Link #38
greyhawk
Some dude

A true humorous guy is one who can crack a joke without blinking an eye or giggling before others. Sunohara Tomoya FTW!
Yupe, helping out every girl, remaining oblivious to their feelings, always doing the righteous thing... typical of a harem-gatherer. Kinda too perfect IMO, you can't even envy hate him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malzar
3)He looks a bit like the main character from shakugan no shana =p
Old 2008-02-20, 02:02   Link #39
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
In no way Tomoya is like Sakai Yuuji, in fact both of them are of the total opposite >.>
Old 2008-02-20, 04:10   Link #40
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_TempesT View Post
There really isnt much in this thread about Tomoya but I'd just like to say I find him one of the best male leads I've ever come across. He might seem dense as hell when it comes to women but deep down I think he can probably tell what some of they are thinking (i.e Ryou's feelings when she blushes at him) and his attitude is probably one of the coolest I've seen from male leads, and unlike alot of male leads I've seen, he doesn't cause me to rip out my hair in frustration by his actions.
Yes, you are right on. Tomoya clearly isn't dense, he knows about Ryou and when 4 girls come to your house to cook for you, it's hard not to understand what's going on. What's holding him back is his lack of self-image. Like he said to Tomoyo, he doesn't think that he can get a girlfriend. He is a delinquent (in any Asian country that is BAD, you have no future so to speak), on bad terms with his dad, and can't play basketball anymore. He has no dreams, no family, and no future in his mind, basically he sees himself as pathetic.

I think that while he does see signs of interest from the girls, he probably doesn't understand why they like him, because in his mind there is nothing to like. All the attention probably confuses him more than anything, BECAUSE he understands and is not dense.