AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-02-24, 15:11   Link #7421
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

One thing is being kind, other is being careless xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 15:11   Link #7422
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And where exactly was he being "careless"?
Old 2013-02-24, 15:14   Link #7423
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Beign too friendly with people you know have a knack for killing what they see as a threat without any remorse when you're a member of the organization trying to hunt them down could be easily classified as "careless" xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-02-24, 15:14   Link #7424
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well everything is subjective there. I just don’t think the author knew he was going to make them like all Nanoha villains when he puts the part of violent murders, because we later just forget about it. I insist on this because it just stake on my mind when Thoma happily says hi to Cypha and even ask Signum to not hurt the woman that butcher her while trying to help him no less. At least he could realize how awkward that was. Even Signum says they had the nerve to ask her after all of that. Just saying I can’t really look at this series with the same eyes I did to the first season. Here everything seems to have a more cynical tone and yet Thoma and the idealistic things are coming out without fitting in this setting. That is one of Force’s problems to me: tone.
Old 2013-02-24, 15:15   Link #7425
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Just like Nanoha in A's when she met with Vita without Raising Heart active?

Doubly so on Nanoha's part because Vita broke Raising Heart, probably busted a few bones in Nanoha's body and allowed Shamal to steal her Linker Core.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 15:17   Link #7426
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Beign too friendly with people you know have a knack for killing what they see as a threat without any remorse when you're a member of the organization trying to hunt them down could be easily classified as "careless" xDU
Oh for fuck's sake, Aki, quit it with the goddamn bias. You know as well as I do that Touma's perfectly capable of protecting himself or others if the Huckebein or Grendels try to attack someone else. He didn't just let Kurt try to destroy the Raptors, after all.
Old 2013-02-24, 15:22   Link #7427
Justin_Brett

We need a scene where he actually interacts with them for more than a few seconds, while not being tied to a chair. Then maybe some people will shut up about this.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 15:29   Link #7428
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Oh for fuck's sake, Aki, quit it with the goddamn bias. You know as well as I do that Touma's perfectly capable of protecting himself or others if the Huckebein or Grendels try to attack someone else. He didn't just let Kurt try to destroy the Raptors, after all.
I'm not sure I'd call Touma capable. Is anyone he started this fight with against the Grendel's still standing ? He didn't want Kurt try and destroy the Raptors, but they got pretty busted up regardless of his intentions.
Old 2013-02-24, 15:32   Link #7429
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
We need a scene where he actually interacts with them for more than a few seconds, while not being tied to a chair. Then maybe some people will shut up about this.
I agree.

We need some good confrontation were Tohma MUST face some of the Hucks in battle then we'll see how his approach if but so far he has been shown to be much softer and guillible than Nanoha in that particular aspect.

Being nice and kind to people you want to help is okay but don't overlook the fact they're VERY dangerous foes, they may not want to hurt Tohma but the same doesn't apply to all the other people surrounding him xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-02-24, 15:35   Link #7430
Kurohane

Actually, the people around him are still alive because of him.
Old 2013-02-24, 15:41   Link #7431
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Actually, the people around him are still alive because of him.
Yep. Basically the only reason Signum managed to came out alive from her rematch with Cypha it's because she and the Hucks have decided to play nice with the TSAB under Curren's orders xDU

But they're holding back just out of interest, when they finally get what they want they won't have any reason to slice and blast any member of Section Six to oblivion xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-02-24, 15:43   Link #7432
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

*sigh* Aki... if Thoma switches sides, it's less likely they'll take that as a chance to kill them all, as that'd just instantly make Thoma turn on them due to the betrayal.
Old 2013-02-24, 15:46   Link #7433
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I'm not talking about the Hucks going all "witch hunt" against Section Six but they won't have any reason to hold back next time those pesky do-gooders try to interfere with their plans xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-02-24, 15:48   Link #7434
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Again, unlikely, as Thoma would likely try to have them hold back. If they did go on a killing spree even then, then it'd only make Thoma turn on them. Even if he was a member of Huckebein, the people of Mobile Section Six are his friends.
Old 2013-02-24, 15:54   Link #7435
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Again, unlikely, as Thoma would likely try to have them hold back. If they did go on a killing spree even then, then it'd only make Thoma turn on them. Even if he was a member of Huckebein, the people of Mobile Section Six are his friends.
I agree, but Tohma won't necessarily know about every activity of all the Hucks specially when each member seems to be perfectly confident and capable of holding missions on their own ...so far they usually send three members MAX. to accomplish any task ...heck, Cypha goes totally alone to face the Grendels and Section Six's interception team xDU

Maybe you're right but that doesn't change the fact the life insurance on S-6's members is limited and if pushed too far the Hucks will finally draw their fangs for real. Signum already knows what happens on such situations xDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
[citation needed]
Didn't catched it, is that a meme or something o_o?

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-02-24, 15:55   Link #7436
Kurohane

But the Huckebein wouldn't want to make more of an enemy to the TSAB than they already are.
Old 2013-02-24, 15:58   Link #7437
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Not unecessarily at least xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-02-24, 16:02   Link #7438
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Not unecessarily at least xD
And "random killing sprees in TSAB space" are definitely unnecessary.

Look, nobody's claiming the Hucks are good guys. But they are just a darker version of a running theme in Nanoha. StrikerS had the cyborgs, who also killed people. Some of the cyborgs got redeemed, the only ones that didn't chose this for themselves.

Same thing's in store for the Hucks. Those that have some good in them will get redeemed.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 16:10   Link #7439
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Probably but they're still different from the Cyborg in the fact they know what they're doing and are pérfectly okay with it and thus, much more difficult to talk out from their behavior. Most of the numbers received parole for being young and influentiable, guess the same will go for the Grendels, Arnage and Stella ...but those with key involvement and intellectual authority such as Curren, Hardis, Fortis ...and may or maybe not Cypha probably won't receive such kindness in return. Jail didn't receivd such a chance ...and i'm not sure but i tought Uno and Quattro also got denied from reforming (can someone give me canon source about this matter? i would like to confirm how things for all the numbers went).

Also, "random killing sprees" is kind of an exaggeration, i'm talking about the Hucks trying to do something they consider important to achieve their goals and Section Six getting in their way.

As much as i hate to admit, AEC-Weapons are getting a bit better since the Gladiator and as such they can't just slap the S-6's mages in the wirst like past times. Since the Grendels were captured and Cypha was about to leave the palce anyway there was no reason to kill or continue the fight against Signum but if next time she or any other member of Section Six stands betwee a Huck and an importan goal/target things won't be pretty xDU

EDIT: Page claimed for Signum working at a bakery xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-02-24, 16:12   Link #7440
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Most of the numbers received parole for being young and influentiable
What's Cinque's excuse then? She's one of the older ones and has most definitely killed, yet she's not the one in prison.

Tags
manga, nanoha force