AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-28, 21:37   Link #261
Xiaolang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think I may have mentioned that Hirano Aya is also doing voiceovers for an NHK educational show called "Kaitai Shin Show." It is a sort of medical show about various aspects of the human body, with also a bit of a game-show element. Some clips have turned up on YouTube that give us another style of Hirano-voice altogether. That old-fashioned voiceover you hear is Hirano. Not that it's so hard to tell.
Hirano-san's voice aside, that breast-feeding part of that video is uh... interesting to say the least.
Old 2007-09-01, 15:47   Link #262
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

On her blog, Endou Aya (Miyuki) has posted a shot of herself at dinner with a friend in an Italian restaurant over the weekend. It's just about the nicest photo of her I've seen, so I thought I'd post it here (click to enlarge):

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-09-03, 18:15   Link #263
Calawain
Gaijin

Going to add in here some comments on Sumi Shimamoto as Kanata from episode 22. I thought she did an amazing job, and definitely made a big impression on the second half of the episode. I found her voice very distinguished and mature, and she spoke very clearly. Overall it was a very pleasing voice to listen to that fit the character very well and even gave her more uniqueness and definition. Once again, KyoAni makes a great choice in seiyu, adding another stellar performance to the many on the show.

Browsing through wikipedia she hasn't done much of anything I've seen except for small parts in Bleach, Kenshin and Ai Yori Aoshi. Seems like the bulk of her work is from older series, which isn't too surprising considering her age.
Old 2007-09-16, 14:13   Link #264
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Chihara Minori is just thrilled with the "silver limited edition" of her new album, "Contact." She says on her blog that she burst into tears when she first saw the CD jacket. The photo is pretty grand. She joked that she wondered who it was.

Here are photos on Lantis's site for the album, which is released 24 October. Minorin will have a national tour next February. And here is a photo from Minorin's blog. But the photo of the album cover is much better on the Lantis site.

Just for good measure, here is the cover of Hirano Aya's 10 October single, Love Gun, the first of three singles in three months she will be bringing out. She is far from busy with seiyuu work this fall, appearing in only one new show (a non-major role in Dragonaut) and continuing only Eyeshield 21 and her voiceover for the NHK show. This weekend she has been on Okinawa being photographed for something (she says she can't say what). Idol activities are taking precedence over seiyuu work right now -- although she has recently said in her blog how happy she is to be a seiyuu.

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-09-16, 17:48   Link #265
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Kaoru-dono, any words on how Gotou-chan (I'm older!) feel about her Gotouza-sama role?

Also, any more info on Patti's seiyuu? More I listen to her work the more I'm impressed with her. She managed to speak a gaijin accent without making fun of THE gaijin accent (see Stressman in Live Action Nodame Cantabile), and use perfect American pronunciation when needed. It made her sounded like an outsider but incredibly articulate and cute at the same time.

Also, more info on Hiroyi and Misao's seiyuu would be nice. They are both impressing the crap out of me. I kinda wish the 1st graders would have their own show.. HEY! How THAT for the second season of Lucky Star? Haha, more neta to discuss!
Old 2007-09-17, 13:23   Link #266
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Kaoru-dono, any words on how Gotou-chan (I'm older!) feel about her Gotouza-sama role?

Also, any more info on Patti's seiyuu? More I listen to her work the more I'm impressed with her. She managed to speak a gaijin accent without making fun of THE gaijin accent (see Stressman in Live Action Nodame Cantabile), and use perfect American pronunciation when needed. It made her sounded like an outsider but incredibly articulate and cute at the same time.

Also, more info on Hiroyi and Misao's seiyuu would be nice. They are both impressing the crap out of me. I kinda wish the 1st graders would have their own show.. HEY! How THAT for the second season of Lucky Star? Haha, more neta to discuss!
I haven't seen Gotuuza-sama speak directly about it, but I do remember her saying in the forum at AX that she wanted a role closer to her real personality: masculine and forceful.

As for Patty, do take a look at her blog, which she is updating several times a day. I have a little info on her here and on the Lucky Star characters/seiyuus page, where there is also a little info about Misao and Hiyori's seiyuus. Misao's seiyuu is relatively new, with only three previous roles, and only one of them named. Hiyori's seiyuu is one of the real pros: Shimizu Kaori, who played Lain. I see her turning up in shows with young seiyuus (e.g., Lemon Angel Project, Bokura ga Ita, this show). I have the feeling she must be a good mentor, despite the fact she is only 24. She is a friend of Koshimizu Ami's.

Sasaki Nozomi (Patty) is the main reason I was looking forward to this show, as I've said. Her voice as Nanami in Bokura ga Ita was a revelation. The most moe voice I have ever heard. It took me a while to get used to what she is doing in LS, but it really is a good way of doing a foreign voice. I remember Stresemann in the dorama, too. He wasn't that different in the anime, either. Her voice is one of those highly identifiable voices that I like. Unique.

Here are some photos from Gotou Yuuko's blog and the Lantis page for her new album that show she is beginning to move toward a tougher image:

Old 2007-09-17, 16:00   Link #267
darksider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Perdon me to interrupt you there, but I couldn't find anything on her blog about the role; come to think of it, she isn't a person to bother about such a small thing, I guess. And in the latest entry, she says she got her power cut off due to the unpaid electricity charges. it's been unnoticed (or she being lazy) and now she's horribly busy in the daytime, I understand, but, the fact really scares me... Gottouza-sama really is in a different class than us!
Old 2007-09-17, 20:28   Link #268
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksider View Post
Pardon me to interrupt you there, but I couldn't find anything on her blog about the role; come to think of it, she isn't a person to bother about such a small thing, I guess. And in the latest entry, she says she got her power cut off due to the unpaid electricity charges. it's been unnoticed (or she being lazy) and now she's horribly busy in the daytime, I understand, but, the fact really scares me... Gottouza-sama really is in a different class than us!
Very interesting. I think she says it had to do with her switching a bank account and forgetting that the electricity bill was being automatically paid out of it, and she couldn't get to the bank because she was working all the hours it's open. I have the feeling that the Tokyo utility company must be pretty quick on the draw, and not provide a lot of warning.

