AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 75 29.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 23.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 47 18.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 14.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 5.10%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 2.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.78%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.39%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 2.75%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-29, 20:13   Link #101
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
How about Yuji spends Chirstmas with both of them?
If the writers chose to go that route (and I really DO NOT think they would), I would refuse to watch a 3rd season. And I'm someone who has never agreed with the complaints that J.C. Staff was insufficiently faithful to the novels, or had, worse yet, botched SnS Second in the same way that Zero II tanked. The girls wrote the letters and structured the whole thing to *force* Yuji to make a decision; despite occasional denseness (hello, Konoe???), Yuji is NOT an indecisive dolt. Not at the end of a season where he survives the fights with Sabrac and Bal Masque. The girls would never accept him refusing to make a decision, and it wouldn't be compatible with his character.

The reset this season actually worked for me, because Yuji did nothing more than smile after Shana's confession. He's an understated guy, but that does seem to be a bit of an odd reaction for a man who receives a confession from a girl he likes right before he thinks he's about to die. I personally do *not* think there's any such leeway for a reset after the end of this season. Again, I don't think the writers will do this, because I see them as competent, but if they were to commit such a plot catastrophe, I would refuse to watch a 3rd season and in my own mind, simply see the anime as having ended with this ep.
Old 2008-03-29, 22:37   Link #102
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for :

Last edited by arkxkra; 2008-03-29 at 23:14.
Old 2008-03-30, 08:46   Link #103
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
But there are no comparable scenes with Yoshida. No thinking about how cute she is, or wanting a kiss, even after she's starting to show a lot of interest in him.
Episode 21 season 1, where she confesses her love to him to me showed him liking her. Also, considering that he ate both of their lunches earlier in the season, it showed that he had equal feelings for both of them. Also, I forget when, but remember how Ike confessed to Yuji that he liked Kazumi? There was some shock and jealousy on Yuji's side, as if he were ready to fight for her.

There are little moments where he showed hints to liking her, they are just not as obvious as the hints with Shana. After all, could they make a love triangle (Well, quadrilateral with Ike...) if he only showed preference to one girl?
Old 2008-03-30, 09:19   Link #104
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Also, considering that he ate both of their lunches earlier in the season, it showed that he had equal feelings for both of them.
Well, he also tried to stop her from giving lunches until Ike intervened. I forgot if he tried to deny Shana too or not.

Quote:
Also, I forget when, but remember how Ike confessed to Yuji that he liked Kazumi? There was some shock and jealousy on Yuji's side, as if he were ready to fight for her.
Are we talking about the scene where Yuji asks Ike if he liked Kazumi or are we talking about the final scene in season one where Ike says he'll "fight" during the second semester (or whatever his line was).
Old 2008-03-30, 10:08   Link #105
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Episode 21 season 1, where she confesses her love to him to me showed him liking her. Also, considering that he ate both of their lunches earlier in the season, it showed that he had equal feelings for both of them. Also, I forget when, but remember how Ike confessed to Yuji that he liked Kazumi? There was some shock and jealousy on Yuji's side, as if he were ready to fight for her.

There are little moments where he showed hints to liking her, they are just not as obvious as the hints with Shana. After all, could they make a love triangle (Well, quadrilateral with Ike...) if he only showed preference to one girl?
In the episode after Kazumi confessed her feelings to Yuji, I remember some scenes where her and him were walking side-by-side, and you could really feel both the comfort and mutual trust and warmth. It was probably the most relaxed body language that you saw from either of them in either season.
Old 2008-03-30, 16:00   Link #106
JellyJelly

Spoiler for Episode24:
Old 2008-03-30, 21:11   Link #107
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

I was kind of put off by this series after S1, so I didn't immediately get into II until the mid-teens. Overall, I was really impressed with the run (I even liked the early episodes, because Fumina = <3). Yuuji's progression, the Shana x Yoshida stuff and what-not was all pretty entertaining. After reading some spoilers, I was hopeful for S2 to end in a cliff hanger, but it looks like we will have to wait for an S3 announcement for that fun stuff. Despite that, I thought the anime original ending for S2 was fine by itself. Can't wait for more of this stuff to come down the pipe++
Old 2008-03-31, 20:09   Link #108
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Would it be wrong of me to say... THIS EPISODE WAS MUTHA F'ING EPIC!

And awesome job in finally making your choice, I'm sorry that your Yoshida lost, Chrissie XD

Oh forgot to mention... was I the only one that almost broke a tear when Margery was convulsing from pain?
Old 2008-03-31, 20:20   Link #109
Kiyoru

=(

JC Staff screwed up another ending, imo. anyone think they'll do a special, which may show shana and yuuji spending loving time, just to clarify things?
Old 2008-03-31, 20:23   Link #110
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I think it was obviously clear, a sad crying Yoshida, and a happy blushing Shana moving towards the camera.

But if they decide to not do another season a special seeing Shana and Yuji being a couple would be pretty sweet.
Old 2008-03-31, 20:32   Link #111
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well seems like they made it clear enough to send a message to people. Yet vague enough that if they come back with a third season they can explain it away. Wasn't all that big in terms of how they decided to conclude it, but couldn't have expected much more than that.