I heard another story about power being cut off: to seiyuu Ochiai Yurika's apartment. But in that case it really was because she was running out of money. This fall, Gotuuza-sama has roles in three new series (Blue Drop, Dragonaut, and Night Wizard) and an OVA (Hidamari Sketch), so I don't think she's running out of money. On the contrary, her career seems to be taking off.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-09-17 at 20:40.
Old 2007-09-18, 15:23   Link #269
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

something i dug up from Lucky Channel.

Did Minoru really gone up to the forest mountains?!
Old 2007-09-18, 15:35   Link #270
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
something i dug up from Lucky Channel.

Did Minoru really gone up to the forest mountains?!
Yeah he did. Part of the final ED was shot in the haunted forest. Whenever yo use him standing on the twisted pile of wood or have a backpack, he's in the scariest place in Japan, or even the world. Check out the video I posted on Hard Gay in the Haunted forest, it look just like it. I think I'm going to pay it a visit next time...
Old 2007-09-18, 18:37   Link #271
Calawain
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Very interesting. I think she says it had to do with her switching a bank account and forgetting that the electricity bill was being automatically paid out of it, and she couldn't get to the bank because she was working all the hours it's open. I have the feeling that the Tokyo utility company must be pretty quick on the draw, and not provide a lot of warning.

I heard another story about power being cut off: to seiyuu Ochiai Yurika's apartment. But in that case it really was because she was running out of money. This fall, Gotuuza-sama has roles in three new series (Blue Drop, Dragonaut, and Night Wizard) and an OVA (Hidamari Sketch), so I don't think she's running out of money. On the contrary, her career seems to be taking off.
Heh, must be different in Japan then here in the states. I worked in government this summer sometimes dealing with the public utility companies, and the only way you got your power turned off was if you ran up a HUGE bill. Which is like not paying for a year+. They are very worried about liability when they shut off power and there's someone with medical equipment there. Anyways, I hope she got everything squared away.

As for watching Bokura ga Ita, when I had previously looked at the ANN summaries and folks comments I'm not sure I would like the show. However, if Sasaki Nozomi is the lead female I may have to just bear with it and try....
Old 2007-09-24, 12:06   Link #272
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Some photos from Fukuhara Kaori's (Tsukasa's) blog. First some shots from the open recording of the final Lucky Channel radio show, at the Tokyo Game Show:

Doesn't she look serious in those first two, reading her script? Next, here is a shot of her stir-frying vegetables to go into a curry she and seiyuu Fujita Saki (Momoha in Manabi Straight, Mina in Tokimeki Memorial) made in her kitchen. They went together to see the new Evangelion movie, then Saki spent the night at Kaorin's apartment. Kaorin says the curry was delicious, both that night and the next morning., The only problem was that they talked until late at night and didn't get enough sleep. Kaorin says she is wearing an apron she has had for many years. I love this photo. As Saki said to her, she looks like a new bride. Looks to me as if she knows her way around the kitchen.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-09-24 at 12:18.
Old 2007-09-29, 19:36   Link #273
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Surprised noone has already done this

semi-random snaps from Aya's new photobook
Old 2007-10-06, 23:38   Link #274
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Patty (Sasaki Nozomi) and Misao (Mizuhara Kaoru) recently went together to Oktoberfest in Tokyo and drank dark German beer, according to Nozomin's blog. "I love Germany," said Nozomin. On my own blog, I've made a post based on hers. Here's one of the photos (Nozomin left, Mii-tan right):

In other Nozomin news, she has got a role in a stage play that will be presented in Tokyo 23-27 November. Unfortunately, she does not seem to be appearing in any of the new fall anime. I don't see Mii-tan's name listed for any of the new shows, either.
Old 2007-10-08, 02:00   Link #275
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Wow... yet another "could almost play the character in a 'live action' .... Misao's VA
Old 2007-10-10, 08:16   Link #276
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Whoa. Hirano Aya's new singe "LOVE★GUN" debuted no. 4 on Oricon's singles chart.

Is this her first big break that is non anime related?
Old 2007-10-10, 17:20   Link #277
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
Whoa. Hirano Aya's new singe "LOVE★GUN" debuted no. 4 on Oricon's singles chart. Is this her first big break that is non anime related?
It just might be. I have a blog post about it, including the PV on YouTube.

She does a good job. I think she's almost rocking now.... She wrote the lyrics, too.

UPDATE: The chart for Thursday shows Love Gun dropping to #9. Still decent, but not as good as #4. On Wednesday next, we'll find out how it did for its first week. I've watched the PV several times now, and I like it more and more -- especially the .avi version.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-10-12 at 16:32.
Old 2007-10-26, 21:35   Link #278
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Can anyone tell me what is this about o_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT1S5bKZUQ8
Old 2007-10-28, 15:07   Link #279
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Kind of the wrong forum, but anyway:

Narrated story segment of Hirano talking about an old childhood friend of hers who left and how it's sad without that friend around. Can't imagine why they'd do that in a Galaxy Angel Rune DVD special.
Old 2007-11-13, 14:42   Link #280
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

hey guys saw an image here before of Aya with Ami the one who voiced Tenma from school rumble together, seems I can't find it anymore.