Think Yuji and Shana should keep the silver acting like Konoe thing to themselves. Last thing Margery needs to know is that her arch nemesis acted like that at the end of the fight . Really puts ones life into perspective.

Action wasn't bad though. But makes you worried with Shana and Carmel completely outclassed in this one. If it wasn't for some lucky breaks like being able to use the structure as a shield they would have been done for.
Old 2008-03-31, 20:33   Link #112
Kristen
*Author

Hm... After watching it subbed, I can see how JC Staff left the possibilities for a season three wide open. I mean, Hecate has had so much character development as of this point, it's going to be strange as "And that's it. Nothing else important happened." Really, even though Hecate is evil and all, I do kind of feel for her. You could really make a good plot with her from what they have so far, about how she really has been oblivious her entire life about what a human life really is, being "empty", and then once she makes memories of her own (Through Konoe Fumina), she wishes for that faux member to become real. It could be a very sad story of someone who isn't real wishing to become real. Maybe a spin off or a side story or something...

I was smiling when Yuji was talking about things he had to protect, and ended it with "and Yoshida-san". But why, oh why did he have to add "SHANA!" to the end of it. It's like, he found the right direction in life, and then returned to the girl who is annoying, careless, and a bit mean at times.

Really, I'd like to see an OVA series to wrap this up. 6 episodes or so. Maybe make it all anime original and ignore the last arc of the novels. It's just, they need to finish it in a way that doesn't merit 24 episodes.
Old 2008-03-31, 20:36   Link #113
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i see an additional 24 episodes in form of Shana III coming though :/
Old 2008-03-31, 21:08   Link #114
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Chrissie dont worry i know how much of a Kazumi fan you are kudos to you for sticking with your guns given you some rep for that. I have bee neutral though out all of season 2 i just wanted it to be resolved but after reading so many incompetent none interesting shipping post about Shana and how they wished Kazumi was dead for the most idiotic reasons they have actually forced me into liking Kazumi a tiny bit more than Shana. Let it not be said everyone jumps on the bad wagon.

Over all not bad most of the things i did not like about the series were pretty much the writers fault at how they portrayed certain events but even those arent really enough to get worked up about. I held back quite a bit here since i would just end up being pissed off by certain peoples so i just followed the forum from time to time. Some of your guys had some real interesting theories about a possible season 3. Im kind of torn i kind of want one because i love the series but its started to turn out like School Rumble its being dragged the hell out. Oh well at least Yuuji lil bro or sis can be born safely now.
Old 2008-03-31, 21:11   Link #115
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Just glad that the love triangle has finally been put to rest! Its been a long time coming.
Old 2008-03-31, 21:25   Link #116
nines
I much prefer the 2d

what u mean the love triangle been put to rest i dont think he went to any of them x.x
Old 2008-03-31, 21:29   Link #117
Stretch5920

Meh, overall it was a pretty crap ending. Should have stuck to the novels. The harem stuff in the beginning was awful. Oh and to all the Yoshida shippers, wake up please. It's obvious he chose Shana, and would choose her from the start. The show would have been better if Shana and Yuji were an item at the end of season 1 instead of dragging it out.
Old 2008-03-31, 21:43   Link #118
Aquifina

Quote:
I was smiling when Yuji was talking about things he had to protect, and ended it with "and Yoshida-san". But why, oh why did he have to add "SHANA!" to the end of it. It's like, he found the right direction in life, and then returned to the girl who is annoying, careless, and a bit mean at times.
For the record, I would like to say that I actually like Kazumi. She has far more spunk, courage, and good qualities than many fans care to admit. And Shana *is* "annoying, careless, and a bit mean at times." BUT.... I still think Yuji and Shana make a great couple, and that the triangle is settled.
Old 2008-03-31, 21:45   Link #119
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Meh, overall it was a pretty crap ending. Should have stuck to the novels. The harem stuff in the beginning was awful. Oh and to all the Yoshida shippers, wake up please. It's obvious he chose Shana, and would choose her from the start. The show would have been better if Shana and Yuji were an item at the end of season 1 instead of dragging it out.
It doesn't hurt to dream. It's still quite possible Kazumi was overjoyed that he picked her so she started crying, and Shana was happy that Yuji found happiness with Kazumi. Even if the odds of that are 200:1, it's possible.

But, I do succumb to reason and think that Yuji did pick Shana in the adaptation. Naturally, though, I think that JC Staff decided to show the wrong universe, and in the real universe, Yuji picked Kazumi. Naturally, the author has been writing about the wrong universe as well.

And no, there were definately times this season when I thought Kazumi was going to win. It wasn't obvious, it was just overbearing due to the fans.
Old 2008-03-31, 22:09   Link #120
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

You mean the Chrissie universe?

I do respect your fanatical devotion to Kazumi, it takes guts to love the underdog with that kinda passion. I'm sure Kazumi appreciates it too.

On a side note the odds are more 1000000000000000000000:0 in favor of Shana XD
Closed Thread